(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Happy CNY to all Oct/Nov mummies! Wishing everyone a prosperous and smooth sailing year ahead. May we experience great joy seeing our little ones grow healthy and well!

koori, have plenty of rest and avoid drinking milk.

Chloe, thanks woh! My current tube is finishing soon, so got to look for new one. I will pm you.

Nelotte, did my diaper wrapper reach you before the promo ended?

Happy CNY to all !!!

Happy Ocean,

The only way to maintain supply is to pump as often and latch whenever possible. My No. 1 feed at 3 hour interval and ionly on one breast (thus each breast is regulated to produce 'full' at 6 hour interval) thus I latch and pump (clear both breat) before leave for work. At lunch time, pump both side. At tea break, pump to clear one breast. When home, I'll feed the other breast.

Baby wonder,

No menses for me when I'm breastfeeding. It only came when I'd stopped breastfeeding my no. 1

Thanx vallous and chris for yr comments. Will start the bottle soon. Hope she can adapt to it.

Just came back from CNY dinner gathering at my grandma's place. I think its haywire! So many relatives want to carry my gal, in the end she is overstimulated!

Come back home dun want to sleep, Only manage to make her sleep at 1am! My gosh, that is over her sleeping hour!

I hate the naughty boy who try to play with my girl by snapping their fingers outright at my girl's face and this frighten my poor baby. In the end my girl is cranky and the stupid kid keep singing "She is a crying baby, she is a crying baby", and imitate the crying baby action!Feel like slapping the him and ask him to shut up!

Worst still, that naughty boy's mum didnt punish him and even let him carry my girl! My hubby and i were super piss!! How can that auntie let that boy carry my baby? A pri sch kid cannot handle a baby! And that skinny boy doesnt even have the strength to carry, he only want to play!!

Please do not treat my baby like a toy. She is NOT a toy!

Sorry for venting my frustrations here, cannot stand the relatives who keep telling me what to do when my baby cries! I am the mother, i know best! Cant they just keep quiet and let me handle? They cant even discipline their child and still want to tell me what to do. Ridiculous right? Sigh....

sianz lor, my boy voice sound hoarse after just 1 day of visiting lor and he seem to be coughing slightly. I wonder is it due to too much cny goodies or kena spread by my MIL lor. Then I purposely told my parent off for letting him eat too much cny cookies, but hb stare at him coz he know I do think tat it might be due to his mum lor.

But cant blame me for thinking it is due to her lor, coz she is sick and coughing away and yet not automatic enough to wear a mask and keep wanting to carry my gal lor and I cant reject her lor. Like today she offer to carry my gal so tat we can hv our lunch then nx thing I think I heard her coughing away lor. Just hope my gal will be ok lor...

Haiz!! ILs! Was w them tdy... I think i a bit phobia let my mil take care of my son...she never listen!!

For e.g when she often comes to my hse last time (b4 i make huge complain that now she comes only once a wk), i've told her MANY times not to use a basin of water to wash baby butt. Its dirty! Eventually she'll be washing the baby butt w the dirty water wat!!!!! N few times she still try to suggest basin when baby shit. Then after that no more such suggestion. Then tdy when pai nian at her place, baby poo, n she bring a basin suggesting wash baby butt with that! OH MY GARD!! Is it that she never listen or she got memory lossssssssss?????!!!!!! ArrRrrGgggGhhh!!!!!!

Think i trust my maid to follow my instructions more than her but yet maid still a stranger afterall.

When i return to work, i BET mil will come everyday! But 3mths later i intend to stop work for half a yr when baby in btw 6mths to 1years old. I need to find a way to prevent mil fr coming too often again. I guess kick another big fuss. I cringed everytime i think of her! Especially for those who know my mil follow me to my last visit to gynae office eventhough i told her MANY times NOT too! Everytime i think of that, i get very agitated and angry! Urghh!!!

I cant sleep.... Wat if during that 3mth when i work, she come often to my hse n keep insisting to use basin of water eventhough we r washing baby butt at the tap now.

Hi, mummies,

Happy cny to all mummies here! Wish you and your family healthy, happy and lucky !

