(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Princess,

My dd is 14.5kg at 2 y 8 m wor. Hohoho. She was a preemie, only 1.9kg at birth. She started school for 4 days too. I was worry sick but glad things turned out well, just minimal crying.

Re: sleeping on e day

Isaac is not sleeping well in e day too. Power naps niah n seems to b awake most of e time but can sometimes slp thru liao.

Re: carrying position

Hehe, he liked to be carried upright too. All e new patterns that they r showing.

Hi loca, don't bother too much about their comments. My baby was 2.84 kg but he looks skinny when he was born and people commented I eat rubbish during my pregnancy. My husband and I are not big in size, I was 47 kg before preg and hubby always at 71 kg though he is 1.76 m. I was also affected by the comments but really can't stop people from talking... just got to bear with it lor... most important thing is you are the one holding the most precious gift in your arms.

My baby, now 12 weeks also get fussy when wants to sleep.. but he cannot sleep on his own at night, nap time he could though. Usually at night, I will have to rock him and pat him a bit and swing him in my arms slowly.. It usually works, about 10 to 15 mins, he will be asleep. If he is still fussy, 60 ml of milk will usually work too. He loves to drink a little before he falls asleep. Right now he sleeps from 10 pm to 5 am without waking up for feed.

Loca: my boy needs to b carried or if I'm lucky pat to slp. Can't fall asleep on his own. Too curious always looking ard. He is very bad tempered always want things his way but I blame my in laws for that. Always give in to his slightest cry. So he's starting to manipulate everyone w his screaming haiz...

Hi everyone,

My boy is 2 mths n 10days old. He cries and fusses alot between 9pm to 12 midnight sometimes till 1 am b4 falling asleep. Is it normal? is it colic? shld i get med fr the dr? or is it jus a phase to grind my teeth n bear it thru? Tks for any advice. I am an adoptive mummy.

Hi die

Better bring your.boy for a check to see if it's colic if it has been going on for a while. Will put your mind at ease.

Stella,

I'm in the same situation as you. When my baby go to my in laws'place, he became more demanding when we r back home. As he got carried most of the time when he's there and he hardly sleeps as he's quite busybody. Now, he wanted to be carried to sleep! Faint! cannot sit down, must stand up and walk around somemore..when u tot he's asleep, and laid him down on his bed, he screams again! He's very bad tempered too..alway stamp his legs on the mattress or kick vigorously when he's unhappy esp to me because my mil alway say to him "aiyo, ur mummy no use hor, very slow, alway make u uncomfortable" babies are smart and i realised my bb is alway very rude to me, alway bully me. cannot even wait 1 min. Before that, he stills let me bathe him, play with him , but now he alway throw tantrum..faintz. i really dont know how to handle him

Stella/ Claudia:

I agree that in laws will spoil the baby lor. My in laws also same thing. Always wan to carry my boy n wen he makes noise or cry, they will carry him n walk ard. Wen he is at hm with me, I usually dun carry. Will try to talk to him instead. Unless really that he cry until very bad then will carry him.

But in laws cannot tahan bb crying la. Will always wan to carry n then keep saying hungy isit? Wan to sleep isit? Haiz. Headache lor. Sometimes so irritating lor.

Xin,

totally agree. I just did something which I feel guilty of myself. While bathing for my baby, my left hand supporting his neck, I guess it was too

slipperly, my boy slip to the side & was submerged in the water, I quickly held him up, & he wails very very loud. Don't know If he got knock onto his head or not, it was very fast & I was shocked & quickly held him up. He's asleep now. Hope he is ok. I was stunned for words now. He's 3 mths old.

Re: baby's bad temper

I think it's weird ppl ESP those elders think babies have bad temper jus cos they cry? Babies can't talk so their only communication mode is to cry mah.

My baby oso will stamp his feet when he don't get his feed in time etc. Hehehe to us we think he is impatient. But then in the baby's view he dunno what is wait mah. So all he will do is cry to get our notice and until the feed reaches him. If we think abt it, it's his way of talking to us, not bad tempered. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My MIL also ever say my boy bad tempered but I ignore. Even if he us really bad tempered who knows maybe is inherit from my MIL's son lor :p

During confinement, everytime my boy cries, my mum thinks he is hungry and wants me to feed him. It got to a point that I'm always feeding him on an irregular basis! I decided to put a stop to it and reason with my mum. I told her if she keep letting my boy feed irregularly when I return to work she has to take care of him, end up she will suffer!

