(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Sharon - ya my bb LS after drinking the Si Sen brown rice powder.His poo turn greenish and super watery.His normal poo is like mustard col.so now i onli gv him organic rice porridge.and jar purees.

enmummy,u mean i buy organic brown rice powder?

Koori-i put my maid n bb with my mum from sun nite to fri nite. i m a wkend mummy. so far so good.everyday w/o fail,i will go to my mum to see,play with my son and put him to slp b4 i go back. at the sametime,do some spot check [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].

Babywonder: butternut squash is also creamier compared to pumpkin. Pumpkin's texture is lighter and smoother whereas butternut squash is heavier and thicker. It's a shape of a ground nut.

Clover, Enmummy: Kumara is an orange-fleshed sweet potato, and often confused with yam.

Chloe,

Not sure if it's allergy. Maybe the particular brands has too much fibre or ingredient that your baby digestive system not able to process.

Your baby more than 6 months ?

I suggest that you wait till 6 months and then try other brand's brown rice. But do note not to try any other new stuff a few days before, this is so that you know if got LS, should be caused by the brown rice. If that's is really the case, you might want to check with your PD whether baby has food allergy and whether need to take allergy test to see what baby is allergic to.

Jovialz: thanks for info. I shall try it this time. For my girl, I skinned the apple till she is 2. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Orangebb,

think Jo answered yr question. I put unsalted butter into my brocolli. After first taste accquired I will mix it w cauliflower n use it as creamy pasta sauce. I used annabel karmel's weaning book as my guide

Jovialz, does brown rice cereal harder to digest than plan rice cereal? I was told of tat. So it's better to giv bb first cereal plain one?

Jo,

Do remember to wash very clean (under running water) or buy organic ones to ensure no pesticide.

Soaking veg or fruit in a bowl / pail etc does not remove the pesticide. it might cause more pesticide to be absorbed into the veg / fruit. So best is wash under running water.

Cherry,

Not too sure of that. My understanding is brown rice has higher fibre content. With sufficient fluid, it should help better with digestion. But it might be more heath compare to plain rice.

jovialz: i also visit this website for info sometimes...thanks for the link...i certainly don't want an "orange" bb..hehe...after taking butternut for 4 days i am giving her banana porridge cereal over the weekend for a break...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cherrry: i heard from my mum that brown rice is "heatier" so give bb more water or so...

chloe: maybe you can try healthy times brown rice cereal or any brands without the si sen first...if your bb takes it well and no LS then the other ingredients in your si sen brown rice powder may be causing it and not the brown rice...

talking about apples, this week ntuc has NZ organic apples a pack $3.25 i tink....so qiao next week going to let my bb try apples! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

enmummy / Jo (jogwyn) / Jovialz (jovialz) , thks alot for the helpful info! phew!! Every stage ain't easy for us..hhahah.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jovialz: thanks, will do. Will probably get those fruit wash and use a toothbrush to wash them before steaming the apples. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

clover (julyclover) : Thks alot! Shall try it out for my bb ger soon... In fact, i tried givin her broccoli mix with carrots and she's ok but the poo poo is nt as watery like before after i intro this food to her, is it ok?

Chloe: i let my boi try his first Si Sen Brown Rice this morning.. but onli one tablespoon with warm water.... and i just feed like that... he is ok so now will monitor.... i heard from my neighbour her son also LS but according to her is the son ate too much... so i dunno what is define as too much.. since first time i just tried one tablespoon and Monday going jab le so will skip tmr and will try again after his jab n see hw....

Mummies.. since i just tried Si Sen Brown Rice today... can i then blend apple puree for him tmr? cause i scare if he will be allergy or LS on the cereal?

sharon > many mummies say better to wait 3 days b4 introducing anthr new food.

Introducing solid:

So exciting whn I read so many mummies intorducing solids liao. Haiz...my mum insist tat I wait till aftr 6mths. And she is gonna buy the si sen brown rice for him too. I think it is also gd lar. Cos my boi recently don't wan2 drink milk again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Don't knw why.

Babywonder, it's a wonder u can understand my post. Typo no thanks to iPhone. Hehe. As the baby starts on solid, it's normal to have a change in poo texture. Sometimes the food bits doesn't get digested as the digestive system can't handle it yet, dun get alarm. At this stage, better to introduce 1 type of veg at a time only.

Check out wholesome baby food link as given by jovialz.

Sharon, why dun u wait a few days b4 adding apple? Chinese herbs are treated with sulphur. I'm squeamish abt additional non- food ingredients.. :p

Sharon - so how's ur bb today? ok after the si sen brown rice? tat time, my bb sat went for jab.1 day b4 the jab,the whole day i onli give him milk. coz if bb cough,flu.cant take the injection.So playsafe,i gv milk onli..

enmummy - i got u..juz bought alot of ceral porridge,will let him finish tat b4 i buy the brown rice.

