(2013/11) November 2013

Lol.. we always take the volume of water as a measurement.. my 120ml is the amt of water

Hmm.. it all depends..
Im still latching bb.. but say if latch liao she is still crying after 1.5hrs, i will do half bm half fm. So that shes not bloated and end up spitting. Fm is to make her a little fuller to slp better

I normally feed full fm when i need to go.shopping with bb and last feed before she slp for a longer stretch.

After full fm, i bring her out, i can anticipate tat she wakes up after 2-3hrs so that i need not feed her urgently as compared to bm.

Because she slps longer at night, i feed fm so that she has something to churn in her tummy as i do not wake her up for feeds.

3 hr interval can feed fm but remember to pump. Try to divide ur ebm into 2 pkt.. example ebm 100ml, den store into 2 bags. So that u can feed half bm half fm if u r having shortage on ebm.

I do that so that i have enough time to replenish stock in the fridge.

Remember to keep pumping so that supply will increase n u need not worry abt stocks in ur fridge.

As for me, i had mastitis previously, so right now, im still trying to build up my supply..

No right or wrong on what u feed, jus make sure bb is full. Work with the pros n cons.. like for me, i make use of the fullness of fm to help me travel frm point a to b smoothly.

At home, with a fussy bb who wakes up every 1.5hr, i do half half to help bb get enuff slp and wake up happily.

Otherwise, i will latch bb fully.

Wah I admire ur dedication. I had engorgement and difficulty in latching so didn't persevere, now only pump. Want to go full latch but the LC told me too late since my milk supply not enough and already 7 weeks.

Using half fm and half BM sounds like a lot of work. Got to heat up the BM first then add in water and powder. Already, if the baby is crying, I'll rush like mad to heat up the BM.

I feed BM in the day and FM at night due to insufficient BM and too stressful at night to heat up the BM.

OH so the volume is based on the water amt? I actually base it on the actual milk quantity to do an apple-to-apple comparison with BM. So that I feed same amt regardless BM or FM...

Actually, not true.. demand = supply

I had a friend whose supply totally stopped.. after few days, she wanna try again so keep letting bb latch until milk kicks in.. alot of work n patience.

If u dun latch.n pump exclusively, ur supply will gradually drop too..

Btw, i will take my ebm frm freezer n put in the refrigerator to thaw. When i wanna use ,its faster to take frm the fridge n warm it up since its already in liquid form.

Btw, i will take my ebm frm freezer n put in the refrigerator to thaw. When i wanna use ,its faster to take frm the fridge n warm it up since its already in liquid form.

Merry Xmas !! Actually my EBM is kept in the refrigerator. I just have v low threshold for crying :p even 5mins of crying is too much for me

Hello everyone!
Been out of touch :p
Bb undergoing her 6weeks growth spurt. Feeding every 1hr instead of her normal 2hrs. I was basically attached to her everytime :p
It's worse at night.. feed, change diapers, change clothes (my bb has reflux :( ) and there we go again.
I'm glad my mom is around so she cooks for me after confinement, my husband is still clearing leave so it's good to have someone around at home so I don't feel so alone and has some company.. (listening ear when I complain and complain and complain :p)
But soon he will be back to work and my mom will go home and I will really be alone.
How do you mummies settle your meals? Cook yourself or cater? How do you manage to squeeze in time to cook for yourself when you have to tend to so many baby chores and housechores in between feeds?

Hello czlyf!

im having a fussy bb on hourly feed too!

i cook myself..
After bb shower, milked n slp.. i will cook soup n let it cook
4Pm prep vege n start to cook..
5Pm cook rice..
6Pm fetch daughter frm sch

I try to keep my dishes fast n simple..

Vege, eggs n meaty soups.

Sometimes i cook one dish meals like lor bak where i can cook the night before.

Steam fish jus place it into the pot, steam it.. also fast..

Those requires frying, i throw them into airfryer..

Btw, not everyday is sunday.. if i have a fussy bb for the day, i will change my menu to super easy cooking.. porridge, eggs n fish.

I wonder when i can cook curry or bake a cake.. i doubt #2 will let me.. lol..

woah.... long long time didn't log in and I'm not active in fb either :p just been busy...

Finally, bb turned 2 months. How time flies sia. How's everyone? I can see that this forum has been really quiet since. Just checking in with you gals and how's bb?

Have a very Happy NEw YEar Mommies!!

Hi all mummies out there, I'm a SAHM with a 2 months old baby boy staying at punggol. I'm new to this forum as well.. Could someone tell me how do you all pass your time at home with your baby. I find it a bit bored staying home with my baby. Perhaps someone would like to organise outing for November babies someday.. :)

Dear Mummies,
sorry to post on your thread but we would just like to inform that we are doing a spree for having a keepsake of your precious BM. Pls refer to the overseas spree if you are interested.

Thank you.

Hi, all.