Nowadays when my mum is ard my boy v smart he will fuss and cry more cos he knows my mum will pick and carry him. Lol I told my mum she will suffer next time hahaah now she try to carry less

Re: baby's bad temper

I think it's weird ppl ESP those elders think babies have bad temper jus cos they cry? Babies can't talk so their only communication mode is to cry mah.

My baby oso will stamp his feet when he don't get his feed in time etc. Hehehe to us we think he is impatient. But then in the baby's view he dunno what is wait mah. So all he will do is cry to get our notice and until the feed reaches him. If we think abt it, it's his way of talking to us, not bad tempered. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My MIL also ever say my boy bad tempered but I ignore. Even if he us really bad tempered who knows maybe is inherit from my MIL's son lor :p

During confinement, everytime my boy cries, my mum thinks he is hungry and wants me to feed him. It got to a point that I'm always feeding him on an irregular basis! I decided to put a stop to it and reason with my mum. I told her if she keep letting my boy feed irregularly when I return to work she has to take care of him, end up she will suffer!

Nowadays when my mum is ard my boy v smart he will fuss and cry more cos he knows my mum will pick and carry him. Lol I told my mum she will suffer next time hahaah now she try to carry less

Hi,

So long didnt post...been bz with the lil one.

I scanned thru the recent posts and found that your babies can sleep thru the nite.

My gal still have to wake up once in nite for nite feed. E.g. if her last feed is at 9 or 10 pm, she will ask for milk at 2-3 am. If her last feed is at 12 MN, she will cry at 5-6 am. Hw do your train your lil one to sleep thru the nite?

Mummies, my gal's forehead is very cold n with some sweating. What happened to her n what should I do? Thanks.

Good morning! Happy sunday!!!

enjoy ur day with ur loved ones n of course, ur little ones!!

Agree with lilac white on crying!! It is a method of communication.. n just as sone of us are good n bad communicators, some babies will cry a lot too..

N also cry according on how we respond to them...

Sometimes drive me mad too when my baby cries but now i can more or less understand his cry. Sometimes want to poo, wants to sleep, or just bored n want to walk ard..

Tomato..

My boy sometimes sweat a lot too in aircon room,

Most of the time he is feeling uncomfy. Likely thay he wants to be burped or wants to poo...

N after the jab also, his palm n feet are cold but his head sweat!

Tomato

Did ur baby just have a jab? Don't panic, take ur bb temperature and must be between 36 to 37.5 degrees.

Shirley,

Typically the pd defines sleeping thru the nite as sleeping for stretch of 5 to 6 hrs. My bb is like u, feed at 12am n wake at 6 to 7am

Hi mummies, how's everyone?

Want to check with mummies, can i mix two or more pumps of milk and freeze them ? That is, add one pump of milk into previous pump which is in the fridge, then freeze them? Or should freeze separately? I going back work in 4 weeks time, need to find ways to start storing my not much supply.

Morning mummies,

Hb went to work already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] left me n kayden at hm lor. It is officially me n bb at hm from now on. Hopefully can cope.

Decided to shave bb hair yesterday due to all the trouble to manage his cradle cap. Hb shaved for him n he was very guai. Did not move or cry. Look so different now though. I miss his hair. Haiz. But for his sake n easier maintenance, no choice lor.

Mummies who shave bb head, can I ask how u all wash the head? Just use cloth to wipe a bit? So scary after we shave his head. Realized that the scalp is so soft. Especially the front part. Can even see the pulse jumping.

Good morning!

Xin,

I put some soap on my hand & then gently wash baby's head in circular motion. The last time my baby has very serious cradle cap too. On the eyebrow as well. I apply calendula cream religiously on the area with cradle cap. The cradle cap is all gone now. Baby have very sensitive skin, sometimes if he go to my in laws' hse, come back sure have rashes or pimple on his face as they smoke and alway like to kiss or use hand to touch his face. I will apply the cream for him during bedtime & usually the pimple/rashes will disappear in 1 or 2 days.

Shortyncute,

I tried cleaning baby's tongue but failed, but recently the white stuff on his tongue drop off.

My bb becomes more fussy after the jab or don't is it the frequent visit at in laws hse as he's overstimulated. Too many ppl there & got carried ard. Weekend stayover, worse, 12 midnight then sleep as they play mahjong, tv on till very loud. Bb kept crying & waking up intermittently. Can only fall asleep on my arms. Once put down, start to cry again. Luckily when back home, he can sleep on his own

Hello good morning

Hi Claudia, i also Oct mum but silent reader..

