(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Alamak, Isaac has an allergic reaction probably to ikan billis. I use it to cook pasta for him yday and then he suddenly broke into hives this afternoon. Was surprise that e reaction came almost one day later.

Rushed back to bring him to e doc just now n rushing back to office now. Wat an eventful Monday.

Gg to stay off all fish n seafood for a while.

Afternoon everyone!

Lilbluey,

If you don't have a maid, the iclebo is really good help. I just tried it for the first time this morning, let it run while I fed baby and ate my breakfast. An hour later, voila! Clean floors! Of course it has some limitations like it can't clean under the sofa and bed if they're not high enough and it can't clean spaces it can't fit into. But it picks up the hairs and dust really well in the general open area. Haven't tried the mopping function yet. Check out the demo and ask them plenty of questions.

Cherry,

The helper cost $838. But if you have a maid, she can do a more thorough job, save the money for your shopping lol!

Dovey,

Alyssa, my cat and I were really fascinated with the new toy this morning lol. All 3 of us were so fixated on it at one point we didn't move for quite a while, just kept staring at it hahaha... Do you know if there are further rebates if more than 3 bought it?

Booboobear,

Thanks for yr reviews!! Was about to ask you and the others who bought it!

I've managed to 'psycho' hb and another fren over lunch just now wahahahaha ;p going to take a look on Wed and prolly get a unit! hee... ;p

Booboobear,

So if my fren and myself are keen to get a unit, who shall we approach to get the additional perks?

TIA [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bluey..yeah i was looking at irobot..then i went to HN and asked the person to demo the navibot.. works the same lor..only difference lie in the cleaning algorithm~

probably put on hold till end of the year,lol my wife's more interested in getting standing steam iron~

Ian,

So yr preferred choice is Irobot over navibot?

I got the steam iron too, but to be honest the novelty wears out after a while and I notice it tends to drip after some time...-_-"

Lilbluey,

Ask them to explain the difference between irobot and iclebo. I asked the same question as well. They used to sell irobot but stopped because feedback wasn't good. When I was there yest, a customer was complaining about her irobot lol.. I also asked about samsung and they said samsung bought the robotics from makers of iclebo. There's a 5% rebate with 3 purchases, not sure if there's more discount beyond that. I'll call and find out and pass you the contact shortly k?

Re: iclebo

Main difference between irobot and iclebo is in the camera/mapping system. One walks around aimlessly and need the lighthouse to ensure it stays within the room, while the other uses it's built in camera to clean systematically.

Lilbluey

If you're interested to get one, tell the sales guy that you're referred by Mrs Leong and ask them to call their boss Melvin if they're unsure. The perks which we have gotten so far for 3 units are as listed above in my post. I'll give Melvin a call to see whether there's more rebates for further purchases.

Dovey,

I just called Melvin, he said just the 5% rebate, no further discount. I gave Lilbluey Melvin's number already.

Lilbluey,

Sorry it wasn't Samsung, it was Philips that bought the robotics from iclebo makers and rebranded it in France.

Dovey/Booboobear,

Thanks very much sharing and the contact no of the person [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Will go take a look at the demo and see how it goes from there!

oops sorry for late reply... Been busy... For the gathering I'm ok wif either 12plus or 1pm... Aedan usually naps like 9+ till 11plus... Then I'll feed him and his next nap is 1plus or 2pm... I'll go with majority and try to plan my time bah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ian,

My bro bought the standing steam iron as well and it's now a white elephant. He said that clothes that are not pre-iron will take like SUPER SUPER long to iron. Its only good if you have already ironed in, put in the cupboard, crumple abit here and there then ok. But straight out from washing machine ... NO NO NO.

Even the boutique ones are pre-ironed and packed =p

Re: Gathering

Too bad working so cant join ... you ladies enjoy!!

Ade ...

Take care!! Hope that everything is fine right now and everyone is taking it well. *hugs*

Ian wants to buy the steam iron?

hee i hv one some time back but threw away cos its useless! only works more for silky materials. cotton materials steam liao oso still crumpled. :p lucky the one i bought is not that exp. so when baby came along, we took the chance to clear it out since we hv not been using n its not useful.

my excolleague has one n he oso complains the same.

ooh there is a new robot brand called iclebo?

i only know of irobot and navibot. recently was considering buying one cos the vacumm at home a bit rosak liao. plus hub has been the one doing the vacumming and mopping ever since i got preggy till now.

