(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Angel: my boy has been on bottle since 8 weeks coz he rejected my breasts. Then at ard 4 mths he started drinking very little abt 80-100 mls per feed then start fussing, sometimes dun even wana drink cry everytime bottle goes near him. I tried changing to a faster flow teat and he started drinking again. I also realized he dun like body temp milk. Must b warmer then he will drink. Mayb try faster flow teat? Or if spoon feeding is a hassle try syringe feeding? My weird son likes anything that comes frm a syringe. Meds, water, milk all he will finish frm syringe but give him water in a bottle n he spits everything out :s

Hello angel and xin2 .. haha my baby is one of the kind too... refuses to accept bottle too tats explain my reason fr still latching exclusively. Like what princess said latching on feels comforting [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] In a way i loves to see my baby sometimes looks up and smiles too.

Howver my pd also faces this prob too, what she did was intro slipping cup to baby so she can drinks from there too if refuses bottle [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Shin i also bought si Shen brown rice for my baby but unlike yours from eu yang San ,mind i bought from ntuc offshelf product. Is it accptable ?

Any mommies heard of it b4, instant si sen br rice powder ..brand is moon rabbit there indicates fr 4 month and abv [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] i should have consider eu yang San

Btw Shin do u feed everyday? Heard brown rice is heaty and easily constipated ? Does it helps to increase appetite?

Lately my baby poo is hardened .. seems constipated the look at her face trying to push out was so funny ..any mommies has this prob?

Is it baby lack of suffi water ? During the period i only feed rice cereal and a litt avocado.

fel

Errr I not sure abt those from ntuc.. Eu Yang San seems better... Hahaha I dunno lah... I kiasu I go for better ones [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] erm I just started feeding only so I'm not sure... But what I heard is si Shen is good for them and brown rice is healthier. After I fed him that today, his poo and pee per normal.. I'll observe over next few days too.

Btw. Mummies..... Si shen is Chinese herbs right?? So let's say if I give him fever med due to jab, ok to continue with the brown rice cereals???

Angel> Try dream feeding? My Josie only wants to drink milk when she's half asleep. And now even though she's half asleep she doesn't want me to breastfeed her anymore. I think she's already used to Pigeon M size teat already (even though she's always in half asleep state when drinking).

What about trying to use a sippy cup? When she's awake I give her EBM using a sippy cup, she doesn't drink much from that because the flow is too fast, but at least she drink something..

I haven't gone to any PD yet to ask about her. Maybe after she starts on solid then I'll go. Anyway I might have more questions when she starts on solid.

Stella,

I m trying my best to latch Isaac after work n during weekends n hope it helps. Otherwise will hv to turn to supplement liao. U still hv more than enuff ss for Logan?

Isaac also dun drink much when he 1st wakes up. Have to wait awhile then he will b hungry n finishes his bottle. Maybe not awake enuff to feel hungry? Hehe.

Angel,

Issac has abt e same birth weight n is abt 7.2nd now. He lost weight due to flu last week. Then again, boys tend to b heavier.

Bfree is a brand of bottles n I found it in kiddy palace. Was so glad that he took bfree cos already spent so much $$ on diff kind of bottle. Not sure why he likes bfree also but realized that he likes the flow.

My mum trained Isaac to take e bottles gradually when I was on ml. He cried his head off initially too but eventually Bo bian n drank from bottle. I latched him after workn duringweekends.

Zuen: ya mayb he isn't awake enough. Have to wait ard an he before he will finish his bottle. Now my supply decreasing abit but still enough for Logan. Now he increased intake it's just enough for his 6 feeds a day, somemore I cut down 1 pumping session so 1 pump 3 times a day abt 300-400mls per pump n he is drinking 150-170 at each feed. Lucky now he doesn't need night feed. still got a freezer full of fbm so I'm not too concerned. If ss drops somemore n fbm runs out shd b time for solids n abit of follow on fm. I wld hv crossed the 6 mth mark of total bf. Quite proud that I managed to last so long hehe.

Emmie, m'y PD also said as long as double In birth wt when reach 6mths is ok.

Sigh, angel, m'y girl she is already 6 maths but her birth wt not double yet and is In thé bottom 3%. Last wt yest she is still under 6kg [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Seeing PD soon for her vaccination and Will ask her abt it.

