(2013/11) November 2013

Little prince,

I asked dr Tham if I'll be doing CTG at next visit ie. 38weeks+, he said no. Do at 39 weeks. I rem doing at 39w visit last time too. Actually no point unless u wanna induce or something. Otherwise no point trying to find out if u r having contractions...

Today very anti for me, hb ask me to delay induce date to edd 13 nov..... Tell me he got too much work not yet complete.....
After me being kan Ching whole day and char my doctor, he tell me to wait.....

Wonder who will pop over the weekend :)

I did ctg during my wk 38 & wk 39 check up, both so far had no contractions..... Today bb super active, dunno what she doing, hope she decided to engage....

Morning mumimes! And i now alone in the office! Super hate tt auto lighting cos my seat area dun hav sensor and therefore is permanently dark unless i walk to e sensor every 15 mins. On my desk lamp to brighten abit. Hopeing to clear as much as work possible but somehow e other part of me jus wan to take a rest. 5 more working days to go!!!! Counting down....

Congrates Attigal!!! I saw ur good news in fb!! That's was fast! I tink my bb oso will b e last few to deliver lo since Dr Tham said there's enuff space for bb to move abt. Reading at your birth story, im having second thought whether i make a right choice to deliver at Mt A. What if other mummies popping at the same time as me, how Dr Tham gg to rush over to Mt A since majority of e mummies will b delivering at tmc. hmmm... but aldy register w Mt A liao so cant change le right? No deposit was paid to Mt A.

fuzzybear, u ah....like v fun watching us to see who pop 1st. Maybe we shld start a bet! haha....

bunnymummy, ah.. dr tham only does ctg at week 39? By tt time, many should hab pop le ba? My fren was saying after 37 week onwards, her gyne will insert e fingers in to check whether any dilation and do ctg oso. Seem like Dr tham prefer to let us to go naturally den checking all these.... hmmm.....

I am doing CTG at gynae's clinic, will ask gynae if he can reserve a room for me, if schedule a date to induce,
wah attigal popped already! next will b 3xmum?
haha, SN, I am still here, at home! Gynae scheduled me to go to hospital on Sunday night to prepare my cervix, so I suggested midnight ,to save 1 night's cost, and he said on 11/11 AM he will induce me, so bb most likely will be born on 11/11!

Thirdtimemum, wah a lot of babies with later EDD are popping before u! u must be so tired of waiting.. :p Febie, u don't say next will be Thirdtimemum. Scarly her first class womb too comfy and other babies pop first.
Fuzzybear, I am still here! Gynae had cervix checked yesterday scan, 3rd time, hated it! CTG shows no contractions & bb heartbeat ok, however, on scan, shows cord at bb's neck, but unsure if its around the neck, gynae didn't admit me immediately, think because bb still moving actively and heartbeat ok.

Littleprince, what is the ctg for?
mawanab, CTG usually done in a block of 30mins - 1 hour, is to monitor contractions, to check if there's any and also baby's heartbeat, to see if bb's ok , you will lie on a bed, and paddings will be strapped on your tummy, linked to a machine, and you will be able to hear the baby's heartbeating.

Morning mumimes! And i now alone in the office! Super hate tt auto lighting cos my seat area dun hav sensor and therefore is permanently dark unless i walk to e sensor every 15 mins. On my desk lamp to brighten abit. Hopeing to clear as much as work possible but somehow e other part of me jus wan to take a rest. 5 more working days to go!!!! Counting down....

Congrates Attigal!!! I saw ur good news in fb!! That's was fast! I tink my bb oso will b e last few to deliver lo since Dr Tham said there's enuff space for bb to move abt. Reading at your birth story, im having second thought whether i make a right choice to deliver at Mt A. What if other mummies popping at the same time as me, how Dr Tham gg to rush over to Mt A since majority of e mummies will b delivering at tmc. hmmm... but aldy register w Mt A liao so cant change le right? No deposit was paid to Mt A.

fuzzybear, u ah....like v fun watching us to see who pop 1st. Maybe we shld start a bet! haha....

bunnymummy, ah.. dr tham only does ctg at week 39? By tt time, many should hab pop le ba? My fren was saying after 37 week onwards, her gyne will insert e fingers in to check whether any dilation and do ctg oso. Seem like Dr tham prefer to let us to go naturally den checking all these.... hmmm.....
pinkyloving, yes, my gynae used his fingers to check my cervix, because overdue, he had to check 3 times, as of yesterday, super uncomfortable! I still remembered when he did the 1st, he said the next time check will be when I go into labour.

