(2010) 2009 TTCers Moving on to 2010... Come on in!

tigerbaby,

maybe u can post the whole thing on what the clause says... i think maybe it meant not to have any intercourse 6-8hrs before doing the test cause normally to test for sperms, dh have to abstain for 2 days

keke okie lah excited cause i wonder who ah boi looks like [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi, anyone looking for confinement lady?i'm doing my confinement now, the 3rd wk, my CL is very gd and responsible.She takes care of baby n me very well.Bathes the baby well n take care of the baby well at night.She'll make sure i eat my confinement food and tonic soups.Anyone interested can msg me at 98710737.

Holiday notice. mua is popping middle of April "Ah huat pl" will be taking a break for 1.5 weeks from the 12th - 23rd April 2010" those who require opks & hpts place order in advance thanks for your attention. as such courier services will also be suspended during this person & till i go back to work after July 2010.

Pre-order status – payment now to secure opks coming in within 2-5 days. (especially if u need then within the next 2 weeks )

AH HUAT PTE LTD – opks & Hpts

Email me to order: [email protected]

Hope PACKS $3.80 – available (7 units)

5 hpts

MINI HUAT PACKS (UK) $13.70 – pre order

15 opks

5 hpts

HUAT PACKS (UK) $19 – Preorder

25 opks

5 hpts

*opks - Ovulation strips.

hpts-Home Pregnancy test strips.

Where not mentioned Opks are 20 miu = High sensitivity opks. Hpts are 10 miu ultra high sensitivity.

Prices include local postage within Singapore.

Those transferring from non POSB/DBS banks please contact me earlier as the interbank transfer will take longer – I do prefer to mail out only upon receipt of payment unless you are a regular.

Unfortunately no meet-ups please. Courier can be arrange from $6-8+ depending on your location for urgent deliveries.

BASIC LESSON ON TTC

CD is Cycle Days, counted from 1st day of your AF (menses). If today is your CD19, it means it’s been 19 days since your AF came.

DPO is days past Ovulation. Usually we O about 12-14 days before the AF comes, this is called our luteal phase. For eg, if you have a regular cycle of 30days and your luteal phase is 14 days, then 30 minus 14, which is CD16, is the day you ovulated. This is why there is the term 2 Week Wait 2WW after your Ovulation Day. Cos if after 2WW, AF not here yet, higher chance of being tested BFP (Big Fat Positive).

The gals here usually use OPKs, BBT and monitor EWCM to help us gauge when we O.

OPKs - When tested positive by dipping the strip into our urine, this means we're gonna O in the next 24 hrs and as the egg only stays alive for 12-24 hrs, when OPK is tested positive, we usually BD consecutively for 3 days or at least, on alternate days. Each strip, bought from UK website, costs about 50cents.

BBT - We measure temp the FIRST thing we wake up with the morning. We need to try and maintain the same environmental conditions (aircon/fan) and take at the same time and sleep for a minimum of 7hrs and try to have uninterrupted sleep and not move about too much. Temp during AF is rather low, temp during ovulation will dip very low, and after O, it will increase. If temp stays high for 2 weeks, BFP is almost confirmed. If temp dips when it's your DPO12-14, AF is almost sure to come.

EWCM - Egg White Cervical Mucus. Try stretching the vaginal discharge using your fingertips nearing your O day. (no, it's not disgusting :p) If it can stretch for more than 3cm, you're most likely gonna O or is O-ing. This is nature's way of preparing our bodies to create a good environment for the spermies to swim better. If you need lubricants, only use preseed (can be bought from local pharmacies off the shelves) as it is sperm-friendly.

HSG: Some gals go for HSG to check if their tubes are blocked, causing the egg to be unable to come out and meet spermies. And for some gals whose tubes are a little blocked, the dye that flows through your tubes MIGHT help clear up the tubes a little.

Egg Scanning: At a cost of time and money and effort, you can opt for scanning of eggs to check if your egg is about to be released from your ovary as this process measures the size of your egg/s. At about 20mm (2cm), it would rupture, ready to meet the spermies.