Pinky, i Stay near pioneer mall and is interested. CAn i know more détails And CAN it be done on weekends?

Seabreeze, hebe also like To be Carried And i also hope she CAN sit on thé high chair soon. Usually when Will they sit on high chair huh?

Apple,

can seat on high when BB neck n back is firm.

Shin,

can give cereal when BB on fever, if BB reject then don't force feed.. Give milk n sponge BB.

Stella,

Yeah, 6 months is a good milestone. Jia you and feed bm as long as possible lah. Think about all the milk powder $$ that we save and ability to lose weight naturally thru bf. Hehe. I only give no 1 TBM for 3 months then partial until 8 mths. So proud of myself too that I am still giving Isaac full bm. Going to keep expressing and latching at least until pre-Isaac weight. Haha.

Pinky,

I am also thinking of enrichment classes for Isaac. Does the trainer give weekend classes? I am working on weekdays leh.

Apple,

We can go for the trial together if the trainer provides weekend classes. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thanks cherry, yes Zuen. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hopefully CAN havé a West side gathering soon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and Can meet u évén before trial class or wat.

Morning mummies,

Today is cold morning.

I have been direct latching when I around with darius. Only during work, my mil bottle feeds him. Only my mil can bourke feed darius. I never really try bottle feed him myself. I did the same for my elder one. He was ok with bottle. I total bf leroy for 1 year. Then introduce formula milk after 1k year old and latch at night. He was ok with bottle.

Kinder musik,

Pinky, I am interested. Can pm me details? I can do it on weekend too. if weekday, I try ask my mil if she can accompanies darius

Apple, always worrying when baby dun put on wt right? But Hebe looks active and growing well. So she could just be a feather wt one.

Angel, I totally understand your concerns abt not gaining wt. Will always be a mummy's obsession. U mention that all these started abt two weeks ago when u went back to work n started solids? Maybe its just adjustment on her part. Who take cares of your girl when u r at work? The caregiver has to be more persistent in trying with the bottle then....like zuen's mum who managed to get her boy to drink from bottle. As suggested by other mummies, maybe u need to try out different teats/bottles. One of my nephews only like latex teats.

Stella, your ss is amazing!

How time flies ... Yx just turned 5mth n am returning to work in less than 2 weeks time. On 1 hand I look forward to return to work - can dress up, have me-time to eat n shop BUT totally hate expressing!!

Brought my pump to my mum's place cos got to start expressing to store + let my mum bottle feed her. My mum is kinda of worried cos she say we intro bottle so late but well she can't blame me as she self declare holiday while I was on leave. So now she abit panic liao haha

Are we meeting this fri or sun??

Morning Mummies & Ian!

Cold & Rainy weather. How nice if I can sleep in... Been real busy back at work and have been reading the thread on & off.

Morning mummies & Ian. On leave today to bring A2 for his jab. How's everyone?

Cyn:

If that brand does not work, you can consider other brands. So you mix it with water or milk? Can mix with milk for a similar taste so that he can accept. Also consider if he is ready. I do not advice adding cereal into milk bottle coz it promotes bad oral habits, leads to oral problems and may cause choking.

Re: Cereals

I have this trick which I learnt from other mummies during my A1 weaning days. Add 1 teaspoon of hot water before adding milk. The consistency of the cereal will be nicer.

Stella:

That's good. She feels the threat already - realizing that you can manage your son and she is not the "god" around. Good good. Hang in there!

Re: Kindermusik

Better to go when kids are 9mths and above. Else frankly, not much effect. They wont really play and enjoy.

Good morning everyone! What a refreshing cooling morning [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby Lujayne went for her 2nd Pneumococcal vaccine over the weekend, she weighs 8kg now for another 6 more days to her 6th months. Lazy mommy here just let her tried her first solid only yesterday. I bought healthy time brown rice cereal recommended by starry and she really loves it so much. The box written can give 8 table spoon per feed with 120ml milk.

Have mommies here tried giving 8 tAble spoons per feed? Will it be too much? How much did u give per feed?

I have given her 2 table spoon of cereal and she wanted more, her mouth open wide big and follow the direction of the spoon when i moved the spoon around! later today will try to increase to 4 spoons see if she can finishes all.

I have tried tasting happy belly cereal personally didnt like it at all found it very very sweet, have thrown the whole tin away and change to healthy time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Morning ladies!

