(2015/09) Sept 2015 Mummies

Same case... now thinking how to proceed... I ever saw Benjamin Tham from TMC. Thinking whether to go to him anot.
Hi Damahome, u just went to see her? OMG.. then how? I am also at a lost:(:(
i have shortlisted 3 : Dr Loke Kah Leong, Dr Clifton Chan and Dr Heng Tung lan. But i m soo indecisive still :'(
stress to find gynae.

First 2 doctors can deliver at Mt A, but i think the Dr Heng cannot.

But deep my heart i prefer female doctor...

headache really....
so today you did not do the scan right? So was I:(

Hi Damahome, u just went to see her? OMG.. then how? I am also at a lost:(:(
i have shortlisted 3 : Dr Loke Kah Leong, Dr Clifton Chan and Dr Heng Tung lan. But i m soo indecisive still :'(
stress to find gynae.

First 2 doctors can deliver at Mt A, but i think the Dr Heng cannot.

But deep my heart i prefer female doctor...

headache really....
so today you did not do the scan right? So was I:(
Haiz... no mood now... think another day...

Haiz... no mood now... think another day...
Cheer up pls.
I sort of decided to go to Dr Heng from parkway east medical centre.
Just called n booked.
She seems vy popular nurse said to book appointment needs to be 2-3wks earlier.
Gynae package start wk 12,ard $800.1st june will increased to $1k.
Her delivery cost is $1.8k.
Is this ur first pregnancy like myself?
Are u staying east?

Cheer up pls.
I sort of decided to go to Dr Heng from parkway east medical centre.
Just called n booked.
She seems vy popular nurse said to book appointment needs to be 2-3wks earlier.
Gynae package start wk 12,ard $800.1st june will increased to $1k.
Her delivery cost is $1.8k.
Is this ur first pregnancy like myself?
Are u staying east?
Ya i stay in the east. First time mum too. But I prefer Mt A, though Ben Tham is from TMC. Probably tomoro then research more...

Yup I also tot week 14 then is trimester two?
Anyway, we are 1/3 there... :))
Haha i found this online

So is from week 13 onwards ✌️

"Pregnancy is measured in trimesters from the first day of your last menstrual period, totaling 40 weeks. The first trimester of pregnancy is week 1 through week 12, or about 3 months. The second trimester is week 13 to week 27. And the third trimester of pregnancy spans from week 28 to the birth."

Hello mummies!

I'm finally in week 12 and did oscar this week. Just rec phone call from clinic that baby is low risk DS.
I am still having nausea and bloatedness. Had fever and sore throat over cny also. Had to take medicine which I really dreaded.

Anybody heard reviews about TMC confinement herbal package?

Haha i found this online

So is from week 13 onwards ✌️

"Pregnancy is measured in trimesters from the first day of your last menstrual period, totaling 40 weeks. The first trimester of pregnancy is week 1 through week 12, or about 3 months. The second trimester is week 13 to week 27. And the third trimester of pregnancy spans from week 28 to the birth."

Yeah then I'm in T2 too!

Ya i stay in the east. First time mum too. But I prefer Mt A, though Ben Tham is from TMC. Probably tomoro then research more...
So we both are caught at same dilemma now..share with me if u able to get a good gynae who can deliver at Mt A ya. Will share mine if i got.
Have u ever consider dr loke kah leong (mt A) and dr heng(parkway)?

Hi all, nice to be in this Sep mums' group. This is my first child & so super excited too. My EDD is 20 Sep. Just did NT scan & found out baby is fine. I also did OSCAR test & am waiting for results tomorrow.

Hi, what is the difference between NT scan and oscar? Care to elaborate further cos I am going for oscar next week. And what goes NT measures? Sorry, first time mum, pretty inexperienced.

If I'm not wrong, the oscar includes a blood test and the NT scan.

Having my no. 4, but did the triple test (blood test only) for no. 1 to 3. Going for oscar 2 in weeks :)

http://www.thomsonmedical.com/thomson-diagnostic-imaging-centre/

What does OSCAR involve?

1. Ultrasound measurement of Nuchal Translucency (NT) at 11-13 weeks + 6 days gestation of the fetus.
2. A sample of the mother’s blood is analysed for levels of free beta hCG and PAPP-A (Pregnancy associated plasma Protein A).
Studies have shown that Down Syndrome is associated with
• Increased maternal age
• Increased fetal nuchal translucency thickness (NT)
• Increased maternal serum free beta-HCG and
• Decreased pregnancy-associated plasma protein A (PAPP-A) concentration

The detection rate of Trisomy 21 by this method would be about 90%, for a false positive rate of 5%. This is superior to the 65% by maternal age and second trimester serum biochemistry; and 80% detection rate by NT and maternal age in the first trimester.

