(2010) 2009 TTCers Moving on to 2010... Come on in!

butter, thanks... shall see how ba..

it's too early to be AF cramps coz AF earliest due is end of next week. nv haf cramps ever so early. super sianz! wondering wats the actual cause nw.

Hi ladies, first time posting here. So glad to be able to find a support group here. Me been TTCing for a year and a half, but only been hearing from others pregnancy news (the 5th one already! among frens, colleagues & relatives) since start of the year, getting disheartening with every month passing....

hi elyna

welcome to TTC 2009!

its ok, im also trying like very hard..haha... it gets disheartening at times especially when during festive seasons or weddings (malay weddings..blah!)people kept asking you if u already have a baby. but then thats life..heh..

hi andreanie,

thanks for the empathy. It just got harder for me these few days as my colleague's wife, who decided to "close factory" after the birth of their second son just a year ago "hit the jackpot" again without any planning. What was so funny to me was that my colleague was sharing that his wife cried when she knew about the pregnancy, and told him he needs to "go tie up" after this.

Yet here I am, "no sound no picture". Been to a gynae check-up 6 months back, was not told anything wrong. sigh.

Hi elyna... all ladies here all are trying very hard. My colleagues are all getting pregnant one by one and i also wish them all the best. Trying hard not to think too much.

But really envy those ladies who have absolutely no worries abt hitting the jackpot. Just do it and TIO.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lucky hor... but i think in another way. In life one gains some and loses some. Even if i fail again AND again, i have to move on. Can only sometimes vent my frust here on the internet.

So gal, do ur very best... dont get affected too much by ppl around you. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my stomach cramps seems to be getting worse... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] no mood to work, feel like taking urgently leave nw.

Been reading some of the posts, tot I'd share my experience for my last cycle, hope it helps.

My luteal phase is 14 days, means that AF normally arrives on the 15th day after ovulation. Last cycle, after some brown spotting on DPO10 and DPO11, and having tender boobs, I decided to test on DPO13 and got a BFP.

Happy of course, but the next two days had some cramping. I never cramp during my normal cycles, and I tot maybe it was my uterus expanding cos of the pregnancy. However, my BBT did not turn triphasic so I decided to test again on DPO15 (the day AF is due) and I got a BFN. Boobs also not so tender.

So i had what you would call a 'chemical' pregnancy, where the HCG level is high enough to give you a BFP, but maybe the egg has not implanted well or maybe the body rejected the egg because the egg is no good, etc, etc, and so the body decides the pregnancy is not viable and the HCG level drops and you have a BFN.

Over the next few days, my cramping continued (actually my body trying to purge the egg). I went to the gynae on DPO17 and he confirmed the miscarriage. He v-scanned my uterus and gave me painkillers for the cramps (altho i didn't take, cos the cramping was bearable). I also did a blood test and my DH did a SA. I then waited for my body to expel the egg.

The same day (DPO17), I started bleeding, like AF but it's heavier than normal AF, and at one point, there was a clear jelly-like clot. The bleeding lasted about four days.

I went back to the gynae a week later and he scanned and and checked everything and assured me that it's just a one-off. My blood test and DH's SA results were fine. The message is that i can conceive so just continue whatever I've been doing and don't worry. He also advised me not to wait and to try again as soon as possible.

Chemical pregnancies are, if you believe what you read, very very common, and most women don't realise they had one because the BFP only appears if you test early and you only see the BFP for maybe one or two days. If I had not done early testing on DPO13 and if I had waited until my AF was due, I would have just gotten a BFN and just go on to the next cycle.

So a word of caution - if you can't take the emotional roller-coaster, then PLEASE DON'T TEST BEFORE YOUR AF IS DUE. I was really really upset and miserable, but am all right now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

If you think you have had a chemical pregnancy, please get a checkup done to make sure that there are no problems. The most common cause is problems with the egg, but there could also be other problems, like problems with the uterus, etc, which should be addressed.

Anyway, to end off, let me assure everybardee, if you think you've had a chemical pregnancy - life goes back to normal pretty quickly. If I count my CD as if my MC bleeding was AF, then I ovulated on CD19, and now am in my 2WW. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Keep the faith!

Hi Pink Pirate, long time no hear! You are back!!! All the best to you yah?

