(2010/11) November 2010 MTB

Lee Hong: Maybe you can try talking to them or ask your husband to do so. I understand exactly how you feel. I dun think I will let my MIL take my child, not even if my child wants to. I am the mom, not them.

Hammie:

I see....whole or sliced, I'm still gonna eat, hehe!

ML (Marvliz):

I think my baby has same things on her butt as your boy and have also asked the same question as you...waiting for other mummies input. So far I'm using Drapolean, hope it will work. Also trying to chage her diaper more often. Another way I thought of is to air her butt, but I don't dare bec she always sabo us - pee or pee on changing mat! So I put fresh diaper under her butt but don't secure it first for like 3-5 minutes.

Strawberry - I always use hot water to sterilize my pump parts and bottles whenever sterilizer not available ie, in office and my mom house. I tried the tablet once and find the smell too awful so I forgo using it anymore.

i told my HB that they can actually leave my no 1 here. my mil is here helping taking care of no 1. i understand she wants to go back home as now is sch holiday. but doesnt mean my girl has to follow her. i told my HB, my HB said, he dun wish to aruge with his mother anymore. think he quarrel with his mother over my BIL. sigh... he also poor thing lah.

now i just keep quiet. noone talk to me, noone telling what happened. asked my HB, he refused to tell me. too pissed off. my mil also show black face to my hb. sigh.. tense atmosphere. think i have just to give in for coming 3 weeks that my girl have to be with her 24/7 although i am damn sick of it.

i can only go back after i get my no 2 passport done.

OranGeBB: I did mine at The Studio Loft

http://www.thestudioloft.com.sg/

My fren did hers by Sean Lau.

There are quite a few but think these two are the more popular one. There is also a lady doing it, can find her in the forum, think is Kelly something. But she is getting married so stop taking in appts.

Jollymummy / ML,

is that the BCG mark? understand from my PD nurse tat some of it will grow swollen with pus in it and some will burst by themselves. no need to worry about it and just use warm water to clean it can le.

baby bottle detergent> which brand r u mummies using? i used pigeon brand & find it abit watery, not able to clean well. was thinking trying out other more soapy brand to clean off the milk.

Strawberry_79: i sterilise all my pumping parts together with the bottles and stuff but without the tablets after every pump.

Omg looks like i am not alone counting down days to break free from confinement... hahahhaa

Lee Hong: personally for me i dun swaddle my boi during the day but at night will swaddle him as he sleeps with CL and night time abit cold though without aircon. but am not sure if i will still swaddle after CL is gone??

Jollymummy: haha thanks... i was shocked too when i was awake and my gynae told me abt his weight ... almost fainted.

Strawberry: i uses hot water after washing the pump parts w detergent at nite. Only daytime my maid will sterelise for me. In fact I uses feeding cup to catch the milk that leaks or hand express by nanny on the other breast (am using single pump). The cup was not sterelise n bb is still fine. Need to change new cup soon.

Thanks Faye n Koori. Though bb no longer mini NB n his face hav changed but he can still take photo. Hee!

Diana:

No it's not the BCG mark. It's a cluster of small pimples/dots at both sides of bum area, some near vulva....

Sharon:

You mean you were not awake when your baby was born? Did you undergo c-sect with GA??

PUB: Read you gals talking abt confinement time PUB utilities..hai...me also broke record high. My CL used up 2 gas tanks during 28 days. Buay Tahan. Then after she left my fridge spoiled, not cold. KNS. Paid 150 to repair it. My CL always forget to switch off the tap esp when she rush to see bb if bb cries. I have to rush to the toilet to off it. Then she washed the dishes, water tap run high. The only good thing is she is extremely clean. On the bad side, she washes and washes. My bb clothes are piling high every day cos she changes my boy's clothes like drinking water. Hand towel for feeding baby , she changed every feed. In that case, why not just use tissue then. I havent count the food items we bought, I think apart from the agency fees, the food cost me hundreds each week. Cos she will say this crockery not good, must be another one, plus must buy a particular herb or certain good fish. But luckily my CL doesnt eat all the good stuff my family bought, she will separately eat left over spare ribs in the soup (as i dun eat) and cook 1 fried egg tats all.

washing bottles: I used Tollyjoy brand. It smells nice and is soapy so must be careful to rinse it off well. I soak in a basin of water and just press 1 time into the water and brush. Then i sterilised the bottles in the steamer. I do it twice a day.

Diaper: I used many brands too from Drypers, Huggies, Mamy Poko, EQ, Goon, Pampers. Best is pampers. Cos i reliant on the indicator too and it doesnt really leaks. Some does and its terrible. I hated the sticky tape sound too..bb gets startled.

Hi Mommies, I dunno how to coax my BB to sleep leh.

Like now, he still doesn't wanna sleep even after changing diapers and feeding. Though he doesn't cry also (but making alot of bb noise), so now leaving him in the cot to play himself as dunno what else to do le.

