(2015/02) Feb 2015 mummies

Hi All...

I'm first time come to this website and get to know u all feel so happy & all is next yr bb too..:)
I Just tested on 13Jun is Positive... Im so happy...
I go see normal Gp he said i already 4wk lo.. =) now need to find Gynac...

I stay in cck now keep on find Gynac... really headache dun know which too choose... can anyone help me?

CCK gt a gynae called Dr Adrian woodorth review is good.. do u all heard or experience before?

How abt this few Dr?
Dr Lawrence Ang
Dr Judy Wong Pui Ling
Dr Tham
Dr John Tee(kk)

Last edited:
@GetawayJunkie , I hav stopped all exercises. Just went to gynae today as I was having cramps n light spotting, n she has given me 3 days of mc. Ask me to stop hsewrk, basically do nothing. But quite impossible. I just try my best to minimize exertion.

I was using clarins tonic oil before. No stretch mark. Dunno if it's the oil or genes ;p

@caramelle , I must salute to u. 4 kids can b quite a handful. I will b contented with 2. Dun think got the energy n patience to manage 4.... Hahaha....
Have u tested? Good news? All the best!

Hi. This is my first post. :) i was tested positive at a GP ytd. Went to a private gynae to confirm today. Expected Edd: 9 feb. This is my 1st.

Anyone having backaches and cramps? It's keeping me and my poor hubby up the whole night.

Can add me in the fb page also? My email is [email protected]

Hi everyone, I tested positive and will be seeing my OB in July. This will be my number 2. Looking forward to bonding with all mummies to be here!

Please add me to the Facebook group. My email is [email protected]

Cheers!

Hi mummies, have you all start to have morning sickness? My 2 previous pregnancy usually already started by 5 weeks, but this pregnancy is different. just bloated stomach and nausea. No vomiting...yet :)

@yoga_babe, then you better rest. Nowadays I am so tired I cannot go for more than 1 class per week.... that one class is enough to make me sleep the entire night. I'll probably try the Clarins Stretch Mark Cream, gonna get my hubby to buy it at duty free when he returns from his worktrip tomorrow.

@Janis Tan, welcome to the club! It's your first child yeah? You can do a search on the forum and there are several review threads on the doctors you mentioned (there are reviews of these doctors on other forums as well). Generally, based on what I've read, Dr Adrian Woodworth and Dr Lawrence Ang are chop chop doctors, which means consultation is short, though I am sure equally thorough. Personally I prefer doctors who take their time to listen and answer questions and reassure patients, so both of them are not "my type". I'll be seeing Dr Tham next Tuesday 24/6 - my first appt! If you are interested in seeing Dr Tham, good to book early, I had to wait approx 2 weeks for my first appt.

@Shy25, no MS yet! Only stomach discomfort and frequent peeing.... I don't mind if MS doesn't set in! *cross my fingers*

@GetawayJunkie , Thank You...Yeah is my first child..We all so happy..=)
I know that Dr Adrian Woodworth and Dr Lawrence Ang are chop chop doctors but their package seem be cheaper rite?
Dr Adrian Woodworth is near my place at cck.
How abt DR THAM package like? i heard he good too...

Can i ask u all the mummies on fb will set in private chat group rite? mean other friend on fb will not see it?
Becasue dun want to let people know we pregant yeah need to wait till 3mth then said. lo...respect the eldery people :)

@Janis Tan, from what I read, their packages seem quite reasonable, but then again, I wouldn't sacrifice my perception of quality of care for costs lah. Since it's my first baby, I want a doctor who can reassure me, lets me ask "stupid questions" without rolling his eyes etc. But that's just me lah. Dr Tham package is not expensive too, but I cannot remember how much, I will find out again next week. If costs is a concern, maybe you can try to get polyclinic referral to KKH or NUH? I read very good reviews for some doctors in this hospitals as well. :)

@Shy25, my EDD is actually in late Jan, I think. But then because my period was very irregular and my menstrual cycle is very long, I am not sure if late Jan is actually accurate.... gonna wait to see Dr Tham to confirm...

Hi all,

I just tested on Sunday and it's +ve plus 3 Weeks + pregnant....went to see Dr. Phua Soo Mear at Kovan and he sounds worried for me...cause he mentioned I should be at 5 weeks pregnant but how come baby doesn't seem to grow at the 5th weeks size T__T Moreover, I told Doc that I have spotting (light brown, pink and red) sometimes which he then told me some facts about how many women will get miscarriage, so it's normal etc. He gave me folic acid and progesterone(to support the pregnancy) and asked me to come back in two weeks time to check again.

Well, since this is my first gynae visit, i'm just curious is that Doc usually just ask when is your last menstruation cycle to determine your EDD? Cause when I tested using ClearBlue, its stated 3 weeks plus but Doc said I should be at 5th week...phewwwww *confused*

And now...I'm worried...cause the spotting doesn't stop...anyone here can advise?