Jappooh: I saw the waterbag at 6 weeks, then heartbeat at 8weeks i think.. So no need to worry.

sigh my AF reported [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] With mother's day round the corner & seeing preg women everywhere makes me sad. Parents chasing for grandchild. Quite disheartening, tired, disappting, stressful!

On the positive side, if we succeed next month, my baby may be either a rat (if born b4 40 weeks) and an ox!

So to all ladies who didnt succeed yet, let's jie you! Shower baby dust on all!

hi bluberi, i think u shld go n see a gynae soon.. cos ur cramps seems to be getting bad.. maybe u shld go tis evening after work. who knws something might be taking place inside n calling for ur attention... better to be safe than sori since we are all TTC-ing...

hi elyna, dun be too upset... i guess most of us here is tryin hard n waitin for good news each month.. we haf to provide support for each other n dun think too much.. i guess its easier to say than to do, too much stress wont help as well.. though i haf been tryin only for 3-4months, i am aldy rather demoralised each month when AF visits.. i guess ur time will come, jus tt it is nt rite yet... work hard....

curiousgal, i juz called my gynea's clinic to check if i shd go down or observe the prob first. my gynea is busy nw so i'm waiting for her to return my call first.

okok... i think u shld go.. cos u haf been complaining of the cramps laetly.. dun delay.. maybe it really needs some attention... keep me posted.... i hope u can haf some good news.. ****more baby dust on u**** be positive

Hi Storeberry! How's smallberry growing? 2nd Trim should be quite comfy now right? Better go for holiday now, later bb come out will be difficult hor.

Welcome new MTBs!!!

Feeling sian at work...so come in to see look see look... and also sian cos waiting for AF to report today...but till now, no sign, nothing... wait for whole day....even wait for cramping feeling... dun even have the slightest feel... sighz..must be too stress over exams..that's why..

butter!!! U R BACK!!! Enjoyed urself right?? How i wish i can go too... might be planning a NY, LV, LA trip ...hehe.. cos i've decided to give up working and concentrate on exams... then maybe ttc for bb2009 may have to take a back seat until i complete my exams...

oh well, i guess that's life... got to choose between studies or bb... and i guess, since studies only left with 6 more mths..might as well gamble on it ... that's why decided to leave job and concentrate for the last semester...=D

Elyna hihi!! welcome!!! Well, dun be disheartened... at least for this year u hear only 5... just this mth alone, I hear 6 pregnancy news... if these goes on... by end of this year... i dun know how am i going to take it... sighz... but cheer up okie??? every new cycle is new hope!!!

piyo!!! *pulls piyo head up from h2o* dun drown urself in h20!! i'll be good... won't touch ur head as wood again... =P so how r u feeling today?? feeling much better or not??? I think a lot of these fly thingy going around... so u better rest more during weekend...have healthy body then can BD for bb... right???

so how's everyone else???

well, TGIF...and it's almost 5.30pm!!! Time to pack up, go toilet, slowly take my time...adn by 5.29pm..ready to shut down... and go home..hehe..

so lots of baby dusts to all!!!

my gynea juz returned my call.. she said it might be either pre-AF cramps or due to ovulation. told me to take 2 panadols. if AF is late den check with HPT.

cutie,

Yes yes... I am back and enjoyed myself like siao!!! Wah... u going to quit the job and be a full time student!! Shiok leh... enjoy ur 6 mths break away from work!! =)

pinkie pirate,

thanks for sharing your experience with us. Makes me learn one more new thing about pregnancy. =)

*hugz*

bluberi,

hope ur cramps are gone by now (5 hours plus later since your last post). take care.

*hugz*

welcome all newcomers....good luck ya...=)

butter...u are back...forum abit quiet w/o u around wor...

pirate..**hugs**...glad dat the tests for u & hubby came back fine...lets continue to jiayou together okie...wat happen to our fantastic four huh.....kekeke

cutie..thanks for the tug to prevent drowning...hehe...anyway im feeling beta le thou the body ache still linger but managable....i was pretty emotional tis morning cos suddenly I thot of our little angel as it is the 100th day...while preparing for work...tears at the brink of shedding...however I hold back & compose myself...went to work & as realli busy today so no time to get emtional & think abt it thus in one whole pc again....=)

hi bluberi,

hope everything's fine for you and take more rest ya

to all the ladies here,

i have a friend who got a degree in nutrition & she has been working in this field for 20+ years. she advised me not to consume supplement which contains vitamin A because it will cause a defect, i.e. "bump", on the back bone of the baby (excuse my layman definiton). the vitamin A should be enough from our daily food. and since vit A can only dissolve in fat, thus an excess of vit A is not good. whereas for folic acid, since it can dissolve in water, even an excess of it still can exit the body thru urine. folic acid can be gained from cereal, bread with grain, potato, etc (those which contain starch and fla). hopefully, the above info are useful!

