(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Claudia,

Abusive maids r my greatest fear too. Haiz. ESP when our bbs can't talk now.

Cyn,

I used to leave my girl with my maid in e am n watch over them using Internet cameras. But my girl rejected my 2nd maid very badly n I duno why. She oso became very difficult, tantrums n nightmares. After that, I refused to leave my kids alone with my maid unless really Bo bian n for short period of time. If possible, try to have a family member to watch over the maid.

Hi mummies,

My ger is on tbf and she is on total latching.. I am trying to train her to use bottle but she refused. I tried change bottles but it doesn't help. Any mummy encounter the same issue and able to train bb to take bottle?

Zuen, can share what type of internet camera u use? I am thinking of getting one too but dunno where to get this, will want to get it install before the helper arrives.

Its scary when one has a abusive maid. I hope i am blessed with a good one... keeping my fingers crossed now. I always believe in not treating others the way u do not want to be treated and i am not a difficult person. Not much things to be done at my home actually cos i am a very hands on person. Main reason why i hired a maid is for her to take care of eldrick while i am work cos i am really very tired from shuttling between MIL place back and forth.... need to wake up everyday at 5am to prepare and i am always the late person to sleep plus need to cope with night feeds.

There are 4 combination that are very good for the family.

1. rat,dragon and monkey

2. ox, snake and rooster

3. tiger, horse and dog

4. rabbit, goat and pig

I rem cos I am snake and my #1 is rooster so we purposely planned for my #2 to be ox so that we have 1 Group at home heehee

Good morning mummies!

Cyn, sad to say for maid they don't think like us. Even if we treat them well, they may not treat us the same. If you can get your mum or mil to come daily to watch over if possible. Installing camera is not a preventive measure. If really anything happen, will be too late liao. Have you considered infant care? Hope you get a mature and responsible maid.

Beauty, Caelan has been coughing also. Very sad, as his cough never seems to recover for good since mid Dec. Now i give him both chinese and PD's medicine with 3 hours interval. Hope your boi recover soon.

Seabreeze, how are you and your lil one?

Groovy, how about learning from your helper to feed Josie? Hope both your hubby and yourself manage to do so soon.

Serene,

I change from nuk wide neck to pigeon standard to bfree wide neck. Isaac finally takes bfree. I dun bottlefeed him. In fact, i try to stay away or at least out of his sight n cannot even let him hear my voice. He struggles like mad in e beginning. But took e bottle eventually. I also duno wat males him ticks, whether e bottle or my mum's persistency or he is simply too hungry. He will still cry at e bottle after a long weekend cos I latch him when I m around.

Cyn,

I use dlink but e set up is horrible. N even with cameras, got many blindspots. E connectivity not 100% too n gives me heart attack when I lose connectivity. Best is to have someone supervise until u can more or less trust ur helper. My one already 5 mths with me but we still try to minimise her time alone with e kids. And I am not a difficult person too, dun ill treat maids, seldom scold them but sometimes they just drive you crazy as if them are from mars. No common sense at all sometimes. Getting a good maid is like tio 4d. Haha. My 1st maid with me for 4 mths, 2nd only 1 mth. Current one is 5 mths liao. Sometimes have to close both eyes. Lol.

Seabreeze,

My bro = rabbit, I = goat n my sis = pig, but I always fight with my bro leh. Hoho.

groovy,

thanks for sharing your exp with josie. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] actually jadelyn didn't lose weight. the doc's weighing scale went kuku. haha!! she's 6kg now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so stupid lor... i purposely went to get a digital weighing scale just to have peace of mind. so fast can let baby try mag mag? thought gotta wait till they can sit up? let me know after you try out on josie! keen to know if can 'work' on 4mths ++.

shin,

saw your FB pic that you also bought cereals for aedan. when u gonna start?? my mum wants to try out with jadelyn later this week. i'm ok with it since it's just gonna be plain brown rice with milk.

claudia,

i'm using california baby bubble bath! i like the scent. makes my baby smell good after bathing. it creates a lot of bubbles too so remember to add only AFTER you fill up tub with water. otherwise you get too many bubbles clinging onto baby's body. looks like you've let your babe tried out a lot of food already! i heard from other mums that frisocrem is sweet and full of sugar and salt (read this!! http://mummyregina.wordpress.com/2010/10/07/against-better-judgement-the-friscocrem-disaster/), so maybe you wanna try this at later stage? organic and single ingredient cereals are better right now. at least if baby shows signs of allergy, you will know immediately what triggered it.

princess d,

#3 for you babe? go for it lah... your hubby seem to love kids a lot! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i remember you said that even the master u went to for names also hinted about you having #3. lol!

cyn,

i hope you will get a really good maid who will stay with your household for long. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] all the best with the maid-hunting!

seabreeze,

you believe very much in horoscopes?? it's nv been accurate in any part of my life. if only life were so predictable for everyone. hee!

diveera,

hope the medications work and caelan recovers from cough quick quick. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

aiyoyo, all this maid stories made me scared man....guess most is right, having a good maid is like striking 4D, alot must close 1 eye...

