(2010/12) December 2010 MTB

Debbie, yah lor that's what I thought 6-in-1 was, right? The 5-in-1 plus Hep B.

I'm taking the package from my GP. He's just opposite my block so easy to get there. $340 for the jabs at 2, 4 and 6 mths plus assessment. He says that the pneumococcal jab is now compulsory but the PD at the hospital said it's not?

Hi mummies,

ANy bb here drinking S26? I have 3 tins of 400gram S26 Stage2 milk powder (expiry date: 19jan2012) for exchange to similac stage2. Pm me if interested thanks

Andrea, with my first one, when I went back to work it was 'off-peak' season so the mood was quite relaxed. So I was quite lucky in that sense [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but I still called home about twice a day to check on both my daughter and my mum (and to see if got food at home or not haha). But it was nice to have someone (other than husband) to go home to at the end of the day. No matter how shitty the day was, the moment you see your child, give them a hug, see the twinkle in their eyes...all your troubles forgotten.

Now with my son, I was already not at work a month before the delivery and am taking 2 months no-pay leave after the 4 mths ML...think it's going to be a very tough adjustment for me.

Hi everybody,

this past week I've been trying to chase this person who sold me these clothes. She has not been replying my emails, calls or SMSes.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5080976.jpg]

Based on her description, these are "mostly going out clothes,(about) 30 pieces..all very good brands...No stains or whatsoever." <-- cut and paste from her email. I paid $30 for them.

Do you all think the clothes I got fit the description? I'm looking for some opinions, some viewpoints in case I've been jumping to conclusions about the seller. Thanks...

Hi mummies, anyone feed only breastfeeding n menses came already? Mine came yday. My bb currently wk 12. I wondering if anything is wrong with me.

Dbaby, hope ur CNY feasting has not made u add on to ur 4kg!

TenQ, with my first girl, who was only partial bf it was almost a year before I got my period. Breastfeeding should delay your period but it's not 100% reliable...some mums can get pregnant even.

If it was me, I would observe if the duration is about the same as my regular period and if it happens again next cycle. in the meantime i would double up my bfing efforts :p

Would like to exchange two similac Mum $3 vouchers for some nipple cream ( sample size or actual size). Pls pm me if interested. Thks.

Wow seems like most Mommies had an enjoyable cny with cooperative bbs. I was ks haha I onli went out for 6-7 hours max in a day for visiting so I will be able to come home and express.

Andrea, u are back to work so soon. Tomorrow I'm bringing Ethan to his nanny. Aiyoh I can't sleep. feel so fidgety. I will be there with themfor next week depending on how he fare but I feel so...... I dun have a description. Is this normal or I'm too ganjong haahah.

hi mummies, sorry to interrupt, I m from the july 2010 thread . I have the following to sell , please PM me if interested.

1) a BN Lansinoh HPA lanolin for breast feeding mothers. 2Oz. $13\ expiry sept 2011

2) Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags 25pcs. BPA free $8.50

Andrea/crystal, i read somewhere it is called seperation anxiety. I am gg back to work mid march n i am already feeling it. Think by the time i knock off work bb will be still sleeping. Then when we wake up to go to work bb will be sleeping too. Wonder if bb can still recognise us loh. Cannot get to see bb smile at me when she wakes up... So sad.

Roz, ya loh i tot most pple get their menses only after they stop breastfeeding. I will monitor n see if it is regular loh. I do find my milk supply dwindling.

Roz/tenq, aiyoh separation anxiety? Goodness me sigh didnt expect myself to feel this hahha. Oki I guess it's a nec step sigh. Hope later today everything will go ok. gave up on trying to sleep.

TenQ, maybe it's not that your supply is dwindling, it's already become established to meet the demands of your child. I found that after a while my breasts rarely got engorged or leaked as much as they used to but still am able to nurse.

When I went back to work after my first child, I dropped my girl off at my parents' place every morning. I had to leave without her seeing because she would start crying.