Pinky, think you have to jus inform clinic, they can re-register you for tmc instead. Don't see it to be any problems ba :)

3xmum, woo so your big day is gg to be Monday :)

Saw Sabrina posting in fb, weekend popper :)

Last night at 3am, 5am & 8am when I woke up to pee, I saw bloody mucous like discharge after pee, I think it's not caused by the cervix checked, because the previous 2 cervix checked, was only staining and no blood after that, this morning was fresh blood, but after I washed and put on a pantie liner, no more blood flowing, not sure if this is the so-call mucous plug, I do feel some pain, not sure if its contractions, because I googled, early contractions usually last around 60-90 seconds, and interval of 15-20mins, but what I am feeling is once in about 5 mins, however, it goes off in less than 60sec, and it's just tiny bit pain, and not like my #2, cannot tahan kind. Will be calling gynae to seek advice. Maybe Faith decided to come earlier!

Last night at 3am, 5am & 8am when I woke up to pee, I saw bloody mucous like discharge after pee, I think it's not caused by the cervix checked, because the previous 2 cervix checked, was only staining and no blood after that, this morning was fresh blood, but after I washed and put on a pantie liner, no more blood flowing, not sure if this is the so-call mucous plug, I do feel some pain, not sure if its contractions, because I googled, early contractions usually last around 60-90 seconds, and interval of 15-20mins, but what I am feeling is once in about 5 mins, however, it goes off in less than 60sec, and it's just tiny bit pain, and not like my #2, cannot tahan kind. Will be calling gynae to seek advice. Maybe Faith decided to come earlier!

Jia you! Waiting for your news!

Pinky, not too late to change to TMC. Wanna reconsider?

I had cervix check by dr Tham today. He was reluctant to check but aft he saw tt I was considering whether to be induced, he checked for me. Not painful but uncomfortable. Sad to say, I'm not dillated at all. Argh. Will be doing CTG check next week at 39 weeks. I suppose he is not anxious to do cervix check or CTG becos even if we are dilated or having contractions, still got to wait for more obvious signs before next course of action.

Hope to be dilated by next week's visit!

Xlb, i hav an avent single electrical pump for sale. U interested? can b converted to manual. Tt time i bought as a backup when my dual pump spoilt. Rarely used but i think warranty over.

Sabrina is sabby issit?

I saw fb post tt Faith decided to come out earlier! Congrates again 3xmum!

Attigal, nah.. got no sign of labour except more frequent BH. More frequent BH & on off tummy pain. But this not a sign right? anyway I dismiss it cos I dun think bb will come so early ba since nt engaged. Im turning week 38 tml! We oso hav a few potential mummies havent pop yet. Hehe...

Bunny mummy, did dr tham charge extra for e cervix check? I dun think I will request him to check for my next visit.

Hello mummies, I have popped and was very happy to see my girl finally. Dr tham is really a steady n dedicated doctor.
Please allow me to rant here....my girl managed to latch on quite strongly n suckle 15 min on each side in the hospital...everything is fine til we bring her back. She started crying n rooting for milk every hour n refuse to sleep...my mum kept commenting my milk not enough n she is hungry. She kept asking me to give her formula...I relented after 2 hrs by giving her water...but my girl still want to latch on and which I tried n she latch til she fell asleep...but woke after 10 min...mum kept commenting my milk not enough n I gave in by giving her pacifier....she still cry...I let her suckle til I am sore but she still kept on going...sigh, now I told my hubby to run downstairs to buy formula milk....I thot lactation consultants says bb have enough reserves for 3 to 4 days? Now is only day 2....really feel like crying.... dont know what to do now....

Xlb, i hav an avent single electrical pump for sale. U interested? can b converted to manual. Tt time i bought as a backup when my dual pump spoilt. Rarely used but i think warranty over.

Hi yho, I think now I on hold for the manual pump first.. Cos I do see abit increase in my right side.. Hopefully it will continue.. If I need I let you know again? Thanks!

And yes I just saw the new borns photo! So cute! I believe now more n more mummies will be popping soon.. Jia you everyone!
Coffeetruffles: you want to try n bring ur bb back to see PD? It might help the situation I hope... It's difficult when own mum keeps putting u down like that, but do stay strong okay? If not u might be over stressed n affect ur milk supply too..

Hello mummies, I have popped and was very happy to see my girl finally. Dr tham is really a steady n dedicated doctor.
Please allow me to rant here....my girl managed to latch on quite strongly n suckle 15 min on each side in the hospital...everything is fine til we bring her back. She started crying n rooting for milk every hour n refuse to sleep...my mum kept commenting my milk not enough n she is hungry. She kept asking me to give her formula...I relented after 2 hrs by giving her water...but my girl still want to latch on and which I tried n she latch til she fell asleep...but woke after 10 min...mum kept commenting my milk not enough n I gave in by giving her pacifier....she still cry...I let her suckle til I am sore but she still kept on going...sigh, now I told my hubby to run downstairs to buy formula milk....I thot lactation consultants says bb have enough reserves for 3 to 4 days? Now is only day 2....really feel like crying.... dont know what to do now....
are u latching properly? sounds like u aren't hence baby isn't getting enough and getting sore nipples. and what u are doing is correct. the more u latch the more stimulated ur boobs will be to produce more milk. if u want to feed FM, do it using syringe or cup so that ur bb won't get nipple teat confusion. hang in there ok? call an LC to ur house to check ur latch. is ur bb producing wet and soiled diapers? if yes, u can show it to ur mom.

