(2015/03) March 2015 mummies

Thanks for the link, it's very useful for first time mum. Not too sure if my 20weeks scan is the detailed scan. Apparently, the nurse who called me told me OSCAR tested low risk, but as the doc thinks the neck is abit thick, i need to go for an xray, which they will ask TMC to refund me part of the payment made.

hi @yvonneOXT, hmm.. is it safe to go for xray?

I have no idea. Is it not safe to go through xray due to the radiation? I'm going my next appointment in end September before the 5th month scan. Probably need to ask doc what is it exactly about.
Usually x-ray is not recommended for pregnant ladies coz baby is very vulnerable.

Hmm.. unless it's detailed scan as what @darbi mentioned. Will need to check with doc since I'm going another appointment before the 5th month scan

i dun think can do x-ray leh... cos doctor also banned me from taking x-ray. I supposed since OSCAR NT scan is about measurements on the fluid behind the neck so they want to confirm, as the neck seems to be on the thick side.

OSCAR gives a measurement of probability... if the probability is lower than 1:300 is considered low risk... something like that...

This article has pretty clear explanation on the scan: http://www.babycentre.co.uk/a544491/nuchal-translucency-nt-scan

I also dun think it's x-ray. Even if u go dentist and require x-ray, they normally ask if u are pregnant. They won't extract wisdom tooth or do x-ray if u say u are pregnant. Similarly, if really need x-ray during pregnancy for really serious conditions, they will let the patient use a lead apron to cover the tummy. I have rarely heard of pregnant ladies told to go thru x-ray.

I heard some good reviews about clarins as well. GLY GEL also not bad le. but yet to try. I am still looking around
I used clarins stretch mark control and tonic treatment oil for my #1. used from when I found out I was preggy till the day I delivered. so far no stretch marks at all...now also using for #2

Hi @Mifia, have you received my Fb email invite? sorry, I missed out your msg. Just sent the Fb email invite to you.What does FTM stand for?

No prob! ;) I am sorry I just saw ur msg here. I request to join already. Waiting for approval. Thanks

Oh.. FTM = first time mom.. Kekeke

Sorry just log in and saw your msg :)
Its my first time here, I also dunno what is there for.

Your OSCAR got tells u the exact result? Mine don't have wor. The clinic nurse just called me and told me that mine is low risk.
Lol.. Same like u, was too happy to learned that my result is low risk.. Forgot to ask the ratio. Call back after that to ask.. Lol

They will give u the result after u visit them again. Anyway, I took my harmony test after all.. So I will know the gender and result in 3 weeks time... Wish me luck! :)

Hi I'm new here.
Would like to join the fb group?
My edd 20 march 2015
Hospital sgh
Kindly advise!

Thanks!

Yo.. one of the very few SGH moms I've met! Anyway, if you'd like to join the FB group, please reply here or PM @twinklelight the following details :D:

1. SMH nick
2. FB name n email address
3. Baby no & EDD
4. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver
5. Where u stay in SG

Question time again... Lol

Will u guys store the cord blood for ur kid after birth? I am considering... Wonder how many mom here will do that?

I understand very little abt cord blood banking. Intending to find out more first.
Ya.. It seem like not many doing that... When I told my siblings, they said : aiya, no need la.... Last time technology not so advance, we also grown up strong like cow! Ok which is quite true.... Lol..

It seem like nowadays kids are more pamper and get sick easily?

Hi hi, I am 2nd time mommy. Currently preggy at 15 weeks, EDD at 26th Feb. Can I join the FB group too?

hi @dananeo, congrats to your second pregnancy! Our Fb mummies group is currently open to March mummies only.. you can join the Feb 2015 SMH posting thread under Year 2015 Mums category.

Hihi! @twinklelight, could you please add me in fb thanks!

1. SMH nick - corry11
2. FB name n email address - Corlissa Ng, [email protected]
3. Baby no & EDD - baby no. 2, 16 March 2015
4. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver - Dr Lawrence ang, Mt. A likely
5. Where u stay in SG

Hi, I would like to join the FB group? Thanks!

1. SMH nick: genmaicha
2. FB name n email address: Raine Chong ([email protected])
3. Baby no & EDD: No. 2, 16 Mar 2015
4. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver: Dr. Lim May Li, Mount Alvernia
5. Where u stay in SG: West

How much is the market rate for confinement lady?
How it works actually? Its my first time to be mommy :)

I'm also first time mum :p but what i understand is that CL will help to take care of your baby and make confinement food for you, so that you can have some proper rest during confinement.