Looks like the hot topics is on bf and cereal etc.

Me just brot Rhea for her last 6-in-1 jab last night. She is going to be 6mths old this thursday!! Weighing 7.7kg, 65cm. triple her 2.63kg birth weight liao...

Pd gives green light for semi-solid but got to hold for a few days coz need to monitor for fever due to jab. Just nice lah, I can start this weekend. Just bot those bowls and spoons last week during isetan sales... keke... funnie thing is I bot everything needed for feeding EXCEPT the actual CEREAL! haha... need to scout for some liao. So which one is good and where to get har??? This 2nd time mummie rusty liao... haha...

As for bf, I am closing down my milk factory liao. Very very happy that I managed to sustain for 6mths and reached my target. Hubby more worried abt my health so keep telling me to stop expressing liao. So now I left 1 pump every morning. The rest of the mummies who are still bfing, pei fu pei fu JIA YOU JIA YOU!!!!

Sh*t! Just as I am typing the last post, I just realised I forgot to take my BP med this morning! argh!!! Must be the cranky-after-jab Rhea fussing this whole morning lah...

Vivian, good job on Rhea tripling her birth wt! My boy who shares the same birthday is a gd 1kg lighter! :p. For cereal, healthy times brown rice cereal is quite good to start with. And it can be found easily at Ntuc. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Iris,

dun start with 8 tablespoon per feed for a start. Baby's digestive system might not be able to take so much at a time for a start.

Since you start with 2 tbsp and she still wants more, you can slowly increase by 1 tbsp at a time. If she is taking a lot more cereal such as half a bowl, do rem to decrease her milk intake coz cereal is very filling.

I rem for my #1, the max I gave is ard half a bowl + fruit or veggie puree and that is almost replacing her 1 milk intake. But not so young at 6mths old. I gave less cereal and top up with more milk when he is younger coz milk shld be the main meal.

Once they are older and have teeth to chew, then start with porridge, then slowly adjust to 3-4 meals a day. Hope this helps.

angel,

i guess babies are just like us adults bah.. you cannot expect all to be of the same weight. there are bound to be a few huge, sumo ones and then a few smaller, petite ones. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] initially i thought my girl was very little, until i saw even smaller ones in my church nursery, and they are boys! so no need to worry about this weight thing as long as your child looks well. thanks for the well wishes, by the way. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cyn,

jadelyn also like that when i started her on cereals. but didn't yell, just make yucky face then pushed food out and turned away. so i tried again a few days later. my mum also kept trying for a few days before she accepted and ate up everything hungrily plus still ask for more!

iris,

wah, 8 tablespoons is a lot of food for a little babe! but maybe because the cereal is very light so plus milk actually not a lot?? i usually give only ard 3-4 tablespoons. she will want more but i top up with milk for her. glad lujayne loves healthy times! i didn't know that happy baby is sweet. have a few cans of that leh.

stella,

your milk supply is very good! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vivian,

try healthy times!! jadelyn loves that with avocado and milk all mixed into a gluey, green paste. lol! next time you pack some meds into your bag? then even if out, you have the meds with you.

aiyoh, i also have a can of happy baby 4 grains cereal. hmmm, think have to throw away. i don't dare to taste cos i dare not eat bb cereal.

so far Jaren is ok with semi food. rice cereal, avocado, potatoes. And he always v eager to open his mouth n move himself forward for me to feed him.

stella,

ur milk supply v v gd, keep it up[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mummies,

sorry think sometime i never read all the post. no time to read all. moreover yest my dad who still in hospital suffer minor stroke. everyday i feel worried, sad, no mood.sigh[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

iris,

which happy baby cereal are the sweet ones?

tiffy,

maybe don't need to throw. i'm going to go home and taste it maybe tonight or tmr. i checked the ingredient list and saw the enzyme amylase in the list, which may be what's causing the sweetness. amylase breaks down starch and turns in into simple sugars. it actually helps baby digest the food more easily. our saliva also has amylase that's why when we chew white rice for some time, we can taste the sweetness. i think as long as there is no added sugar in the baby cereal, it's okay to be consumed.

hope your dad gets better quickly. and cheer up! i'm sure your dad also don't want you to be so worried and sad.

Urgent Qn:

What is the temp. for babies that is considered fever har? over 37.5deg??

coz my mum called and said Rhea is 37.4deg.