TCM: Traditional Chinese Medicine. For some gals, their womb might be too cold, lining too thin, constitution too weak, etc. TCM helps to nourish our body, warm our womb, strengthen our health, making it easier, if not better for conceiving, via herbs (either pills/liquid/powder/brewed) and/or acupuncture.

SA Test: It is also recommended that your DH (Darling Hubby) goes for a Sperm Test to check if he has enough healthy sperms to meet your egg.

That's about all for a basic lesson on TTC Hope the above helps!

For more info on the above or other TTC stuff, try looking through the list of useful webbies in my post or, just google

TTC Terms

TTC: Trying To Conceive

BD: Baby Dance (Make Love)

LMP: 1st Day of Last Menstrual Period

CD: Cycle Days

O: Ovulate

DPO: Days Past Ovulation

2WW: 2 Week Wait (After O, For Menses To Come Or Not)

AF: Aunt Flow (Menses)

TTC Methodology Terms

FA: Folic Acid (Taken Daily To Help BB's Growth)

EWCM: Egg White Cervical Mucus (Appears When Fertile)

OPK: Ovulation Predictor Strips (Used To Test If Ovulated)

HPT: Home Pregnancy Test Kit (Used To Test If Pregnant)

HCG: Pregnant Hormones (Detected In Urine If Pregnant)

BBT: Basal Body Temperature

FF: Fertility Friend Website To Record BBT www.fertilityfriend.com

BFP: Big Fat Positive (On Pregnancy Test Kit)

BFN: Big Fat Negative

BFW: Bai Feng Wan

Preggie Terms

BB: Baby

MTB: Mother To-Be

SAHM: Stay At Home Mummy

FTWM: Full Time Working Mummy

EDD: Estimated Due Date

MS: Morning Sickness

BF: Breastfeed

M/C: Miscarriage

D&C: Dilation & Curettage (To remove unwanted or unhealthy pregnancy)

Other Terms

DH: Darling Hubby

EPO: Evening Primrose Oil

KKH: Kandang Kerbau Women's And Children's Hospital

TCM: Traditional Chinese Medicine

TMC: Thomson Medical Centre

Good to get a BBT thermometor from guardian or omron. (guardian around $10 omron around $19+)

TTC tools

Opks

bbt thermometor (2 decimal places)

monitor mucus

chart FOC with www.fertilityfriend.com

pre-seed is just one extra - what's more important is to BD(babydance) on the right day as egg 24 hrs fertile period while swimmers live 72 hrs in your body. - finding the 24 hr GOLDEN window is more important.

hi tiger_baby, vic ma!

tiger_baby,

bbdust wont be able to reply so fast, as she's on leave today. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tigerbb u were saying hi to the very sleepy vic from last nite hhaha!

wah there is so many Tigers now. - anyone wants the TCM list as well?

Holiday notice. mua is popping middle of April "Ah huat pl" will be taking a break for 1.5 weeks from the 12th - 23rd April 2010" those who require opks & hpts place order in advance thanks for your attention. as such courier services will also be suspended during this person & till i go back to work after July 2010.

Regulars pm me for special repurchase prices [email protected]

Hope PACKS $3.80 – available

5 hpts

MINI HUAT PACKS (UK) $13.70 – available

15 opks

5 hpts

HUAT PACKS (UK) $19 – available

25 opks

5 hpts

Where not mentioned Opks are 20 miu = High sensitivity opks. Hpts are 10 miu ultra high sensitivity.

Those transferring from non POSB/DBS banks please contact me earlier as the interbank transfer will take longer – I do prefer to mail out only upon receipt of payment unless you are a regular.