Is that an okay method?? Or should I coax him to sleep before i put him in cot?

vallous> u mean u only sterilise yr bottles 2 times a day and not after each use? is it ok for NB? i thought must be very clean thus i sterilise after each use (but i found it very troublesome to sterilise & sterilise..) which country you going to migrate in Jan? is it because of yr hubby posting overseas or? so the country where u stay have these baby product brands? i dont seem to see tollyjoy in HK.

baby bottle detergent> anyone use NUK brand? is it very soapy?

Mummywong10: am using Pigeon brand as well.. alternatively u can be looking at Kodomo....

Jollumummy: Yes i went for Full GA C Sec cause i dun dare to go for the local one. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Diana

Mine also not bcg mark. My boy already 6 weeks old Liao. This acne thing just appear. Have been using Desitin

Jollymummy

Yours sounds like rashes. Try using Desitin. My boy had that. It went off after one day of using Desitin. Now ig is the acne thing that is bugging me.

Faye

It is ok. What u are doing is called the extinction method. Can try reading the book healthy sleep habits, happy child

Jollymummy

U can also try washing with cohexadine (dunno if spell correctly) last time the doc prescribed that for my niece when she had such spots. But to be safe better check with the doc.

vallous your CL sound like mine too.. i dunno wat other damage she has caused guess i will only know when she left. also mine almost every2-3 days change bedsheet !! she said bb shit or pee on it...err... tot there is changing mat and shouldnt she take precaution already anyway i already close both eyes... and she even confided in my mom that she find it hard to wake up at night these days !! and to think that me and hb already take care of bb until 1-2am ...and day time she could take nap but she choose to watch tv ..who to blame haiz..i think after confinement i ahve to change the glass backsplash cos dunno how she cracked it and change all my cookware ... and as for groceries according to hb..every weekend groceries shopping easily $200+ ...expensive confinement haiz.

Faye i dun coax my bb to sleep unless he cry... normally i will let him play on his own until he tired and want attention then i will pat him to sleep

Jen – Thanks but now I’m in confinement cannot go out leh! It’s ok la I’ll try to see what can I do, I suspect she missed my hb coz yesterday is d 1st day he went back to work because she kuai kuai went back to sleep after she saw her daddy after his work., looks like is daddy sick.

Lee hong: you have my sympathy, but this is not the time to pull your girl out in this manner. The effects are negative. I'm sure your mil looked after her kids without help. Our parents did it without help so can we. Me too, looking after 2 kids on my own, no maid, no parents or ils to help. Occassionally care off older one with my sis then do my own stuffs. Im not trying to say must out do them, maybe compromise for her to

stay put and help look see? I know its not desirable but better than letting her bring away. Your girl need to be around to learn how to love and bond with bb.

Jollymum,

Yur case it's diaper rash. Just apply desitin cream after wiping clean. If very little rash only can use the blue colour tube (desitin creamy). If the rash quite bad, use the purple colour tube (desitin original).

ML,

Your case it's BCG mark. Not suppose to apply anything, not even alcohol wipe. Just leave as it is.

Mummywong,

I'm using tollyjoy bottle detergent since my #1.

Diaper, I'm using Goo.n. At first I thought it leaked cos the back of the diaper feels a bit cold. But when I put a underpad under my girl, it remain dry (except the 1 time where I too sleepy and didn't put on the diaper properly as she kept kicking.) I think its the absorbent material at work. It probably move the moisture away from the baby 's butt and thus the exterior feel a bit colder when touched.it has urine indicator too.

Not bad for $17 per pack of 58 pieces with free delivery if spend more than $40.

Strawberry,

You can consider getting the microwave sterilizer by Avent. I normally pop everything inside and put into the microwave for 2 minutes and leave it there. The item remain sterile for 24hours as long as you don't open it.

ML,

Missed out your last post on it appearing at 6 weeks. The health booklet only say "the BCG vaccination is given over the left buttock. No immediate reaction is observed. But in the 2nd to 3rd week, a pimple like nodule may appear and may become enlarged. There may be a collection of pus within the nodule. This pus may be discharged leaving a small ulcer. You should not be alarmed. Just keep the ulcer dry and clean. It will eventually heal, leaving a permanent small scar. DO NOT put any powder or antiseptic lotion into the ulcer.

Jovialz

Muaks!!! Thanks thanks!!! I thought if after 2 weeks don't have means ok liaoz... Heheheh... Yap. The nodule on left buttock. :p

Ermmm.. Just wondering. For those V birth, any of u hav the air/bubble feeling down there? Usually occur after going toilet... N hav to sit down to squeeze it out.... I hav this prob almost a wk already..... =(

lee hong > thks for sharin the infm, myb i will also use the last mthd. Empathize on ur situation. U mus b feeling quite bad. Bt lik u sy, its gd intention bt done inappropriately.

Mummies

A quick question for those using medala softfit breastshields. Does your breastshields turn yellow at the ring? There seems to be this layer of stuff stuck to it. I sterilize with hot water. Wonder if this is because of the way I sterilize... Erm...