And yes I just saw the new borns photo! So cute! I believe now more n more mummies will be popping soon.. Jia you everyone!
Coffeetruffles: you want to try n bring ur bb back to see PD? It might help the situation I hope... It's difficult when own mum keeps putting u down like that, but do stay strong okay? If not u might be over stressed n affect ur milk supply too..
Thanks xb for yr words of encouragement. ..baby really stopped crying and sleep after drinking formula milk...I am meeting pd on tue, in the meantime i will try to continue latching on but I noticed that baby seems not interested and start rejecting me...will persist on til tue. Lets jiayou in our breast feeding journey, mummies!

are u latching properly? sounds like u aren't hence baby isn't getting enough and getting sore nipples. and what u are doing is correct. the more u latch the more stimulated ur boobs will be to produce more milk. if u want to feed FM, do it using syringe or cup so that ur bb won't get nipple teat confusion. hang in there ok? call an LC to ur house to check ur latch. is ur bb producing wet and soiled diapers? if yes, u can show it to ur mom.

Fuzzybear, we have used bottle to feed le...I forgot abt nipple confusion....arghh...I will make appt w lc asap to check my latch...hope its not too late...bb has soiled diapers but she is quite impatient when feeding. Thanks for your advice!

Coffeetruffles, dont givr ur baby water as it has no nutrients n a baby below six months do not need to drink water. Fm is better than water n pacifier. It is ok to supplement with fm while u continue to latch to build up ur supply. Not all mommies will have milk so soon.

Pinky,

No he didn't charge extra for cervix check. But next week do CTG will have to pay extra.

Coffeetruffles,

Yeah I experienced that w my #1. Even though the books says baby dun need to drink much in first few days, but my baby kept crying and only stopped when my CL fed her FM. Fr the way she drank hungrily, I felt she really needed the milk. Anyway I was too tired to keep on latching non-stop. And I meant non-stop like latch for 30-45mins, 1hr later, cry and wanna latch on again. So I gave both FM and BM.

Mummies who gave both FM and BM, do ur babies get nipple confusion? Besides cup feeding, how can we prevent that? My #1 didn't have prob. But I am guessing its becos I use nipple shield for latching which is similar to bottle teats.

Haha i agree with bunnymummy. Although in theory, books say that babies have reserves for a few days, in reality, they are really hungry by 2-3 days n normally need to supplement with fm unless u dun mind latch every minute of the day.

Ladies...
M first time mom.. last night woke up at 5am to pee and saw blood in my discharge.. got a shock but i went to google and learn that cervix is softening and preparing for birth so i went back to sleep!
just had some bloody discharge again... dont think i have any contraction?? just slight cramp on and off.... not too sure if baby is popping... should i just monitor, wait and see or call the doc now?

Hi bunnymummy n toto, noted! My aunt was here just now n she seconded spoonfeeding her fm to supplement only when necessary..my mum was ard when aunt said that ..I spoke to my mum abt the whole issue and she is ok with it....I feel much much better now, thanks to all ladies here for your advice and encouragement! Now I need to work on my latch n watch bb jaundice for pd check on tue!

Tks third3timemum for the explanation on ctg. Did u manage to get a single room in the end?

Glad dr tham doesn't do cervix checks or ctg too early... esp since ctg means extra costs.

mawanab, dr tham usually does ctg ard week 39.. he doesn't do cervix checks unless you complain abt cramping or smth along that line..if not he will only check closer to ur edd. he only checked mine at 36w when I had light cramping at that time.. and after that no cervix check till I was over due at 40w 2d :)

Congrats 3xmom!!!!
I have started organising bb stuffs n room for my CL who will b coming this coming sat. My op will b on wed n tml will b gg for e blood sampling.
Thx for explaining e reason for taking blood.
Getting all excited. But feeling hungry these few nights on top of not being able to sleep... Munching on instant noodles now..
M wondering how will my 20mths old son reacts to his sister when he sees her maybe wed..
Btw, can add me in FB? My email is [email protected]
Thanks and all the best to all mommies here!!!