After a while, the moment she stepped into my mum's hse, it was as if I didnt exist lor. >.<'" but I was glad there were no more morning dramas. But what to do...

Anyway, ask you all, anybody go dentist at polyclinic before? Do I call to make appointment first or just walk in?

hi mummies.. do ur baby always cry after feed? mine do.. not sure what he wants.. he cry i very hard to get him burp out the gas. any advise?

do you change your baby diaper then feed or feed already then change diaper?

do your baby drink water at this stage?

im still having my menses since i given birth. something wrong with me? my baby is now 7weeks old.

pauline, are you bottlefeeding or nursing? when mine cries after feeds usually i will latch him on again for more. if still crying, I would try burping, or changing positions.

maybe he's still hungry or maybe he really got gas. you can try burping in between the feed rather than wait to the end?

i change diapers when i need to..haha. like i know the pet pet one he's using tends to get soaked quite quickly so i will change every 2-3 hours. if he's wearing drypers usually can tahan longer so he wears those to sleep.

Babies at this age don't need water. Their only source of nutrition now is milk. If you give them water, it will make them full and then they will drink less milk, which then means they won't get the nutrients they need to grow from the milk. Check your baby's urine, it should be clear or pale, which means he's sufficiently hydrated.

pauline, mine doesn't cry after drinking. Sometimes she will make high pitch noise while lying down...then i know she needs to be burped again.

I change diaper mostly when she poos which can be 3-4hrly in the day.... at night i use mammy poko for 7-9hrs and change only when she wakes up to poo... if she doesn't poo regularly i try to change her diaper 4-5hr. I don't tie it to feeds leh.

I don't feed water but my cousin keep asking me to. She says if not next time bb won't like the taste of water and won't drink.

My bleeding for after delivery lasted 4-5weeks... but currently I am having real menses...

@Roz: i bottlefeeding..he had enough already.. once finished, sometimes dozed off but usually will start to cry when i trying to burp him.

@TenQ: mine will cry till red super red.. he will like hold his breath. ur baby still good.. poo every 3-4hrs.. mine dun.. sometimes 3-4days no poo. do you encourage ur baby to poo by making the sound.. or she auto poo?

could it due to colic?

i change baby's diaper before feed cos if i change after his feed, scared he will vomit out his milk. and i don't think he sleeping then change is good ba..

from my understanding, colic is prolonged crying..3 3 hrs a day, 3 days a week, 3 weeks in a row. does your boy fit the description?

pauline, my bb will make the gek sound and raise her legs. i will remove her diapers and put her over the potty and make the hmm hmm sound. she will have to gek a lot before shitting. I think she burns a lot of calories shitting.

tenq : how come u put bb over potty?

my bb poo a small amt 6 to 8times daily n i akways cahange evertime he poo so can use

up to 10 diapers a day. do u mummies chsnge the diaper even if little poo?

Mummies very upset now, asked MIL to clear she stuff in the fridge so that my maid can clean it. She always keep a lot of old and expired stuff inside there. To my horror later, she threw away 2 of my baby's medication. One for flu and the other is Iron (pd said he must take)

Initially when i ask her , she still deny and said why would she take baby's medication. Then after further probing, she said she dunno and I must tell her. what the ^&*(*&() , she shld have asked first before throwing rt? Its not just a waste of money but my bb has no iron till next Mon 's when going to see PD. Damn pissed.

On another matter, I bought a box of 2 new Tommee tippee bottles , but my baby doesn't like it, prefer the old pigeon bottles instead.

Original cost is $21.90. Will sell at discount. One of the bottles is still brand new ,original packaging, any mummies interested pl PM me . Will give the other bottle away as well , only used 3X.

