(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

y3nlin9,
my sister also failed her OSCAR test and she did further Amino test and the result is good. Do you plan for further test? I still feel Amino test is most accurate although it carry certain risk but the risk is quite low. Usually the extraction will be conducted by experienced professional. You should go for further test if you are worry but the eventually the question will still ask back to you. What if the baby is DS? Will you still keep it?

I just came back from CVS test, waiting for the preliminary result on Thursday. I have a daughter which is 20 months old.. it's a tough decision for us to make, as we have to consider bringing up our daughter too if the baby is DS. But I keep my mind and thought positive.. that my baby is safe and healthy.

Hi ladies

Just sharing..
Today i went to see Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC(for 1st time),he is indeed very humorous and nice.
I m 15wk now he asked if i want to knw baby gender too bad bb was not so cooperative today so he only has 50%guess that its a boy.
Had signed up gynae package with him(cost$800 for max 11sessions).
I also asked for the hospital fee of TCM for premier single ward,its around $3.8k for normal delivery.

O ya btw ladies i do not quite sure about the medisave part.can anyone explain to me ?ie how much can we use medisave for normal delivery as well as for Antenatal medical expenses?(actually i m also not sure what is Antenatal means?)

Thanks

Hi ladies

Just sharing..
Today i went to see Dr Benjamin Tham from TMC(for 1st time),he is indeed very humorous and nice.
I m 15wk now he asked if i want to knw baby gender too bad bb was not so cooperative today so he only has 50%guess that its a boy.
Had signed up gynae package with him(cost$800 for max 11sessions).
I also asked for the hospital fee of TCM for premier single ward,its around $3.8k for normal delivery.

I'm going to see Dr Tham next Monday at 16 weeks and hopefully can tell gender.

Did the clinic ask you to place a booking? I booked standard single and subsequently received a letter from TMC to complete my booking online. Do you know what's the difference btw premier single and standard single? The room rate per night is like double?

Did the clinic ask you to place a booking? I booked standard single and subsequently received a letter from TMC to complete my booking online. Do you know what's the difference btw premier single and standard single? The room rate per night is like double?
If ur bb is cooperative i think dr tham shld be able to tell u bb gender.good luck.
Yes nurse asked me to book the room i choose premier standard bcos nurse said got promotion.
Premier single b4 GST is $630 and hubby is allowed to stay with us without any surcharge.(and have 1meal provided by hospital)
Whereas for standard single (cos b4 GST is $530+$100 if hubby wants to stay overnight),and meal will not br included for hubby.
I asked nurse isnt that the same if i choose either one cos both end up $630 b4 GST?she said many asked same question but then at the end of the bill there will be few hundred difference btw these 2types of room though.think maybe $100-$300 diff.(maybe due to medication or any nursing care i suppose).
Thats so far i understood hope it helps.

If ur bb is cooperative i think dr tham shld be able to tell u bb gender.good luck.
Yes nurse asked me to book the room i choose premier standard bcos nurse said got promotion.
Premier single b4 GST is $630 and hubby is allowed to stay with us without any surcharge.(and have 1meal provided by hospital)
Whereas for standard single (cos b4 GST is $530+$100 if hubby wants to stay overnight),and meal will not br included for hubby.
I asked nurse isnt that the same if i choose either one cos both end up $630 b4 GST?she said many asked same question but then at the end of the bill there will be few hundred difference btw these 2types of room though.think maybe $100-$300 diff.(maybe due to medication or any nursing care i suppose).

Thanks mummy RnRnr for sharing the info. it's really helpful. Now roughly know the diff btw the both.

My current gynae will not be delivering my baby for me due to the recent change of terms of doctors insurance plan. He recommended me a few gynae and I'm now considering Dr Benjamin Tham or Dr Beh Suan Tiong.

Dr Benjamin Tham seems to be good n popular, however, was told that his schedule quite packed. How abt Dr Beh? Any of you with him or heard abt him before?

Anyone taking a maternity photo shoot package? Can share any value-for-money package which you have taken up or going to take up?

I just came back from CVS test, waiting for the preliminary result on Thursday. I have a daughter which is 20 months old.. it's a tough decision for us to make, as we have to consider bringing up our daughter too if the baby is DS. But I keep my mind and thought positive.. that my baby is safe and healthy.

Be positive postive!! Everything gonna be okay! Baby be good baby okay jiayou mummy & baby!!

I heard is premium single have computer, tv etc whereas single doesn't have all this. And if not wrong single bed for the daddy's meal need to pay and for premium no need :)

Hope it helps! I am taking single bed at TMC :)

Thanks mummy RnRnr for sharing the info. it's really helpful. Now roughly know the diff btw the both.