Hi all,

I just tested on Sunday and it's +ve plus 3 Weeks + pregnant....went to see Dr. Phua Soo Mear at Kovan and he sounds worried for me...cause he mentioned I should be at 5 weeks pregnant but how come baby doesn't seem to grow at the 5th weeks size T__T Moreover, I told Doc that I have spotting (light brown, pink and red) sometimes which he then told me some facts about how many women will get miscarriage, so it's normal etc. He gave me folic acid and progesterone(to support the pregnancy) and asked me to come back in two weeks time to check again.

Well, since this is my first gynae visit, i'm just curious is that Doc usually just ask when is your last menstruation cycle to determine your EDD? Cause when I tested using ClearBlue, its stated 3 weeks plus but Doc said I should be at 5th week...phewwwww *confused*

And now...I'm worried...cause the spotting doesn't stop...anyone here can advise?
Clear blue digital counts from conception day..so u have to count from ur first day of menses... :)

Santhiya

Hi everyone, I just tested positive 2 days ago. Went for my first gynae visit yesterday. I chose Dr Tan Poh Kok at Serangoon Nex. Wanted Dr Benjamin Tham but he seems more expensive. Budget constraints for me and my hubby so we both feeling excited yet stressed. :) This is our first child.
He gave me folic acid and utrogestan which he said would help support the pregnancy. Did some research and utrogestan seems to be good for pregnancy. What's the name of the fb group? I will go and join group. ^_^

Hi mummies/mummies to be.. I suppose I'm one of the few or only daddy here. Anyway my wife just tested positive 2days back and the GP advised us to start looking for a gyne. We are looking for a reliable one in the north east area. Any recommendation??

Emylli3 I will like to seek your advise for Dr Tan Poh Koh at NEX.. How is he and his package like?

Thank you all so much in advance:)

Ps: this is our 1st:)

@niuniu320 , how heavy is your spotting?
I was spotting for abt 1 week plus and it stopped for a week.
started to have cramps and spotting again on tue, quickly went to my gynae n she gave me utrogestan to take twice daily.
still spotting on n off, tea colored.
dun stress urself by worrying too much, not good for the pregnancy
try not to exert yourself n stay optimistic.
n bed rest as much as u can for now

@sunesis, will pray for u that all will be fine

@Tenderfresh , congrats to u n wifey. think u r the only daddy here.....hahahaha
with regards to tea, i posed the question to my gynae n she says 1 cup a day is fine (im talking abt caffeine)
so i guess if u r gng for decaf, all the more no problem.
but of cos if wanna be safe, just stay off tea n coffee altogether

Hello mummies,
Wondering if we are suppose to start taking prenatal vitamins now?
I went for 1st checkup and the doc only prescribed folic only.
Any brands to recommend for buying over counter? Thanks.

Hi Alexandra, my doc prescribed only folic too. I'm taking annum materna daily..

Mummies here, any other prenatal vitamins we should take?

@GetawayJunkie , Thank You...Yeah is my first child..We all so happy..=)
I know that Dr Adrian Woodworth and Dr Lawrence Ang are chop chop doctors but their package seem be cheaper rite?
Dr Adrian Woodworth is near my place at cck.
How abt DR THAM package like? i heard he good too...

Can i ask u all the mummies on fb will set in private chat group rite? mean other friend on fb will not see it?
Becasue dun want to let people know we pregant yeah need to wait till 3mth then said. lo...respect the eldery people :)
Hi everyone, I just tested positive 2 days ago. Went for my first gynae visit yesterday. I chose Dr Tan Poh Kok at Serangoon Nex. Wanted Dr Benjamin Tham but he seems more expensive. Budget constraints for me and my hubby so we both feeling excited yet stressed. :) This is our first child.
He gave me folic acid and utrogestan which he said would help support the pregnancy. Did some research and utrogestan seems to be good for pregnancy. What's the name of the fb group? I will go and join group. ^_^

Hi congrats on ur pregnancy. I'm from nov 2014 thread.

I'm with Dr Tham. His package starts from 12weeks, $650 before gst. Includes, consultation scan urine test bp. Multivits - obimin 100pcs $20 before gst, fish oils all need to pay separately.

He will spent ample time with every patient. I like him cause he is funny and assuring.

I have previous losses so it's impt to give me reassurance. Nv regret following him.

I don't find him ex. Compare his package and delivery fee with drs like Paul tsueng, his price is low. Compare to dr Ang and Adrian, his package also not ex, slightly more ex but it's worth.

Waiting time for dr Tham with appt is like 30mins. The longest I waited is about an hour cuz he had to go delivery. Other then that not long de. Where else dr Ang and Adrian, the waiting time is horrendous even with appt. I'm with dr Ang for my 1st preg and with appt I waited 2 hrs for just a consultation & scan that ended within 5mins. I later lost my bb and went in for post natal checkup and he still take out the package and wanna discuss the delivery fee with me. I'm so shock. Cuz he had too many patients. Where else dr Tham won't have this kind situation lo.. He write everything in our piles of notes. I'm not sure why dr Ang nv but it's definitely not a good experience.

No offense but I really don't have good experience with dr Ang.

No pro with dr Tham, just recently I had to go down to see him last min as I have some discharge. It's wed and he only work half day only but when he heard that it's me, he stayed back and waited for me to come down and check for me. He can pass it to another associate doctor but he nv cuz of my situation, he decide it's better for him to heal on his own. His day should end at 2pm but when everything ended it's already 3.30pm le..

