(2012) TTC Christian Mummies

comingchamp

hello there! juz thinking to start tis thread to encourage each other in e Lord as we embark on tis journey... anybody there?

Great!
happy.gif
Pls count me in!

<font color="0000ff"> hee yes. but im trying not to think abt it. will test before i leave for my trip. or maybe during my trip. or after my trip. if af doesnt report. hee hee hee.

what abt you? u in 2ww or CD ?

hello happy!
happy.gif
</font>

Hello Comingchamp &amp; MissyCandy!

I am TCC#1 I am also in 2WW too!! I am praying that this time i can strike this weekend :D

Just a quick bg about me, I had a surprised unplanned pregnancy last year Oct but unfortunately I lost my baby in after Christmas due to chromosome abnormality. So now my hb and I are trying again.Despite the lost and we are able to grief and moving on is really by God's grace.

missycandy: u going for cruise in shanghai yah? bringing ur #1? if not, where u putting her?

me ah, now cd03... but cannot try yet, cos gynae says my body still recovering...

happy: so u can test tis wkend liao ah? okie okie, hope u get bfp!

i noe wat u mean, u wonder why u rite? how can God let it happen rite? i juz had an ectopic pregnanacy, so i oso wonder all tat... esp when i really believed God can deliver me... so why did it still happen?

my only conclusion is tat e devil won tis round... in tis fallen world, he managed to steal my bb... not only tat, he tried to destroy my chances of reproduction too... in case u din noe, ectopic is when pregnancy happens outside e womb... for me, it happened in e fallopian tube... so if my fallopian tube was burst, then my chances of getting pregnant next time is minus 50%...

but thank God, tat din happen... my gynae din have to remove e tube, and recovery from e surgery was quick... in fact, i din feel pain at all during e 2 plus wks... all i had was spotting, so i tot i was having a chemical pregnancy... in tis, i look back and noe there is deliverance... cos even my gynae couldn't believe tat there was no pain, esp since i was oreidi bleeding very badly internally...

anyway despite all tis, i choose to praise Jesus... for wat He has done on e cross! wat e devil stole from us, he has to pay back much more... God will restore either more in quantity or quality, according to our hearts' desire! His Word says tat none shall be barren nor miscarry, so let us hold on to His promise... it will come to pass in our lives!

Dear ComingChamp,

happy.gif
If you have time, go get this book call "Empty Arms" from the christian book shop SKS, is an very encouraging book for those who gone through a miscarriage.

yes you are right that God never intended us to be barren or miscarried but living in this fallen world, there are many things we will never understand.

Press on all
happy.gif
God is our shield and provider!

Good morning all
happy.gif

happy.gif
Not sure. But you can call and ask. I know SKS carry more books any than other christian book stores.

By the way i follow a female gynae in KKH. Her name is Dr Goh Shen Li. Actually i find her really nice and i really want to stick to her but i like to change the hospital because i think it seems easier to reach private gynae than the one in KKH.

I am also in dilemma because after going through KKH facilities and other hospitals, i really find KKH ones much better and newer! Esp if you take the Private Suite and many other things like delivery suite.

Any advices and who is your gynae and etc?

I also went to google Dr Joycelyn Wong, she seems quite good huh?

<font color="0000ff">eh no im not goin cruise to shanghai. thats not me. lol.. im going penang for cousin's wedding. heh.

ooo coool... ok then i can seriously consider seeing her when i have #2... hee
happy.gif

my #1 gynae was lawrence ang. hes from tmc but i chose to deliver at mt A. hmmm. but hes very fast n to the point. not very empathatic kind. so if u need someone to care n stuff, hes not the one.

in fact, when i was trying for #2 i went to see him. he gave me clomid few mths.. then after that still dun have he told me ivf. -_-" i was shocked. when he told me that i was stil 29 yrs. diao. he said now govt heavily subsidise so can consider. -______________________-" i said no way. and i havent gone back to see him ever since. *sigh*

if i go back to him its becos he is cheap. (his pkg only $500!) and convenient. his clinic is near my home. sigh sigh sigh.

im also thinking of KKH... but end of the day my heart is more drawn to MT Alvernia... heh... then since #1 at Mt A, thought it will be fair for #2 to be at Mt A too... just my own thoughts...
happy.gif

where do u ladies live and which church do u attend?</font>

ello Missycandy
happy.gif

huh! IVF?! Sometimes we wondered if the gyane were out to make $ anot -_-" Why did you need to take clomid when you were able to get pregnant and give birth to your #1?

me live in north east and attending bethel pres church
happy.gif

u ?