My current gynae will not be delivering my baby for me due to the recent change of terms of doctors insurance plan. He recommended me a few gynae and I'm now considering Dr Benjamin Tham or Dr Beh Suan Tiong.

Dr Benjamin Tham seems to be good n popular, however, was told that his schedule quite packed. How abt Dr Beh? Any of you with him or heard abt him before?

hi, no problem:)

no i do not know Dr.Beh though,so far only met with Dr Esther(Mt.A),Dr Han (KKH) and Dr Benjamin (TCM).
yestdy was my 1st visit to Dr Benjamin, i find he is ok. So i signed up the gynae package right away with him (maybe it was due to i m lazy n tired to look for another gynae again too).
the Q yes, i waited for around 1 hr even it's on weekday (3.30 pm appointment).

I heard is premium single have computer, tv etc whereas single doesn't have all this. And if not wrong single bed for the daddy's meal need to pay and for premium no need :)

Hope it helps! I am taking single bed at TMC :)
hi , so for standard single bed, if you want to let you hubby to stay you will have to pay $100 /night ,right?
I may think of changing to standard bed, think that would be sufficient.
Anyway the meal will not be nice, my as well let hubby go out and eat:)

Nobody told me about the premier single promotion. I saw that the cost was double so I didn't choose that. I shall ask them again when I'm there next week.
Thanks for sharing this mummy rnrnr!

Hi ladies,

need to check if any of you will know after birth when will be the check up for mommy and baby? The reason i am asking is because 2 weeks from my birth i am planning to travel back to HK with my hubby/bb to continue my confinement as my first child continues his studies in Hk while i am in SG for the birth. Thanks

I got the result of Oscar test and from the blood test , the nurse say I carry strains of Thalassemia . Does anyone have the same thingy? It's scary!!!

I got the result of Oscar test and from the blood test , the nurse say I carry strains of Thalassemia . Does anyone have the same thingy? It's scary!!!
Hi so did u test for thalassemia? I also got back my oscar blood test and they suspect i might have thalassemia.. so asked me and husband to take the test to test for it.. now waiting for the result which is 3 to 4 weeks.. the waiting is killing me..

hi,

my husband is a thalassemia carrier... but i am not... during my first pregnancy, we got all the blood test done.. turned out my baby is healthy...
dont worry... ur baby will be fine :)

Last edited:
Hi Mummies!

This is my third pregnancy and my EDD is 30 Sept 2015. I hope to get to know all of you better.

Dear Admins, please kindly add me into FB group and WhatsApp group, I have separately pm you on this request.

Thanks lots and Jia you to all!

Hi ladies,

need to check if any of you will know after birth when will be the check up for mommy and baby? The reason i am asking is because 2 weeks from my birth i am planning to travel back to HK with my hubby/bb to continue my confinement as my first child continues his studies in Hk while i am in SG for the birth. Thanks

Seems like 3mths for me, post delivery.. (based on the pic I posted on FB)...
This is the check up for mummy....

morning ladies! :)

I try to PM the admin b4 but nobody added me on FB or watsapp. Can anyone pls advise how to get connected again? Zaclin29, thanks for the info but i cant wait for 3months as my 1st child is alone in HK with my inlaws so i must go back asap. I guess i must see dr on my own just b4 i travel and hopefully my delivery is smooth with no complications so no delays at all.

hi , so for standard single bed, if you want to let you hubby to stay you will have to pay $100 /night ,right?
I may think of changing to standard bed, think that would be sufficient.
Anyway the meal will not be nice, my as well let hubby go out and eat:)
Hihi, hubby can stay for free just need pay for the meal for single bed. I have the price list I got from TMC from the congress 2015. I shall upload here to share soon :)

Other than TCM, any mummies gg for Mt A's room? anyone can comment bout the service and rooms?

Can add me in the fb page also? my email: [email protected]
Hey dear,

I'm most prob going Mt A. My lil niece was born thr, rooms are okay spacious. Service wise i cant comment much cos I was thr for visits. Cuzzies tt gave birth thr said midwife is good.

You can go hospital visit. Can go on their site to check what are e available dates n slots too. Hubbs n myseld gf on 28/4. Read tt they'd share package with you. Bring u tour ard the rooms.

Hihi, hubby can stay for free just need pay for the meal for single bed. I have the price list I got from TMC from the congress 2015. I shall upload here to share soon :)

So u mean if hub doesn't need to be served meals, he can stay overnight and there's no need to pay that $100?

hi mummies, my due date is 18 Sep 2015 and this is my second pregnancy.

Can the admin please add me to the FB group please? Thanks!

hi im sorry, haven been checking the forum for a long time. those who wants to be added to the fb grp or watsapp grp can add me in fb
[email protected]. pls leave me a msg so i know you r sept mummy. or u can pm ur email add but pls do set ur setting to non privacy so i can add u in. ;)

hiya everyone,

i was at robinson close door sale yesterday and the Advent packages are quite a bargain. If you intend to use Advent its a good time to buy. The package i paid was only $149 for the following items. Today close door sale is at Cityhall and tomorrow at JEM. Nuk items are on 30% too..