Shld give panadol?? My memory is failing me so better check with you ladies here...

Tiffy,

Hope your Dad makes a speedy recovery! You take care too!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Vivian, the last jab that my gal had, when her temp was rose to 37+. i gave her the fever med. cos i dun wan it to raise further. it did help to subside after that.

bblibran, thanks.

Just called clinic to check and they said over 37.7deg then give panadol or over 1 hr interval, temp is climbing then give. Thanks anyway.

Tiffy,

take care!

vivian

Wow Rhea has good weight! Must be due to mommy precious milk with love [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks for your advise, ya I also think 8 spoon is a lot! Am going for 3/4 spoon first since she can takes 2 spoon.

Starry, Tiffy

I bought the happy baby organic brown rice from vitakids for a try, i always have a habit to taste it before feeding baby, didn't know it taste that sweet. Im not sure for u all but I'm not a sweet tooth person thats why personally found it sweet. Wow, starry you machim like lab pharmacist leh!

Tiffy, dont have to throw, I agree that if the content is fine then it's ok to give jaren. For me it's just that happy baby did not passed through my test. hahaha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

May be u can wait for starry to try out first for her comment before deciding?

iris, is happy baby = happy bellies? i just bought 1 happy bellies organic brown rice cereal.. dunno if its the same as yours. but i thot it doesnt taste sweet.

Thanks jac for the info on amylase.. i din know. i only see if there's sugar in e ingredient list, i won't buy.

any bf mommies drinking coffee? i miss coffee but so scared drink later baby wont sleep.

Jac,

Don't mind whether u can let me know aft u try it out.

Iris,

yup, i don't throw 1st. see what's the outcome aft Jac try it.

mummies,

thanks. i will try to be strong. but since my dad v old already, so recovery speed will b v slow.

Hi,

The teacher is fully pack on Sat and Sun is her family day.

She is using musikgarten method(www.musikgarten.org) from USA which is the same creator from kindermusik.

I thought of sending my baby to kindermusik too but is far and ex. That why I want to let my baby try out this first as a base to see if she really like it or not. If yes, can change to better music school when she is older[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I will be sending my eldest girl to her class this week and baby trial class next week if there is mommy interested.

It is a home-based and she stays near pioneer mrt which near my house so can save on transport. :p

Tiffy, jac & emmie: Thanks, I find myself lucky to hv ample bm for bb but dunno y always so paranoid that I wun produce enough for his demands. Every pumping session I die die wil sit n pump til I get my required amount of milk lor. I dun latch at all so pumping MUST produce all the supply required.

Tiffy: sorry to hear about your dad, hope he recovers quickly. I know how u feel coz both my parents hv had strokes. It will be a stressful te but do try to take care of your health.

Marrissa: I drink a cup of kopi everyday. Not the strong espresso kind but kopitiam kind. No probs w slp for Logan, but I usually drink aft I pump not before. If I dun drink may fall asleep.

Happy bellies cereal,

Hey i thought it was sweet too! Hvnt feed to baby yet. I guess im not a sweet tooth like iris. I hv the brown rice cereal.

Pinky,

Im interested, can pm me the details?

Tiffy,

Take care..

Tiffy ...

Be strong k ... we still got a long journey ahead of us. My dad wanted to do a transplant but his heart is q weak and that day his childhood friend called and tell him dun go for transplant cos got ppl aft transplant pass away and stuff.

From then on, my mum say my dad kept having nightmare ... say ppl tailing him and want to snatch his stuff and all *sigh*

Bringing him to see the heart dr at SGH this week ... really hope that his heart is strong enough for transplant.

marissa,

I suddenly hate coffee after my no. 2. But I have a cup of 3-in-1 tea everyday now. No problem with sleep too for Isaac. I am that kind who can drink coffee/ tea then immediately go to bed person. ;p

Stella,

I also worried about insufficient ss when I know very well that there are fm out there and insufficient ss is not the end of the world. But those leaking lanisoh bags never fail to irk me when I resort to fbm. Muahahaha.

Re: West mummies outing

So when, when, when? I am ok with Sundays too. Somebody's place will be good.

My place is opened just that my weekends are usually pack with dd's class, visit to MIL's place so wun be able to hold the gathering for many hours.

