(2015/11) Nov 2015 Mummies

@Sarani, I had cervical cerclage done for my 2nd pregnancy. When I found out my cervix shortening at 22weeks, bed rested but still continue to shorten thus cerclage was done at week 24. It was done under GA thus you dun feel anything. However after the procedure I was kept at the labour ward for 24hrs for observation as I was having mild contraction. Thereafter I stayed in the hospital for 2 weeks before I was allowed to go home and bed rested until 37+1 week whereby the stitch was removed and I went into labour on the same day and delivered my gal in 2010.
Now I'm currently pregnant with my #3 and dr KIV a cerclage at week14 for me... It's better to do it early right after the first trimester to minimize the complication arise from performing a cerclage. Did your dr advise when to do it for you??
Hi Ladies,
Hi happy_mtb,
Can I ask this means u have gone thru emergent and elective cerclage? what is the cost like for the procedures? Which hospital did you had your cerclages? After both cerclages what were the activities you could do and could not do as advised by dr? Sorry if im asking too much ;P

Hi Ladies,
Hi happy_mtb,
Can I ask this means u have gone thru emergent and elective cerclage? what is the cost like for the procedures? Which hospital did you had your cerclages? After both cerclages what were the activities you could do and could not do as advised by dr? Sorry if im asking too much ;P
Hi imie, my most recent cerclage done in June costed me almost $13k. I've done it in mt e novena. That's explain the high cost. It's all single room. After this elective cerclage, my activities are normal except that I can't walk too much, too long. Cannot carry heavy stuff and no squatting... Other than that, everything else is normal. However for my emergency cerclage done 5 years ago, it was total bed rest for me except to sit up for meals and shower and toilet visits... Other than that i was on the bed all the way... So elective cerclage is so much better than the emergency one...

hi all long time no update found out we could be having a girl. :D I'm into my 24 weeks now. more than halfway. getting excited busy thinking of girls names. hows every1? any1 got a big bump yet?!

No big bump for me, seems like I'm carrying no. 2 higher up than my first kid so I just look like I'm fat rather than pregnant haha

Should be a having a baby girl also :)

Has anyone booked post-natal massage? What about arrangements for confinement? My hubby says he will cook confinement food, I actually wanted to order confinement catering from Thomson Medical Centre but must have faith in hubby's cooking skills. Suddenly feel like there's so much to do, have not washed baby clothes yet!

No big bump for me, seems like I'm carrying no. 2 higher up than my first kid so I just look like I'm fat rather than pregnant haha

Has anyone booked post-natal massage? What about arrangements for confinement? My hubby says he will cook confinement food, I actually wanted to order confinement catering from Thomson Medical Centre but must have faith in hubby's cooking skills. Suddenly feel like there's so much to do, have not washed baby clothes yet!

I still have not start making any purchases for BB yet. Surely will be a kan Cheong spider these few months !

slowly start doing now? wash baby clothes with baby laundry detergent n after they're dry put in zip lock bag so not dusty. :) if hubby can cook why not? save a lot of money you know. :) herbs bought? confinement herbal bath or shower gel bought? slowly do up shopping list n start on it already......end of august liao. :p

Hi imie, my most recent cerclage done in June costed me almost $13k. I've done it in mt e novena. That's explain the high cost. It's all single room. After this elective cerclage, my activities are normal except that I can't walk too much, too long. Cannot carry heavy stuff and no squatting... Other than that, everything else is normal. However for my emergency cerclage done 5 years ago, it was total bed rest for me except to sit up for meals and shower and toilet visits... Other than that i was on the bed all the way... So elective cerclage is so much better than the emergency one...

Thanks for the info. Wow. 13k for just the so-called minor procedure??? Lol.. Ive been watching cervical cerclage videos n have to say it looks scary. Seems like major procedure. Btw is the cost claimable thru medisave / medishield any idea?

Thanks for the info. Wow. 13k for just the so-called minor procedure??? Lol.. Ive been watching cervical cerclage videos n have to say it looks scary. Seems like major procedure. Btw is the cost claimable thru medisave / medishield any idea?
Claimed $900 from Medisave... No insurance claimable cos it's pregnancy related.

Claimed $900 from Medisave... No insurance claimable cos it's pregnancy related.
Hi happy_mtb,

I am new to this forum and thanks for your sharing about your cervical cerclage experience. I am currently in 3rd pregnancy at week 17th.1st pregnancy was miscarriage@ around week 17th. The water bag suddenly burst, 2 weeks after amnio test. 2nd pregnancy was pre- term labour at 29 weeks; my cervix dilated at 24 weeks and total bed rested at Labour ward in hospital.
This pregnancy wasn't easy for me too. Doctor prescribes me progesterone twice per day to stabilise my pregnancy as continue bleeding during 1st trimester. Recently, I have done cervical length scan at week 16th, 3.2-3.3 cm. My gynae advised that although it seems ok at the moment but he is quick concern it may shorten/ getting worsen. Thus, he suggested me to do cervical cerclage; but To my knowledge, there is miscarriage risk. THis really scare me and I
am now quick puzzle how to move on? ( Alternatively I can opt to carry out close monitoring of cervical length and do emergency cerclage when it fails below 2cm).
Thus, I would like to seek for 2nd opinion. Can you share with me which doctor from mt E novena who you have consulted and done cerclage for u? Would u recommend him?

Thanks!