Jo

now seems cant force my girl not to follow her grandma. she alr being pyscho that she will be going back muar. ask her not to go, stay back and accompany mummy and meimei, she dun want. but she doesnt know that she is going with grandma only. she tot me and HB will be going as well. got to explain to her that me and HB cant go this time coz meimei's passport not done. once done we will go back to meet her. now just pray hard that she wont reject me after few weeks back to malaysia.

BCG injection: how come my girl's injection is at her arm leh?

Lee hong: hugs* can understand ur feelings! Try to talk to ur hubby to get his understanding?

Haiz.. There are alw so many issues with MIL.. I don like my MIL as well. She just went back to Malaysia today and I'm so happy since morning.. But I need to see her again in January till march. Sianz!

Yap. Lol. Plenty of probs with mil. Anyway for those of us having boys, next time our dils will be bitching on the forum abt us. :p Hahahaha....

In polyclinic now to do blood test to check jaundice level. Juz passed baby 1 month by 1 day then cannot get priority number, crap right! Waiting and waiting now

Nana- my understanding is if give birth in govt. hosp the jab is given in the arm. For pte hosp,it's at the buttock...

Scubababe- I always tot as long as baby or toddler,cfm priority for polyclinic... Funny policy..

Strawberry n csi, lol..alrite I shall invest in boncho. I wonder if my bb is pampered by me, I notice he prefer my human pacifier compared to rubber one...so I beta get 1 to standby when I bring him out..

Went to nex just now. 1st thing is -find the location of the nursery room...lol mother instinct.inside isetan,there is 1...nice n cozy..

Chloe, I also got myself a nursing cover.. use it when my friends visit n I need to BF.. u can check out the BP thread which sells "wetbag" I think she's selling the nursing cover at $18, and clearance one at $12.. budget!

Nana, wah ur MIL coming for so long in Jan.. just endure!!

I wish my CL faster leave.. haha.. now I seldom see my hubby leh.. cos CL slp in our room so hubby has to move to his mum's room.. sleep on the floor.. after he knock off reach home already 9+.. then 10+ the CL wanna sleep.. then before that hubby has to settle and take everything he need for work out of the room.. we only have less than an hour to catch up.. so sad.. still got 2 more weeks to go..

Bam, the swimming class seems not bad if we can form our own group.. but I want weekdays leh.. unless SAHM interested.. else very diff.. BB swimming class also not cheap!

OrangeBB, I don't have the problem u mentioned leh.. maybe call and ask gynae?

Hi mummies,

I think I will use hotwater to sterilize after the night pump. I also hate the chemical smell dunno why I used it in the first place. Feel so silly now. I gotta get rid of those affected frozen ebm now rather than put bb at risk. Looks like if I'm gg to throw them away there's plenty. :'(

My 40 days confinement gonna be over tomorrow. can't imagine I didn't went out except thrice for gynae and pd appts throughout this period. Hahaha

Strawberry, take the milk to bath like wat u say.. Wow 40 days!! Lol after 30 days, I onli confine to food. Other den tat, I m a normal person..

Hammiebao, I didn't invest in nursing top, so Bo bian must invest in boncho tat cover back n front..N I haf no intention to bf in the long run as supply is low..so invest in 1 pc of boncho is cheaper den buy a few nursing top.. Haha

Nobody hav that air/bubble problem? Haiz! How come mine so troublesome. At first slow recovery, then swollen, then strain n need to hold my v area awhile when stand up, now air/bubble.

So scared of giving birth now.... Mayb go c-sect if hav. Already 10cm dilated, countless push my boy for an hr still cannot come out. After that placenta stuck..... N i forgot to ask gynae y...... Urghhh!

Nana: the staff nurse got ask me if I want the BCG to be on bb arm or buttock.... Gd thing on the buttock is tat the scar (if any) is hidden, bad thing is when they go for checking in school, they have to show their butt. I choose the butt anyway...

Bam: I aso interested but where's the location?

ML, my soft shield has also turn yellow oredi.. realised the soft shield is comfy but not durable.. the hard shield can lasts longer & wont change colour in hot water.

Did a lot of things today, brought bb to bank, to shopping, to visit nanny & then to doc. Now she is tired & sleeping.. ;)

Furni, after confinement my BM seems to have increased.. I can pump 100-110 in 20mins every 3 hrs. Is this usual?

my gal poo almost after every feeding..so we gt to change the diapers after every 3hr..she also gt nappy rash...dunno y...now apply cream prescribed my doc..anyone encounter such prob?

issit ok to poo after every feeding?

jewel

they never ask me leh... they just told me they jab on the butt.. hahahah...

your soft shield also turn yellow. i change one set liaoz.. thought it because of the colostrum.. now second set also the same.. haiz.. thought i never take care properly...

btw, u got use the handsfree? i never use the handsfree that they provide.. too much of a hassle.. i just stuff it in my nursing bra.. works quite well.. hehehe.. lazy me...

orangebb

my placenta also stuck.. there is this condition call placenta accreta (dunno if spell correctly). it is when the placenta has grown into the uterine muscle.. varying degrees of this condition, can cause serious bleeding and will need to have csect to remove if the placenta can't detach. lucky for me, i went for csect. if not, go natural liaoz still got to csect.. *gulps*

Back