so i was thinking of getting one as a gift for our coming ROM anniversary. read reviews for both n in a dilemma. not sure which to get. didnt discuss this with hub cos knowing him, he sure say no. :p

some time ago ask him get part time maid to do cleaning he ask me to give him the money better. but every week he so reluctant to do housework. KNS!

so i think this little robot might help thou i know cannot expect it to be 100% clean.

mummies who has used it, is it really useful? its not cheap so i dun wanna buy and then end up become a robot vase at home. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good morning mummies & ian..

lilac while, u also keen on the iclebo? actually after hearing a few reviews from jess & booboobear.. make me tempted too. spoken to hubby yday.. same like ur hubby lo.. nope. actually i got part-time helper. but since she only come bi-weekly, so normal days sure will have alot of dust. on some days i BTH i vacuum it myself. worse is my plc is doing lift upgrading (*(*&*^$ lagi jia lat.

u r so dearie.. buy as a gift for him :D nice lei! i will be happy to receive it if i m him. LOL. it means save the trouble of doing household chores every wk. sian to the max lei.

ya, need more reviews & temptations to part the $$$$ :D

Hello Lilac & Bblibran,

Am oso keen, spend ytd lunch convincing hb to get one wahahaha ;p

but guess hv to see the real thing first before committing to it.

I managed to source it from Europe think after conversion is about SGD600++ but then guess it's easier to buy frm SG [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

lilbluey.. so how? manage to convince ur hb already? :D true la, goona see the real thing. jess was saying there is a roadshow in suntec till 30th Jun. so grab ur hb there.

i m tempted cos it means i can hv a clean floor/hse everyday. LOL

jess brought up a good pt though, if your hse furniture is those low-lying, then the irobot wont be able to access. eh, my furniture abit low though :p

bblibran: haha actually im keen on robot vacumm. was eyeing the irobot for a long time then the navibot n i jus got to know there's iclebo here! if i do buy it for my hub its saving myself some pain from hvg to nag at him to do housework ahahahaha ive been thinking so long... scarly a 4th robot vacumm is launched. HAHA

Bluey: hahahaah buying overseas is cheaper but hv to change the adapter and also the risk of warranty. cos i ever consider buying irobot online fr US too.

lilac.. true true.. save u the trouble to nag. well worth it. hahahaha... last time when we do not have the part-time helper, i also gonna nag nag nag.. then its also a waste of time cos it means half a wkend is gone like dat.

jess has ignited the spark of irobot in u again :D LOL LOL..

thanks for the feedback on steam iron, mummies~

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bblibran: b4 baby came along, we split the chores. like i vacumm he mop or vice versa. but cos now hv to watch over baby, he has to do both :p i also wipe tables / cabinets and wash toilets when baby is napping. And for me im the type once wake up le will wanna quickly do the chores so that i can R&R the rest of the day. hub is different. he likes to nua here n there until happy then do. so if we wanna go out... end up quite late n the day will be gone. it irks me to no end. to me weekends are v precious!

hey hey hey lilac, we are the same. prefer to finish chores fast fast rather than left it there. see la, women & men are different! LOL

but hor, i hate to wash toilets. so thats why i was very happy when we decided to hire a part-time helper. her way of doing sometimes i m not 100% happy la, but hor, at least i dunnit to do. And u are right, weekend are very precious cos its so short only!!! argh~

bblibran: hahaha hate toilet washing oso no choice hv to wash else v dirty n smelly LOL i only got my mum's p/t helper to come n clean my hse twice... CNY and after my confinement at my mum's plc just b4 we return home with baby. she scrubs until the toilet damn clean so that shows how good my scrubs are :p

Actually I was thinking of buying standing steam iron too, cos I really hate ironing! And the kiddos uniforms are for daily wear, 2sets a day! But after reading all these reviews, guess I'll just have to stick to my trusty iron & board.

Re: iclebo

If your furnitures are higher than 10cm then no worries, sure can go in. So far, only my tv console is lower than that, and my dining chairs are not broad enough for it to enter properly. So I'll just pull it out and use the remote to control it to clean that area afterwards. So far so good la, these 2 days I set it to run on it's own while I bring the kids out for lunch. Feels good to come home to a clean house!! Have not tried out the mopping thingy though, cos it's just a small price of microfiber cloth, I don't trust it to do a thorough job, so I prefer to mop the house myself.

I was hesitating initially too but was sold after seeing the demo. So, it's best to bring your hubby down to see first, especially if they're the one doing the vacuuming.

(I'm not in any way affiliated with this company, just sharing something which I feel is a good buy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Does anyone has any contacts for p/t cleaner to clean my house once a week? Mainly to wash the toilets/windows/stoves. I'm looking for those hourly rated type with no agency fees.