May i know what brand of calendula cream are u using?

Good Morning, it is already the 2nd week of Jan. So fast hor. a few more weeks is Chinese New Year.

Xin, i just use wet cloth to wipe his head gently. Yes, can see the pulse.

Claudia, aiyoh your IL should consider that the baby is there and not be so noisy. Especially if he is not sleeping well. Good that he can sleep on his own back home.

Dear all,

I have the following items to let go in exchange of either similac, enfapro or a small token of $10

1 tin of 400g Nestle Nan Pro 2 (expire on Nov 2011)

1 tin of 400g Nestle Cerelac Rice (Blue Color)- expire on 27/9/2011

1 box of Nestle Cerelac (Rice & Mixed Vegetable)- expire on 16/11/2011

Kindly email me at [email protected]

MOrning mummies!

So long didnt logon liao.. lost some of the threads. How is everyone doing?

Claudia, Stella, i think it's more the same for grandparents to want to carry the babies lor. My ILs also the same, bb make a little noise, they start to carry. faintz.. But we do need to constantly tell them not to carry when they make a little noise..

Bad temper. I agreed wth Lilacwhite, it's their way of telling us something since they cannot communicate in the language to us now. My girl also will stamp or slam her leg on her bed lor.. but will not cry, smehow the old folks just like to pick them n carry.

Good Morning Mommies and daddy

Haiz..wat a gloomy MOnday!!I am car-less today and have to send JAde to school later with Meghan tagging along...grrrrr

Rubie

Some mommies n i are using Mama Earth and Califonia Caledula cream[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Claudia

Did you tell your IL not to smoke and touch your bb???Have you heard of 3rd hand smokers?

Smokes lingers in their hands skins and clothes even though they are away while smoking!!!

It will harm our babies!VEry sad..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

destitonia

I think it is not advisable because once froze milk is thawed,you have to used it unless u can make sure those thawed milk can be used up at once[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]otw,always separate it[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]This prevent wastage too![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen

If your PD assess her and said her weight is ok,THen ou shoud not worried because,both my HB n i are not that kind of big build ...I just gotta make sure she is growing at the right pace[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lilac,

hahaha..your boy boy ah..sure knows who to bully hor..his grandma the firs victim!LOL..but im sure his grnadma don't mind at all.....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shin

Yes,when Aedan's time...you'll feel it too!Esp when he goes for NS..LOL

I was so worried but my girl proved me wrong..hahaaa

But i realized that she is bored during her chinese lessons because she wasn't exposed to mandarin activities b4![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

But on her 3rd day,she was OKAY and v co operative!^^

Mommy here still kancheong la...whne sent her to her classroom,she said..."mommy,i'll see you later...my friends are here!!-.-"Ciao mommy!!!off she goes.....see la!now im the one that felt unwanted!wahahhahaha

Claudia:

How bad is ur baby's cradle cap? Mine like flaky flaky yellow kind. Then after using the cradle cap shampoo, it starts to dry up n some parts become big pieces stucked to the scalp leh.

Where u bot the cream from? Wat brand n how much?

Re: spotting

Any mummies still got occasional spotting? This morning suddenly got a bit spotting again. Y isit like this?? Need to see gynae??

hi mummies, long time no post.. hardly participate.. Just back to workforce last week.. nothing much to do yet :p hope to chat with u mummies more ;)

Status Updates

Just a little bit of updates on my gal, she's coming to 4 months in 2 weeks time, she sleeps through from 8pm to 430am (and 2am on bad days). She's on TBF but I've slowly switched to exclusive pumping since I come back to work le (no choice..), pumping 4 times per day yielding around 1 liter. She drinks 150-160ml, 6 feeds per day. She weighed 6kg 60cm @ her last 3 months checkup. That's all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xin,

My boi oso got very bad cradle cap. His front part of the head is all flaky leh, how did u manage to shave? I used both cradle cap shampoo + olive oil. It seems to itch cos he started scratching and the flakes came out in big pieces with his hair! Now, he is bald in e front part if his head, like some ah pek. Haha. The ugly flaky pieces are almost all gone, left with wat seem like dry skin. I hope e hair grow back. -.o"

Re: MIL

My mil always say that my kids are sleepy n needs a nap if they yawn n must be hungry if they are crying/ fussing. If she is right, then I think the kids will either be sleeping or eating the entire day. Lol.

hi mummies,

this is week is my second week back to office. very tired. for some strange reason, my boy had colic for the past few days. cry from 6-9pm for the past few nights.