I just went back to work this Monday. Miss the time with babies at home.

Hi, nelotte,

I was going to post a message about interest to hire the transfer maid you recommended, and saw message that she was taken. It's hard to find a good and trustworthy maid.

Pat pat mummies who hv mil blues...so sian rite? My mil oso nothing good to say...bb had a 10 min crying fit during reunion dinner n i walked ard the house trying to soothe her...she commented that there is no need to be kancheong...n the irritating sil keep following ard where we go...please la...i m trying to calm my bb u keep following n staring...damn sian...

Bluesoda: my bb drinking 120 ml now...can last her 3-3.5 hrs interval...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Enmummy> I understand how u feel. I'm quite sian too.. My bb needs to be rock to sleep, so I brought along my stroller n trying to push her to sleep. My mil kept stopping us from pushing her. Said we r spoiling her.

My bb too taking 120ml now. My relative kept saying we r overfeeding her. Hiah

I am on the opposite end..it is my hb who is unhappy with how my mum takes care of the bb. I feel so sian and caught in between.

Sorry if I am offending anyone here as I sing the opposite tune....do consider abt your hbs' feelings even if you are really unhappy with the mil. Sometimes I can't wait to start work and stay for OT.

Thanx Jovialz for sharing yr pumping routine. I will try to be diligent and pump when i go back to work.

Babywonder: I also have no menses when breastfeeding. Maybe u will like to check with your doctor.

enmummy: I understand how u feel. It happened to me yesterday too, when my baby cry, the relatives will start ordering me what to do, and sit there and expect me to make my girl quiet in an instant. Impossible loh! Dont they know that baby needs TIME to quieten down?

Any mummies also experience the same situatuon like this?

Btw any mummies here use bumbo seat for yr 3month old baby? Can a 3 month old baby learn how to seat at this stage? is it too early? Thanx!

bluesoda, I am feeding my son 120ml to 130ml of enfalac and bm he is having 140-150ml why the diff cos fm more filling

Btw just while expressing bm I notice blood but I dun feel pain why? I throw away that bottle of bm cos cannot bear to let son drink bm with traces of blood. Any idea why is that so ? And what must I do ? Can I still continue expressing ? Any chance of recurring bleeding ? I surf net they said it is normal and can let bb drink the bloody bm 0_o

Hi mummies,

ANy bb here drinking S26? I have 3 tins of 400gram S26 Stage2 milk powder (expiry date: 19jan2012) for exchange to similac stage2. Pm me if interested thanks

Ptb, check whether it is your nipple/aerola bleeding, or whether it is the "inside" capilaries that is bleeding.

For me, my aerola bleeds for almost every pump during the initial 5 mins. I just wipe it off and make sure that the blood doesn't flow into the milk bottle. I will apply nipple cream, it will help in healing...until the next pump.

Hi mummies,

RE:CNY Woes....

For me, its the relatives, grandparents who are so so enthusiastic to carry baby even to sleep. And it comes with the swaying, patting, walking up and down. My FIL can hold my baby for over an hour and she sleeps soundly. When he put down, she cries, so he carry her again. And its very hard to have to keep telling those relatves esp those from hubby side not to sway or rock baby. Say already, then later I catch them doing again cos its also a natural instinct. I hate it but no choice. I just came back from a friend's house and I put baby to fall asleep on her own in a room. She didn't cry and was trying to soothe herself to sleep. A friend went in picked up baby and carried her out, telling me baby never sleep, open her eyes. I felt like slapping her cos she repeated this a few times despite me telling her to leave baby alone. Cannot tahan

Jovialz: hi! Welcome back! Hope your mum is better? I have tried putting my bb on the bumbo seat but can't do it for long. Don't think they are ready yet but it's a good training I think. I normally put the bumbo seat against a back rest and sit my bb on it. He seems to like it. I only put him in for 10 mins then I put him on a gym mat to stretch his back.

piggydog: which wrapper is yours? I forgot hehe

tubao: yeah good and trustworthy maid is very valuable. I actually got lobang to find good maid. But depends on availability I guess. My church is Indo church and got a lot of maids and I know most of them and sometimes their family member wanna work here etc etc. Sometimes they also want to transfer becoz their employer dun want to let them go to church. So I guess I will post again here if I know any maid wanna transfer.

hi mummies, regarding inlaws, i hate it too. its so bad tat i feel regretted getting married and got myself such inlaws tat i cant click when i can chat and laugh so well with other aunties and uncles!! i always wish and dream for v clickable mil and yet i made a mistake in marrying into a family tats not. i feel bad thinking abt it but i just cant help it.