later if i got other info, i'll post it here.

piyo dear.... dun feel sad... althugh i know i am mentally braced for today... 10th of May... can't get to sleep.... but then...sighz.... we got to be strong ya.... come...let me hug me...hugzzzzzzzzzzzzz =D

butter next time remember... pack me with u...hehe... then i can go shoipping mah.... it's nice to take 6 mths break...cos mentally, i am drained from working and studying... but i'll still be in this thread...hehe... although 2009 bb seems to be out for me...=D

let's hope everyone here gets a bb before end of june!!! lots and tons of bb dusts to all!!!

oh cutie...i noe it's a tough day for u to ride over as well...**hugzzzzzzz** we will stay strong together...jiayou together....**hugzzzzzzz** again....

HI P Pirate: Smallberry has been kicking & dancing.. Few nights ago I felt his hiccups! Now in my 23weeks but tum-tum still not obvious.. Going into 3rd trimester soon.... Take care my fren!

Hi ladies,

Can I ask a stupid qn?

If I O late this mth and supposed to wait for the BFP, when should I test? Since O late, my mense will be late. So I cannot test on my usual mense date right? My O is late for abt 4-5 days. So in order to be accurate, I should test abt 2 wks after my usual mense date?

piyo,

U make it sound like I am very noisy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Ha ha....

cutie,

make sure u hang around and chit chat with us (IF u really decide to stop ttc for this moment). We will miss u if u "disappear"....

We can all go shop shop together when I come back SG next year... =)

bluberi,

I hope u are feeling better today... *hugz*

May,

I also O late this month... I think best is to test 18 days after our O date. =) But some people get BFP as early as 10 dpo...

May Wong (maywong)

agree with butter...and I wish you the best too...

storeberry (storeberry)

so happy for you ...you already got a small berry...

Cutie (cutienottikitty)

exams over? Now you can concentrate on ttc-ing.

Pebs (pebsb)

dont worry...I havent been successful since Jan 08...still trying, and this month we got to get it right, hopefully. My in laws are in their late 70s and early 80s. I think hubby and I got to jia you x3.

piyobaby (piyobaby)

which CD are you at now? Succeeding soon?

butter (butterkiss)

dont see your post on sat and sun....*must be busy* How's your ttc-ing?

So envious that some of u already got #1 and trying for #2.

PiPi,

I just came back from my trip, that's why u didn't get to "see" me around. And normally on wkends, we will be out of the house... It's my "off" days... hee hee....

So, which CD are u at now??

hi butter...

I am on CD7 today....will be trying harder after doc taught me how to do temp charting...now we are not BD-ing till CD11 onwards....

PiPi,

Dun be envious. U will soon join us one day.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY in advance to those who are already mummy of 1!

For dun who are not, lots of lots of BABYDUST to all of you. May all of u join in the MOTHERHOOD next year. Still got time,ya! GOOD LUCK to ALL!

Bluberi,

Every O u will have cramps? This is the first time I have cramp during my O. U take any chinese medication? I heard BAI FENG WAN is good to BU health leh.

May Wong, tis is the first time i've cramps so early before AF.. almost 2wks before wor... so wondering if it's ovulation cramp or AF cramp

butter & all...

i also realised that temp charting, its better to do oral temp charting...i tried taking armpit temp but the temp is very low (like 35.x) all the time. I switched to taking oral temp on CD4 and its more normal looking (like 36.X).

mmm ...af reported today after 1 wk late..tot i got baby dust showered on me .. ...nvm gotta work harder tis month yeah ...babydust to all

Hi all

Anyone do notice that there is a new women clinic at AMK hub (by TMC). It's located besides the food court. Doctor is Michele.

Any comments?

Hi Sharon,

My AF also reported today...ya!! let's all jia you together!! New cycle, new hope again.

Babydust to us all :D

Babe,

Never notice the new TCM clinic in AMK hub..sorry!! no comments.

