(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Hi Emily

My gynae is Dr KK Ho at Mt E and likely birth in Mt E for convenience of doc. However today came back from check up as i was again bleeding and not so good news as i seem to have placenta previa and mine is complete blockage which docs catergorise as stage 4 not much chance of rising with the pregnancy. The worst part is i start bleeding so early in my pregnancy so i may well go into pre term as they need to c-section out the baby. This is my 2nd baby and thank god baby is all fine and healthy on harmony test, this will also be my 2nd boy.. :)

whole day no mood to work and just dishearten after hearing doc analysis...

hi Iampretty80, i wish u all e best and yeah.... very soon u will see ur little boy, hang in there ya little boy, u will be out in abt 5mths' time. girl, glad that ur baby is fine and a passed harmony test! :) stay happy and positive ok! talk to ur boy as often as possible.

Hi Emily

My gynae is Dr KK Ho at Mt E and likely birth in Mt E for convenience of doc. However today came back from check up as i was again bleeding and not so good news as i seem to have placenta previa and mine is complete blockage which docs catergorise as stage 4 not much chance of rising with the pregnancy. The worst part is i start bleeding so early in my pregnancy so i may well go into pre term as they need to c-section out the baby. This is my 2nd baby and thank god baby is all fine and healthy on harmony test, this will also be my 2nd boy.. :)

Iampretty80, are you given bed rest from the gynae? I read that placenta previa need lots of bed rest. Hope everything will be well and take care.

Hi Emily

Hi Emily, I had a chance to see Dr KK Ho twice because I was bleeding and my usual doc was on holiday. He is very detailed whilst scanning. Just curious how did he detect placenta previa with you? Is it thru ultrasound scan?
jiayou and hang in there. hope all goes well for you & your baby boy.

Hi ladies, morning to everyone of you! :) Please address me by Sylvia.. i was being cheesy calling myself iampretty during pregnancy.. hahahaha

Emily - i am only worried bb will be too small when birth as likely it be prematured due to my early stage bleeding. My gynae is worried as i was bleeding from day one and initially he was suspecting threatened miscarriage but as time pass the with harmony test and scans as well as my cervix is closed it doesnt seem at all like a threatend miscarriage rather he noticed my placenta has not rise like a normal pregnancy would. In fact it had lower to the point its a total block of the opening where bb is suppose to be coming out which is why gynae is hoping to take out bb asap as soon as its healthy especially when the pregnancy goes bigger, the bleeding will get more intense. so fingers cross baby boy inside gain lots of weight and i hope to really really pull through at least 34 weeks not the 28 weeks my gynae had in mind.

babywipes - Dr Ho detect it through the usual scan he does on each check up. Actually when i was in HK visiting my inlaws and hubby on 15 Mar, my gynae there already prewarn me about it when he scanned me but i didnt want to just take 1 doctor view so tis time when i visited Dr Ho to check on why i am bleeding again, he broke the news to me that this pregnancy is not looking too smooth like my first one and he went on to further explain what to expect as a kind of prewarning. He did tell me he notice my placenta was on the low side during the first 2 months of scans but he didnt want to scare me unnecessarily so waited to see if it will rise by itself when the pregnancy progresses but seems like this is not happening and kind of worsen.

Hong - suppose to have lots of bed rest in fact some ladies have to be hospitalised but i am quite an active person and can't stand being away from work! So i am still doing my usual stuff but gynae warned me that as pregnancy progresses i best be prepared to bed rest plenty esp last trimester if i get that far... I am also still travelling for both work and visiting my hubby in HK but all these will stop in May as hubby totally forbid which also make sense as my bleeding really no one knows when it will come on or off.

wantababy - thanks for your well wishes... :)

Hey dear,

I'm most prob going Mt A. My lil niece was born thr, rooms are okay spacious. Service wise i cant comment much cos I was thr for visits. Cuzzies tt gave birth thr said midwife is good.

You can go hospital visit. Can go on their site to check what are e available dates n slots too. Hubbs n myseld gf on 28/4. Read tt they'd share package with you. Bring u tour ard the rooms.

