(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

xin2,

u don't b too stress on urself. Tell urself it is normal for bb to cry. At least Kayden is not crying whole day, which something might b wrong with him. U need a break. Best is tell ur hb to take care of him 1 day, then u go to somewhere where u can scream it out, u will definately feel better

Good Morning eveyone,

wishes to rejoin the forum..and find a support group for each other. Since have resumed work and less busy compared to taking care of bby..kekek

Anyone care to add me in FB? [email protected]

My boy is already in his 16 weeks, but still has not increase hid intake of milk since 2 months.. He is drinking 100-110ml every 3 hourly, and sometimes refuses to drink his milk in the lateaftn/early evening. Sigh..

Hey ladies,

I am going back to work soon - after the cny.

Maeve is all the while taken care by myself for the past 3 mths and my mil only helps to take care when i am out or not free.

Yesterday i was out for a while and my mil said Maeve cried like hell. My mil said maybe she recognise my smell.

I was worried that when i am back in office, my bb doesnt wan my mil and cry.

Maeve had colic, so i dont wan her to cry too much.

Can your advise me how to prepare Maeve that her cretaker will not be around anymore...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Celia,

I've just added you in facebook.

Josie will be 4 months old the day after tomorrow. She's now being stuffed with milk in the day. 3x140 ml every 3 hourly. The other time I will breastfeed her directly, but looks like she's not drinking much when I breastfeed her. (since she's forever only drink from 1 breast).

All the time she will need to be carried until half asleep before we can feed her, both breastfeed and bottle feed [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Tiffy:

Trying my best not to be stressed. But being a 1st time mother, really can be at a loss sometimes. Really dunno wat bb wants lor.

Envy those mummies whose babies seem to be easy to handle.

Well, will persevere on though it's tough sometimes n cry buckets thinking of y bb like this n I can't seem to soothe him. Sometimes also feel useless lor.

Hi Shirley,

I also feared this scenario as I was also the sole caregiver for Ethan for the first 3 mths of his life. I was also worried that my mum may not understand his "pattern" or he may have seperation anxiety. But you may be surprise to find out that bby can really adjust themseves.

Maybe you can bring Maeve to your mil place and get her to be accustomed to her place and at the same time you are there with her in the new environment.

Bring along her favourite item or toy to your MIL place.

Xin,

Totally understd how you feel. My boi is also one such baby. He needs alot of attention and will be super grouchy and fuss alot in the evening. It was due to colic before, and now I think prob its a habit for him already..hahaha

Sometimes I will also compare with his cousin-my nephew who is 6 months older, who is ALOT easier to take care. No whining, crying, eat and sleep well, poo everyday..

So I will tell myself, every baby is different and hopefully he will outgrow it.

Groove:

Added you leow. I will also dream feed my boy as he will drink milk in half asleep mode..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin2,

last time when i had my girl, i also v v stress n cry too. coz dunno how to take care of bb at all, dunno what is routine, why bb always cry etc. In the end my girl have colic.

Now my daily routine v v busy one leh.

early morning wake up 5.30am to pump milk. Then wash up n had my breakfast.

7.40am ready to say gdbye to my girl coz daddy fetch her to sch. Aft she left for sch, i prepare those ingredient for cooking dinner etc. By 8.20am ready for Jaren to wake up, let him cool down then ready to bathe him.

9am -9.15am ready for milk milk.

9.30am- 9.45am rest time for him to let him digest his milk. then follow by flipping time n poo poo time n interact with him.

10.30am he need his nap. then i will go n pump milk while he is sleeping, eat light snack etc, cooking dinner.

12pm onward ready for him to wake up.

1pm milk milk time then let him rest n digest n follow by flipping or poo poo again and talk to him.

2.15pm he need to nap again. i will play iphone or rest awhile too n pump milk too

4pm he wake up

4.30pm Bath him

5pm milk milk time n play with him

6.30pm he need his 1/2 hr power nap

6.30pm my girl reach hm and we have our dinner

7pm he wake up n we have to entertain him.

8pm all of us play in my girl room

8.30pm his milk time

9pm ready for him to sleep

1am dreamfeed him

5.30am dreamfeed him by Daddy

Xin2: sorry to hear that e method didn't work for u n kayden. Dun worry, u will figure out wat suits the bothof u best I'm sure. Dun stress k? It might jus b a passing phase as well.