<font color="0000ff">im staying sembawang. going wesley methodist church.
happy.gif

eh... becos i didnt have menses from jan til august last yr.. lol! then he said gave med to induce menses n same time clomid to help release more eggs so higher chance of conceiving... but sadly didnt help lor... </font>

happy:
my gynae is dr joycelyn wong! she's very kind and empathetic...

after i gave birth to #1, maybe i looked stressed or something... when she came by for e review, she looked at me and said "it's okie if cannot total breastfeed u noe?"... then she went on to say wif all e hormones raging, i'll probably feel a lot of emotions... then when i started to cry, she said "aiyah, sorry sorry lah... u were managing so well, now i made u cry"...

then when e ectopic happened, i appeared calm and strong... weighing all my options smiling away... she said "erm, it's okie to feel sad"... then i broke down, haha...

both times were odd hrs, but she came by quickly... for e ectopic, my surgery was scheduled at midnite... she was more kanjiong than me, kept calling e nurses to ask if i'm in oreidi... think e timing was gd, cos i managed to sleep off e anesthetics... by e time i discharged next noon, i was feeling much better than e time i woke up delirious after e surgery... cannot imagine if i had to go home straight after e surgery...

missycandy:
oops, sorry! i must have confused u wif e other ladies in e thread!

ivf ah? actually hor, i did consider leh... cos it takes e guesswork out of ttc... cos now, dr wong did say tat ectopic may happen again if ovulate from e same tube... but yah, shd trust God lah... instead of depending on human efforts...

i stay in e east and attend ncc!

icic... ya i wld prefer a female gyane lor. But today i found another gynae. Male though. Heard he is a christian and his name is Dr Poon King Fu. Quite near my place @ Hougang. So wondering if I should look for him.

Today did my QT, and God said Trust Him Trust Him! So gals, do the same ok?
happy.gif

comingchamp / Missy : *waveeeeeeeeee*..... a spritual thread! I likeeeeeeee!!!!!!!

God promises no barren woman... pray ya!... I lost 1 and he gave me another blessing... My girl is now 16 months.... keep praying and leave the rest in HIS hands... and watch HIM do HIS work! Remember GOD LOVES US!

happy:
dr wong is female and Christian lah, if u wanna try her... she very gentle oso, so no pain when doing pap smear... anyway, go wif wat gives u peace!

in e name of Jesus, i command ur body to function e way God made it to function! embryo if u have oreidi been formed, be implanted well in e uterine walls! hormones, be in balance as u support tis pregnancy! i oso pray for u to have peace tat transcends all understanding, guarding ur heart and mind in Christ!

hehe, hope u test positive!

happiness&amp;bliss:
actually suspected u are Christian from e way u share, hehe... welcome! and thanks for e encouragement!

comingchamp: honestly, i went a long way to be back in God's path again. Well, when i went thru my 1st pregnancy and met with D&amp;C i did ask HIM, y must i go through such horrible thing.... but well eventually I think God wants me to learn and it's the moulding process.
But I think I am still HIS favoured child. HE gave me another blessing..... my daughter... heheheh.... That's also y i choose to deliver in Mt A... Catholic Hospital... I want to be in God's presence when i deliver... :D

<font color="0000ff">ooo hellooooooooooooo happiness!!!
happy.gif

eh happy hope u get a BFP!

yeh i agree i also chose Mt A becos it has a chapel and the sisters will come n pray for u if u request...
happy.gif
</font>

happiness&amp;bliss:
i see, i see... hmm, but remember to keep in mind tat God was not behind e bad things tat happened okie? we live in a fallen world, and e devil will try means and ways to destroy us by taking us from God's presence using bad circumstances... juz noe tat becos of wat Jesus did at e cross, e devil cannot prevail over us... he will have to pay back much more and God is able to restore, as He has proven in ur life! hence, let us noe tat all things, whether gd or bad, will work together for our gd!

Comingchamp : Yes... my frd told me, it's devil's way of making me lose trust in GOD... but NO i will nvr let devil have his ways... hehehhe....

missy : *waveeeeeeeeeee*... i have not start trying yet. Cos I just finish a course of medication to regulate my menstraution. My mense went haywire after 2 yrs hiatus due to pregant and bf-ing... Then after i stop bf-ing it came, but was really haywire, i get mense every alt weeks...so my gynae put me on medication. Just finish the whole course and got my 1st mense in 17 May.... so now monitoring and see the next mense comes when....

Eh, ladies.... too long nvr have menstraution ah... the 28-30 days cycle count from when huh? 1st day of my last mense??? Sorry, pardon my ignorant... i forgot alr...after 2 yr hiatus..