Market rate seems to be quite wide... from 2k+ to 3k+ for 28 days.... also need to give angbaos at the before and after.

some of us with EDD in early March have problem looking for CL cos many of them are worried that we may deliver early during CNY period, and most CL don't work during CNY.

** For new SHM members who would like to be added to our FB group, pls provide the following details to admin (jayc, myself or yellow37) before we send you invite:

1. SMH nick
3. Age
4. Baby no & EDD (which will be due in Mar 2015)
5. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver
6. Where u stay in SG (north, south, east or west)

You can either post your details here or PM us with your details. The Fb group's permission setting is secret, so you are unable to find our Fb group from the search field in Facebook website. Thanks.

Hello to all Marvelous mummies... I'm new to this forum. Juz managed to catch up & scanned thru all the conversations logs. Nice meeting everyone of you. My Edd is 12 march, FTM, can't wait for my next gynae visit. Hopefully will be able to know bb gender by then

Hi! My EDD is on 12th March too! and I am new here too!
I am at my 14 weeks now, looking for prenatal yoga. any reccomandations?
Maybe we can go lessons together! ^^

Hello to all Marvelous mummies... I'm new to this forum. Juz managed to catch up & scanned thru all the conversations logs. Nice meeting everyone of you. My Edd is 12 march, FTM, can't wait for my next gynae visit. Hopefully will be able to know bb gender by then

My next visit to gynae is on Monday, also hope to find out the gender~ hee hee :)

Hello everyone

Nice to see there a number of March Mummies here :)

1. SMH nick: LadySparkles
2. FB name n email address: Rosalind Ng ([email protected])
3. Baby no & EDD: No.1, 12 Mar 2015
4. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver: Dr Benjamin
5. Where u stay in SG: Ghim Moh

Kindly please add me in the fb group please.

Am also looking at prenatal yoga classes as well, would be happy if any Mum-to-be have any reccomendations.

Hello everyone

Nice to see there a number of March Mummies here :)

1. SMH nick: LadySparkles
2. FB name n email address: Rosalind Ng ([email protected])
3. Baby no & EDD: No.1, 12 Mar 2015
4. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver: Dr Benjamin
5. Where u stay in SG: Ghim Moh

Kindly please add me in the fb group please.

Am also looking at prenatal yoga classes as well, would be happy if any Mum-to-be have any reccomendations.

Hi Lady Sparkle!
we have the same EDD!

Do we have any FB group?

Hi Lady Sparkle!
we have the same EDD!

Do we have any FB group?

Hi @jesire, please provide your details by sending PM to me or post in this thread:

1. SMH nick
3. Age
4. Baby no & EDD (which will be due in Mar 2015)
5. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver
6. Where u stay in SG (north, south, east or west)

The Fb group's permission setting is secret, so you are unable to find our Fb group from the search field in Facebook website. Thanks.

1. SMH nick : Jesire
2. FB name n email address: Jesslyn Ang, [email protected]
3. Age: 26
4. Baby no & EDD (which will be due in Mar 2015): First , 12 Mar 2015
5. Name of gyn & Hosp to deliver: Dr Irene Chua, Yet to decide hospital
6. Where u stay in SG (north, south, east or west): East

Thanks twinklelight! ^^

Please add me to FB group. Thanks.

1. SMH nick: Princessapple
2. FB name n email address: AikMei Loh (winterrsweet@hotmail.com)
3. Baby no & EDD: No.2, 2 Mar 2015
4. Name of Gynae & Hosp to deliver: Dr Paul Tseng, TMC
5. Where u stay in SG: Sengkang

Hello everyone! Nice to be back in this forum after 5 years. I am currently expecting no. 3.

Thanks for setting up fb gp but as I seldom login to fb I will have a past to the gp.

Have anyone tried finding post natal massage yet? The lady that I engaged for previous births have changed her no. :(

How do you deal with siblings rivalry? Mine second gal seem edgy these days.

By the way my edd is 10 Mar. Staying in Cantonment. Which hospital to you ladies prefer Mt Alvernia or Thomson? I had no.1 at Mt A and no. 2 @thomson. I am now in dilemma. My no 2 had to be at Thomson due to H1N1 outbreak which stop the movement of doctors between hospital.

Back