Description:

2 tommee tippee bottles

2X 260 ml/9fl oz

BPA free

Anti colic plus system

0m+ onwards

Effective against colic (Super sensitive anti-colic valve)

Heat sensing tube ( helps to gauge when milk is safe to feed

Flex & stretch (softer silicone teat)

Unique bottle shape (mimics the position of breastfeeding)

Enclosed the link here if you want to know more about the brand.

http://www.tommeetippee.us/bottle_feeding.html

hi mummies, my bb at wk 6 now.. on BF.. my bb always "vomit" milk after feed.. and sometimes "merlion" out the milk.. is this common? i try to burp him after latch but he will resist it and keep moving ... recently he keep crying even after feed .. esp at night... even if i carry him also no use...

Sharon, sometimes this kind of things happen. Want to be angry also no use coz medicine throw away already and can't recover. Why don't you give the PD a call and see what they say?

Rachel, some reflux at this age is very common. As long as baby still gaining weight, it's harmless and is more of a laundry problem. You can try keeping your bb upright after feeds or prop up his head if lying down. Even as I type this my boy just spat up all over me -_-'l sian...

Hi mummies.. I am back in Sg after a short trip back to KL.. goodness.. to think I was grumbling 3 days are just too short to spend at home, this trip, it felt like eternity.. to start with, hb fell sick 2 days before CNY, fever came on and off at the weirdest hour, but he was fine the day we drove back to KL.. zaizai was well behaved in his car seat too.. till we reached home.. MY GOODNESS!! the hb fell sick again, with fever and cough.. zaizai was cranky the 1st day, he was startled to cry by motorcyles passing by, the dad's coughing, my mom chopping chicken, what yes and what not.. he couldn't sleep with us coz the dad's coughing kept making him startled and cry.. duhz.. and so at the end of the trip, to think I was actually "thankful", the trip was short.. best part, came home, he was cranky for another good 15 mins coz he couldn't recognise the bathroom... DUHZ DUHZ..

TenQ: my menses came too.. but quite short, like 3 days..

Hi Mummies,

I'm a new dad on hand with my baby. He's borned on 1st Jan 2011 this year. My wife and I have plentiful of questions to ask around. Firstly, when we brought him home, it was quite normal like normal crying and when hungry or need to change diapers. But lately, he gets cranky. During the day, he will not sleep and try to stay wide awake wheneve we patted him to sleep. Even after feeeding him BM or FM, he will vomit it out. He has the habit of not burping even when we pat him on his back. When we patted him to sleep, he can't fall into deep sleep. His eyes will not fully close and out of nowhere, will cry very loudly till his face turns red. We tried to calm him down by patting him, or talking to him also no help. We suspect that it could be wind/colic in his stomach. We even added "RIDWIND" into his milk to aid his discomfort. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks.

hi mummies! Hope everyone had a good CNY. This CNY for me was different but very tiring! Baby always get cranky before his last night feed if he is brought to crowded place.

Re: vaccination

Yesterday i just brought my boy for 6-in-1 vaccination at a GP in fernvale sengkang area. it's even cheaper than polyclinic. So far no fever. Hoping that it will stay this way. And me and hubby decided to buy vaccination package. Any mummies here doing all the vaccinations for baby? Like pneumococcal, rotavirus, chicken pox and influenza? Some ppl say better to not do the optional vaccinations actually but since i'll be starting work in the early childhood industry when my baby is almost 1 year old, i felt that it's better for my boy to be vaccinated in case i bring home germs to him..

stephen, i think your boy has a lot of wind and the symptoms sound like colic. Continue using ridwind or dentinox. If he is not burping even when you pat his back, you may try changing different positions to pat him, like put him over your shoulder to pat his back etc.. My boy burps the fastest when i put him over my shoulder. If he still does not burp, you try carrying him slightly elevated for a while before putting him flat on the baby cot so the milk can flow down and stay in the stomach. It's also common for baby to have reflux, sometimes also due to a weaker oesophagus or something if i am not wrong. If the crying does not stop, you might want to consult a PD too. Btw, when you feed him using bottle, what bottles are you using and how long does he take to drink his milk finish?

Debbie, we're going to do pneumococcal, rota and chicken pox for my #2. Maybe give my girl her pneumococcal shot as well, she's 3 now so it one jab only, I think.