CNY woes: i insist to go home at 8 so baby can go back home to wipe down and get to her usual bedtime. only during her nap hour which we r at inlaw house, fil keeps carrying her despite me saying she's making noise and unhappy tats bcos its her nap time! then he still carry her and walk ard, and talk to her say: why? sleepy ah? want to sleep ah? ........... and carry on abt it. argh. i cant even bother to talk at all now when im at their place.

nelotte, do u happen to knw if its possible to get a maid temporary for 1mth? my hb is going for 1 mth reservist and im on my own. v stress and scare i couldnt handle. suppose my aunt wanna ask me to take her maid but she's preg suddenly. hee..

Nelotte: mine is the huggies M wrapper. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re: bumbo seat

I put mine on the seat for 5-10 mins. Will support her head because she'll sway a little. I will let her watch tv during this 5-10 mins as an "incentive". Realise my gal is a super tv addict. Her head and eyes will automatically go towards the tv direction... so now we can only watch tv when she's asleep.

Bluesoda, my BB is feeding on enfalac between 100-120ml. Still at times he can't empty the bottle, will normally leave 10 -20ml behind.

These days, my BB tends to sleep alot!! And doesn't wan to drink milk, any mummies experience this? He will nap for 3 hours, then not wanting to drink milk though already past his feeding time for more than 1-2hours. like today, he drink at 9am, then we went Malaysia. He slept from 1030 to 2pm, I fed him when he awake, he only manage to drink 50ml then

sekali he merlion out. After the clean up, he sleep again from 3 to 6pm, and he only drink 60ml.

Wonder any mummies darling is experiencing this. ONI wana sleep n dun wana drink..

Oh yes Jun. I wanted to ask this too. My bb was feeding on 120ml on every 4 to 4plus hr and there's a few times even going at 150ml and asking more. Jus I thought it's time to increase her feed, she suddenly decided to drop her intake even lesser than 120ml. I'm getting worried too. Any mummies can advise?

If we r still using 150xweight formula, my bb is drinking only abt 2/3 of wats needed.

Happy Ocean: Welcome u to our discussion.. We share & we learn together .. 

Breastfeeding

Sorry help can't u much on this too as I'm partial bf n my boy take my ebm from bottle but now my bm supply is going down too ...once awhile I will latch him .

cherry.. u just need to vent it to other ppl.. it will make u feel better... i do it all the time [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i live with my inlaws and no doubt they are very very nice ppl, but i get annoyed at my mil and her way of "thinking"... she also ask the stupidest questions like "why is he putting his hand in his mouth" everyday or two (note my mil was looking after my sil kids and they are only 1 1/2 and 3 yo.. dont tell me the other 2 kids never put hand in mouth?? isn't this part of their motor skill development???)... then she also say things that makes me feel incompetent and do things that really annoy me (eg, trying to wake my son up when he is clearly sleeping)

i am just looking forward to the day housing prices drop and we can afford our own place...

meanwhile i will continue venting ehehe...

Cherry: I learnt from my SIL that bb in 3rd mth will sleep alot... Maybe could be this reason that ur bb prefers to zzz then drink.

I dun know mine is it like that too, or could be cny period very noisy he could hv peace of mind, can't nap properly also, last evening super super cranky...but I knew he very tired Liao as he simply 'tuck' his head onto me when I carry him like 'Do Not Disturb' sign!! Hahaha... But I can't simply ask pple ard to soften their voice mah... No choice he has to go thru it.. Poo boy!