Thanks babe. Will go arrange for the tour too! ^^

Anyone know of ppl whom had experience of a false alarm from the oscar scan result? Mine blood test was fine but the scan showed bb had a slightly thicker neck cm..gynae said might have heart prob but must double check during the detailed scan..m worried that bb might heartprob n down syndrome as read online got ppl say it's linked! :(

Thanks babe. Will go arrange for the tour too! ^^

Anyone know of ppl whom had experience of a false alarm from the oscar scan result? Mine blood test was fine but the scan showed bb had a slightly thicker neck cm..gynae said might have heart prob but must double check during the detailed scan..m worried that bb might heartprob n down syndrome as read online got ppl say it's linked! :(

Azure, My sister did experience false alarm. Blood test fail but neck thickness ok and she went for aminotesis test just to have a peace of mind. My niece even have a cyst in her head but it disappeared 2 months after she was borned. Since Gynae asking you to double check in 20 weeks then let pray everything will be ok by then. Try to eat well.

I was juicing for my family and doing some read up online as I wanted to know if I should avoid juicing some fruits or vegetables. I happened to buy pomegranate and did some reading on the fruit. To my surprised, the fruit has many benefits for pregnant lady, especially on placenta and brains.

Hope these information is useful.
http://www.livestrong.com/article/464074-pomegranate-juice-pregnancy/
http://healthyeating.sfgate.com/pomegranate-pregnant-women-2489.html
http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/releases/26752.php

Dear Mummies-to-be,
I am new to this forum and I am so glad to see so many ladies having EDD in Sep too! Just wanna say Hi to everyone! ;) My EDD is on 28 Sep. Anyone with the same EDD?
Btw, according to reports I read online, we should only be gaining about 8kg (if we are of average BMI). So far, I have gained about 0.5kg only. I hope this is ok. I can still fit into my jeans. I actually lost some weight before I got preggie so I am still wearing my old jeans now. Haha..Has anyone started buying maternity clothes yet?

I am at the stage where my jeans are starting to get tight but I am not big enough to fit into maternity jeans yet.. Quite annoying. Haha..

I am also considered an 'old' mother. I am 33 this year and this is my first bb. Don't even wanna think how old I would be if I ever have a second bb. :rolleyes:

I hope everyone's pregnancy will go smoothly and let's all look forward to our Jubilee babies in Sep! :)

Hi Mummies, I know during pregency we cannot drink coffee, tea and coke, how about those flower tea? like rose tea?

Hi PhoebePan, I read that drinking flower tea is ok for the baby - U can also try this tea called Rooibos. It's supposedly very good for your health, contains lots of anti-oxidants and has no caffeine in it.

Mummies, I developed a cough over the weekend cos of the weather. Do u know if there is any medicine I can take? Or if there is any herbal remedy I can take?

Care
Dear Mummies-to-be,
I am new to this forum and I am so glad to see so many ladies having EDD in Sep too! Just wanna say Hi to everyone! ;) My EDD is on 28 Sep. Anyone with the same EDD?
Btw, according to reports I read online, we should only be gaining about 8kg (if we are of average BMI). So far, I have gained about 0.5kg only. I hope this is ok. I can still fit into my jeans. I actually lost some weight before I got preggie so I am still wearing my old jeans now. Haha..Has anyone started buying maternity clothes yet?

I am at the stage where my jeans are starting to get tight but I am not big enough to fit into maternity jeans yet.. Quite annoying. Haha..

I am also considered an 'old' mother. I am 33 this year and this is my first bb. Don't even wanna think how old I would be if I ever have a second bb. :rolleyes:

I hope everyone's pregnancy will go smoothly and let's all look forward to our Jubilee babies in Sep! :)

Hi Carebear,
Congrats! I'm sharing the same EDD as you and this is my 3rd child. I lost weight and have not gained any so far. Was having bad appetite on the 1st trimester and now hitting 2nd the appetite is getting better but still not back to my normal portion especially dinner. I think my appetite is best during breakfast.
Which Gynae do you visit?

Mummies, I developed a cough over the weekend cos of the weather. Do u know if there is any medicine I can take? Or if there is any herbal remedy I can take?

Wantababy, me too. From flu to sore throat and bad cough. I went GP but doesnt seem to work so I go back to TCM but I told the sinseh I am pregnant so they could prescribe medication fit for my current condition. For me, i know for some condition only TCM works for me. You take care and drink lot of water and avoid spicy, oily and deep fried food.

hi im sorry, haven been checking the forum for a long time. those who wants to be added to the fb grp or watsapp grp can add me in fb
[email protected]. pls leave me a msg so i know you r sept mummy. or u can pm ur email add but pls do set ur setting to non privacy so i can add u in. ;)

Hihi :)
I can't find u under Ur email address :(

halo, meaning u choose standard room and you need not pay for your hubby for overstayed? wow that's cool:)
yup that would be very helpful..awaiting for you to upload the bill:):)
Ahhh... Forgetful me. Totally forgot about it. So sorry! Shall do it ASAP!