<font color="0000ff">lol! yes from 1st day of bleeding...
happy.gif

ah... i also took meds to induce menses in aug n oct last yr... hehe... now luckily is a bit more regular... so now waiting too...
happy.gif

dont worry... God will Bless us all !
happy.gif
</font>

Hey comingchamp thanks for the prayer
happy.gif
amen!

I really feel very encouraged. God is good and He will be with us. Remember the spirtual war had won by Jesus so we have a new hope
happy.gif

I prayed that as we contd our faith will increase!

Happiness, do exercise if you can. Exercise will help to regulate your hormones which in turn improve your menses and good for ur body too
happy.gif

mt a
hmm, wondering if i shd try mt a next... hearing such gd reviews from u gals!

happiness&amp;bliss:
did ur gynae say to hold off trying? or can u juz bd and see wat happens? i mean if e latter, u can juz bd and observe all at e same time... no need to chart bbt or test opk, maybe God will juz make e bb tis cycle? hehe...

happy:
amen! glad to have u gals to continue in tis fight of faith...

missy : heee.... thanks... i will monitor from now...

happy : my exercise now is chasing after my daughter... haha

comingchamp : yes gynae advise to monitor the cycle 1st before trying....at least be sure that I am ovulating "healthily" before doing anything...i probably will try to "tiao" my body while monitoring the cycle...after bf-ing for 1 yr, i really need to pump more calcium and vits back into my body.... hahaha... I'm not in a hurry to hv a bb too... i let God decides... :D

Wah I just realize that all of you are very bless! all got number #1 already
happy.gif

hahaha Happiness i know what you mean. LOL

yes Mt A is pretty good. Their services the sisters will actually come and look for you and ask if you have any prayer request.
happy.gif
)

happiness&amp;bliss:
i see, i see... okie, hope we bfp at ard e same time then can migrate to mar/apr thread then!

happy:
yup, very blessed to have my gal... she helped to cushion e sadness i felt from my loss...

hello gals morning
happy.gif

I tested on Saturday however it was a negative.

But then again on the positive side, the AF have yet to come
happy.gif
My hb think i tested too early and should give another test a few more days later
happy.gif

happy : yes indeed I feel I am very blessed. I prayed and told God to bless me with a baby and that I am "trying that night".... only one try... amazingly 1 week later i feel very different.... sore boobs, cramping feeling, backache...i tot my mense coming... 2nd week...nauseous starts... I tot "what the heck just test"... even thou my mense not even due yet.. I got a faint Positive... hahahah
then to play safe, i test again on the day my mense is due... and got a clearer positive sign.
Kiasu and kiasee due to my 1st unsuccessful preg, i quickly made an appt with my gynae and went for a checkup. I was only 4 weeks preg. Gynae was also quite surprise I knew i am preg so early into my pregnancy. lol..
God works in a very amazing ways, and he will let you know u r blessed in a different way, some even doctors can't explain... I ask my gynae, y i start to feel difference so fast... 1 week after I BD i started to feel something. My gynae can't explain only say "some women are more sensitive" :s

comingchamp : heheh actually hor i also in a dilenma... I wanted to have #2 but hb is reluctant. 1stly bcos he dun wan my girl to feel "neglected" since she is receiving full load of attention from all of us now. 2ndly, also dun knw who to take care of #2..I knw my nanny may not want to take in my #2 if i have 1.
But then I will just leave it in HIS hands to work miracles...
happy.gif

Amen! its great so many christian mummies here.
My gynae was TC Tan from KKH, last year he was show on channel 8 news...talk about pregnancy. now my #2 will going to see him also.

hello!

didnt know there is a christian thread!!

like Happy, im ttc-ing for #1 since Jan this year. hubby really want a baby asap hence this have been pretty discouraging at times. we have been praying every night for our little one.

but recently i felt much more peaceful, because i felt that God has His purpose for us and that He has His reason why we have yet to conceive. In a way, this has gotten my hubby and i closer emotionally and spiritually than before. perhaps this is God's way of helping us to learn to build a marriage before blessing us with a little one =)

Hey peapea, didn't know u r a Christian too
happy.gif
welcome. Thanks to coming champ who initiate this thread !

Be encouraged that God wants to give you and ur hb the best child. So in His time, you will receive a beautiful child of God
happy.gif

Ello ladies, my AF reported today. Ah nvm new cycle new hope.

This time the fertile period is during church camp haha. So maybe will have a holiday baby
happy.gif

Happy, yes im a christian though i dont go to church so regularly *hang my head in shame*

hahaha... i had a bad history with church in the past (dont want to go into details) hence i find it tough at times to be regular.

but, i still believe in God and have faith in Him.

new cycle new hope for you! if really baby is made during church camp, it could be a good thing! really a blessing from God.. ha

haha peapea don't say that. Doesn't mean you don't go church means is a bad thing. I understand what you mean by bad history. I guess every church will have their difficult stories and even mine! But will encourage you to press on!