Anyway any mummies feed their bb with jar purees? can i noe hw much do u gv per feed? i gv 2.5 teaspoon and bb seem to be always asking for more.m i giving too litte?

clover (julyclover) : haha..can understand ur post la..haha... I just bought avocado n the butternut squash today,gonna let bb try tmr.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

babywonder: like what clover said, i tink its better to intro one type of veg/ fruit over a few days...when the veg/ fruit clear the allergy test then you move on to another veg/ fruit...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] well i can understand your excitement and anxiety in letting bb try different foods...haha...but keep it simple in the beginning stage...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

chris: also good to wait till 6 months la...your bb's digestive system will be more ready to take in solids...meanwhile you can start reading up...

i also notice bb poo more "sticky" after taking solids...not so watery as before...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sharon: if I'm not wrong that brown rice si Shen powder that you are using has to be cooked or rather simmer over fire. Just warm water is not enough. Maybe that's why diarrhoea?

And I suggest you either start with a new cereal first or prepare the brown rice powder cereal properly and feed again? The bottom-line is 1 food/fruits/veg at a time. Even brands, dont take it for granted that as long as its cereal, you feed.

For me, I would hold variations till much later- after my bb is ok with all the single foods or fruits. Like that it's easy to track should there be allergies.

Babywonder: still can keep. I hope the avocado you bought is green and not brown? And hard? If yes, then can keep it a few days, just leave it at room temp. 3 or 4 days later, it should be just nice for you to start. The squash can be kept for 3-4 days too if stored properly in the vegetable compartment.

enmummy & Jo (jogwyn) , thks for the advise! Yes,the avocado i bought yesterday is green n hard..haha..so i dun need to steam d avocado after 3days n i can feed bb ah? thks thks

Babywonder: 3 days is an estimate depending on how ripe ur avocado was when u bought it....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] to feel whether it is ripe press the avocado gently with ur finger...if it dents slightly it shud b ripe liao...

Raffety cereals : saw raffety cereals (wet pre-packed one) at ntuc today. They r having Aussie fair, so it's going for 2 for $5.95. Bought 2 for my girl to try before I get my sis to stock up when she comes back for winter break. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chris: no need to stick to one brand but for initial tryout period like now, use one brand at a time. When you are sure bb is ok with the different types, by all means, feed what you think is good.

Mummies, i'm thinking of skipping the nite pump. Meaning I'll pump at 11.30pm n next session is 7am.

For mummies who does such schedule, do u find that ur milk supply decrease or the 7am pump will b more?

Going off to work now n I miss my baby very much. Y must he wakes up b4 I go off to work n gav me such big lovely smile.

Although i have spent 2whole days with him during weekend, but its jus not enough. Wish baby is in my arms

Hi OrangeBB, my last pump of the day around 11pm-midnite. The I sleep till next pump at 7am. But in between if my baby wakes up at 5am or 6am, I latch on. And will still pump at 7 am to empty breast. So far, I find it works for me cos I get the sleep needed to go work. Not sure about the supply though but morning will definitely have more milk than other time.

OranGeBB> me also like hpc. previously my last pump around 11.30pm-12am, then next pump around 4-5plus then 1 more around 7am before i go work. But occasionally i overslept the 4-5plus pump. then since last wk i started to test by skipping the 4-5plus pump already, same as hpc, if bb wakes, i let him latch & still pump in morning around 7am. the milk's definitely more but its not like doubled as it'll definitely reduce. i usually gets about 160-200ml 4hrs pump, but if i pump at 7am which is like 7hrs, i do not get 400ml. u have to gradually stretch yr early morning pump before straight away from 11.30pm to 7am. maybe u can start for 3days 11.30pm, 4.30am,7am then 11.30pm, 5.30am,7am and so on?

orangebb > totally understd wat u r experiencing. Bt i guess i m more lucky, as i m clearin my leave nw. So i still hv more time w my boy. Guess tats the woes of workin mum. Bt we really dont hv a choice bah.

Jo > thks! So for diff brands / types of cereals do we also follow the 3 days rule or we hv to drag longer?

Bb hands grab milk bottle :

my boy wil grab his milk bottle n put it into his mouth, bt aftr suckin for awhile, he wil pull out to lk at the teats n put it bk in his mouth again. Bt aftr jus 2 or 3 sucks, he pull it out n do the same thing again. Anyone experience tis?

chris, your bb must have look really cute doing that. holding n pulling out the milk bottle. guess they are exploring their stuff slowly. my girl do that occassionally. i let her 'play' for awhile, den will ask her not to do it if she 'play' too frequent. She seems to have also recongises her pacifier.. she will put it into her mouth herself, and this morning, so cute, she put e pacifier into her mouth with the cap still on. haha!!

cradle cap,

isit too late for bb to have cradle cap now? my girl have some brown stains on her forehead (soft spot) Its been 2weeks, not sure if its cradle cap.

orangebb, i miss my girl too, i'll look at her pic or video whenever i miss her, usually watch her video when i went to pee, so can hear her voice. hehehe!! do u still have left over ML to clear? maybe can take half day?

sorry to interrupt

i have a Pre-Loved to let out..