Xin,

I m also using baby California calendula cream. It's effective. It's cheaper to get from bp. I got mine at watsons, $29.90. Ex.

Flaky, during bath time, use the wet hanky to gently clean away the flaky stuff

Hi all

Hope all is coping well with babies! So busy with packing room - my mom moves to a smaller room and give me the larger room to make into laundry cum study room. she volunteered so ok la. So hard to pack as need to look after baby. Can only do bit by bit whenever he sleeps.

Bad temper - my baby has bad temper since 1st week and is getting more stubborn these days. Every1 said he takes after me in this area. ha ha i am not denying as I do have bad temper and is very very stubborn most times. hee karma lor.

Nap - now he naps longer at times more than 30 mins. he also know how to "indicate" he want to sleep by looking and bending towards at his rocking cot (i got 2 diff cots - 1 in bedroom another in sitting room. He sleeps in rocking cot in the day)

FM - my boy still drinks 100ml but almost every 2 hours (sometimes he doesn't finish it) in the day. I tried making more to extend feeding to 3 hrs but failed. Only at night he drinks about 3 hours interval sometimes 4 hours. he is now 6+ kg. PD said growing well although he is on soy milk so long as he drinks and grow its ok to feed every 2 hours.

Mouth cleaning - he used to cry when we clean for him once in a while so my mom ask me to clean his mouth every day using a wet cloth during bath time. after a couple of times, he is happily tasting the water after the cleaning.

are your baby food lovers? I think mine is. He even want to eat Bah Kwa and orange or any food which smells good. He will drool saliva and look at us with open mouth! when we ignore him he will cry and cry. Poor guy we keep telling him a few more months b4 he can eat. hee

Hi princess diamond & Kiki

Tku for the info.

my update:

my baby is 3months 1 week today. He weighs 6.3kg, 61cm long. He is taking 160ml daytime and 180ml night time. 5 feeds per day. He can sleep a stretch of abt 6-8hours. I worried worried he wont get enough.

He can have his milk in the afternoon 4plus, 5plus and sleep until 3am to get his feed. I am now trying to adjust his timing by waking him up at 8pm to wash up, change pyjamas. So he will take another feed at about 8plus then sleep at 9pm. Hopefully he can adjust to this routine soon. My heart pain to wake him up cos he is sound asleep. anyone else here having same problem?

Want To Sell: 2 X M Size Mamy Poko (44 piece Each)

Dear all,

Want to sell 2 packs of M Size of Mamy Poko with 44 piece each. Brand New. My son has outgrown it.

Usual price is $16.80. Selling only for $23.00 for 2 packs.

Interested parties, please sms me at 97421248 or email me at [email protected]

Self collection at Suntec during work hours or Jurong West or Bukit Panjang after work hours.

Picture as follows:

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/3218/img1000lb.jpg

princess

Wah jade is really cute.. She speaks like adult and still tell u.. Ciao mummy! Hahahahha adorable!!!

A bad Monday for me... I'm sick over the weekend and today my boy decided to be cranky with me. Wail whole day if pacifier drops and wanna slp.. So I rock him and when he fast aslp, I put him down and wall away to wash his bottles, he wail like nobody's business.. As though I've just pinched him. Then I had to keep carrying him to sleep.. Tried putting down again and wail non stop! Today he very bad mood and bad temper sia! Hais... Then finally after all the crying I managed to soothe and make him sleep at 9pm and that's when my MIL and hb came back.. My little fellow NEVER make noise! Just kept sleeping when hb took over and placed him in cot. You see!!!!! Big bully or not!

Just when I thought I bought the baby bjorn carrier, can bring him out for short while to playground or etc.... He wails when I try to put him inside. Maybe today is just a bad day [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] how to bring him out like that? I'm so bored stuck at home but my boy's temperament totally doesn't allow me to bring him out... Boo hoo hoo... So envy some of you can bring ur baby here and there and they guai guai follow!

Experienced mummies,

Can I know isit normal to hv spotting or even some blood discharge while still bf? I've got blood discharge that is dark red colour since yesterday leh. Worried n wonder y liked this? Anyone with same expeience? Feeling a bit cramps also.