Flin, I really don understand why it is jus so difficult to click along w inlaws. Maybe cos they think we r stealing their son away. For me I'm really bad. When married we don hav house and I tell my hb I'm not going to be preg till we got our own unit. After staying at his place for near 2mths I ran back my parents place lo. With tat every weekend while staying with him I also go back my parents place to sleep. I really admire all of u who stayed with inlaws. It's really not easy and u girls can do it at least better than me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bluesoda: my boy switch from similac to enfalac... Now he is taking 160-170ml per feed. He could finish all but break into 2 or 3 parts but if it is his first feed then he could finish them all in 1 shot. Of cos, occasionally, will balance 10-20ml of milk. I always tell my boy if he cldnt finish is okay dum force himself ...there are times he spilt out milk after that abit from side of his mouth, dun know is it I didn't burp him enough or what...??

With this much of milk, his interval is abt 5-6hr per feed, unless he wants somemore then I give 60-120ml again...if immediately after feeding I give 30ml more ... If 3 hours later will give 120ml. That day he 1 shot drinks 190ml!!! I was so surprised he finished all n asked for more then I told him no more.... Then he quiet down.

Jun and cherry: my boy recently also taking lesser milk but lasting much longer too... not sure the reason why too... last time 3 hrly he finished all his milk now sometimes 4-5 hours he also never ask for milk. he sleeps much more recenlty becos he is tired due to the house visiting and going out.

cherrry : Im staying with my in-laws too (they are alright at times) and im staying with a bunch of SILs too!!! Can u imagine the stress I have?? Sometimes its so hard to make these ppl understand certain things as well, and sometimes in order nt to let my hb feel bad I feel sad on my own.. And fyi, there are 2 unmarried SILs and the other one will only shift in 5yrs time..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] In fact its our hse so we can't chase them away right? I hv so much to do at hm too.. Ppl keep saying faster faster hv another bb, but how to when the whole hse is occupied and we only hv a room to ourself (and its the smallest one!)

Fedup at times but jus hv to keep quiet... Can u imagine all the comments they made the things they do which u dun like?? I was even more stressed out during my confinement... and I dun even wanna think abt it anymore..

I think it does takes alot of patience and u really need to keep cool else end up killing ourselves.. (Im still learning and coping)

Any mummies here having colicky baby, ie cry at certain time everyday? How to solve this colic issue? I fed ridwind, gripe water, massage tummy but stil crying

My baby started sleeping longer hours this CNY. Maybe she was exhausted from all the moving around.

On the 2nd day, she drank at 7pm and then didn't wake up to drink till 4am. That's around 9hours! Previously, the longest she had lasted was 7hours. I've increased her feed from 150ml to 170ml every 4-hourly.

Lately, I find that I am expressing more milk than she can finish so have to store more. Maybe I should credit my MIL for this oversupply. Cos she always give me pressure by asking 'how come my expressed milk is only just enough, no extra??' So I started pumping more frequently, every 2-hourly around 110ml and baby started drinking less frequently - every 4-hourly 170ml and ended up supply more than demand.

My MIL not very encouraging of direct latch on cos she worry that baby doesn't drink sufficiently. Their generation did not breastfeed so they are not very in the know about breastfeeding. Think she secretly also worry that baby not used to bottle make her it hard for her to take care of baby when i go back to work.

This makes me very stressed cos i have no evidence to prove to her that direct latch is more than enough for baby and is in fact better for baby. During CNY visiting, some older folk commented that direct latch is more 'nutritious'... so I hope my MIL gets that into her head. Now that I not back at work yet, still can give baby direct latch.

I surrender.. Before this I totally against yaolan.. But now I think yaolan is a magic. Swing for 5 mins baby can fall asleep, no need pat and walk around, no even need pacifier.. I should have give her yaolan earlier and she no need to suffer from not enough sleep n become cranky. Just feel motherhood is really not easy and it's a tough journey..

Anyone can share about the colic? Any solution? Thinking of going to see PD tomorrow. I feel so stressed to handle her when she cries non stop for half an hour. Today is the second day alr.

May I know bb wil start grow teeth in which month? My mil said my bb cries coz growing teeth. Bb is only 2 months plus, quite impossible ba?