Hi happy_mtb,

I am new to this forum and thanks for your sharing about your cervical cerclage experience. I am currently in 3rd pregnancy at week 17th.1st pregnancy was miscarriage@ around week 17th. The water bag suddenly burst, 2 weeks after amnio test. 2nd pregnancy was pre- term labour at 29 weeks; my cervix dilated at 24 weeks and total bed rested at Labour ward in hospital.
This pregnancy wasn't easy for me too. Doctor prescribes me progesterone twice per day to stabilise my pregnancy as continue bleeding during 1st trimester. Recently, I have done cervical length scan at week 16th, 3.2-3.3 cm. My gynae advised that although it seems ok at the moment but he is quick concern it may shorten/ getting worsen. Thus, he suggested me to do cervical cerclage; but To my knowledge, there is miscarriage risk. THis really scare me and I
am now quick puzzle how to move on? ( Alternatively I can opt to carry out close monitoring of cervical length and do emergency cerclage when it fails below 2cm).
Thus, I would like to seek for 2nd opinion. Can you share with me which doctor from mt E novena who you have consulted and done cerclage for u? Would u recommend him?

Thanks!
Hi,

My cervix length was healthy when I did the cerlage ard wk 16-17.
My dr is Dr Suresh Nair at Mt E Novena. Very experience and careful doctor.
I can't advise you if you should go for it or not but my own experience is that I didnt regret cos the preventive cerlage is much better than emergency cerlage. I stayed in the hospital for 3 days and bed rested for 1 mth after the surgery and thereafter I can go around doing light activities... The experience this time round is so much better... I'm not constantly worried about the cervix length. For my previous pregnancy which I did emergency cerlage, I have to be in the hospital for 2 weeks after the surgery... And I bed rested throughout the pregnancies which is from week 23 till i delivered at wk37. It was tortuous. And emergency cerlage has higher risk of infection as compared to preventive one where the cervix length is still heathy....

Hope my experiences above may help you in making a decision that you won't regret. Good luck and all the best.

Hi,

My cervix length was healthy when I did the cerlage ard wk 16-17.
My dr is Dr Suresh Nair at Mt E Novena. Very experience and careful doctor.
I can't advise you if you should go for it or not but my own experience is that I didnt regret cos the preventive cerlage is much better than emergency cerlage. I stayed in the hospital for 3 days and bed rested for 1 mth after the surgery and thereafter I can go around doing light activities... The experience this time round is so much better... I'm not constantly worried about the cervix length. For my previous pregnancy which I did emergency cerlage, I have to be in the hospital for 2 weeks after the surgery... And I bed rested throughout the pregnancies which is from week 23 till i delivered at wk37. It was tortuous. And emergency cerlage has higher risk of infection as compared to preventive one where the cervix length is still heathy....

Hope my experiences above may help you in making a decision that you won't regret. Good luck and all the best.
Hi happy_mtb,

Thanks for your prompt reply and Your sharing is definitely helpful! Appreciated from bottom of heart! I definitely can understand how tortuous is for an experience of bed rested in hospital. I experienced it before but only 5 weeks! So, This round I really do not want it to happen again!
Thanks!

Dear mummies giving birth in November,

If you require a part time staff to cover your 3-4 months of work duties while you are on maternity. Please drop me a pm or contact me at [email protected].

I have more than 10 years of experience doing office administration, operations, finance and in human resource.
Able to handle Microsoft Office 2013 well. Fast learner. Internet savvy. Organised. :)

Hi happy_mtb,

Thanks for your prompt reply and Your sharing is definitely helpful! Appreciated from bottom of heart! I definitely can understand how tortuous is for an experience of bed rested in hospital. I experienced it before but only 5 weeks! So, This round I really do not want it to happen again!
Thanks!

Hi sweetbunny, do u mind sharing which hospital u were admitted to for the bed rest? And also how much does it cost? Im facing similiar issues but too late to do cerclage..currently on bedrest at home n close monitoring of cervix by kkh doctor..

Hi mongchichichi,

I was admitted to Kkh at 24 weeks, with total bed rest till delivery at 29weeks. The cost was high, if I recall correctly was approx 20k only my stay in labour ward, the cost was high partly I was PR so less subsidiary. That was in year 2012.
Is your cervix dilated? Why is it too late to do cerclage? How many weeks u r now? How often u see Dr ?
Sorry for asking more questions.

I am 19 weeks now. And I Have done cerclage last week. Now rest at home.

Hi mongchichichi,

I was admitted to Kkh at 24 weeks, with total bed rest till delivery at 29weeks. The cost was high, if I recall correctly was approx 20k only my stay in labour ward, the cost was high partly I was PR so less subsidiary. That was in year 2012.
Is your cervix dilated? Why is it too late to do cerclage? How many weeks u r now? How often u see Dr ?
Sorry for asking more questions.

I am 19 weeks now. And I Have done cerclage last week. Now rest at home.

Hi sweetbunny! Thanks so much for your reply!
Im a PR too, so im quite worried for e cost. Im at week 24 now, seeing kkh doctor once a week to monitor cos it is too late to do cerclage. 3 weeks ago when i went for my detailed scan, my cervix was alrdy funnelling. Somehow it got better now, although still shortening. If it shortens further then I'll be warded.

Hi mommies im new to this grp. My edd is 27 nov 2015 but most likely will pop mid nov based on my prev preg. Im expecting my #4. I see that you all have a fb grp. Can add me in?

Hi, can add me to the FB group? My edd is 7nov15. Email address is [email protected]. Thanks!!

• Hi, canadd me to the FB group? My edd is 15nov15. Email address is franeyong@gmail.com. Thanks!!

Hi,

I would like to join the fb group.
Edd: 30-nov 2015
Email: [email protected]
Pls add me.

Thank you:)

Hi,

I would like to join the fb group.
Edd: 11 Nov 2015
Email: [email protected]
pls add me.

Thanks.. =)

hi, pls look out for email invitation in your inbox / junk mail box and confirm. thank you.

Back