Mummies who delivered at tmc: how much cash deposit did u hv to come up with apart frm medisave deduction? My friend is delivering there and wants to b prepared.

mummies, thank you for the great advices and experiences on weaning. i'll talk to the doc then! the thing is, i am sure PD's themselves will have their own school of thought about this topic. i know some will say wait till 6 months no matter what since it's recommended for them to be on BM exclusively for the first 6 months, some will say once ready whether at 4, 5 or 6 months, baby will show us. just hope that we are reading those signs correctly and giving baby what she needs at the correct phase.

princess d,

do you think meghan will start weaning earlier than jade? or are you going to stick to your guns and wean her at 5 months too?

xin,

yes i am home alone with baby most days. somedays i will go over to my mother's place ard 5pm like that.. usual routine goes like this:

0600 - morning feed

0630 - she will nap and i will be back in bed.

0930 - feed her

1000 - bathe

1030 - nap (sometimes i will sleep a while too)

1200 - wake up, play

1300 - feed her

1330 - nap (i will surf net, housework, tv etc..)

1430 - wake up, play

1600 - feed her

1630 - nap (get things done)

1800 - wake up, play, bathe (dinner time for me while she plays by herself)

2000 - feed her

2100 - bedtime (watch tv)

2330 - feed her (sometimes don't need)

0330 - feed her (if she wakes up)

the timings can differ by +/- 1hr so it's not strictly a fixed routine.

Tiffy:

Thks for sharing ur routine. Wa. Really very busy day for u n u wake up at 5.30am?? Tats so early.

Ok, I shall go do a time table too.

Wat if baby don't want to nap at that specific time?

When u had ur gal, no routine? Then how was it?

Jac:

So good that jadelyn can sleep till 9am. Kayden always wakes up at 7.45am. Then she drinks milk 3.5hourly? Kayden drinks 2hourly leh. Then jadelyn can nap for so long lor. Good leh.

Hi Xin2,

I'm also taking care of BB alone.

Routine v similar to Starry and Tiffy

6/7am - feed and express milk

7.30am - back to sleep for the both of us

9/10am - feed, bath, play

10.30am - nap

12pm - feed,play

1pm - nap

3pm - feed, play, sometimes go downstairs for walk

4pm - nap

6pm - feed,wipedown,play

7pm - go out for dinner (BB will look around and nap when she;s tired of looking)

9pm - back home,feed

10pm - sleep/play if she's not sleepy

3am- feed

timing also not fixed.

During playtime, I'll give her tummytime, teach her how to flip (monitored). Most of the time she plays by herself, gym, cot mobile. Sometimes talk to her, watch tv. She'll play till tired and nap.

When she naps, I'll do some housework, nap with her, have my meals, surf net, watch tv.

Aloha mummies & Daddies!

Long long time didnt logon here! How is everyone doing?!

Ahha... I was also about to ask this, how many feeds are your baby currently doing with?

5 feeds? or 6 feed?

when is the last feed at night if they manage to sleep thru till 6am or later?

Xin2

My girl used to need me to carry her to sleep. I've carried her for 2hours before, put down she'll cry. It was very frustrting especially when at 2am I'm still carrying her while hubby is sound asleep.

I noticed that if she was carried for long hours in the day(by my mum/mil),she'll want to be carried at night.

From initial carrying, I moved on to yaolan. But because at night I dun want to use Yao Lan, I still hve to carry her but dun have to carry for long compared to previously.

Then, I switch from Yao Lan to a rocking cot. If she's ok with rocking cot, I'll not put her in yao lan. slowly she wean off yao lan. I'll rock her in rocking cot in the beginning, then slowly rock less. When she wants to sleep, I'll give paci and pilow and pat. Sometimes she fall asleep without my help,jus need to make sure the paci stays in her mouth.

Now I'm training her to sleep on the normal cot without my help as she'll be in infantcare next mth.

I think bb can be trained but need to take tiny steps.

Hope you can find a way to help you.

Most importantly, dun stress cos will affect bb.

When bb keep crying and you feel you about to lose it, put bb down and walk away for a while. Take a deep breath and calm down.

Ivy: My boy is still doing 6 feeds a day (120-125ml) Doesn't sleep through the night; Will wake up for feeds once at about 1-2am

hi all

now my boy drinks FM 150 every 3 hours in the day but at night 3 to 4 hour interval. he still doesn't nap much in the day (most time 30-60 mins) although I try to encourage him by patting and rocking. he will sleep on his own at night only but no sound nor light. My hubby and I got to whisper when he sleep otherwise he thot time to wake up leow.