Happy bellies cereal

I feed my baby with the Happy bellies brown rice cereal and had taste it before. It don't taste sweet at all unlike the nestle which is very sweet[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oop! the cereal i have is happy baby brown rice cereal not 4 grains. me so blur.

Seabreeze,

hope ur dad can go for heart transplant. Thanks, i will be strong

Ann,

thanks

cherry

Thanks for reply. I'm just worried cos like si Shen can't mix with fever med.. Just likE adults when we can't mix Chinese and western Tgt... Haha this mummy here clueless lah!

Re: happy bellies cereals

Alamak I aso have that brown rice cereals frm happy bellies leh.. Was intending to give aedan Liao... Maybe must try first before giving [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Aedan seems to prefer organix cereals than si Shen brown rice!!! Today 2nd time feeding him although he ate but he show me "vomit" face... So funny!!!! Was thinking of adding some fruit purée so it doesn't taste like so bland... Lol... I hope the happy bellies brown rice doesn't taste like that too!!

Oh yah btw, jac.. U said jadelyn loves the organix banana cereals? Isit called the banana porridge cos I couldn't find banana cereals from the agape bp.

Ok ok one last thing!!!! I've always so much to ask abt weaning... Lol!!! If I haven't intro fruit purée to Aedan before, isit ok to directly add into the brown rice cereals or do I really have to feed it on it's own for 3 days to see if he has allergies??? So far I feed 2 days of si Shen brown rice and he seems to be ok with it, no allergies so I assume it's ok for him right??

Thanks mummies in advance!!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif])

Zuen> Is the leaking bag because you heat the milk while inside the bag? What I do is I defrost the BM in the fridge first, then pour it inside the milk bottle. Like that is no problem..

But it takes like 1 day to fully defrost the milk though.. So must really plan carefully the day before..

Coffee--- haven't been drinking coffee for like 1.5 years!! I'm not a coffee person though. Hubby hates coffee so we never bought one..

But sometimes seeing starbucks or coffee bean really makes me crave for coffee. But now, I'm so afraid to drink coffee because it might damage my tooth even more [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So far this week my tooth is better. The biting pain is a lot better than last week. But I totally don't know whether the nerve has come back to live or not.. Really hope for that, so I can save $550!

Now I even brush teeth everytime I eat at home. hehe.. Kiasu.

afternoon Ian!

Tiffy

Hope ur dad will be alright! Take care k?[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

good afternoon mommies!!!

the HS committee member is back!! hahaa.. Have you HS tonight? hahaha new motto liao!! LOL..

long time no post. been too busy. just busy don't even have time to take a peek.

did Stella got pg?? who else other than starry ah?? congrats wor!!

i have gone past 6 months with exclusive breastfeeding! yay pat pat my own back. i'm not going to stop pumping as supply is still good. for those who's on they're way there, i've been sick too and stress does affect supply but it can reinstate! just remember, when you pump, make sure you really, really empty the breast. how you know it's empty, when u pump, nothing comes out liao and ur boobs feel like a deflated balloon! waakakaka!! i didn't take any supplements but my daily breakfast milo and everything else stays the same. it's always the golden rule of supply and demand. i just latch latch the boiboi. he's now 7.4kg. not that heavy, not that light lah. just nice. BF baby mah. cannot expect sumo baby (except princess d!) haaaa.

i've also started boiboi on rice cereal and he takes in well. he also has 4 tablespoon and poo everyday. all green green one. b'cos he has begin eating, he begins to drink milk lesser and i expect my supply to dwindle soon, though i'm still pumping normally on working days.

tiffy,

take care yeah.

dang i gotta get back to work!

thank you mummies who have replied about my enquiry about the cereal!

Princess:

I mixed the cereal with FM and i think he hates it, keep on giving me the yucky look and "yell" when the spoon go near him! I video-ed it down!!! Will find time to post [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

can just mix it with water? Maybe i'll try it out later this week...if this fella dun like it, i would have wasted my money buying it, i still have 3 more packs at home! Shall try and see how, if he does'nt like, i will give it away FOC to whichever mummy who wants it

Jac:

Jadelyn behaves like that too initially? Hmmmm,so i must be consistent and keep trying?

To all the mummies:

I really salute all of you, how can you ladies find time to work, take care of baby and yet remain active in forum and reading up on baby stuffs online? I think i pretty much sucks on time management, been too tired out to "multi task".

Back