(2015/04) April 2015 Jubilee Babies

hi babes sorry I'm quite noob I dunno how to add non friend into the group and if your profile is private and I can't add you as friend, I dunno how to add you into the group. so pls try to find me and add me on fb k?

Hihi. Just to check. Usually by when do mums break into their maternity clothes? My tummy is showing at 1; weeks and some of my dresses can't fit me now.

Hi all, my wife is pregnant with our 3rd child. She is not very good with forums so I have to hang around here on her behalf.
Her EDD is 22 Apr. We have done the harmony test at 10 weeks and we are expecting a boy! My first 2 kids are girls :)
If you all dun mind, can add me into the fb group? [email protected]... Thanks!

Thinking of going for hair herbal treatment...since my hair colour is really off now ... Anyone done it?

Hihi. Just to check. Usually by when do mums break into their maternity clothes? My tummy is showing at 1; weeks and some of my dresses can't fit me now.

Monochrome, that's normal because uterus size has doubled and placenta and animotic fluid is taking up space in your tummy. Baby is about the size of a lemon. I have already started wearing loose dresses that have a slight flare to hide the baby bump.

Hi all!

I'm new here (first time mum as well) and my edd's in mid April. Been holding out joining forums because I've got gfs who had warned me about forums. However, all of you seem so nice here so I've decided to join you April mummies :)

Hello eniamrehc, im also first time mum.. how r u feeling? I just threw out last night.. it seems my morning sickness isn't completely gone..

Hi pillowbao,

I'm 13ish weeks now and my morning sickness seems to be getting worse. It started weeks ago with mild nausea whenever I'm hungry, and would go away once I ate. Now, I feel nauseated when I'm hungry, and suffer from indigestion when I do eat, and then I regurgitate.

I'm hoping all these will go away once we're in our second trimester. Everyone's going, 'you're pregnant!? Enjoy your pregnancy!'

So not glowing or enjoying anything right now. Meh.

Hi windyrain,

My gfs were telling me how, erm, vicious and negative some mummies can be. Heh. I guess perhaps they got responses they didn't wanna see? Didn't ask too much cuz I'm kinda sick of all sorts of advice I've been getting from everyone I meet.. Gets a little naggy. So I just smile, look like I'm listening (if it's not something I particularly want to hear) and daydream.

Honestly speaking.. this is my #2 pregnancy. I join forum for my #1.. yes there are negative stuff going around but we have lot of mummies giving support n encouragement to all so that we can go thru this stage together. And i learn alot from my #1 group. Its didnt stop here .. we are still friends n in contact after birth n my girl is already going 16 months. U can choose what u want to listen to, if u ask something u will tend to get all kinds of advise n feedback. Its up to u to believe , listen or take in the advice. :) we are all here to learn from 1 another.

Yup, I agree with you. I'm the only one pregnant amongst my gfs now, so it kinda helps to have some sort of support from fellow pregnant mums!

Another reason why I held out joining forums was also because of the 1st trimester thingie. Didn't wanna get myself too excited cuz I was spotting a little at the beginning.

Yup, I agree with you. I'm the only one pregnant amongst my gfs now, so it kinda helps to have some sort of support from fellow pregnant mums!

Another reason why I held out joining forums was also because of the 1st trimester thingie. Didn't wanna get myself too excited cuz I was spotting a little at the beginning.

babe I was spotting too and went to the a&e thrice cos of that and found out its cos of low placenta but my bb is perfectly healthy! so stay positive and just be a happy mummy :))

Thanks for the support! :) it was scary though, since I'm first time preggers and didn't know it was kinda common.

I'm trying to be as happy and as positive as I can on top of all the crappy morning sickness I'm experiencing!

Hi yirongwonders, hope you are feeling better...how many weeks preg did u find out it is low placenta? will gynae able to check before spotting happens?

gynae said low placenta is also quite common for t1 so not a concern until spotting occurs.. even so, he said will move up eventually in most cases as the uterus expands :) I'm also having #1 so every time spotting occurs ill rush to hospital.. 4x in t1 already.. now spotting already stopped at 15 weeks and I'm going back to work next Monday (on and off I was on hospitalisation for about 4 weeks due to spotting)

Hi pillowbao,

I'm 13ish weeks now and my morning sickness seems to be getting worse. It started weeks ago with mild nausea whenever I'm hungry, and would go away once I ate. Now, I feel nauseated when I'm hungry, and suffer from indigestion when I do eat, and then I regurgitate.

I'm hoping all these will go away once we're in our second trimester. Everyone's going, 'you're pregnant!? Enjoy your pregnancy!'

So not glowing or enjoying anything right now. Meh.
No worries, I am experiencing what you are going through from week 6. Now my MS is getting better, didn't puke that much now, but nausea still there be it hungry or after I ate... so now try to have smaller frequent meals. I try to have little snack with me just in case I feel hungry suddenly. I also take preserved orange peel to curb my MS and is pretty effective. But don't take often as being preserved item is not good if take too much of it.

No worries, I am experiencing what you are going through from week 6. Now my MS is getting better, didn't puke that much now, but nausea still there be it hungry or after I ate... so now try to have smaller frequent meals. I try to have little snack with me just in case I feel hungry suddenly. I also take preserved orange peel to curb my MS and is pretty effective. But don't take often as being preserved item is not good if take too much of it.