Thanks Diveera, Zuen for sharing.

Thanks Starry, i really need all the luck i can get with the maid...my MIL chu too much pattern already! By the way, off track abit la, the other time u recommended to us your friend's nail salon for the gel nails, is the offer still on? Very tempted to go and try it leh...

Seabreeze, wow you have so much knowledge on the horoscopes match. Now i know why my hubby wants a dragon baby, he's a monkey!Must be he jealous of me, i am a tiger mummy with a tiger bb [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Diveera - My boy is taking Sabutamol Syrup from PD and also antibiotics. I feel that he is too young to be drinking chemicals but bopian. I believe TCM is better cos natural and not aggressive to body system but babies are too small for TCM...

beauty seet,

my mum said the same thing about TCM for babies/children. the other time when i brought jadelyn to a TCM clinic due to her colic, the doc also told us she was too small. gotta wait till she's at least 6 months old to take any medication.

which one you go to? i prefer TCM even for myself as i have experienced before super bad sorethroat that caused me to have no voice at all. i could only whisper. went to see GP 4 times and was given the strongest antibiotics, almost had to go hospital take injection. then fed up, went to TCM near my house. recovered 3 days after taking the herbal blends.

Beauty Seet,

My DD was having cough too, went to see PD and was given cough syrup, but PD mentioned give her only when it got worse, and since I got cough too, I neeeded to take cough syrup (safe for breastfeeding mom), PD said my immune will be passed to her thru breastmilk, I never gave the syrup in the end. It's cured by itself.

Don't know if it is really worked hahahaha.. may be you should drink the syrup and bfeed your boy. :D

Beauty, I oso feel cae has too much medi. He complete one course of antibotic already. He is on oral medi and nebulizer yet still not much improvment this time. Thus brought him to see TCM. there r some improvement. Some TCM do see infant.

Hi all

good luck to those getting maids...

I didn't have such good luck myself but all the best to you all. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Baby is so hard to take care after injection. sigh tiring next month he needs to take 2 injectin plus 1 oral [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] gosh can't think about it.

I am looking forward to cooking for baby too. So glad he is 4 mths+

btw, Please monitor the maid while she is feeding to ensure she is not force feeding. My ex-maid did that with my baby when he refuses to continue to drink milk (note: he was a frequent feeding baby(at 2 months old)). she stuff the bottle in when he wanted to stop and when caught in the act and questioned her. She said "dont' know sorry mdm sorry".

Monitor your maid - bear in mind that to them they are just completing a job/task. Its hard to find a caring n loving maid.

jac

Yup I also bought the cereals but I was wondering if I should just hold on a little while till maybe he's 4.5months to see if I should just on rice cereals with milk first. Don't dare take things too fast, just in case [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] I wanna observe how he is taking his milk intake this one week.. Recently his appetite dropping [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Re: purees

I read that should introduce one new food at a time but some purees comes in mixtures eg: the ones I bought are like Apple and Strawberry. Should be ok to introduce right??

Any mummies can share like what simple type of purees I can prepare to freeze and use? Actually I was wondering will the nutrients be gone once we freeze the purees? To feed, just warm to room temperature isit? I suddenly have like so many question marks in my head regarding introducing solids to Aedan. Hahaha

Re: maids

I don't hav one but my mum does and when I go over to my mum's place, her maid sometimes drives me nuts until I complain to my mum. My mum is those type cannot really handle baby so only my grandma and the maid can help. I needed to nap and sometimes need to rest but when I left the baby to them. Becomes haywire. Just last week I went over for one night only.. Aedan came back and was SO cranky from Friday till today. I let the maid take care.. Carry him awhile and he haven't fall into sleep, she put him down and tell me "he dowan sleep" and then yakking on her handphone non-stop. Time for milk she tell me "no lah, he dowan milk." ... I ask her to make milk and feed.. Feed halfway she tell me "he dowan drink". Then whole day kept yakking on her handphone until I got so super pissed off I refused to let her go near Aedan. I told my mum she super spoil the maid until maid also dare show black face to her. I said she shouldn't even allow her to have handphones in the first place! Now she has 2 handphones and always talkin to duno which guy (she has a son and husband).. Her husband has a mistress back in Indonesia. You see how complicating??? Pls don't let ur maid have handphones unless necessary. Hais

Till now I'm scared to go over Liao. Aedan so cranky and just today... He sapped up my energy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi mummies n Ian

I had a bad experience with this plumber. Really super pissed with them.