Unfortunately no meet-ups please. Courier can be arrange from $6-8+ depending on your location for urgent deliveries.

hsien bb dust on her ML liao ar?

last nite i had a scare - intense tummy ache i tot cham week 34 only le -heng its just PS pain haha!

vic ma,

hee.. no la.

she went for gynae checkup today.

now once weekly le.

now she's 1cm dilated liao wor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

u also giving birth soon!

read that for #2 or more, will be earlier wor.

hee.. so better pack if not yet hor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ya i had to last min run out buy a steraliser yday cos mine rusty. apparently kept too long. I will give mine away after 12 mths this time!

my to do list is around 90% done.

hihi...hsien...thanks....

oh she is on leave.....

hmmm anyone can help me wat is the meaning of mobilty 6-8 hrs?

Hi Vic ma...u have TCm can gib me...thanks

vic ma,

haa..

good... btw, u opting for c-section or natural birth?

hi brenda! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

if cycle fixed at 28d, counting backwards 14days.

as usually luteal phase is 12-14days de.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

means can start to BD from cd10 onwards.

alt day la. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

brenda

28 days usually what my gynae said to me is BD on the 12th for a boy & 14 if its 30 days cycle which after i went into OPKS (ovulation strips & calculations & reading up on my own cos i didnt really trust her - turned out she was quite right!)

U might want to BD on CD 11, 13 & 15 if u wish to cover your bases (alternate days if possible not consequtive - sperm quality drops & fatigue is a problem)

else u can use TTC tool like opks, mucus discharge monitoring & basal body tempreture (get a BBT thermometor one with 2 dec places will do) & monitor FOC with www.fertilityfriend.com

tiger for u

Recommended TCM List:

Nam Hua Acupuncture and Medical Hall... 440 Race Course Road Tel: 62919275 Doc Koh Lee Hoon Open Tues, 2-5.30pm, 6.30-8.30pm, Thurs and Sat, 10.30am-1pm, 2-5.30pm...

(1) Ban Choon Chan [Jandew, Tubby, Angelkitty, Pinkiemummie, Woofmeow, Vio, Blurlet, Piyo, Dolphin]

Blk 81, #01-636, Marine Parade Central Singapore 440081

Tel: 6344 6718

Business Hours:

Mon-Wed-Thur-Fri: 8.30am-3pm

Sat: 8.30am-3pm

Sun: 8.30am-12pm

Closed on Tue and Public Holidays

(FEEDBACK: My hb & I saw Dr. Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong East 4 yrs ago. We spent a few thousand dollars on her and a Gynae at Glenages recommended by her. We were told that I have PCOS and my hb sperms not good.

We saw them for a year and I did not manage to conceive.

After that we also went through 2 times of IVF. I managed to get pregnant on my 2nd IVF, unfortunatly I miscarriage in my 6th weeks of pregnancy. After my miscarriage, I went to this Sin Seh at Marine Parade. He helped me to 'bu3' my body and I also told him I want to conceive naturally. He told me he will help me but my hb and I must follow his instructions and take the herbs prescribed by him. I'm now 5 1/2 mths pregnant after taking his herbs for a few mths. His fees is much cheaper than JE's Sin Seh and my hb & I only need to see him 1 time per mth.

But you must brew the herb yourself.)

(2) Chee Seng Tong Medical Hall

200 Upper Thomson Road #01-02 Thomson Imperial Court, Singapore 574424

Tel: 6251 3268

Consultation Hours:

Mon to Sat:

9am - 12pm, 2.30pm - 5pm , 6.30pm - 8pm

Tue, Thu, Sat: (Evening Closed)

Sun: 8.30am - 12pm

Public Holidays: 9am - 1pm

the physician there is a renowned one(he's also the director of the Chong Hua Free Clinic - from wat I've heard, it's a place where most physicians hv to 'service' after their graduation). The herbs there are clean too and fresh as the turnover is very high since alot of ppl go there to consult him.