Xin2, last few weeks my boy also still at 2 hour interval but (near to 100 days) suddenly he wanted more milk and the hours become more. I think just go with the flow and the hours will become more naturally

the PD i seen for injection said to add cereal to milk when baby is 4 month but must make sure it is not thick and still watery form. So I have already brought a can of rice cereal to standby. According to my mom, baby boys tend to be more hungry. In fact my bro drink milk + cereal since 1 mth old as he keep crying and crying.

btw any mommies drop hair? I notice i been dropping hair since last Fri [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] its everywhere, on the bed,baby, floor...

feeding cycle

7am - feeding. most times both of us go to sleep (baby will sleep on my bed) while my husband leave for work.

10am - feeding. I will wipe and change baby to day clothes, play. Leave him at play gym while I have breakfast. If my mom is at home, she will help to entertain him while I have breakfast.

1 pm - bath followed by feed (he must have his milk after bath)

1.30 pm - nap (usually 30 mins to 1 hr). I will wash his clothes plus quickly do some housework. Lunch time for me too. if he doesn't want to sleep i carry him using 1 hand and eat with the other.

4 pm - feeding followed by entertain baby

5 to 6 pm - try to coax him to nap (sometimes not successful) If successful, I get to eat with my mom. if not, we take turns to eat.

7 pm - feed + watch tv with baby. Wipe him again.

8 pm - coax him to rest (he will close his eyes and lay still. I or my mom got to sit there as he will peep to see if anyone is with him. If no one, he will cry and then got to carry him for the rest of the nite lor)

10 pm - feed + he continue to rest. Wipe and change to night clothes

11 pm or 12 am - Sleep time. I will transfer him from rocking cot to baby cot in bedroom.

3 or 4 am - feed (sometimes handled by Daddy)

Sometimes my day starts early at 6 am.

Ann, jac,

I start work at 7.30am lah. Not early for me liao.

Emmie,

Can't wait to start work? U must b kidding. I actually enjoy my ml this time with my mum's n helper's help. I think I m cut out to b hdb tai tai but WITH a maid. Lol.

Diveera,

He is ok with bfree bottle. Heng ah. I called home in e am n my mum says ok lor. Even if cannot, I also cannot rush home mah. I will b latching him after I m home.

Zuen, wat time do u end work then? 7.30am is early! Haha...thot u dying to go back to work, that's y in office so early. ML is extremely enjoyable with help! :p. Tell your hubby that u want to be hdb taitai with maid ;p

Tiffy. Your day starts real early n doesn't end early either! How u tahan? I'm lacking sleep daily! N can doze off while nursing babe!

Seems like most babes here go back to sleep after their first feed in the morning.

Metta, I hv been dropping hair for weeks! Hubby has been teasing me anthems hair loss. Ask me whether I want to go to yum nam haircare! Baby is also dropping hair. I just cut my hair yest. Hopefully it will curb the rate of hair loss

Princess: Oops ... I did send you a PM ... HAHAHAHA ... paiseh paiseh ... cos I was replying to starry's post before I send you that PM ... BLUR BLUR

i also cut my hair short. this time my hubby did not complain I think he got tired sweeping and vaccum floor ha ha ha

Xin2,

So far Jaren will sure need his nap when near his nap time, never miss at all.

Last time when my girl still bb, no routine. Only when she cry then I quickly warm up milk lor then nap time not fix at all. Aft learning fr forum mummies then set a routine lor. That time worse, no time cook lunch or dinner. N that time my hb on reservist, I have to b daring to bring bb out buy my dinner n only when she sleep then I get to eat my dinner cos she is a crying bb.

Now I do all laundry at night aft Jaren sleep

Tried carrying bb to sleep but he took so long to fall asleep lor. I cannot sit down. Need to sway n sway. Then still dun wan to sleep lor. Eyes look here n there.

End up I put him down n leave him alone. He cried n I offer him paci then he finally slept.

Aiyo super tiring looking after kayden lor. This also cannot that also cannot. He wasn't crying but screaming lor. Really dread the afternoons now.