Please take note!

WARNING!!! DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY -> 24hr Family Plumber

I had my worst plumbing experenice with '24hr Family Plumber' (their website "http://24hrfamilyplumber.com")

They provide a lousy service and they are totally irresponsible when they damage your stuff and all they want is your $$$!

They came to my place and replaced the toilet outlet as it was leaking, and I was charged $180 for it. Though a bit steep but I thought as long

as long as it solve my problem and provide a good service, money might be worth spending. After the replacement I still noticed the leaking and

requested for them to come back to fix it. That is where the nightmare starts.

I had problem getting a schedule from the plumber to come to my place, each time i called the operator will tell me "I'll call you back" and

guess what...they NEVER call back. I had to pester them more than 5 times before they agreed to come back to look at the problem. On the second visit they finanlly fix the leaking but then I notice the previously working inlet is damaged, water is flowing in non stop!! They are the only

one that had touched the toilet system, obviously they had damaged it. I frantically tried to reach them and each time I get the same reply:

"I'll call you back" and they NEVER call back. After many attempts to reach them, a lady finally replied and insist that I had to pay another

sum of $$$ to get the inlet repair. I was stunned as it was very obvious they had damaged my inlet and now I have to pay again?? This saga when on and on for a week and my toilet never get repaired.

I can't believe they are such irresponsible plumber out they. Please do not use them!!

oh yah I bought the California baby calendular hair and face bath and the everyday lotion. Good!!! I like the nice smell... Aromatherapy!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hix.. Josie doesn't want to latch anymore even though she's sleeping. Today it's the same. I feel really rejected.. Perhaps it's the end of my breastfeeding career and must do exclusive pumping only. Anyway my pumping timing is the same regardless I breastfeed her or not. Easier for me but I really miss the bonding :'(

Hix.. Now I feel, the first time she goes under nursing strike is because of me keep forcing her to latch even though she doesn't want and feel uncomfortable until she merlion (reflux)..

Then she accept bottle after that for 1 week when MIL come. However, when MIL go back, and I need to make Josie used to bottle, so I'm the one feeding her with bottle, it's the start of her rejecting bottle too..

After that, she can only drink milk when she's half asleep (breastfeed nor bottle feed).

Now she's used to bottle already, half asleep also rejecting my breast. I really feel it because usually when she's asleep and I put my breast inside her mouth, after a few sucks, she will continue sucking. Now, after a few sucks, she will pull her mouth out [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. I tried for 1 hour already since 2 days ago for each of her feeding time.

Feel so sad today..

Some more hubby didn't bought me anything for Valentine's day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I even bought a cake for us to eat together. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

He only bought me coconut. ZZZzzzzz... Even though I don't really feel like drinking coconut nowadays, got no craving and nowadays, weather is not very hot and he bought coconut to drink during night time????

Even though he just got his bonus and everything but never bought me. Then he said I also didn't buy for him. It's true but he never said he wants anything leh.. I always said what I want but he never bought for me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]. He thought I was just joking and I can buy them for myself. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Some more the coconut is not to be eaten together since he hate coconut. Huh.. The most forgettable Valentine's day ever.

He also didn't buy me anything for our 1st anniversary present. And always said the things that I want is expensive if want to buy then we can buy together so I can choose. Buying together usually means I bought it becoz I'm the one usually used credit card, since I have more type of credit card than him and somehow usually my credit card is the one got discount/promo. ZZZZZzzzzz.. He paid the hospital bill and my whole credit card bill during my maternity leave. But the credit card bill only contains mostly Josie's stuffs and we really very rarely go out. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So stingy after Josie is born.. huhuhu..

Hi everyone,

Really busy recently. I seem to be always saying this. I guess its coz my current position is quite hectic although I do get a lot more freedom and immediate boss is really understanding. Even though I had to take a whole week of leave last week coz both kiddos were ill, he still nicely told me to take care of them. :p

Everyone with kids who are ill:

Do take care of both yourselves and your kids. There is a flu bug going ard and also HFMD.