good morning, mummies! hope everyone had a good weekend. i managed to clear off last load of hand me downs to wash yesterday despite gloomy weather till late afternoon. now left some balance new items to wash and keep. and this Thu will be last day of sch for #1, woo hoo! if i intend to induce earlier, will do it fm Friday onwards. also dropped by Parenthood Fair in expo for a short walk while kids played at Home Teams Festival, nothing much to buy since i have bought almost all the things i need. also cleared the camera, charged the battery and put it into hosp bag. hb keeps reminding me to finish packing the bag else he will have to hunt for my balance stuff to help me pack if there is an emergency :D.

btw, does TMC provide bath towel or we need to bring our own for shower huh?

bunnymummy, thks abt the info on ctg. no la, not want to do but just want to know what to expect for next 2 checkups. :) so looks like if intend to induce earlier, dr tham will do cervix chk and ctg earlier else likely wait till edd. i am still thinking if i shld induce if baby's weight exceeds 3.2kg by tmrw's checkup. but argh, i super don't like cervix check, very distressing for me. btw, my #1 didn't have problem switching btw latching BM and feeding bottled FM last time. in fact, he was a very easy baby. i hope #2 will be just as cooperative this time.

pinky, you work on Sats? so how? you decided to stick with Mt A or change to TMC?

love16, i hope you managed to go to the hosp early and maybe have popped!

czlyf, good luck to your op on Wed!

Hi littleprince, no towel provided at tmc. U need to bring your own.

Don't need to worry about cervix check by Dr tham. He is one of the most gentle in his. Cervix check. The midwife at labour ward will be quite rough as compare to him. But my case may be isolated cas cervix is high. Very difficult to check the dilation.

Thx lil prince!! U seem all ready!! Haha all the best to u!!
I gained 20++kg already!!! at 36wks my bb was estimated ard 3kg. Am now 37wks3days.. Wonder wat will b bb wt this Wed. Definitely gained more than when I had no1. Kinda worried how will the weight be shed off eventually..

Morning, mummies.
Congrats, 3xmum.
Wah litteleprince-U still have the energy to go expo for Parenthood fair.
I had lazy weekend, very low energy, especially Sunday, have beedn Zzzz alot.
Today thought will have energy to work, but felt like body very hot & going to have fever kind.
My room aircon is blast at 16 degree LOL

Finally, find sometime to login using #1 laptop while they're at school.... I've tried to login using hp but everytime having difficulty replying as the screen keep on scrolling to the top while I was halfway typing, before I could finish the post I doze off liao.

First of all, congratulate to those who have popped while I was away! Attigal, Coffeetruffles... many more... & finally 3xmum!!! so happening here while I'm coping with the newborn. :cool:

Coffeetruffles, I was in your shoe too. Cried during the first week as bb kept on crying and the old folks kept saying I didn't produce enough. I persisted and my nipple sore too. Cried in the middle of the night and offered pacifier too. Do hang on there!! Drink plenty of water helps in milk supply. Anyone there to help you? Like cook fish papaya soup to boost milk supply? Do come in and talk.

Honestly, now my bb is about day13 and I'm still trying to hang on here with the bfg... as I sometime latched him correctly but sometime didn't.... ..... we have to persist and Jia You!!! Jia You!!

impulse41, thks! aiyo, i am still not keen to be cervix checked. :(

czlyf, no leh, not ready yet. i still need to go supermarket to buy sesame oil for confinement cooking, still need to buy textbooks for #1 before i pop! don't worry abt shedding off weight la, its more impt to hv a smooth delivery for baby and you.

bluenosebear, i went to look see more for the Home Teams exhibition. #1 enjoyed himself playing there. i spent yesterday clearing up my place and doing packing lor. today back to office to work and tomorrow will take a day off to see gynae again. you better rest well and don't fall sick coz so near to delivery date le. drink lots of water.

SN, i found your dark choc M & Ms selling at those normal size packs le! hehe! bought a few packs to snack on in office. :p

Littleprince-Thanks, I will drink more water, maybe later will try to get Barley water during lunch time bah.
I am counting down..................
Thursday is my last day of work.
Abit cannot let go kind of feeling......................:(

haha lilprince, your few packs of normal size m&ms could be equal to one big pack leh. I have no more craving for chocolates now that my baby has checked out of my womb. lol.

bluenosebear, i will still continue to work during ML! but not daily la, periodically basis when i need to check and approve certain tasks.

SN, nooo ... i only bought 4 packs, still not equivalent to that big big pack. :p eh, during bfg cannot eat too much chocolates is it? I only rem best thing to eat during bfg is fish soup, fish soup, fish soup! :confused:

good morning... managed to steal sometime to login...
hope I still have my sanity this afternoon.

SN, serious? no chocolate craving??

lil prince, I rem during my confinement, I stole a few pieces of nama chocolate from the fridge while my mum naps... hahaha....

Back