Jano, r u sahm? If not, don direct latch all the times.. This few days I latch directly and found my girl is refusing bottles.. Worst I'm the only one can comfort her when she's crying coz she starts recognize ppl n Im too close to her as I alw stick to her. Now slowly introduce bottle back to her, if not other wil have hard times to tk of bb and also heart pain when bb cries..

Now I slowly realize sometimes old folks' advise are reasonable. Before this I alw against their opinions coz I do alot of readings on how to tk of bb. Now i think their advise are in fact v true, those are just text book n dead words.

Hi Nana, no i'm not sahm... going back to work in april. Hmm, I will probably latch her 1st feed in morning and last feed at night. In between, leave it to MIL to feed her the EBM.

Its an irony.. we want our babies to be close to us but yet we dun wan them to want us too much such that we have no time for ourselves. :p

Pacifier - i started giving her after she was 1 month cos i didnt want her to cry too much such that she would get too agitated and vomit out milk. But during this CNY visitng, some pp did encourage not to use pacifier too much. And it spoils her look when baby is dressed up nicely and sucking a big pacifier, ha...

About the yaolan - i guess cos my baby doesn't really have problem sleeping so I won't encourage MIL to use it when taking care of baby. Also, don't want her to get used to the rocking motion such that she find it difficult to sleep without it. During my CNY visitng, pp did comment that my baby can sleep quite well - it was so noisy at their place and baby just carried on sleeping in the stroller.

Michele, Jen, thanks for the feedback at least I know is ok. Cos her total feeding drops. And now it took longer for her to finish her milk don't knw if the teat is too slow for her now.

Babywonder, I understand abt those sil too cos my frd shared w me too. Sigh.. Glad u r learning to cope nw at least it won't be so stressful for u nw but it's really not easy. It's hard to keep telling ourselves it's ok forget abt it as everything jus keep pressing into us.

Nana, my bb had colic at ard near 4wks old and we fed Dentinox for her. She did screamed alot and looks in pain which made me really v heartache. PD also hav nothing they can do except to feed colic drops. Books say they will last till ard 3mths old. Mine outgrow it abt 8wks old. And it's a sudden thing tat it will jus stop and u won't even realise it.

Would like to exchange two similac Mum $3 vouchers for some nipple cream ( sample size or actual size). Pls pm me if interested. Thks.

Nana- bb will start teething when they r ard 9 mth old..

i suppose its not teething la.too early.mayb he cry becoz he is hungry? did u try increasing his milk intake? or gt wind in the tum tum..or is he telling that he is too hot/cold.try changing his clothes.

agree with u tat yao lan is a magic tool.haha.

gave to my boy when is is ard 1 mth plus.but now during cny,i cant go out too long hours coz my boy tend to look for his yaolan and cant go into deep slp...

living under the same roof as mil - i believe tat i cant live with mil,hence i told my hub tat unless we haf our own flat,otherwise i wont consider marriage. now ,i m contented staying in my small nest.haha..

JanO-ur maternity leave so long ah? awww i m goin back to work end of feb..hahaha..after a long 4 mths break,i feel like the break continues..and end feb dun arrive so fast.

re teething: it's possible to start teething early. Teething is a loooong process....and the tooth will finally "show up" on the gums months later. I have frens, whose bb's teeth started showing at 4 mths. My #1's first tooth started to show at 6 or 7 mths (thereabouts) but she started the teething (waking up middle of night & crying when sucking bottle/pacifier when she's been sleeping right through, lots of saliva etc) when she was abt 4 or 5 mths old...It's hard to say lah. different baby, different. Sometimes have to go with our gut feeling - mother's instinct. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi nana,

When my bb had colic, her crying is more than half an hr. Stop a while when not so painful then cry again when the pain comes.. It's like a cycle. Scary to even think of it.