Claudia:

California Baby is a very good brand. I am using for my kids and also for myself and my hubs is also selling. I recommend the Calendula Cream, the sunblocks and also the massage oils.

Re: Weaning / Starting Solids

Do only start solids on PD's advice coz starting too early is actually putting your kids at risk to allergies. Basically at younger ages, the body is yet to mature and will treat foods as foreign objects. Anything the body does not recognise, it rejects and that becomes an allergy. Such allergies my not appear in the form of rashes/etc immediately but develop as "illnesses" in future - e.g. asthma. The recommended is actually 6 mths and not 4 mths that was the norm in the past.

Re: Valentines

I normally dun get anything from my hubs. He doesn't get me anything for any special occasions or birthdays coz he assumes I can get whatever I want already. No need to wait for special occasions. I also have no sub card etc from him coz he does not believe in owning credit cards. In fact, I am the one who gave him a sub card coz Everyday card got petrol discount. Although I grumble, I am generally ok with it coz he does transfer money to our joint account mthly and I manage to get him to transfer a portion of his bonuses to the joint account too - which is all in my control... :p

Cyn,

I quit my job to take care of my boy, hope to go rejoin the work force once my boy stable down and maid is familiar with what she's required to do.

My boy is 4 mths 14 days old. He has been super cranky ever since he came back from his jab recently. He didnt got fever but he was down with runny nose and cough from his cousin when we went visiting. Whole day wants to be hugged. Can see that he felt irritated from his runny nose but brought him to see pd, my pd said he's too young to take any medication and can only heal on its own unless its very blocked, then bring him over to the clinic for dripping some solution inside the nose.

My myanmar maid..initially when she first came, she was very hardworking and a fast learner. She was on pretence..later on..she showed her true colors. when we're not around, she actually finished all my food, chocolate, cookies, juices, honey in the house. She wipped out my entire fridge!! She was so lazy and wash things alway so unclean..baby clothes, hankies wash until so smelly! Clean baby stuffs also strands of her hair present. Sterilise soothers and bottles also not clean. Showed her how to do things, she actually followed initially then later on she do her own pattern! So dirty! She boiled my milk bottles and soothers!! she use the table cloths to wipe my milk bottles! No wonder alway got one strange smell until i caught her in the act. She loves to tell lies...! things obviously didnt do, like to argue with u that she got do..alway give u reason like wind blow..(her hair, dust, on the milk bottle brush)..ask her wash again, do again! When ure not looking, she will wipe her hands on her clothes before making milk for baby. Got one time, i caught her blowing her hand, she told me she is blowing dry her hand as i told her her hands must be dry before touching my milk powder! She alway make the whole table covered with milk powder! attract many ants and i told her i will make her pay for the milk powder if she dont make properly. Btw, she is destroyer man, so must be careful when they handle ur things as they dont like to ask!! so must really monitor them! ever since she came, many things spoil in the house! my baby towel, hankies can also wash until torn!! my baby bed can also clean until it became white color, initially was blue! the pot use to sterilise baby bottles can wash until like blur! Many things!! i m also first time hiring maid! They r so pretentious! When ure not around, think next time she will finish all my son food! i think she really pinches my son, but i didnt see her in action but i saw the blue black on my son's thighs is gone as initially my hubby asks me if they r birth marks? So many things to say abt maid, one night also cannot finish...haha

Zuen,

Yup, abusive maids r scary! its hard to get a really good one who treat our kids like their own. to them, after all, they are doing their job, no obligated to do anything further than that.

Beauty seet,

Though my boy is down with fever and cough but his appetite remains the same only more fussy and cranky.

Starry,

Should have read ur post earlier on!! I just open the tin of frisocreme and added one tablespoon though the guide says 3 to my boy's milk as realise he cant really sleep through recently, he's hungry at night! I tested after feeding, it's really sweet for a baby! Think i will get organix and i shall drink the frisocreme on my own. I just fed my boy shark fins soup today and he loves it! Brought him to have valentines' day dinner together. My boy is very impatient, really cannot stand him until i gave him a dressing down today! I told my maid not to carry him. Realised every time go to my mil place, our maid will carry him as got nothing to do and when he got back home, he always whine to be carried and he even know how to call his 'jie jie'(maid) i scolded him today, not knowing if he understand but after that he stopped crying,smiles and went to bed. It's so hard to take care of him now when we got a maid, realy dont wish to spoil him.