(3) Tai Choon Foh & Co.,

Low Wei Meow, Chinese Physician

Blk 465 North Bridge Road #01-5045, Crawford Court Singapore 191465 (Near Lavender MRT)

Tel: 6294 3008, 6294 5068

Mon-Fri: 10.30 am - 7.30 pm

Sat: 10.30 - 6.30 pm

Sun & PH: Closed

(4) Tan Kian Sing Starrz (BFP after 1 cycle), Sashamama, Purplelace, Webbyy, Jthan, January, Bryest, Kuririn

TCM Healthcare Medical Center

Blk 433, Clementi Ave 3, #01-266, Singapore 120433

Tel : 68723237

Wed,Sun and PH closed

Monday & Sat 930am to 12pm, 2-6pm

Tues,Thur & Fri 1- 5pm

7-9pm

Dr Tan will be on holiday 9 to 19May.Clinic will open on 20May

His Thread on SMH: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/cgi-bin/forumboard/discus.cgi?pg=next&topic=36738&page=330783

FEEDBACK: The two Chinese physicians are recommended to me by a Chinese physician(from China).

Both of the Chinese physicians are holding doctorate degree from renowned TCM University in China. Both of them had spent at least a year in China hospital for clinical experience.

Dr Tan Kian Sing is currently the head of infertity group in Singapore Chung Hwa Medical Institution. He is mainly solving male problem. There is another female Chinese physician who is the head of infertity group in solving the females problem. As I am not comfortable with a male physician, I choose Dr Tan Siew Buoy to solve my medical problem. She is the expert of solving female problem.

I hear a lot of things about some local Chinese phyiscan who is very unhappy if their patient tells them that they are doing IVF or IUI. Some local Chinese phyisican even feel offend if they know the couple going to see another Chinese phyisican.

Both Dr Tans are very open as they are aware that we are seeing two phyisican. Most of time we will ask them to write their TCM treatment so we can pass to the each other. This will help to provide the best treatment for both of us.

Both Dr Tans are aware that we are intending to do IUI or IVF. They advise us to receive TCM treatment for preparing for pregnancy. The womb must be ready for pregnancy. If your body is not in a good condition for pregnancy, there is no point of trying many cycle of IVF or IUI.

FEEDBACK: I have just tested positive last week. very happy indeed. I have been tcc for almost 3 years. No luck maybe because of my age (38). Started going to TCM in Aug 08 (went to Dr Tan Kian Seng after reading about him in this forum). Went thru 5 months(2 to 3 times per mth bef ovulation) of accupucture and taking the power herbs. I guess it certainly make your body stronger. I am very happy and hope everything will be fine for the next 9 mths.

(5) Thong Chai Medical

Dr Tan Siew Buoy or Dr Chen Siew Mei

50 Chin Swee Rd

Infertility unit

Mon-fri

8.30-10.20

12.30-2.20pm

(can register yourself half an hr before consultation time)

FEEDBACK: maybe you can try seeing Dr Tan Siew Buoy,at thong chai medical institute, i'm currently seeing her but for me the prob is my hubby,his counts were low,she asked him to buy the herbs prescribed by her,and he is taking it now but i'm also seeing her and taking the herbs too cos she said it will make my womb stronger to prepare for pregnancy,she will also ask you to monitor your temperature daily to see if you are ovulating...

(6) Zou Yumin TAM Physician & Acupuncturist

Blk 505 #01-2670 Ang Mo Kio Ave 8 S560505 Opp Nanyang Polytechnic

Tel: 64560833

Closed on WEDS

(7) Blk 603 Clementi West St.1

#01-35 S(120603)

Tel:67776765

Mon-Thurs up till 9pm fri ,Sat till 5pm

(8) Ever Spring Medical Group Pte Ltd Magix

http://www.everspring.com.sg/contact.html

Block 42, Cambridge Road,

FEEDBACK: my MIL only trust the one at cambridge rd. cos the sinseh qt famous & every week she have an article on newspaper.