1 Sterilizer
1 Bottle drying rack
4 milk bottles
1 pacifier
1 washing brush
1 head pillow

halo, meaning u choose standard room and you need not pay for your hubby for overstayed? wow that's cool:)
yup that would be very helpful..awaiting for you to upload the bill:):)

Sunshine10,
I am with Dr Beh Suan Tiong, 1st time with him although is my 3rd child because he removed a big cyst from me 2 yrs back. I decided to go back to him cos he has my history.

I was given multi-vit and calcium pills to take which is good for me because I dislike drinking milk so I do not have a regular calcium intake. I just did my OSCAR Scan this Wednesday, I heard the result will be out 2 days later but my gynae is out for a conference so I guess can only discuss about the result 3 weeks later.

Hi ladies,

Hi Dear,
usually the gynae will ask you back for a checkup after 1 or 2 weeks from your birth.

Sunshine10,
I am with Dr Beh Suan Tiong, 1st time with him although is my 3rd child because he removed a big cyst from me 2 yrs back. I decided to go back to him cos he has my history.

I was given multi-vit and calcium pills to take which is good for me because I dislike drinking milk so I do not have a regular calcium intake. I just did my OSCAR Scan this Wednesday, I heard the result will be out 2 days later but my gynae is out for a conference so I guess can only discuss about the result 3 weeks later.

Thanks mummy hong! I'll popby his clinic next sat after my checkup to check on the antenatal package n delivery charges then. ;)

Hi ladies,

hi, usually have to bring baby for a blood test (test for jaundice) after a week. If the bilirubin levels are high or a cause for concern, you may have to do phototherapy or bring baby back for another test, depending on what the paed says. Visit to gynae was after 1-2 weeks to check on wound. My gynae also does an ultrasound scan of the womb to make sure it's clear. Then after 6 weeks, a second visit to the gynae to again do an ultrasound on the womb, make sure everything is alright, and my gynae will do a pap smear too.

Last edited:
yes my bump is showing out too and i m 16wk.
i think it's normal. but today mine is rather flat as i didnt able to eat last nite..vomited...:(
I hope you are fine to eat something today. My bump is getting more visible. by the way, Dr Ben Tham is very nice and humorous! =))

I only start drinking caffeine during my last trimester.
My gynae told me try not to exceed more than 1,2 cups of coffee, or 1 can coke per day incase of gestational diabetes.

Hi Mummies and mummies to be,
Congrats to your little bundle of joy. Hope u are coping well.
Is anyone with Dr Tan Heng Hao at KKH throughout delivery? Does anyone here have had (previous) experience delivered by Dr Tan Heng Hao? Can share your experience with him? He is my gynae, find him quite nice but not experience in him for delivering for me. My EDD is mid- end of Sept. Thanks so much in advance!

Hi Mummies!

This is my third pregnancy and my EDD is 30 Sept 2015. I hope to get to know all of you better.

Dear Admins, please kindly add me into FB group and WhatsApp group, I have separately pm you on this request.

Thanks lots and Jia you to all!
hi joyfulmama, i am also around that date, probably earlier than u :) who is ur gynae and where do u plan for delivery? mine is DR tan heng hao from kkh, will deliver there too... not sure how is thier service and how good is dr tan as this is my first :)

Hi Emily

My gynae is Dr KK Ho at Mt E and likely birth in Mt E for convenience of doc. However today came back from check up as i was again bleeding and not so good news as i seem to have placenta previa and mine is complete blockage which docs catergorise as stage 4 not much chance of rising with the pregnancy. The worst part is i start bleeding so early in my pregnancy so i may well go into pre term as they need to c-section out the baby. This is my 2nd baby and thank god baby is all fine and healthy on harmony test, this will also be my 2nd boy.. :)

whole day no mood to work and just dishearten after hearing doc analysis...

Hi Emily

My gynae is Dr KK Ho at Mt E and likely birth in Mt E for convenience of doc. However today came back from check up as i was again bleeding and not so good news as i seem to have placenta previa and mine is complete blockage which docs catergorise as stage 4 not much chance of rising with the pregnancy. The worst part is i start bleeding so early in my pregnancy so i may well go into pre term as they need to c-section out the baby. This is my 2nd baby and thank god baby is all fine and healthy on harmony test, this will also be my 2nd boy.. :)

whole day no mood to work and just dishearten after hearing doc analysis...

Chin up dear! I read sometimes it'll solve itself later in pregnancy. Just try to rest as much as u can. Jiayou!

Back