Shin,

I'm also excited to feed my boy's solid and reading up and learning what kind of baby food can i make for my baby. Thought of making sweet potatoes puree for him since he loves mashed potatoes so much..erm..my boy doesnt have a sweet tooth, so far he reject all the sweet stuff, he likes bitter and tastier stuff. He had pandan cake and banana cake too.

Great, i m so keen to try the calendular bubble baths, but there so many type of bubble baths!

Groovy,

try spoon feeding her if she reject bottle? Dont be sad okay... maybe josie is one of those babies who dont like to suck...

Vals day,

Wanting to surprise hubby by showing up at work today but nikolas is on super extreme cranky mode today. I did housework all halfway just to attend to him.

Maybe he lack of sleep because on saturday we also made surprise for hubby, showing up at his biathlon when i told him i dont want to go in the morning. The whole day he did not sleep n only nap for 2 hr plus. The same goes on sunday.

He cld be teething too. Coz my friend who saw his gums said, wahhh 2 big teeth coming up! I cannot see but can feel only..

anyway.. hubby bought me a simple strawberry cake. Small n nice. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

He also bear with my cooking today, n bought me subway n otah - weord bit yummy combination- when i told him i have no appetite eating my own food! :p

didnt bought him anything haha!

shin,

There are puree that do not need to be cook. Like avocado, banana, papaya. I m thinking to start with those first.

heard nutritients will be lost but not all. If u cant afford the time then it is good to freeze i think.

Wah, ur mum's maid is super drama! Having hp is one thing, but to use it while working?

Can write soap opera show from her story hee hee

The "expensive" thing that I mentioned might not even be 10% of his bonus! Stingy hubby. Huhuhu...

Right now I even voluntarily paid for the maid salary, paid PUB bill which increases 3 times after Josie is born, and still paying the usual internet bill & 0% installment of our TV & fridge every month. Huhuhuhu... Because last time I got a chance seeing his bank acc which has been depleted during my maternity leave until become half of mine.. But now with his bonus he should gain more already..

Last time he at least buy me flower.. Yesterday I even asked him to buy groceries but he never bought chocolate for me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

PUB bills, last time he pays, but becoz now increases like 3 times after Josie is born, so I want to monitor, so I said to him I'll pay.. :S. A bit regretting. hahaha...

Ann> I've tried spoon feed Josie when she's awake but she also don't want.. Maybe that time she's so sleepy already so wanted to be carried to sleep instead. Now she has a habit, if it's near her drink milk timing, she'll be fussy, but only want to be carried to sleep first before drinking milk. huhu..

My mom said, my maid see Handphone price in the newspaper and said so cheap. Then mom said it's becoz need to pay every month phone bill so expensive, that's why the phone price is cheap.

Hopefully by that she won't ask to buy handphone anymore.. Quite scary if she has handphone and only make phone call or sms everytime..

Groovy, if you really plan to allow your maid to have handphone. Do set guidelines like only use it after work, before 12midnight. No using during working hours. Even with such guidelines, my maid still use it during working hours and work starts to be affected. Her toilet break are more frequent and longer. I have to tell her off to stop using the phone and she can still say cannot, she is just sms only. Spoke to the agent, she say once they have handphone, they can't resist using it. The only way to do it is that you hold their phone during working hours and give it back to them after they finish their work. They have to return before they sleep.

My maid contract is due in 6 mths so i'm starting to look for replacement.

This morning really gloomy for me n baby.

he is really2 sad these 2 days.

Dunno why.

N just now he poo 4 times since 6am.

when i latched him, suddenly he vomit.. a lot. N come out from the nose too. I think the stain was like 1 metre diameter, thats how much.

He looks like he lost hope to live like that.

Put him on carrier n now he is asleep.

Coud he be sick??

My hubby even when I want to buy new stroller, bumbo seat for Josie said no need, waste money, so I don't buy.

Now I want to find high chair for Josie too, but never had a chance to go browsing. Huhuhu..

Currently we only have 2nd hand stroller, still in good condition, but very troublesome to wrap it if we want to go outside. In the end we never bring Josie using stroller. We take turn carrying Josie which is quite heavy already. She's 6.4 kg now!!! Some more need to bring big diaper bag which is also quite heavy, around 5 kg. So we always take turn, one bring bag the other bring Josie, then if one bring Josie the other bring bag. Some more if shopping already, the one who brings bag must bring the shopping bag too... ZZZZzzz...

So inconvenient and tiring!