Infantino-style rider (3.6-12.7kg)

condition 9/10

selling $15

interested pls sms 90283209

Thanks

Chris: No need to drag longer cos should there be allergies, it will show within 3 days; so, yes, follow the 3 day rule will be safe. For me, I think i will make some deductions based on the ingredients. Most will have quite the same contents so I think I can also make some safe assumptions here. My first gauge is the expiry date.

Mrs lee: just apply olive oil on the brown spots. If it's cradle cap, it should drop when you shower. It sounds like it is.

Chris77: yah will wait then... anyway no time to prepare also for him yesterday..

Clover: yah will wait lor... apparently he didnt poo for the whole of Sat... poor him pooed yesterday and the first lot of so so hard...

Chloe: me taking him for jab tonight leh.. whole of yesterday i onli gave milk lor and nothing else...apparently he didnt poo for the whole of Sat... poor him pooed yesterday and the first lot of so so hard...

Jo: that one no need cook de leh... accordingly to instruction just add warm water and mix onli.. the "rabbit" brand de...

mrs lee > Hee, at 1st I find it amusing. bt after smtime, it become fustrating. Cos he cn do tat so many times tat he can't finish his milk, but taks in alot of air! So nw I hv to try ways n means to prevent his hands fr getting his bottle. Bt tat smtimes also frustrate him. :p

Hpc n mummywong: when u skip that one session, do u get blocked ducts? I always confirm chopped stamp get if i drag pump times beyond 5hrs. n it'll b painful lump that can only go away after few days despite massaging it off at each pumping sessions. Does that happen to u?

Mrs lee: i do hav annual leave left. N I'm quitting in 2mths time. Gonna stay at home for 6mths b4 looking for another job. Been trying to fatten up my piggybank to survive that few months.

sidetrack a bit... need to let off some steam. I got scolded by a colleague for no rhyme or reason.

This colleague invited us to her housewarming party... so the 20 over of us pooled in $ to buy shopping vouchers for her. In the end only less than 10 people showed up.. but those who were not going, told her in advance, to prevent wastage of catered food.

Today, she called me and gave me a scolding why we didn't gave her vouchers based on market rate. Oh my!! What does she expect? Invite people to her house to make a profit? I was too stunned to rebutt her. Damit

Jo, thanks.. will try [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

orangebb, ic, hang on there..clear your leave to company bb matthew.

piggydog, what market rate is she expecting?? of all ppl, she called to scold you? cos u organise the voucher collation ah?? thats quite mean of her..

OranGeBB> heng (touch wood) i didnt encounter blocked ducts when i skipped that session and i gradually increase the duration over time so think that's why the breast/body got used to it. so think u have to gradually do it over few days or a week else u might be engorged? or why not u first start with drag to 5hrs for 3days then 5.5hrs 3days then 6hrs and so on? i do wake up in between to latch IF my bb wakes (not always)..

piggydog> yr colleague really siao leh..scold u for nothing

Mommies, just wanna share abt carrying bb to sleep.

My bb finally can sleep without needing to be carried!! Whoah so happy hahahaha. He was so used to be rocked in our arms since newborn (blame MIL :p) and evenmore put in yaolan, so had to rock quite hard for him to go to sleep. Very tiring la.

Then since about a week,we carried him to sleep and tapped his butt in rhythm. Then 2 days ago, we started to put him on the bed when he was sleepy and he cried big time, but we kept tapping his butt and both of us whispering to his ears, "it's ok, it's ok, we love u, sleep ya" hahahha. And holding his pacifier in his mouth, so wouldnt fall. He cried for about 5 mins and then finally fell asleep tired.

We have been doing that since the last 2 days, and it always works!!!! This afternoon, only cried for a min or so, then straight away sleep on the bed. No rocking or carrying. WHOAH!!! hahahahahh i'm just so happy. This make the days so much easier! :p

Chris> yes my gal did that too. She tend to play with her milk bottle after feeding taking 120 ml of milk.. Then, she will play with the milkbottle for the balance 30ml. Initially, I tot she dun wan her milk when she pulled out the teats. I was suprised when I saw her holding the teats n bring it to her mouth. And she will tried to grab the bottle..

Hi mummies, long time nvr log in here coz super busy in ofc plus no access from ofc.

Orangebb, I asked my cousin (she stays in US), she says last time there's a converter for Avent pump to other bottles. But now no more. She dun see it ard anymore. Think coz meddle or ameda more popular there or something...sorry, I'm of not much help here...hehs

Piggydog, your colleague very funny leh. She invite pple to the house is got ulterior motive one ah? She was even expecting a gift...

haiz, I also don't know why she called me of all the people... maybe because out of all who attended, my position and hers is the same bah.. the rest are mgr levels.

Then she said that the person who collected the $ for vouchers was out to sabo her and let her loss $. What she doesn't know is ... the person who collected the $ is our boss.

Siao!! Now I am kicking myself why I wasted my Sat going to her hse!

OrangeBB, I used to wake upw ith painful boobs that were hard and heavy that I had to hold them up when getting out of bed. Then remember once I tried to go on a milk reduction campaign? After that incident, milk supply dropped drastically and breast always felt softer, no more hard hard with milk. BUt even though supply come back better, it doesn't get that engorged like last time.

Back