Today bb turns 100 days old n wat a way to show it! He woke up at least three times at night between 12-6 am drink a little milk n fuss to go to slp again. The last round at 6 plus he dun wana slp even though he's very tired. Fuss n fuss for an hour had a bit of milk n I tried to put him to slp. Carry him n he slept, e moment I put him down he started rubbing his face n woke himself up n started crying. The cycle repeated at least 5 times before he finally ko. Wat happened to e "100 days baby gets easier to handle"?? Today is looking like it's gonna b a very long day for me..

Morning all!

Shin, hugs! Could just be a off-day for baby. Hang in there! Maybe you can just try going downstairs for a walk with baby in the carrier to get him used to it.

Stella, yes I'm also wondering abt the 100days myth! Mine doesnt seem to get easier either... Rest while he does...

morning mummies!

rubie

wah 6-8hr stretch! so cute, ur baby sure can sleep.. think u dun have to worry abt not enough milk, as long as he's gaining weight consistently and happy then should be ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

xin2

i do experience contraction/cramp type of pain when I breastfeed/pumping, but that is for the first two months only.. my lasy gynae checkup shows no more blood clot and uterus has returned to its normal size... did u do any of the checkup? Please see a gynae soon if problem exists

Hi princess, I'm combining two pumps cos one pump not enough for one feed. I trying to store the excess after latching at nite cos I realise my bb dun drink much at nite. Hopefully can build up the ss before going back to work. So it's ok in tis case?

Hi all

My baby boy turns 100 days yesterday and it isn't getting easier too. He wakes up 12am, 2am, 4am, 6am every night and it doesn't seem to get better... I am going crazy due to lack of sleep. I get irritated so easily nowadays as I am lacking in time - no time to sleep and no time to exercise. Going back to work soon and still look soooo pregnant (very depressed...). Bb usually wakes up and drinks about 30ml then drifts back to sleep again. It is almost impossible to feed him more when he just does not want to drink...

Kiki:

I had my checkup n gynae say uterus bk to normal leh. So I wondering if it's menses come bk Liao. So fast lor though I'm total breastfeeding leh.

Re: babies who shave head

Can I ask those whose babies shaw their head, do ur babies cry wen bathe? For the past 2 days after shaving my boy, he cries whenever after bathe leh. Dunno isit the head cold or wat leh. How do u all bathe baby? Normally I'll lay the towel on the bed then carry him from bathroom to the towel then wrap him up leh.

Beautyseet:

I think ur baby muz be drinking not enough tats y keep waking up. How abt in the day? U also feed every 2 hours? The nurse at my gynae clinic say to feed more during the day so that night time will be more full. Especially the last feed. N is ur baby sleeping a lot in the day? Mb Tats y at night can't sleep well?

xin2

I rem when I had my menses back when I start weaning off last time, also dark colour discharge and then turn to normal menses colour.. and it lasted for about 2-3 days.. yeah a bit too early for TBF leh.. but maybe urs is menses.. monitor first ba..

Xin: I shaved my baby's head. He ok leh nv cry during or after bath. Maybe ur baby feel cold cos these few days quite chilly. I will wrap my baby's head and body with towel the min I lift him out of the tub. Scared he catch a cold if I dun wrap him till I rch bedroom

Hi,

I have a big problem with my BB. She refused to drink my EBM from bottle. She is ok to latch n drink forumla milk from bottle. I tried mixing formula with EBM. Or change the bottle of FM and EBM while she is drinking. She somehow can taste the EBM and start to cry n split our the EBM. I am gg back to work on thursday. I really dunno how. I have been throwing EBM. I tried putting EBM in glass bottle, plastic bag and plastic bottle. All fail. Even direct express out EBM that haven go into the fridge she reject. She was drinking EBM fine for the first 10 weeks till i started latch her fr 10 weeks onward. She is 15th week old now.

Shin:

Just keep trying. Kids may take a while to get used to carrier.

xin2:

BF does not mean confirm no menses. It can just have a delaying effect on some people. Some still get it anyway. Varies from person to person and also depends on whether you feed/pump at nights/regularly or not.

Fifi:

Feel so sian if really menses come bk liao. So fast lor. N having cramps again. Haiz.

Tot can take some time before menses come bk leh.

I total breastfeed day n night lor. Nvr pump at all.

My menses is back when Josie is 5 weeks and 7 weeks old. I dunno whether it's still lochia or not but it's very heavy and my lochia has been just spotting until early 5th weeks, and stopped completely 2 days before the heavy bleeding.

The day before I get my menses one of my breast goes unpump & undrink for 7 hours until rock hard. Maybe that's the reason.

Ever since that 7th weeks (around mid nov) I haven't gotten my menses anymore..

Back