So with this I even know that I'm in good hands cuz I know I have chosen a very responsible and assuring Gyane.

Note: his weekdays wait is short but I think sat the wait can be longer then usual. I went once, no choice as my Oscan falls on sat. The patients there waiting is really long Q. But I no need to wait long before my turn. Cause my appt is suppose to be in the morning for Oscar so when I came back for Oscar very soon my turn le..

Not sure about normal sat wait tho...

Hi All...

I'm first time come to this website and get to know u all feel so happy & all is next yr bb too..:)
I Just tested on 13Jun is Positive... Im so happy...
I go see normal Gp he said i already 4wk lo.. =) now need to find Gynac...

I stay in cck now keep on find Gynac... really headache dun know which too choose... can anyone help me?

CCK gt a gynae called Dr Adrian woodorth review is good.. do u all heard or experience before?

How abt this few Dr?
Dr Lawrence Ang
Dr Judy Wong Pui Ling
Dr Tham
Dr John Tee(kk)

Hi! Congrats on ur pregnancy!

I'm also preggy with my 1st n tested positive on 7 June n again at GP on 8 June. N was told i was 6 weeks preggy. Got referral letter from polyclinic n went to kkh 2 days ago for my 1st scan.. since its just normal scanning n tests for the first trimester hence we decided to.opt for subsidies rate. The waiting time wasn't long at all. Took me abt 20 mins at most to see doc, scan n get medicines. But surprisingly i was told im 6 wèeks preggy after e scan which after calculating it should be abt 8 weeks. Nonetheless, A very pleasant experience at kkh.

I'm also looking at Dr John Tee from kkh when I'm abt 20 weeks preggy. My friend 2 kids were delivered by him and was full praise of him..He's holding quite a high post in kkh n I would expect a higher rate than other gyne. But if he's good n u n bb are in safe hands I guess it'll be good to pay that extra. ^_^

Btw, I saw this pregnancy calculator on Dr Benjamin Tham's page and thought to share with you guys
http://drbenjamintham.com/calculator.html

Thanks for sharing this useful calculator!

usfj2dV.gif

Hi Sharon Tan,

Congrats to u too... =)
Im know that Dr John tee is good heard frm frz too.. but i lazy to go so far lo.. =)
I think maybe i will find gynae near my area if the cost n package nt too ex still ok for me... =)

My frz told me when u pregnant very lazy to travel far also..

Hello mummies! Just tested +very n hubby brought me to gynae yest to scan, about 5-6 weeks now. EDD ard mid feb b4 CNY :) I'm a first time mummy!

Hi Mothers to Be,

Many Congrats to all of you. I'm also a first time Mom and tested positive the first time 2 weeks ago and negative last week so got worried. Met gynae
Dr Tan Thiam Chye from KKH 2 days ago and he confirmed I'm 7 weeks. I still can't believe it at all. I thought the gynae who saw me was good. He was a bit conservative (no tea/coffee, no yoga, no cycling) but I guess he has his point. Nice person. Just been tired lately but it is so nice to read all your experiences. and knowing I am not alone. Please do add me on FB at [email protected] .

Went gynae for ultrascan on 19 june edd 10 feb but only can see sac. Next appointment on 26 June and he tell me for tis appointment must heard bb heartbeat . Isit a must to hear baby heartbeat at 7 week?

@mrsgoh, yup. Must hear heartbeat. I also went to my dr on mon 16 June.. Also only saw sac, but can't see fetal pole or heartbeat. So I'm hoping can see by this coming Monday!:) cross fingers n pray hard for both of us!

Went gynae for ultrascan on 19 june edd 10 feb but only can see sac. Next appointment on 26 June and he tell me for tis appointment must heard bb heartbeat . Isit a must to hear baby heartbeat at 7 week?
Hi..dun worry a lot..wen I went for a scan at 5wk 5d,only can see yolk sac..one week later,manage to see heartbeat...relax and everything will fall in place for u.. :)

Santhiya

@mrsgoh, yup. Must hear heartbeat. I also went to my dr on mon 16 June.. Also only saw sac, but can't see fetal pole or heartbeat. So I'm hoping can see by this coming Monday!:) cross fingers n pray hard for both of us!

Noted ! Yes I hope I'm just worrying too much. Good luck to both of us :)

Hi..dun worry a lot..wen I went for a scan at 5wk 5d,only can see yolk sac..one week later,manage to see heartbeat...relax and everything will fall in place for u.. :)

Hi, during my scan at 5weeks there's only the sac don't have the yolk inside. There's nothing inside and base on my lmp baby suppose to be going 7 weeks so gynae say growing rate is slow. Thanks I hope I can hear the heartbeat on 26 June

Hi all ! I just tested positive yesterday and went to see Dr Anthony Siow today at gleneagles . Did an ultrasound but cudnt see anything coz its still very small .then he used the vagina scan , then he could see a round circle , he said its the waterbag . Im still at 5weeks . Did a blood test , and he gave me 100tabs of folic acid .

Back