Stephen, good job on being a hands-on dad. My husband is also very hands on and I'm so thankful for that, especially with the baby around. Sounds like your boy is starting to be more alert...they will sleep less during the day as they get older. Anyways I second Debbie's suggestions to you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

stephen, my boy had e same prob as yrs except he sleeps after feeding. I con't to give him ridwind but colic doesn't really goes off. So pd asked me to mix friso comfort with e fm i'm giving. It really helps in his vomitting, colic and pooing. Mixing is 50/50. Now so far so good... But one thing u must bear in mind is tat no matter how long it takes to burp him, u've to burp lor otherwise bb will feel uncomfort.

rachel, my bb is week 11 also regurgitating milk after feed... sometimes when we burp him, sometimes during her sleep, sometimes when she is wide awake and moving around, sometimes during pooing. I was worried at first...then now gotten used to it. After feed always put a hanky at her neck. She perpetually has a hanky around her to catch any vomit.

littlepigpig, trained by CL and we continued the practice coz it works for her. She can poo a lot at one time. sometimes will have a little bit of poo on her diapers if she fart. I will use wet wipe to wipe it off and put the nappy lining (meant for use with nappy cloth) if the diaper isn't very wet. One day change about 4-5 diapers.

Stephen, my bb also went through that stage. No matter what must try to burp. Sometimes I try 15 min still no burp, put her down she starts squeaking, then i bring her up to burp again. Usually works. Got a period of time she also cannot sleep well, will suddenly wake up and cry. I think it is colic. So gave her dentinox for a few days and seems to help. Now like seldom have that problem... maybe she has passed that stage (hopefully).

bubbly, bb need time to adjust to new surroundings I think. Initially when I shifted her to my own bedroom to sleep (earlier on I sleep seperate room with her) she also can't sleep well. Look here and look there like not familiar. Your menses also came? Mine quite long... now 6 days le. I still thought I can save on sanitary pad for 1yr! haha

littlepigpig, I changed diaper when bb poo-ed so hv used up a lot of diapers le.

Rachel, my bb oso at week 6 now. During and after each feeding, take time to burp your baby. Try to keep him upright as well. At times, my girl'll fuss after feed if not dozing off. We take turns to cuddle & soothe her down. Sometimes, it took us past an hour to get her calm down.

Stephen: My girl oso have lotsa wind. We apply Ru Yi You on her tummy, back & feets. After feeding, we'll do colic massage for her after an hour if she's still awake. Then burp again. We'r thankful to hear her farting .. which means air is coming out.

Hi stephen, welcome on board.. we have a few dads in this thread it seems.. :) perhaps baby is colicky, other than Debbie and Lilsunshine's suggestiong, I would like to add that our PD taught us not to mix Ridwind in the milk, as the ridwind is supposed to cummulate small bubbles into one big one and burst.. if add into milk, it'll do it in the milk instead of in bb.. so, try to feed bb with ridwind before feeding.. lie bb down and disperse ridwind to the side of the mouth, then use hand to manually open and close bb's mouth so bb swallow it.. good luck!

TenQ: same here.. thought I could save on sanitary pads too hahahaaha...

stephen, my boy is born on 30 dec , 1 day earlier than yrs. Your problem is exactly like mine, i brought him to the Pd and was given ridwind. But i dun see much results after using for 4 days alreadi. He is still crying a lot.

Can i check if ridwind or dentinox can be bot outside without seeing Pd. That visit to my Pd cost $112!

i didnt really burp my bb as he latch on me... also even if i try to burp him, his neck will be so "harden" and refuse to be on the sitting position.. thus esp for night feeds, i just let him rest a bit before i carry him bk to his cot...

mozmoz: wat's colic massage?

btw, mummies, my bb poos " foam bubbles" ... it like he got a lot of wind and the poo comes out in foam type... anyone also experiencing the same thing?

anyone has good recommendation for GP at east area? time to bring my bb for vaccinations... decide to opt for GP instead of PD ...like to give him the 6-in-1 ... and heard polyclinic doesnt have ... only 5-in-1 type

TenQ, yr baby took how long to pass that colicky stage. Its a nightmare for us and we feel so helpless when he cry so hard. My baby can also squeak for hrs from 4-7am. When i try to pick him up to burp or carry he will start crying very loud. So dunoe whether to carry him or just let him squeak :p

rachel, is it green? It could be due to foremilk imbalance...latch longer on the same side to make sure he gets lots of hindmilk too.