Bblibran,

No time to go down to Suntec to see the demo, will prolly do so tmr if time permits [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Like you, I oso like clean floors wahahaha..

Re: iclebo,

Just tried the mopping function, it's good for superficial cleaning only. I rinsed out the pad a few times during the mopping. The small pad will only be wet enough for a limited area. Will still use the wet mop for thorough cleaning of course. My couch and bed are too low for it, shame, but I'm really happy with the hassle-free vacuuming in the general open areas. Even happier that I don't have to nag the hubby to help vacuum and mop LOL! After watching the demo, hubby was more eager to get it than me hahaha. He was so happy he didn't have to do so much going forward lol. Mummies who are thinking about it, check out the demo and ask the sales guys plenty of questions.

Dovey,

Good that your furniture is mostly high enough for iclebo. I still have to use the magic clean wiper to reach under furniture.

Zuen, saw that u mention on crawling. My gal started to crawl but still din really sit up from tummy position. Maybe soon Isaac will crawl. My gal also flipped alot by her side before she started crawling.

Diveera, learning vision seems to be good. How I wish West side got. Learning vision is near my hb workplace at far east but too bad we dun have a car. Ur #1 still at learning vision? #2 now at home? Who is taking care?

booboobear, Phuket is more of beach right? Dun dare to bring my girl go beach kind cos like nothing much to do. My sis recently went Krabi, 2 person go more fun than 3 person for Krabi.

Emmie, I dun think babies who are not swaddle earlier will feel insecure.

dovey, u went Mango shopping? Alot of damages?

Jadefeet, miss you.

On pneunococal, I just started my girl on the vaccination, dunno will help to keep off or not.

Dovey, hahah...hope to see you after you rebonded your hair. Your girl is a clever gal, know when to bully mummy.

I also dun like pple to see when my girl cry outside.

booboobear this sentence well said, I like. kekek. ->"Cherry,

The helper cost $838. But if you have a maid, she can do a more thorough job, save the money for your shopping lol"

Lilbluey, maybe plus me 3 person have discounts for the vaccum cleaner? I might be interested but must ask Finance Minister!

Hello Liliac White! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] How are you? SAHM for now? or?

actually the expensive vaccum cleaner vs part time cleaner which was is better huh?

Dovey & Booboobear, now everyone is tempted to buy. kekke...

So where is their road show at suntec? hmm...I still thinking spending the amt on this is better than spending it on another household items we are looking at or not?

I am also keen on airfryer reviews. Anyone?

Why is everyone using colours? I also wanna join in! HAHA

Apple, I'm good. I have been beo-ing apple junior's photo update on fb. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Im back in the workforce. I wish to be SAHM but doubt I can afford that for too long. Hehehe After I tendered, very luckily I was offered a job shortly. Rested for two weeks. Spent wonderful precious time with my kai kai in those two weeks. Just started work last week. Kinda boring now but the colleagues here are very nice and friendly. Hopefully the job will get better. My work place is very near your workplace!

Apple,

Ya, Phuket is a beachy place, not much to do. But that's what we wanted for a holiday, chill and relax, do nothing, mess up someone else's place and don't have to clean up hahaha. Hubby booked a place with private pool, so we'll prolly have lots of pool time with baby. So looking forward to it.

Apple

I gave myself a budget of $200 and managed to stick to it with 7-8 pieces of tops + a bag. Could have bought more, but it was really crowded and the Q for the changing room was horrible!

Sure got chance to see my hair, if not from gathering, then from FB! :p

Part time cleaner comes once or twice a week mah, so in between sure will have a lot of dusts and hairs. I wanna get a p/t cleaner to wash my toilets and windows and stove, which I always procrastinate doing it... and no hubby to help out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Their roadshow is at SUNTEC CITY MALL, Tower 1 Atrium (in front of OCBC Bank) <10 units is 5% rebate, 10 sets and above is 10%. So you try to psycho more people to buy then all of us get more discounts! Hehe~

Booboobear

Ya, I was wondering how much a small piece of cloth can clean, din bother to try it out. After what you mentioned, guess I can keep the cloth away liao...

Enjoy your holiday... "mess up someone else's place and don't have to clean up". I love doing this too! Hahaha

Apple,

My fren is oso keen + another fren of hers hahaha...;p both are trying to get past the Mister at home! ;p

Lilac,

Thot u are going to take a break keke [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Glad to know you found a better job! Ganbatte!