Yeah haha i also think so! Maybe that's why this AF is late so that i can have a baby @ church camp LOL :p

Ok i guess on the brighter side, seems like my AF is getting regular after the D&amp;C lsat year. My body really took a long time to recover.

Happy, yups. i met two pastors from US a couple of months ago and mentioned to them about my church history. but they made me felt so good after that like im not a sinner just because i dont attend church.

ha! ever since some unfortunate incident happened to me, i always believe that God has His reasons and though i may not understand it at that point of time, i will see the logic of it after a while... i guess that is what helping me to carry on lately..

good for you that your AF is getting regular! easier to estimate your O date then =)

actually so far even though my af comes, i did BD at around my fertile period so i guess is really God's timing now. Well i am sure God want to give me a healthy baby
happy.gif

comingchamp, thank you for starting this thread. you make me feel so much happier and at peace with myself now.

i like what you said about the devil and your ectopic pregnancy...

if faith is what God requires from me, then faith is sth that God deserves from me.

thank you guys for helping me refresh my faith. it is something that goes missing once a while after much disappointment

Was surprised and glad to see this thread!! Not too sure what to write but maybe I should share one verse I am now holding onto:

"By faith Sarah herself also received strength to conceive seed, and she bore a child when she was past the age, because she judged Him faithful who had promised." Hebrews 11:11

peapea>> Hihi!! Glad to see you here!!

hi ladies,
any good christian parenting books or pregnancy books to recommend?
you know i envy you ladies who have christian hubbies to go thru this phase of life with you...
Jia you...

peapea>> Hehe.. I got this verse when I was pregnant but though I m/c, I still held onto this verse, God's promise for me..

Faith is just to look to God, how good and faithful He is to His promise.. For example, if you are owing someone some debts and you know a friend who is rich and willing to help you, you will naturally have faith in your friend to help you.. So see God as your heavenly father who wants the best for you and also wants you to be fruitful and multiply, just like when He told Adam and Eve..
happy.gif

DPW : my husband is not Christian. My husband is buddhist. I'm praying for him everyday, for him to open his heart to GOD.

When i was pregnant I read this book "Supernatural Childbirth" by Jackie Mize.
It's a very very good book. You should read it. It has prayers too to pray during pregnancy, childbirth etc. I re-read the book 3 or 4 times i think.
I was also still reading it in delivery ward while combating with my contractions...
I prayed alot during my labour and true to God Promise, i had a natural birth without epidural.

peapea : like u, I don't go to church often too. I shifted after i married and is quite far away from my old church. Then also like u, i had bad experience at church.
N with the birth of my girl, it's even harder to go church.
But i do my daily prayers, and read up on my bible online. I have to be close to GOD and not allow devil to come and "disturb" me.

Sarah : GOD has all purposes for what we went through. My1st pregnancy ended at almost 12 weeks. I was devastated and question HIM too for what i went thru.
But i realise that with daily prayers and "talks" with HIM, i am able to come to terms on what had happen.
But the Good LORD blessed me with another baby 2 yrs later and I went on to have a very healthy pregnancy and deliver a baby girl of very good weight
happy.gif

For HE promises no Barren women! Have FAITH in HIM!

Amen! and welcome Sarah!

Faith comes by hearing of God's word and believing HIM who can do the supernatural out of nothing
happy.gif

I am getting more happy and encouraged that more and more Christians mummies and mummies to be are coming in to share and encouraged this journey.

I too have a verse
happy.gif
When I had my MC, I decided to give a name to the child. I name him Joy and because the Joy of the Lord is my strength! - Nehemiah 8:10

I've always been memorizing this verse cos we had a camp and that was the camp theme verse. When i went back to read the verse again... i teared because right before the verse... it begin with..

"Do not grief for the joy of the Lord is your strength."

That's when i gathered up all my strength and tell myself I will get well and not make my hb sad with me. When i am doing good, I will bring up my hb too
happy.gif

Hi DPW, yes there are quite a few in fact. They were given by my friends as Christmas gift last year. Tonight when I'll go back and i will tell u what's the name of the books i have. Did you come to know Christ before or after you got married?

Yeah that's one of the book i wanted to recommend too that Happiness is recommending. I am currently reading the book. I find it helpful esp I am a person that allows fear to get control of me. Memorizing of scriptures of the book helps me to overcome fear!

His Perfect Love Casts Out Fears!

Back