Hi gals, I am new to this thread. Thought of joining this topic to give me some moral support. I have been TTC for past 1.5 yrs. Got a miscarriage at 8 wks last yr, after that menses has been quite irregular. Went to KK for checkup, and they suspect that i am not ovulating, so asked me to try Clomid. Prefer not to try, so i went to see TCM at clementi. He able to regulate my cycle and now my menses is back to 30 days. Think his acupuncture is quite good. But yet i hv not be able to conceive successful. He told me that most of hte couple got pregnant after 2-3 cycles after seeing him. So this is my 2nd cycle, really hope that i can strike. But my temperature doesn't seem very high. For those mother to be, did anyone of you do temperature charting, what is ur temperature when u find out its BFP?

You know at one point, i got so desperate that i even engage feng shui master to do a full audit of my flat. =).. haha think i really resorted to all methods that i can find. Think it may be psychological, we did some changes as per the feng shui master recommendation, and now i am getting my bonus and promotion soon... Wish me the best if my arrangement of bed also help me to conceive this cycle hehe.

Baby dust to all of you!!!

Hi mummies,

Happy Mothers Day !

I'm new here and really need some advice from mummies here..

Went to see my gynae(after positive results from test kit) and did a transvaginal scan.During the scan,my gynae saw nothing in the the womb but instead we saw that there's two eggs in my left ovary.The sizes are bigger than the other eggs.Gynae mentioned most likely might be having twins.But I'm quite confused..isit too early to determine that whether its twins or not? But my gynae confirm that I'm pregnant.

Any mummies can advise me on this?

Meanwhile still waiting till thursday for another scan to confirm.

Hope, hello! Don't be discouraged yar... keep going!

I think there are a few of the ladies here doing BBT. When I tested BFP, i was at 36.68. But I had even higher temps than that before without any BFP. So I don't think you can say any temperature means sure preggie lor.

Hope, hello! Don't be discouraged yar... keep going!

I think there are a few of the ladies here doing BBT. When I tested BFP, i was at 36.68. But I had even higher temps than that before without any BFP. So I don't think you can say any temperature means sure preggie lor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Good luck! I'm sure that you'll strike very soon!

Hi ladies!!! I'm back again...=D

how's everyone's mother's day??? well, my wish for mother's day is for everyone here to celebrate mother's day for themselves next year...=D especially for those ttc-ing for 1st bb!!! So jia you!!!!

piyo how r u feeling now??? recovering??? hope u recover soon... rest more okie?? and drink more water... dun think too much abt 100days.... =D i've survive yet another may 10... =D was super duper irritated thruout yesterday and this morning and afternoon... but after a nap this afternoon...i'm alright..and now, i guess i'm back to my old normal self..=D

Pipi...my exams over liaoz... hopefully can pass and left with 2 more papers end of this year... so for ttc-ing, i guess have to wait already... most prob postpone it... =D and also, i have decided to leave my job to concentrate on my exams...so i guess this is not a very good time for me to get pregnant..=( but cos of all the stress of work and studies... my health really gone down the drain...so hopefully i'll get my health back and be able to get a healthy bb..=D

butter!!! *hugzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* of coz i'll stay here and chat with u all.... cos i can't wait to hear the next preggie news from here...=D and maybe... when the ttc-ing for 2010 baby thread is started, i may see all of u there again trying for ur 2nd or 3rd child... =D then u will all be expert mothers and i can get all the tips i need from all of u liaoz...=D

schnappi... u new cycle again??? that's good...means new hope... i just want my AF to report, then i can start a new cycle too... mine suppose to start same time as urs... but somehow it's been delayed... 2 days late... but i think it's still too early to use OPK.... and i think it's not a very good time for me to get pregnant now... sighz... crossroad ...

Jappooh, i've got a question to ask u... cos u uses babydust OPK to test right?? and it came out -ve... so how long after that did u test again and it comes out +ve??? cos i know that i O late this cycle... so not sure if my case will be similar to urs... or just that my AF is super late this time...

a very big HELLO to all the ladies here!!! Good luck in this mth ttc-ing!! and tons and lots of bb dusts to all!!!

hi ladies... the cramps are really bads nw.. i woke up total 5times last nite due to the extreme pain. tis is the worst i had ever had. going to doc later.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Back