Last time I want to buy swim suit for Josie, but he also said don't buy. Regretting now no more swim suit there. The swim suit is cheaper in that place than buying in other places. Huh..

When I want to buy clothes or accessories for Josie he also said don't need, Josie has too much already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

@ shin: your mum's maid is really 好命!How can use hp to chat during working hours one....think ur mum really spoilt her liao! I already told my agent that i am not going to allow the use of hp for the maid when she works for me as i have a phone line at home which can be used to contact me in case of emergency....

@Claudia: Thank you for sharing your maid story. It is good that you are a SAHM so you can monitor the maid for yourself, for me initially i wanted to quit and be a SAHM temporarily till i got a better job offer (those who have joined this thread earlier would have known how nasty my boss were...) but who knows i got a job offer as soon as i send out my resume. I decoded it as a sign from god that i should'nt be a SAHM so i took up the offer as it was a big company and it can a be a big boost to my career development...that's when i started the maid hunt cos i was really tired from shuttling between MIL place back and forth and i forsee i cannot knock off work on time in my new job (at least for the start).

Talk about MIL, i really need to rant about her.She really very irritating, when i am working, she will ask me to take leave citing reason like "she want to go see doctor, she want to cook etc." Like the other day for chinese new year eve, most companies is on half day mah, she wanted me to take leave cos she wanted to cook (but when i apply leave, it is 1 full day that is deducted...). But when i am on leave, i want to take care of my son myself, she will call and call and pester me to bring my son to her place. Make me so pissed lor. My hubby was also on leave during that week and we wanted to spend quality time together , so i got hubby to reject her request. She got unhappy and eventually when i bring my son to her place , my son cried when he was carried by her, she made the comment that because i did'nt bring him to her place, my son dun recognise her and its my fault etc.

And another reason why i was pissed with her is that she threw away the FBM which i have stored at her place....mummies on my FB would have known sometime back i accidentally did'nt shut my freezer door properly and had to throw away 100+ bags of FBM. Whatever is at my MIL's place are reserves. So how could she throw it away without asking me? She only tell me she threw it away because i kept it very long there. FYI - it was late nov /early dec FBM which can still be fed to Eldrick. During the CNY visitations, her sisters and her also grill me again about my BM supply.

Yesterday, when i brought Eldrick home and did the wipe down for him, i noticed heat rashes on his face, neck and body. So this morning, i got my hubby to ask if she did switch on aircon or fan for Eldrick when he naps. She replied that no need to switch on the fan or aircon cos weather not so hot and dun waste electricity! Wah lau eh, my son is super scared of hot weather and can even sweat in aircon room, no wonder he got heat rashes la (cos she did'nt even switch on fan for him). And you know what, she further commented that when i brought eldrick to her place, the heat rashes was there (implying that it was us who did'nt take good care of our son).

Last but not least, what pisses me off is also the fact she like to snatch Eldrick away from me. Like in the morning when we bring him to her place, she would want to carry Eldrick once we step into her house (dun let us play with him a little before we go work) and when i finish work and go to fetch him, she dun let me carry Eldrick till my hubby reaches her place. Basically she treat me like i am transparent and dun give me access to my son. I really really dislike her! Am glad now my hubby know the true colors of his mum. Even hubby is pissed off with his mum for behaving like this (which is the main reason why he wanted us to hire a maid and not depend solely on his mum).

@groovy: dun be too upset about the hubby being stingy issue, my hubby also same, after i gave birth also never buy me gift anymore. Our wedding anniversary falls on my birthday, also never even bother to buy me present! Dun even need to mention "PUSH' present or V'Day present. Even simple meal to thank me also dun have! He only bought me the Agnes B bag i wanted after i rant and rant about him being stingy to me for Christmas.

Things i bought for Eldrick also comes out of my own pocket....and i dun get allowance from him lor. Go out also mostly i pay for the meals unless he initiates going to that particular resturant... sometimes i get pissed la but mostly i just brush it off since we are married and should'nt be so calculative la. However , sometimes also can't help but feel upset why other ppl's hubby can be so loving and will pamper their wife but not mine....i can never expect surprises from him. But come to think about it, all this material things which i dun get is compensated by his love for the family. He pampers me in other ways by doing the housework and taking the time to drive me to and fro to work everyday. And he helps me to take care of eldrick [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Try to think of your hubby's postive traits, it will help make u feel better [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia:

Yup can try. I find the whole brand good. I use myself too coz I have very sensitive skin but absolutely no allergies to their products. I like :p

Groovy:

I think most men are worried about money when they have kids coz they do feel responsible for the expenses of raising a kid at the back of their minds. They are also worried that eventually if the need arises for wife to stop working coz of the kids, they have to bear the full financial burden. If you keep having the problem of getting your hubs to spend/allow you to spend on your child, then perhaps set out a certain amt each mth for these "wants". So he dun feel like you are just wanting so many things for your Josie.