(9) LEE JIN LONG,

68426110 & 68417920

"famous" chinese acunpunturist at Geylang

(10) Ban Choon Wah medical Hall

Address : Blk 157, Serangoon North Ave 1 #01-434, Singapore 550154

Tel: 6288 7439

FEEDBACK: I had tried for baby since Year 2003, went to see few chinese sinseh which is popular in singapore, tried cromid, IUI and Laparoscopy over last 3 yrs of TTC but no good news. Besides that i have retroverted uterus, according to Gynea this will not affect on TTC

After seeing the sinseh at Ban Choon Wah for abt 3mth, finaly get pregant in yeard 2006, and i just give birth to my prince during this April.

Give this sinseh a try, he realy good

FEEDBACK (-VE): The physician,i tink,is the worse physician that i seen.He didn't chk my pulse n my history n straight away jumped into conclusion by treating me as infertile patient.He started to "hard sell" himself by boosting his achievements.He said he is the 1st person in S'pore who teach ppl how to use BBT temp chart to chk wf O.After i told him my conditions(miscarriages,etc)then he said he refused to treat me.On top of that,he even asked me to give him a token after all the lecturing fr him.I took out $10 note n asked him:"is this enough?" n very pissed off n left.

(11) Teck Chua Medical Hall

Ms Tan S.L

Hougang Ave 5 Blk 322 #01-84

tel: 62810373 (call to make appt)

hours: tues/thur 6-9pm; sat 2-5pm

(12) New Century TCMS Healthcare Clinic

Ms Wu Liping

Blk 408 Ang Mo Kio Ave 10 #01-789

Tel 6456 0789

Wed 9.30am - 8pm Sun 9.30am - 5pm

FEEDBACK: i had 3 previous m/c. Went to see my current chinese physician since june this year n am expecting now. Things look pretty stable now for me.

SMH Threads on TCM

TCM Gynae

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/338646.html?1233586962

Note: Bad Reviews on Dr. Tan Lee Kee of Ying Chuan Chinese Medical Hall in Jurong East: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/36738/91215.html?1154530434

For those who're visiting the TCMs above, let me and the VPs know and I add ur nicks beside the TCM names. Thanks!

hsien

I am going for C section again. dont see why i want 2 battle scars. however this time bb abit small can actualy try. if its small enough & got contractions & dialtion more than 4 cm i will consider with gynae's approval for natural.

but previously i had none. only waterbag burst. no show (bleeding) no contractions , no dilation nothing! & she was not even engaged too high up the birth canal lor. & 1 week early.

so going by case theory - this time could be earlier maybe by 2 weeks & maybe no symptoms either?? but with stress of having 2nd child - i wont be surprised if things will hasten alot more this round.

tiger

mobilty 6-8 hrs i am not entirely sure. but my guess is.

it the time it takes for the swimmer to reach the egg.

for this thread we go with around 12 hrs.

so like my case i always BD day opk positive (both lines just as intense on the pee dipping stick) then i BD. BUt i dont take leave immed in the morning to BD i wait till the day is over, my girl is asleep - then we do by the time - we BD could be within the 24 hrs fertility window BUT as swimmers take 12 hrs to reach & swim the egg - we missed the window liao.

so thru trial & error i decided at last (last July 2009) to BD 1 day before! this 1st try with the variation of day to BD succeeded & my last 2 scans my gynae confirms a boy la (what i been trying & praying for)

Hi Vic ma...thanks for yr help.....and congrats to u......yr little 1 goin arrive soon [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

brenda for girl - ok these gender thingy not 100% one hor - but Worth a try la.

cos swimmers last 72 hrs, egg 24 hrs & swimming takes 12 hrs.

for girl you need to do 2 days earlier.

u must find your Ovulation date & try 2 days in advance. Maybe start 3 days in advance for starters. heng heng strike on the 3rd day the last 24 hrs of the 72 hrs window of the swimmer's lifespan.

for boys u must do exactly on the ovulation day.

so u try maybe 2 cycles 3 days before ovulation date, if dont strike try 2 days before something like that.

why the variation

cos everyone's body is different my 2 days before Ovulation could be your 3 days before.