Just to share my bad experience with this horrible confinement lady (CL) named XiaoCui from JB, her SG hp: 93517509 and Msia hp: 0167437840.
I engaged her services in March 2013, paying a S$200 deposit upfront during the meetup for my EDD in Nov 2013.
I called her early Nov to remind her of my EDD to which she is not contactable till just two days before my EDD.
I asked her why she didn't answer her HP or call my number back despite my several calls.
She claimed that she didn't top up her SG mobile, to which I gave her benefit of doubt since I was about to give birth soon.
I even double checked with her on my address and food to buy for my confinement to which she replied that she will be coming at 1.30pm on the day I checked out of the hospital.
After my baby's birth, I tried calling her several times but to no avail.
Only on the day I checked out, this horrible CL called me back only at 12.30pm saying that her fil is sick and she can't come and she will return the deposit when she is in SG. I was already on verge of breakdown as I am a first time mum. The thought of handling a crying baby was very terrifying to me.

In the end, I managed to find another CL the very last min. Then on 2nd week of my confinement, I called her to ask about the deposit since I didn't receive it. She just repeated herself like a broken record saying that when she will definitely return when she is in SG. Obviously, she has no intention of returning the $$ back. I had to resort to telling her that if she don't return my $$, I will make a police report. Upon hearing that, she promptly returned me my $$ that very afternoon through internet banking.

That's not all. I also discovered that she had accepted my friend's deposit when her EDD is only 2 weeks away from me! In the end, she told my friend that she broke her arm and she can't come to do the confinement. This means that this XiaoCui has the intention of cheating us of the deposit when she knew that she will not be able to do either one of the confinement!!! What a fraudster!

Hence to those who want to engage this fraudster CL XiaoCui from JB, please hire her at your own risk.

Hi mumztan
Wah I think you are a regular cooking person is it?
I am not.. in fact I am lazy when it comes to cooking.. I don't think I can cook a good dish and I find it hassle...
but I guess now during maternity leave I will have to cook myself.
Love cooking soup though as I love to drink soup. Can take soup for all my meals without any rice or veg :p
Gosh time flies.. my bb will be 2mths end of this week!
Happy New Year 2014 to all mommies!!!

Hi mumztan
Wah I think you are a regular cooking person is it?
I am not.. in fact I am lazy when it comes to cooking.. I don't think I can cook a good dish and I find it hassle...
but I guess now during maternity leave I will have to cook myself.
Love cooking soup though as I love to drink soup. Can take soup for all my meals without any rice or veg :p
Gosh time flies.. my bb will be 2mths end of this week!
Happy New Year 2014 to all mommies!!!

Hi mummies just found out from my friend about this thread. Can someone add me to your fb group? (I'm a laggard with social networking) my baby was born on nov 11 2013.
Much appreciated!

hhi
can i check ... ...

1) anyone here conceived aft taking TCM medicine?
2) which TCM and where did u see TCM?
3) How long did u conceive aft seeing TCM?

Thanks in advance.

Hi 3mum,

Nope I'm not in the FB group.

And thanks for sharing the ticker, will have it added to my signature when I'm on my system.

Currently using the app on my mobile for this thread ;)

Beanie: mine 4 months tomorrow... so fast! kinda miss their tiny times and the moment when gynae placed my bb on my body for the first time.. now so notti!!!!

@bluec

Hi,

I am a fellow victim of xiaocui. I gave birth in Jan 2013 and I had a similar experience. I also placed a deposit upfront but she claimed that an earlier job extended and cos I delivered 10days early, she had to get a friend to cover for her for 1 week. However, after 1 week, she MIA-ed and refused to pick up my calls or her friend's calls. I was left dangling over CNY as I gave birth about 2 weeks before CNY. I also had to resort to threatening with a police report before my deposit was returned to me. Please be wary of this lady as you really do not want to go through this sort of stress just after you give birth.

Hi Mommy,
I'm quite desperate for solution for my 3yrs old girl at Nursery. The school requests 1 parent/Guardian to sit in class to 'control/look after' her or pull her out of this school. I agree to attend 2 days as I look after my 4mths bb. After 1 day, teacher says I should go daily.
My girl is strong in character and strength. The ratio is 2:15. The teacher say the assistant and herself tried many ways but when my girl throw her 'little girl temper' (words used by the teacher), too tiring for them.
Can I go to MOE on this matter?
Pls. give your views. Thanks

Last edited:
Ashgray: I tot preschool teachers are supposed to be well trained in how to handle an active kid? My nephew went through the same thing.. Got "kicked" out by 3 diff childcare centres.. But one of the teacher told my sil sometimes it's not becoz the teachers can't handle but some parents complained that the kid bullied their kid and sort of like stress the teachers to ask the notty child to transfer...

Hi Winkle,
My girl has delay in speech and occupational thus can't communicate well, sometimes throw tantrums. The Principal say the teachers are not trained for special needs student. If I can't go daily, let her study shorter hours on days when I can't sit in. Hope she pick up fast from the private Early Intervention and improves.

Hi Mummies i delivered in e same mth too and have frozen breastmilk to bless dating Feb onwards. Kindly pm me for more details. :)
Cheers & Happy Mother's Day to all!!

Back