Let's hope our morning sickness will be gone soon so we'll be able to thoroughly enjoy our pregnancy! That and so that I'll be able to continue with my exercise regime and yoga sessions!

Hi mummies! Have you girls started finding confinement nanny alrdy for those who intend to? I started callin a few but all booked. And one quoted me $2700. I find it abit ex.

Trying to find one cl and a lot are booked:(... The price was $2600 and was surprised.. Tot it is in the range of $2100-$2500. Think better start a face to face interview this weekend...

Hi all, first time mum here, and considered high risk coz I'm 40 this year! :) MS started from Wk 6 for me, until now... at Wk 13, I'm still feeling pukey and sensitive to food smells, but getting better, I think...

Did my Oscar+bloodtest at SGH early last week, and everything seems to be ok! Phew~ The gynae said that the results can be out in 1 day. Ultrascan + blood test results, they will plot the chart to get the percentage of baby getting DS. So if the hospital doesn't call me by the end of the next day, it means, everything is fine. Then for my next visit (1 mth later), they can review the test results with me. Strange arrangement, but results are fast.

I feel that my tummy has been very prominent since wk 8 or so. I don't think it can be 'hidden' at wk 13 anymore! haha...

Btw, my gf recommended Anmum in chocolate flavour. It dissolves easily and taste wise isn't too bad. I started drinking it once a day since wk 12. Since I puke quite a bit, I felt that at least Anmum can provide the baby with some nutrients.

For CL, i booked mine 2 days ago. 2.5k Msian. Had to pay $300 deposit to 'secure' her. Recommended by friends. Another CL quoted me 2.6k. So I guess, that's the average confinement charge these days. 2.4k - 2.6k. I have some contacts for CL recommended by friends. Anyone interested, can PM me, I can pass u the contact. Not sure if they're still available or not though, coz I only called 2 before I confirmed.

Hi mummies,

I was just wondering, veering off a little on a tangent, have you started buying baby thingies like clothes, cot, and whatnots? I'm trying so hard to resist the temptation to buy all those cute little onesies and mittens, and prepping the nursery.

Experienced mummies, any advice on when would be a good time (do I reeeaaallly have to wait till I'm in the 3rd trimester!?) to start stocking up?

hi all! First time mummy here too... am gonna be 16 weeks tomorrow! seems like each time i go for a scan, my edd gets brought forward. Have done oscar and subsequently went for harmony cuz oscar scan results weren't too positive... but thankfully all is well!

Thinking of getting started on prenatal yoga.. anyone has any recommendations on where to go?
and pls add me in fb! [email protected]. Thanks!

Hi mummies,

I was just wondering, veering off a little on a tangent, have you started buying baby thingies like clothes, cot, and whatnots? I'm trying so hard to resist the temptation to buy all those cute little onesies and mittens, and prepping the nursery.

Experienced mummies, any advice on when would be a good time (do I reeeaaallly have to wait till I'm in the 3rd trimester!?) to start stocking up?
U can wait till after 20 weeks detailed scan b4 buying things.. its too early now esp i dunno the gender.

Finally after calling up more than 8 CL i finally secured one. Quoted me $2600. Im really very amazed by kiasu mummies all booking so early. Lucky i started asking ard n realised the trend now is once positive will book CL.

My #1 3 years ago i only started looking for CL when im 6mths preggy. And was only $1700. Dunno why my salary nv increase so fast like CL.

U can wait till after 20 weeks detailed scan b4 buying things.. its too early now esp i dunno the gender.

Oh ya, totally forgot about that in my excitement!

By the way, is it necessary to get a confinement lady? What do they do? I don't quite believe in old wives' tales and customs, and I plan to be hands on with my baby, hopefully.

Any mummies out there managed to survive without a confinement lady?

Getting a confinement nanny is not about hands on. U will get more than enough of hands on after confinement. Mummies after birth needs lots of rest n slp. With someone to do confinement for u she can cook n look after both u n e bb.

Will cl restrict you on showering, wash hair, aircon, etc? I know I am the paymaster but still not sure if they will insist that it is bad for you...

Will cl restrict you on showering, wash hair, aircon, etc? I know I am the paymaster but still not sure if they will insist that it is bad for you...
Really depend on ur CL. Some CL just let u do wat u want but will still advice u. Some CL i think might nag. But there is no restriction on showering i guess. For me my CL just need to cook for me and look after my baby for that 1 mth. So tat i get alot of rest and ready to fight e battle after she is gone. Haha.

I did not engage CL for my #1, my ML will do the washing and cooking. I took care of the baby and since am breastfeeding, can't get much rest too. Hubby will also help during the period. For this #2, not sure want to engage CL or not.

Anyone knows is there such concept as in confinment hospital in SG? I know in countries like Taiwan they have such centres.

I am looking for CL as well, MIL recently told me she cant help me with confinement.. i called more than 8 and are all fully booked:( Didnt know i have to book once I know I am pregnant. Currently going to 14 wks. Still urgently looking for CL.

I called the cl agency. Surprisingly, their rate is lower than free lance. At least, agency wun last min Tua customers ba??

Back