My GP has vaccination packages...he's at Tampines Central CC. Personally, I can't stand his receptionist but he's alright. You can check out his website here: http://www.karrifamilyclinic.com.sg/

hi all!

wow it feels like i've not been able to log into the thread for ages... miss everyone. hope you all had a good CNY. like some of you, this time round I also didn't look forward t CNY. it was hectic and so tiring bringing two little ones without extra help... glad the visiting is over!

Debbie - i recall you got a good boob massage lady who came by to help with your engorgement right? can i have the contact? will also PM you. so far it's been good until last week when i got a nipple ulcer, or bleb if you call it that. cleared already but now it's recurring and causing me pain. been trying to clear the duct but couldn't. so painful [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] or if anyone has other contacts for LC or massage pls let me know.

anyone doing fuill BF-ing? does your little one get hungry faster? mine can ask for milk 2-3 hours, sometimes even under 2 hours. only occasionally can she strwetch past 3hours...

i'm doing full BF... yap...my bb ask for milk abt 3 hrs interval.. but many times can be one hr, or 2 hr intervals.. sometimes bb keep crying...so get him to latch on and he can latch for 30-45 mins .. i wonder is it because there's no milk so he get hungry easily ...

but recently he can stretch for 4-5 hrs ... once a while... i happy if he can stretch that long at night... but at daytimes.. i will wake him up to drink... if not , when he wake up... he will cry like mad...

yvaine: if i'm able to latch like 20 to 30 mins, then bb can stand 2 to 3 hours.. If abt 15 mins, abt 1.5hours.. 10mins worse, 1 hour only! but then it depends also, if he's fully awake or pooed, then duration shorten...

Rachel, maybe it's foamy coz poo under high pressure. LOL. My boy has very forceful poo..it was loud enough to wake me up from my sleep.

His poo is also mustard yellow (my husband will not eat mustard for a long time) but very very watery these few times. He poos about once every 2-3 days.

His farts are very, very smelly. Poor me, am almost always on the receiving end. But you know what they say, better out than in...

breastfed babies will all their own poo pattern. Some will poo after every feed (change diaper until very siong), some like my daughter, once went 7 days without pooing.

To me, as long as still active, gaining weight, no fever, they're happy, I'm happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Rachel, my baby's poo is mustard in colour too and he Poos around 3-5 times a day! I use diapers so quickly, at least 8 diapers a day for him.

Hi Stephen, my baby is born On 28 Dec and he's experiencing regurgitation too. We try to burp him for longer and numerously but he still vomits some milk out. Read on some websites that it appears to be normal to regurgitate and it is actually good for baby as it clears Excess gastric juice. Try carrying and patting your baby when he/she's not well to help soothe him/her.

Re immunization: I am wondering if I shld go to my PD, he's ex though as he's based at gleneagles. Not sure if experience makes a difference for the baby :p

I think it's important that you have a doctor who is familar with your child within easy reach for you. Coz imagine if you have a sick child, you don't really want to go very far.

As for the jabs, they're all the same vaccines so some docs charge consultation fee when you're just going for a jab, others don't. So where the vaccinations are concerned, it's more a matter of cost.

Rachel, you just move your hand in clockwise strokes accross your baby's tummy and then bring her legs up to her tummy.

There are several videos on youtube .. you can browse & see wat's it like. Do this when bb is calm .. if he's crying, the tummy maybe too hard for any comfort.

Roz, my bb's fart is oso loud & stinky. She oso pass out foam type poo at times.

Back