Liliac White, ur workplace is v v v near my workplace? where? pm me....maybe I know which one. We can have lunch together. It is good to be able to use forum just after starting work. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wa, booboobear, pool time sound v v nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

For me, I am waiting for Natas fair...then go somewhere nice this yr end too. ;) Dunno where yet thou.

10% is quite a good deal....I am sure a few of us here quite keen, can hit. hahah.....

Yesterday I felt so accomplished, cos finally unpack a few box and tidy the house a bit. I still need to take at least 2-3 days of leaves before I can finish tidying up moi house.

Bluey: haha that was in my plan but a job came along. So only managed to rest for 2 weeks. hehe

Apple: Yeah near but dunno is it within walking distance? muahahahaa

Lilbluey, My Finance Minster cum Prime Minister shld be keen cos he is usually the one who vaccum....but we were thinking of changing the grill door for similar amt leh....

Liliac White, shld be walking distance for me de. No worries I come and find you. pm me in fb or free I pm u soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dovey,

Oh you managed to find out more than 10 sets get 10% off? Dunno why Melvin didn't tell me that when I asked him yesterday. I think we generated quite a bit of interest hahahaha. Actually I quite like the mopping function leh. The floor feels clean enough for me hehe. Don't have to lug out the pail and mop so often. Have to towel dry the floor too cuz the watermarks drive me crazy. Then have to rinse out mop and pail. So troublesome! Oh wanted to ask you where you do your hair? I used to go to Raff Place, now thinking of finding a nearer hair salon.

Apple,

Did you just move in to a new place?

booboobear

Did you use any solution when using the mopping function? I might try it out one day, cos am too lazy to try it out now. The thought of having to keep rinsing out the cloth freaks me out.

I'm doing my rebonding at GC Salon in Midpoint orchard. For haircut, I don't have a fixed stylist/salon. I just go anywhere when I'm in the mood to cut my hair, because I trim my hair like once every months? Hubby doesn't allow me to cut short my hair... He prefers me with long hair, even though I tie it up most of the time. Men!! Don't understand them.....

Hi all.. Been juz reading silently for some days..

Just so cute seeing u guys go gaga over the gadget!

N how home n finance ministers get involved;)

dovey,

I put a bit of dettol and floor cleaner into a tiny pail of water and dipped the pad into the solution. Then when it's time to rinse the pad, I just rinsed it under the tap and dipped the clean pad into the solution again. You don't have to keep rinsing lah, the pad doesn't get very dirty cuz the floor is already quite clean from the vacuuming.

Wah you travel even further than me to do your hair! My hubby also forbids me to cut my hair short lol...not that I would lah, it's too thick for a short do.

Dimple,

We're so amusing right? Maid-less means get to indulge in gadgets LOL...

Hi all

My panda eyes getting worst - baby wake up at 4 am this morning again. Didn't wan to nap till 1 pm -super tiring..

East gathering - wont be able to go as from Punggol to Tampines Bus journey is too long.

Dovey - my hubby also same. Prefer long hair but he okay me to have short hair for confinement period. Now he expects me to let it grow back!

booboobear

Thanks! I shall try it out some day!

Your hair is so straight and nice, I'd want you to keep it this way too if I'm your hubby!

Metta

You mean Daryl woke at 4am and was awake all the way till 1pm?????? How he managed to stay awake for 9 hours?? Poor mummy...

I think most guys like their gf/wife with long hair huh...

dovey,

My hair is rebonded too! It's horrible when the kinks grow out...plus the thickness, I've got the genuine lion's mane!!

Metta,

How did your boy stay up for so long??

i have problem going out with baby as I rather no strength - can't carry baby for long (esp after he hit 5 kg and above) + a full load of diaper bag.

After 8 months of "training" I getting stronger so I now hand carry baby (or use baby carrier) plus a full load of diaper bag. Now learning to close stroller and lift it into car boot (without baby of cos) - previously done by hubby.

Daryl doesn't like be in stroller or high chair for long and will cry or fuss to be carried. Ignore him and he will struggle till the high chair look like going to fall.

Plus he has a lot of strength - i even have problem controlling him sometimes when he cry and start to flips here and there.

I dont sayang my boy till he behave this way but some days he just dont listen and insist to behave so much like a brat. I feel helpless too as I wonder if he understands when I scold him.

I do get laugh at when I tell pple i can't go out alone. its very depressing and insensitive when they laugh at me as they dont understand. I dont like to be in this situation too and who want to rot at home for 5 days in a row?

Just ranting.

I will somehow overcome this problem and teach daryl proper behavour.

Going sleep now. Enough sleep will let me have more patient to deal with daryl

Back