Im with Dr Heng Tung Lan too. 4th time with her. Very experienced doctor, very confident in her abilities and I feel very comfortable with her :)
For all 3, I found out baby's gender by 14-16 weeks and she was 100% accurate!

Hi, what is the difference between NT scan and oscar? Care to elaborate further cos I am going for oscar next week. And what goes NT measures? Sorry, first time mum, pretty inexperienced.

Pls check out this link for details. I did mine in NUH & saw the baby moving up & down, side to side during abdominal scan. Scan can take a while depending on baby's position at time in order to have good visuality of the space. Sonographer can immediately advise you whether baby is having high or low risk after measuring the thickness of fluid at the back of the neck. It is only 80% accurate though. With the serum/blood test, the accuracy is increased to 90%.

http://www.nuhgynae.com.sg/wbn/slot... for chromosomal abnormalities (Jan 2014).pdf

my gynae showed me the 3 types of scans available, Oscar, harmony and panaroma. Panaroma most expensive. harmony at $800 if i din recall wrongly. anyway i picked the cheapest la.

i did the NT scan this week which measures the neck thickness. OSCAR & blood test will be done 3 weeks later....

I so wish to go back 2 weeks later instead of 3 weeks later...3 weeks is like so long...

my gynae showed me the 3 types of scans available, Oscar, harmony and panaroma. Panaroma most expensive. harmony at $800 if i din recall wrongly. anyway i picked the cheapest la.

i did the NT scan this week which measures the neck thickness. OSCAR & blood test will be done 3 weeks later....

I so wish to go back 2 weeks later instead of 3 weeks later...3 weeks is like so long...

Hmm i thought for oscar test, its blood test first then 2-3 weeks later the NT scan.. How come yous its the opp...

So we both are caught at same dilemma now..share with me if u able to get a good gynae who can deliver at Mt A ya. Will share mine if i got.
Have u ever consider dr loke kah leong (mt A) and dr heng(parkway)?
I never consider them. Think I'll go back to Ben Tham.

Im with Dr Heng Tung Lan too. 4th time with her. Very experienced doctor, very confident in her abilities and I feel very comfortable with her :)
For all 3, I found out baby's gender by 14-16 weeks and she was 100% accurate!

hihi
im with dr heng too. my sis also tell me dr heng can tell gender at 3mth+ and she very accurate. im going to see her this coming sat. at wk 14 now. she say she might be able to tell me the gender.. so excited!!

hihi
im with dr heng too. my sis also tell me dr heng can tell gender at 3mth+ and she very accurate. im going to see her this coming sat. at wk 14 now. she say she might be able to tell me the gender.. so excited!!
Any idea if deliver at Parkway and using 1 bedded how much the estimated bill size would be?
Says normal delivery.thanks

Any idea if deliver at Parkway and using 1 bedded how much the estimated bill size would be?
Says normal delivery.thanks

my sis delivered last yr july. she opt for single bed, natural with epi. dr heng tl too.. her bill is 6k+ after medisave, she fork out 4k+ hope this help

Hello everyone! I'm super excited to join you all! I'm a first time mummy :eek: EDD on 29 Sep 2015. Been suffering from nausea/ vomiting which makes me sad cause I used to love food so much! and now I can only eat smaller portion :confused: please guide me along!

my sis delivered last yr july. she opt for single bed, natural with epi. dr heng tl too.. her bill is 6k+ after medisave, she fork out 4k+ hope this help
Thanks for the info:)
Any clue says if there is complication and hv to go for c sect ,do we hv to pay double(normal delivery + c sect)?
Or just pay the difference?

Thank u:)

I'm 12w and still having nausea. Constipation hitting me hard too. Had to take mild laxative... Anybody having same problem and how do you overcome it? I try to eat more fruits and vegs but eating is still a chore. Always have the yucky after taste in my mouth after eating...

I'm 12w and still having nausea. Constipation hitting me hard too. Had to take mild laxative... Anybody having same problem and how do you overcome it? I try to eat more fruits and vegs but eating is still a chore. Always have the yucky after taste in my mouth after eating...
Try taking half a cup of prune juice daily n see how it goes. It helps me with my bowel.

I drink Anmum twice a day. I think it really helps alot.

Mi too!! I haven't been to the loo for the past 5 days!! And I dun even have the urge to go... Sianz...

Hello mummies.... Happy to read and learn from everyone... This is my 2nd preg, edd 24 sep... So coming 12 weeks soon... Bad appetite and nausea... It will be over soon for all of us!! please add me to the facebook too.. [email protected]

Try honey mixed with lukewarm water.
I bought yuja cha (Korean citron tea).

If you can endure the temp, try to drink as hot as possible. It works great for me. I have the urge after 2 hrs.

Back