maybe one person's hormones to reach Pee to see an OPK positive is slower than another & according to www.fertilityfriend.com once opk positive you are fertile within next 12-72 hrs -that is from the data they compile from alot of pple all over the world who used their website.

so we went by their rule of thumb most ladies striked. but i still left behind so i must be one of those hormones slower to reach pee & i forgot about the 12 hr swim lor.

so i varied for myself after around 6+ mths of playing around with Opks, bbt thermometors (i didnt have much mucus to monitor) Then i succeed so to speak.

it will take a while & alot of patience. few cycles to get information on your own body assuming your cycle is regular.

after which u narrow out the possibilities & maybe seek alternative help like TCM, get hb checked - all these you might want to wait later.

do take not - the stress on the marriage as a couple tries to have a child. be mindful of this & dont take the fun/spontaneity out of Bding. after all u are in for it becos u love each other!

good noon ladies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] me back from gynae check up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

tigerbaby,

okie loh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i think maybe it meant how long does the sperm needs to meet the egg? or stay inside the uterus?

tigerbaby,

its good to do it lah at least u know where the prob lies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but some guys are a bit paranoid cause its an ego thing.

Wah bo lang ah....

Morning..... HELLO..

Want to ask you girls now we are TTCing but I will be going for holiday to the Great Barrier Reef is there any sea-sick pill suitable for TTCers?? and where can I get it.

Hi vicma,

i tried your OPK & ytd evening tested 2 fainted lines & today also ... does that means that i'm Ovulating already?

Hello Gd afternoon ladies....

hi Vic ma , BBdust can i check with u gers when u are P...do u still come ablt of CM or totally nothing?

Hi Christy, Guardian and those chinese herb shop got sell sea sick pill.....u can try asking the staffs there [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

June

if 2 faint lines it could mean u are going to Ovulate or ovulating already.

u need to cont & record down then u know if there is a surge on which Cycle day or not as well. OPKS from faint to dark to faint also shows a surge the surge day is the day OPK is positive. which means within 12-72 hrs you are fertile.

in anycase if u dont want to miss this cycle you can BD asap already since swimmers take 12 hrs to swim to egg & if u want to another 2 days later BD again.

Tiger

P also got discharge de.

Regulars pm me for special repurchase prices [email protected]

Hope PACKS $3.80 – available

5 hpts

MINI HUAT PACKS (UK) $13.70 – available

15 opks

5 hpts

HUAT PACKS (UK) $19 – available

25 opks

5 hpts

hello gals, some of u are seeing Dr Zou in AMK right? can you share your experience with her? Am thinking of changing tcm dr coz mine is MIA..

vic, i have received the stuff. thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vic ma> i tot opk only shows u are ovulating when test line is same/darker than control line.. faint not counted as it will go darker and darker..

http://www.peeonastick.com/opkfaq.html

n wad if two dark line n do 1 day after tio? Most likely is boy or girl

Alamak! I long time no come in see so many new nicks!

First time users of opk hor, need to agar agar try and error, cos different opk sticks got different sensitivity (currently the ones i seen so far are from 10miu to 30miu), and every gal got a different LH surge pattern. Vic ma's method is to findout what works for each gal and the surge pattern. Once u establish a pattern and the sensitivity required, then it will be easier to time the bedminton exercise... ^^v

But once the line turns dark, it means ovulation is within sight, and best to bd IMMEDIATELY, and do not wait for the end of the day, as time is needed for the swimming harry to meet debutante sally.

no prob esnow.

Opks

Well it needs time to monitor. Most ideal data and rule of thumbs work for most people. Everyone's body is different thus some variations are required.

Some pple only get faint lines. While some get dark lines few days.

I do encourage pple to post their symptoms here for open discussions. More pple can help twig their bd timimgs and reach the strike faster.

Hi, may I know wat is the charges like for Tcm at marine parade? medicine need to boil or powder form and need to call for appt? Hehe sorry for asking so many question..

Back