Mummies who shared ur routine, how do u make sure that bb nap at the specific time? If bb dont wan to sleep?

xin,

jadelyn's timing really depends on when is her last night feed, kinda erratic now. but is she wakes up at say 6am for milk, she can sleep all the way till 9.30am or even 10am. she can sleep for anywhere between 45mins to 2hrs in the day. not fixed timing so i will always take advantage of the sleeping hours to do my own stuff or take a nap also. i don't have to "force" her to sleep, she will just yawn, rub eyes and i know it's time to take a nap. have you asked your pd why kayden screams and refuses to sleep? sometimes it can be a very simple problem with simple solution just that we don't know and didn't ask.

jadelyn's number of feeds is depending on how long she sleeps for. sometimes 2hrs will ask for milk liao. sometimes can still stretch till 3.5hrs. last time very accurate, every 3hrs on the dot. now very hard to catch timing.

princess d,

you sent me PM? didnt receive anything leh. about the lunch gathering, i can't make it. hubby back from his overseas biz trip on saturday and we gotta pack for our CNY hols as we are supposed to leave early sunday morning. sobs... missed a number of gatherings already...

re: weaning

a friend told me her pd said to start off with fresh fruits and veg purees first instead of brown rice cereal. i thought should be the other way round. this is getting more and more confusing! any views from experienced mummies here??

caris

Ok ok !![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry

Caris sent a pm to me add to you la...

Anyway, I'm one tat stArted with fruits! Heee... jade ate only avocado cos she nvr like cereal .. So after 2 attempt! I decided to let her have fruits instead.. Then soup n pasta ...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] feeding her was a pain last time ! She ll clamped up her lips whenever she sees cereal! But she is okay with fruits ! I mashed avocado n later mixed papaya / dwarft banana....only after 18mths she decided to EAT!!! N Now...... Sigh I cAnt stop her -.-

Jac, i read frm e link dat ann gave.. 1st solids can b rice cereal, bananas or avacado.

Princess_d.. Haha my mom said when we were babies all dun want to eat.. Skali hit 2 yrs old cannot stop eating until now. Now overfed alredy ;p

So the gathering on or not on 29th?

princess d,

guess i'm the blur one here then. hahaha!! wah, once you start jade there is no stopping huh! anyway she's taking in all the good stuff so don't have to worry lah. the only concern is maybe next time when she has pocket money for school and spend all on food during recess. i was like that last time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

marrissa,

my friend's PD advised her to not give cereal first as it may cause allergy. then older generation say what fruits like banana very cooling. eat already will cough. don't know should listen left side or right side. my take on this? try both when the time comes and see what she likes. :p

Starry

I'm v enthu about startin Claudia on solids. Already bought her bibs and was looking at cereal at the supermarket...heehee

But I think I better get the go-ahead from PD first as my girl has higher risk of allergies.

Allergies runs in my hubby's family =(

Oh...Jadelyn can't make it for the gathering? Been wanting to meet her and carry her after seeing her cute photos. haha...she's really a darling.

Princess d

I can't confirm on the gathering. Really keen to meet the cuties but might need to run errands for CNY.

Starry

Yeah,im worried on that too!HB n i was talking about it when one of our friend's dd spent all her pocket money on 100plus..LOL

Regarding banana,those dwarf banana(organic) type..is high in IRON those del montel big banana can caused phlegm..

Princess_d So its on ah? Skali i go, no ones there.. Muahaha. I saw e fb page. I thot u ladies r still discussing whether can go or not? Siow liao.. I IS BLUR Sotong!

Jac:

So good that jadelyn will just yawn n rub eyes n sleep lor. Kayden will whine n whine n then cry but can't sleep leh. Give him pacifier he also not keen but still make noise lor. Kept wanting to be carried. But carry he also nt happy lor. Still cry. Dunno wat he wants lor. Really so difficult leh. Imagine I hv to sit beside him whole afternoon cos he can't sleep. Super tired lor.

Tiffy:

Can share how in the end u managed to set routine for ur dd? I hope it's nt too late to start on kayden. Actually I hear him scream so scary lor. Scared he lose his voice or wat leh. Very fierce la.

Dunno how I can help him to nap lor. N he always very fast wake up Liao.

Emmie,

End work officially at 4.30pm. Unofficially....

I just changed new portfolio, old scope will do of almost everyday.

I tell hb liao, he ask me to wait until he earn 2x his current salary. -.o"

Cherry,

Your bb got security pillow/ blanket? Otherwise, give ur bb ur shirt that u wore overnight? My boy dun seem to hv separation anxiety leh. Look and behave the same when I was at work the whole day today. Lol.