Like I shared earlier, I make him transfer a certain amt to joint account each mth for all household expenses & bills which I manage. Things for kids which I deem as needs are all from there too (and certain wants too). If other things which I buy for my kids out of my whims and fancies, I pay.

Re: Maid

I know most wont agree with me but I am one of those employers who allow free use of phone, freedom to go downstairs, etc. But in return, my maid is rather responsible. She takes very good care of my 2 kids so its a trade off for me - I close eyes, she looks after my kids well.

i second to fifi.. i m also using for my own rashes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] it really does soothes the itchiness.. i m tempting to try their body wash.. but so expensive for such a small bottle =P

Fifi, you have mentioned sunblock is good..i m so tempted to get it too. Coz nowadays 'expose' under the sun more often than usual.

Diveera,

My maid has asked me for mobile phone too. -.o" I told her that she can only use after she settled e day's stuff n must return me the hp before she slps. But I think difficult to implement. Haiz. She agreed to get her hp after she gets her full salary. Actually, ever since my no 2 came, she has been very busy. Sleep also affected. Duno where she will find energy to SMS or talk in e night.

Fifi,

U r lucky to get a responsible maid. I seriously dun trust them too much lor. N this maid changing affair is so troublesome. I rather not let her have too much freedom n not give me extra troubles. I also see enuff maids who talked on e hp non-stop. Like that how they work lah. ESP when they bring e kids out to playground n is supposed to supervise them. Not at all paying attention.

Welcome the year of the rabbit by encouraging them to save! This little rabbit will move it's ears each time u drop a coin into it!

We are the FIRST in SG to bring this environmental friendly product in!

What are they?

They are made of recycled paper and can be reused 100%.

Pls throw them in the recycling bin and it will be reborn as recycled paper again!

Creativity

Children can raise their creativity and expression through the process when they assemble the savings bank and draw on it.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5110892.html?1297737236

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5112757.jpg]

Fifi, Tiffy> It might be the case too. Quite lucky to get a thrifty husband who doesn't really spend on gadget. I myself also don't spend much on unnecessary things. That's why I want him to buy for me instead of me buying myself. huhuhu.. Because if I want to buy myself, I'll always end up not buying because I'm also very calculative..

Just now I'm thinking I haven't bought any nursing dress and now Josie doesn't want to be breastfeed anymore. Hehehe.. Save $$ too..

And I don't need to buy more nursing bra too.. I actually nowadays always bought bra without wire, because it has padding, very comfy to use, can be pulled up for nursing access (even though might not be as convenient as nursing bra), and the best is It's CHEAPER than nursing bra.. :p

Diveera ...

Coping fine ... been popping in on and off cos super busy during the CNY period.

Starry & Cyn ...

Me only rem that group that is so call 'good' for me cos whenever I was young ... ppl always tell me to find a ox hubby hahaha too bad mine is tiger. But generally I am q close to ppl who are ox and rooster thats why I believe lor and timing was just nice that my #1 was a rooster. Its typically a 4yr gap in between each animal.

I believe but not to the extend of going extreme abt it heehee

Starry - re: TCM, I tried Chen Bi Lian at Paya Lebar and also another Xu Qi Zhan at somewhere near Tiong Bahru, for purpose of curbing my thyroid symptoms. There was once I was very very ill, cannot even walk, no strength and kept shivering. Went to GP a few times over 2 weeks and none could find anything wrong with me. My mum had to help me into a taxi after convincing me to try TCM and amazingly, i recovered the very same evening after taking chinese meds. Since then, I am quite a believer.

Re: Household expenses. I think both husband and wife should share burden proportionate to income. My husband and I are quite practical persons. Frankly, I feel that gifts and fanciful buys for Valentines, birthdays and anniversaries are not really necessary (altho I still do nag at him just to remind him that he should appreciate me somehow). This does not mean you don't celebrate, you can still spend quality time together in a special and memorable manner. As we age, I think it is more impt to have a loving husband who understands, truly cares and loves the family deeply.