Hi Emily

Stay positive mummy! Fighting!! :)

Azure, My sister did experience false alarm. Blood test fail but neck thickness ok and she went for aminotesis test just to have a peace of mind. My niece even have a cyst in her head but it disappeared 2 months after she was borned. Since Gynae asking you to double check in 20 weeks then let pray everything will be ok by then. Try to eat well.

I was juicing for my family and doing some read up online as I wanted to know if I should avoid juicing some fruits or vegetables. I happened to buy pomegranate and did some reading on the fruit. To my surprised, the fruit has many benefits for pregnant lady, especially on placenta and brains.

Thank Hong.. hope everything's fine too..

Hi hong, can you share how u juice pomegranate? there are so many seeds in the fruit, so i just cut it in half and then put it in the juicer? Also do i need to remove the skin?

Hi Mummies, I'm suddenly having flu and sore throat this morning, i drink a lot of water but doesn't seem better, i'm thinking monitor few days see if it's better, if no, then see doctor, but my mum ask me faster go see doctor she scare my flu may goes to my BB, is it possible?

hiya mommies,

i am having cough, sore throat and a slight flu for the past 2 weeks and gynae gave me the following med. My cough goes away but my throat is still not healing well causing me sleepless nights but no other choice as the next med is antibiotics which i believe non of us want to take here during pregnancy so can only tolerate. The lozenges really help as it numbs the pain.. hope this helps!!

Dhasedyl - For dry cough (makes you drowsy)
Flumicil - If you have phelgm
Piriton - Running nose (Makes you drowsy)
Alzytec - Running nose (Non drowsy for day use)
Serratiopeptidase - Sore throat (basically a med to bring down inflammation)
Trachisan - The only lozenges i understand for pregnant ladies

Separately can anyone advise if the FB or watsapp is still being managed? I dont seems to have any response though i have sent out emails to the admin. Have a great long weekend ahead ladies and Happy Easter in advance! :)

Hi PhoebePan, no I never heard that mummy having the flu will get to the baby.
I believe we are usually more concerned over consuming meds in case of any effect on our developing babies so we try to rough it out w/o medication as long as possible. I did read that during 2nd tri we tend to have blocked nose cause of more swollen mucous membranes. Drink more water and i heard starfruit helps with sore throat.

http://www.babycenter.com/0_stuffy-nose-during-pregnancy_1076.bc

Ive developed coughed frm 7 weeks now... Slowly getting better. It was baaaaad. But dint wanna take any prescribed meds as it's not really good for baby or yourself.

Try 'chuan pei'?

Happy Easter Ladies!

Hi Hong, I am based in London now and my hb is posted over here for 2 years. At first, we didn't wanna try for a kid here as it's always better to give birth in the comfort of your own country but well due to my age..*tick tock*. Haha..anyway I will be delivering in London and then we will fly back next year when the posting is up.

Most of the mummies in SG will be engaging confinement nannies etc but it's so hard to find one here...I was almost tempted to ask how the ladies cope here without a helper or nanny?

Btw, to those ladies having flu / cough - do drink more water and perhaps can start taking bird's nest? I heard it's quite gd for respiratory system. I started taking few weeks ago - just a tablespoon a day.

Hi Mummies,

Btw, I need some of your opinions. I know this sound very kiasu. But some of my frens were telling me I should start researching on childcares now as some of them have waiting list of 2 years! Oh gosh..so anyway I did take a look at the Govt website on childcares and there are so many...how to choose? My frens said PCF / MFS (not sure what is the diff)...anyway they said it's govt so it's not as good as private. Is this true? Some of them send their kids to MindChamps. I saw the price - about $1600 a month. Wow...I mean if I am having only 1 kid, should be ok but if having 2 then would be a stretch. But at the same time. I don't wanna be scrimping on my kid's education too as the early years of childhood learning are the most impt. -__-

I'm not able to get the admin too... Anyone already in the facebook page can add us in too??
I think childcare is still very early to register. If you have plans for infant care then should start looking now.. Usually if you join the infant care, you will have a place at childcare when they turn 18months..

Happy Easter Ladies!

Hi Hong, I am based in London now and my hb is posted over here for 2 years. At first, we didn't wanna try for a kid here as it's always better to give birth in the comfort of your own country but well due to my age..*tick tock*. Haha..anyway I will be delivering in London and then we will fly back next year when the posting is up.

Most of the mummies in SG will be engaging confinement nannies etc but it's so hard to find one here...I was almost tempted to ask how the ladies cope here without a helper or nanny?