Since u r bfing, Maybe u shld look into the things u eat if all the remedy fails. Diary pdts u eat or drink may be diff for ur bb to breakdown. There r a list of food besides diary... Check it out. For me, I suspect it's the similar mum I took.

cherrry (cherrry) : Its always like easier said than done right? Ultimately the stress level is still there... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Sometimes jus hav to "Ren Ren

Ren" Its oso v frustrating to hv those ppl keep saying n asking why this why tat, then say bb naughty la, fat la, say bb hair stand will b v naughty la, ask where u go la, sometimes even purposely say something which they wanna indirectly translate to me, etc... isn't it abit over?? I really wanna faint sometimes... I jus need some space and decent support...

Teething

My #1 cut his first when he was 4mths. It was bad for me. He woke up every hr n my hb was away on reservist. Hope my no.2 will have it easier for me.

hi mummies, sorry to interrupt, I m from the july 2010 thread . I have the following to sell , please PM me if interested.

1) a BN Lansinoh HPA lanolin for breast feeding mothers. 2Oz. $13\ expiry sept 2011

2) Lansinoh Breastmilk Storage Bags 25pcs. BPA free $8.50

Nana, my bb had colic for 2-3 days.. I fed him colic drop.. he cried non stop for more than 30mins.. it happened during his 5th week..

These few days bb quite cranky, maybe due to the busy house visiting and he's been carried the whole day by my hubby's friend.. she offered to help us to take care of bb while we can play MJ n relax awhile, its very nice of her.. so I also cannot say much.. hope bb will adjust back asap!

Thanks mummies for replying on colic.

Cherry, Ur gal colic last for a month, sounds scary ho.. It's so heartpain to see they cry and cry for non stop.

Jewel, I didn take diary products.. Don know what did i eat. Is softdrink consider? I stop drinking alr. Can I ask, if I stop eating someting tt caused colic, wil colic stop? If not, I wil consider to stop bf n give formula Liao.

Csi, there is white colour on the gum (don know how to describe), is this the sign of teething?

Clover, Ur boy every hour when teething sounds v painful. Hope Ur gal wil be easier for u.

Hammiebao, the colic drop you used is it ridwind?

Thanks again for helpful mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Blessed Joyful Chinese New Year to all Mummies & Bbs! Gong Xi Gong Xi!

Wow.. it's been a long time since I last posted though I've been reading to keep myself updated whenever there's time.. am on OWO since late Dec after confinement! Hope all mummies & babies r well!

Nana: I've been using ridwind too and it's working great for my bb who is very seldom colicky now... have you tried burping your bb in different positions?

hi mummies, happy new year! i'm from sept thread... i have 1 set of 2 oz baby cubes to let go...new but washed. letting go 1 set cos i bought 2 sets but my mum doesn't like to use it... -_-"

collection at city hall during lunch hrs/ clementi/ cck. pls PM me if interested. thanks.

Nana: i didnt do food elimination to find out wats the exact food tat cause it... Since My BM fall by half n I going back to work anyway. So I just stop bfing n give FM. Bb colic stops after 2 days. Not saying u shld stopbfing but U can try 2 days full FM n see if colic goes away. If it does, it probably the food u took. I use ridwind too...

Hammiebao: I think they r over tired? too many ppl ard, too noisy n too much distractions n too many ppl wan to carry them so they can't fall asleep. Mine keep making noise (but no tears type). Finally when we leave ppl house, she just KO on my shlder. :p

Nana, can't imagine leh...hehs....does that part of the gums feel harder than the other parts (without the white white)? It may be teeth trying to cut through. In any case, since she's crying and crying, she will also end up swallowing some air into the tummy anyway. So why dun you just try the ridwind first, to help her get rid of the excess wind she ends up swallowing when crying so hard...Afterall, if it's really teething, there's nothing much we can do but give the teething rings (those type can put in freezer) or apply teething gel. Personally I dun like the teething gels coz have to keep reapplying. It just numbs the area so they dun feel pain. Jia you jia you...

Re diet and BFg: My gal will have lots of gas when I take dairy products and bf her. Now that I'm not taking milk anymore, she has very much less gas. Not sure if I take Similac Mum, will the gas return or not. haha. I still dun dare to try. Nana, generally, if you stop taking a particular food that cause gasiness in bb, it will go away. Softdrinks (carbonated drinks) can also cause gasiness in baby...cabbage or 'white' vege too.

Back