Re: Maids. It is quite sad most of working women are reliant on maids. I was joking to my husband - 2 impt things "M&M" i have to make sure in place for my baby before i return to work - "Maid and Milk Powder"! The government should also look into maid issue as it is (in my view) an important element in the whole support framework for childbearing in our society. Maids are actuallly quite smart as they know we need them and are dependent on them. It is very hard for us to control them and they often bring with them a whole host of issues - 'having bangadeshi boyfren, hanky-panky, stealing their work permits to buy handphones, disappearing from homes from time to time, mistreating kids etc. And... their salaries are increasing as fast as the prices of milk powder. These days, I think most employers have to see the "black face of the maids" rather than the other way round...we also have no bargaining power at all. My maid threatens to quit on me everytime I criticise her (not even scold her hor). She knows i dare not fire her cos I need her help if I want to continue working...and now with the news that there is a huge shortage of Indon maids, there is more demand than supply in her job market...if she quits and signs new contract, she gets increment! haiz

cyn, i feel for u. been there, done that. some grandmas are like that. They want to sabotage yr relationship with yr own child so that the kid loves them more. They are desperate for the child's love and it becomes a competition, u know? Not only my MIL, my own mother also likes to literally snatch the baby from my arms like as if im transparent. And my MIL ever carried my crying baby far, far away from me like purposely walked away with my baby when she KNEW the baby was crying for me. I finally stopped being nice and ran after my MIL and grabbed sofea back coz she couldnt stop crying for 15mins straight.

But seriously, yr MIL shouldnt have thrown yr fbm, thats just rude. i would flare up also. But at least, yr hubby knows what his mom is like. Some hubbys are protective over their moms despite the wrongdoings.

Beauty,

Exactly lor. The recent newspaper makes e maid sound super pathetic, low salary and such but in actual fact, if factor in all e accommodation, food, etc, we at least spend $1k a mtg lor. E govt wants working mummies yet makes maid expensive. Haiz.

Marissa, thank you for understanding how i felt. I really feel very upset that she behaves like that...keep telling myself to tahan her >.<

Beauty,

I second your thoughts on the maid issue. Working mums are really reliant on maids when there's no MIL or parents to help with taking care of the child. Plus infant care is so expensive! Even if infant care is an option, sometimes we need to work late, cannot even pick up the baby on time....so no choice have to hire a maid. Though there's lower levy that we need to pay if we have children at home, the expenses of having a child is really high and that's what is holding couples back from having baby. I am looking forward to listening to this year's budget and see if there's more schemes promoting child birth coming up [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Cyn:

I agree that MILs can be such a pain. My MIL will not snatch kayden alway from me. In fact she nvr wan to carry him now cos kayden always cry whenever they carry him. Well, good also lor. Sometimes I'll try to offer but he'll cry lor.

I find it rather irritating whenever kayden cries n she kept saying ke Lian la. Dunno y but I'll rather she just keep quiet.

My hb feels that she favors my nephew more. Well, he's born 10mths earlier than kayden. So now can walk n play lor. My MIL will auto feed him, carry him n look after him. But for kayden, she won't really bother that much. I told hb we will see how it goes. Mb now cos kayden always cry lor n she can't do much also. Anyway I can't be bothered la. Don't need her to show favoritism lor.

Lucky for me, kayden is quite chubby n putting on good weight. So she nvr question abt my milk supply etc. If nt think I sure flare up.

She also dare nt ask abt me taking no pay leave till June. Think she know I'll be angry lor. Haha.

i agree with zuen. Total expenses for maid is 1k+ a month as its not simply pay them salary + levy only.

Yup MIL can be a real pain. As my son had not met my FIL (who can't walk well), I went to their place this CNY (after 2 years of no mtg/talk). My MIL treated me - very polite and friendly. she even speak to me with chosen words! maybe worried that if she make me angry i will not bring my son to her place. I didn't want to be mean to old folks but I do need her to know who is in control of certain matters and pls respect my feelings.

Still pissed off with hubby. He bought me the wrong Ben & Jerry's ice cream flavors that I want to buy last time but in the end don't buy becoz he kept saying expensive..

Thinking that, he's quite similar to my own father who is very stingy to its own family. Even my mom who is a SAHM always kena scold saying she waste money etc even though mom always bought everything for us that's why she spent a lot [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Like this I won't ever want to be SAHM. huhuhu.. Otherwise next time I'll suffer. Even now if I want to buy anything using my own money he also already complaint don't buy lah..

Groovy,

Me as a SAHM will buy what I want 1st then claim from hb. If I buy my clothings and facial prod I will straight away use sub card lor. Can u buy n later claim from ur hb?

Back