Btw, to those ladies having flu / cough - do drink more water and perhaps can start taking bird's nest? I heard it's quite gd for respiratory system. I started taking few weeks ago - just a tablespoon a day.

Hi there, I came back from the UK last year after living there for 5 years. I think it's hard without a confinement lady to help in the first month, as a new mummy is recovering from the child birth but still has to care for a new baby plus all the usual house chores and own meals.

Best if your mum or mum in law is able to fly to UK and support you in the first few months. Else you must make a strong circle of mother friends who know what you will be going through and come visit you regularly to help with chores and your meals at the least. Else it can be quite overwhelming, in a new country, with a new role, with different weather conditions to tackle and no Sg comfort food to help ease the occasional misery.

Hope you can get some help to be with you in the first few months!

Hi Babibambi,

Thanks for your advice! My MIL has gladly agreed to come over to help in the first few months. Thank God! I am indeed feeling lost too as it's my first kid. And most of my friends here do not have kids yet - they are younger than me ard 30-31.

The weather condition is still bearable though I really crave for SG food! Haha..In fact, I can only console myself by thinking that at least I won't put on so much weight here. If I am back in SG, who knows I think I will have already put on 4-5kg in the first trimester by gorging on all my fav food. Lol...

Hi Mummies,

Btw, I need some of your opinions. I know this sound very kiasu. But some of my frens were telling me I should start researching on childcares now as some of them have waiting list of 2 years! Oh gosh..so anyway I did take a look at the Govt website on childcares and there are so many...how to choose? My frens said PCF / MFS (not sure what is the diff)...anyway they said it's govt so it's not as good as private. Is this true? Some of them send their kids to MindChamps. I saw the price - about $1600 a month. Wow...I mean if I am having only 1 kid, should be ok but if having 2 then would be a stretch. But at the same time. I don't wanna be scrimping on my kid's education too as the early years of childhood learning are the most impt. -__-

If u are intending to put ur baby in infant care, then yes u may wanna put ur name in the wait list now...
If u wanna put ur kid in CC at 18mo, u can start to put ur name once baby is born... Otherwise, u might not get a slot...

I think u need to consider cost, distance, accessibility, curriculum when deciding for a CC and decide which one takes priority...

Not many of us can put our kids in mindchamps or chiltern or some high end CC... Like u said, if u have 2 kids then how... So u just get something within ur budget and comfortable with unless u are willing to make a lot of sacrifices....

Carebear, I do hear pple mail order confinement nanny to oversea but not sure about the price.
Yes for infant care, you probably want to start searching now and register.
SG food - none selling there? Must learn to cook some dishes when you are back so you will get to cook for yourself when you are oversea. :)

I was told to come down to gynae office ytd because dr wanted to explain my OSCAR test result with me. I have expected not a very promising result else he will not be so anxious to get me into his clinic. True enough. I scored 1: 141 and will have to go through Amniocentesis test which cost another 1.2k. I think I fail the blood test portion, the scan result reading is ok.

morning morning... :)

Carebear2905 - I admire your courage to give birth for the first time in the UK, this is my 2nd child and i still return to SG for birth rather sacrificing time away from my hubby. i feel more secure here somewhat with my own doctors as well as having the comfort of confinement lady and massage lady post birth. All the best in your pregnancy/birth journey!

For childcare, you can also consider Cambridge for a slightly lower price about 1000 after subsidy for full day. I used to send my son there and the teachers there are wonderful. My boy was in Robertson Quay branch.

Hong - Sorry to hear of the news and i wish you get back positive results from Amnio. Can't help but worry as a mother im sure but do take care of yourself too and rest plenty during the long weekend!

Zaclin - If i could trouble you to please add [email protected] on the FB page. Thank you.

morning morning... :)

Carebear2905 - I admire your courage to give birth for the first time in the UK, this is my 2nd child and i still return to SG for birth rather sacrificing time away from my hubby. i feel more secure here somewhat with my own doctors as well as having the comfort of confinement lady and massage lady post birth. All the best in your pregnancy/birth journey!

For childcare, you can also consider Cambridge for a slightly lower price about 1000 after subsidy for full day. I used to send my son there and the teachers there are wonderful. My boy was in Robertson Quay branch.

Hong - Sorry to hear of the news and i wish you get back positive results from Amnio. Can't help but worry as a mother im sure but do take care of yourself too and rest plenty during the long weekend!

Zaclin - If i could trouble you to please add [email protected] on the FB page. Thank you.