Xin2,

To start a routine, begin on a fresh day. I can't remember how I start routine for my girl. But this time aft my CL left I start the routine for Jaren. I will bath him ard 8.45am then feed him on time at 9am. Give him 120ml coz I want to push to 3hrly feed. If can't finish, rest for half hr n feed him the balance. 1 hr later I carry him to sleep. Then 12pm will b his milk time but if he wake up early I won't feed him cos I know he sure won't finish hismilk if feed early. So just need to play with him till his milk time. Then next feed is 3pm n if he overslept I will wake him up for milk. I strictly go according to my routine. V fast he get used to it. Then now feed him 4hrly at ard 160ml-180ml. 1.5hr aft his milk he rub his eyes n he is tired aft all his flipping exercise so I put him on his bed n use CIO method. If he is too tired he won't cry n will just go to sleep aft turning left right few times. Then same thing lor, if he wake up early just play with him till his milk time. Usually he either wake up 1/2hr early or on time. Now he also get used to preparing him to sleep at 9pm n can see he is tired ard 8.20pm so will feed him milk at ard 8.30pm. Night time I will pat him to sleep but he will cry. Just need to endure n continue pat him w/o carry him. Need him to get use to sleeping w/o carrying.

nycmum,

Is Claudia having any allergies now? Most common allergens are wheat, soy, dairy, eggs... So have to be very careful when introducing cereal. I heard that brown rice is pretty okay since it is not a type a of wheat. Hmm.. Come to think of it, I've yet to come across anyone or any baby who is allergic to apples, banana, papaya etc.

Won't be able to go for gathering.. Wanted to meet baby Claudia in person too! She's so adorable! Facebook will have to do for now. Hope next round can go! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin,

I wish I could help with kayden's daytime nap issue. I empathize with you though. Really sounds very tough handling him in the day. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] But u have to endure and hope he will guai guai grow up and grow out of this phase soon. Only consolation I can give u is that he won't be like this forever lah. Hang in there okay, babe? U are a fantastic mom!

Cherry,

I read magazine article on this before and the writer also suggested using your shirt which u have worn overnight. Ur smell on the shirt will pacify baby. But I'm curious... Babies so young will have separation anxiety?? Thought only applicable for older babies like a yr old onwards.

Xin, I feel la it's not that our babies are easy to handle. Jus that maybe we are able to decode Wat they need and applied the right stuff to meet their needs. You see jaeden's photos, he always seems smiley and happy but he does cry a fair bit too. I manage to decode his cries. When he is sleepy, his cries will sound 'oink oink' when he suck his paci. So I know he wants to sleep. Mostly he needs help to sleep etc pat n hold his paci. He will struggle for while whether we carry him to sleep anot cos he is frustrated he can't sleep thou tired. So i just b firm, continue pat n hold his paci. Slowly he will calm down n fall asleep. I hardly carry n rock jaeden to sleep. Only once a while.

I think kayden cries so muchno matter Wat u do is cos he is tired but he dunno how to fall asleep himself. So jus be a bit patient, continue to pat n hold his paci until he quietens down. If not jus try flash him a smile. Jaeden can cry n cry with tears n when I smile at him, he'll smile back w tears still in his eyes n then forget abt his cries Liao lol

Dun despair or think that kayden is difficult to take care k.

Hi Xin,

My boy also screams..not cry. You are not alone [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Even the confinement lady also told me that since he was 2 wks old. So very jialat..once he starts crying cannot stop one. Cry until face super red..tears falling and no sound come out. I also super scared whenever i see this. My in laws keep telling me that he is very jialat so hard to look after not like his cousins....hear already make me feel even worst.

But normally his this kind of crying is when he is hungry or thirsty...But sometimes 1.5hr after his feed, he cry like that i also dunno wat to do. Scared overfeed him but thats the only way to stop his crying.

He also has the i want to sleep but cant sleep kind of crying...its also super loud but at least got short breaks of a few sec in between..I am still trying to enforce my sleep training but its getting harder and harder. Sometimes take 1 hr to put him to bed and he sleep 20min only...really want to faint.

I really dunno how to make him accept his pacifier. Cos the times that he accepts it, he suck suck a few time only then falls asleep.

Really worried when he get into infant care how they going to tahan his crying.

Btw, did any mummy buy the dumbo baby sitter chair for their babies? Is it useful? Thinking if i should get it.

Starry

so far i didn't really watch my diet n she's ok with my BM. My hubby's allergic to seafood but she's ok with the BM even when I eat seafood. My bil allergic to bird nest, my sil allergic to panadol. And they all v sensitive to dust(will keep sneezing n hv swollen n teary eyes). So worried Claudia will inherit the allergies.

Loca

you mean Bumbo? Many mummies here hv it. You should look at our FB pics. There's a Bumbo craze gg on. Haha.

Back