Hi, I have added u to the FB grp... Pls check email notification ya....

Carebear, I do hear pple mail order confinement nanny to oversea but not sure about the price.
SG food - none selling there? Must learn to cook some dishes when you are back so you will get to cook for yourself when you are oversea. :)

I was told to come down to gynae office ytd because dr wanted to explain my OSCAR test result with me. I have expected not a very promising result else he will not be so anxious to get me into his clinic. True enough. I scored 1: 141 and will have to go through Amniocentesis test which cost another 1.2k. I think I fail the blood test portion, the scan result reading is ok.
Hi Hong,
Can I know how old are u now?
Normally if u are over 35 then the result is usually not favourable...
(heard from my other mummies fren)
Once they did the Amnio/Harmony, results are ok..
So dont worry too much ya...

Hi Zaclin

Thanks so much for adding me in. However i think i abit screwed it up! I send back a request for admin to add me in... duh... sorry i am not so great with facebook... can you check if you can add me in? Many thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Dear Mummies-to-be,

hi carebear, my edd was 26sept aft that gynae said 28sept after that was 26sept again lol so i guess +- around there :) hopefully it is sept and don drag to oct lol. don worry abt gaining weight in 1st tri, many lost weight but picks up during 2nd tri. i lost a little few grams but was in my maternity pants already, cant wear my usual pants since 2 mths of preggy :D, i am the skinny underweight type. still underweight though. i am oso in my 30 :) not tat young too

Hi ladies, morning to everyone of you! :) Please address me by Sylvia.. i was being cheesy calling myself iampretty during pregnancy.. hahahaha

Emily - i am only worried bb will be too small when birth as likely it be prematured due to my early stage bleeding. My gynae is worried as i was bleeding from day one and initially he was suspecting threatened miscarriage but as time pass the with harmony test and scans as well as my cervix is closed it doesnt seem at all like a threatend miscarriage rather he noticed my placenta has not rise like a normal pregnancy would. In fact it had lower to the point its a total block of the opening where bb is suppose to be coming out which is why gynae is hoping to take out bb asap as soon as its healthy especially when the pregnancy goes bigger, the bleeding will get more intense. so fingers cross baby boy inside gain lots of weight and i hope to really really pull through at least 34 weeks not the 28 weeks my gynae had in mind.

babywipes - Dr Ho detect it through the usual scan he does on each check up. Actually when i was in HK visiting my inlaws and hubby on 15 Mar, my gynae there already prewarn me about it when he scanned me but i didnt want to just take 1 doctor view so tis time when i visited Dr Ho to check on why i am bleeding again, he broke the news to me that this pregnancy is not looking too smooth like my first one and he went on to further explain what to expect as a kind of prewarning. He did tell me he notice my placenta was on the low side during the first 2 months of scans but he didnt want to scare me unnecessarily so waited to see if it will rise by itself when the pregnancy progresses but seems like this is not happening and kind of worsen.

Hong - suppose to have lots of bed rest in fact some ladies have to be hospitalised but i am quite an active person and can't stand being away from work! So i am still doing my usual stuff but gynae warned me that as pregnancy progresses i best be prepared to bed rest plenty esp last trimester if i get that far... I am also still travelling for both work and visiting my hubby in HK but all these will stop in May as hubby totally forbid which also make sense as my bleeding really no one knows when it will come on or off.

wantababy - thanks for your well wishes... :)
iampretty, don worry too much ya, will affect baby. just let nature takes it course... if gynae is confident on bringing out ur baby earlier, must trust him or get another opinion if u are in doubts... i am sure gynae wont want to put ur baby at risk too... if not he oso cannot hold his rice bowl hahaha... most of all e baby and you are safe. many pre matures babies are very healthy too. some healthier than full term babies. be positive ya!

hi hong, saw you mentioned pomegranate juice is good but can we get those from supermarket , those pre made type? but cranberries were also added...

Hi Hong
stay positive for your test. update us. hope everything is well.. i hope mine too... have appt for baby's heart test scheduled next week. hope bb is well.

I have heard a number of cases whereby Oscar result not good n when they did the Harmony or Amnio test, it turns out ok.

Dun worry mummy Hong. Stay positive always.

Hi Zaclin

Thanks so much for adding me in. However i think i abit screwed it up! I send back a request for admin to add me in... duh... sorry i am not so great with facebook... can you check if you can add me in? Many thanks and sorry for the trouble.

Hi Iampretty80
I tried to add but it says need to wait for admin to approve u...
so maybe u just wait a while?

Back