(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

Hi mummies,

It's been some time since i log in to the forum...so busy and worn out with the toddler..he is forever energetic and starts walking and even running around the house the moment he opens his eyes..tiring...! He's so cheeky, likes to call me papa and his papa mummy!

Hows everyone coping with their toddler?

Congrats to Groovy!! Your maid is leaving..hope u find a good maid soon!! Maid issue is never ending..like mine..likes to eat my son's snacks and use his stuffs like his toothpaste and baby cream! I m also on the look out for maid..current maid is myanmese ..anyone here has good experience with myammese..?

Claudia,

I m also in e midst of changing maid. My one month indo is trying to drive me crazy. I think something is wrong with her head, no common sense at all. Lol.

I contemplated switching to myanmar maid too but backed out and chose back an indo maid. I have never hire myanmar maid b4 but heard that they aren't very good with kids. It is a generalize statement though, there will definitely be some good ones lying around. Good luck!

finding a good maid is really a matter of luck..I've heard some success stories but also horror stories. I don't like having an outsider in the house so will persevere on to look after Ethan myself.

want to check, has anyone tried switching over to open rim cups yet, instead of straw cups? I was wondering whether the DOidy cup is useful but the reviews are mixed.

Emma,

Not when there r 2 kids. By e time hb and I tucked e 2 kids to bed, we are almost dead. I cannot imagine having to do housework after e kids sleep. N my hb Often works late + weekends so I need an extra pair of hands otherwise I think I will die young. Lol.

Talking about maid! This maid of mine is asking for off day on Christmas! She already asked for off day during hari raya and hari raya haji and I allow her.

Now she's asking again even though she's not a Christian.

She has lots and lots of maids friend! Really, even though I never allow her to go out. She just chat through window even though my house is at 5th floor.

Then can chat with the maid in the flat across the street too.

When she asked for Handphone I allow her on weekends only, she works with handphone and using handsfree, wash dishes also by chatting on phone.

It's a bit of blessing in disguise that she wanted to leave soon, becoz I can't imagine if she stays for long maybe she'll ask for pay raise, off days etc as she knows her friend got how much becoz they always compare benefit even though I always ask her never ever compare what you have with what your friend has.

She even dare saying she heard from her friend, MOM rules that we must give them off days once per month.

I told her, I choose new maid also no off days liao. And I never saw anything in website.

It's not a must but just recommendation.

Cross finger the new maid will be good, won't be too chatty as this one..

Huhu, some more Josie currently doesn't want to let strangers to take care of her now.

When I went back to Jakarta it's like torturing time. None of my mum's maid is able to help us to carry, feed etc. Some more my room is upstairs and living/dining room is downstairs so I've been carrying Josie up and down lots of time in a day.

In the end I go back sore throat, flu and down with cough.. sigh..

When I saw the maid that my mum said last time she want to give to me, I think she's very similar with my current maid leh. Very chatty. Luckily in the end didn't choose her.

My current maid even though chatty but she can cook, take care of child, and do housework. So must really close one eye.

Btw, any suggestion how to let strangers handle our toddler now? I'm afraid when new maid come she can't get used to them anymore. Hux..

If she go outside to church she's okay, lots of unknown people hold her hand, play with her is okay.

Especially if sleepy, only wants me or my current maid to carry her! Sometimes even only want my current maid as she knows I won't carry her using sarong to sleep anymore. Sigh..

She doesn't want my husband, parents or in-law to carry her when sleepy. Huhuhu..

Hi

Busy preparing for X'mas although my family are not Christian :p ... kids love their x'mas gifts and we have our annual x'mas family dinner gathering.

Just to share what PD advice me - allow baby to play in his baby cot. He will naturally learn to hold the wooden pillars as support and try to stand or climb. This will build up his muscle. Must be under supervision as we dont want him to fall out of the cot. When standing is stable, they will learn to walk.

Groovy, now my son also dont want anyone but me in the middle of the night. So I very lack of sleep as my husband cannot attend to him if he cries in the night (which happens more now since he is teething) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Guess they are in the stage of being sticky to their caretaker. Perhaps you need to ask you maid to stop using the sarong.

Mummies, wondering those who goes overseas, what did your child eat?

Does he/she eat in the restaurant, same food as you (soupy food)?

Or did you bring your cooking equipment?

Groovy,

Isaac is still very much on puree when we go out. However, he is starting to take "outside" food. He enjoys the fishball noodles and frid rice as much as we do.

Hi all,

Wah missed this thread!! But very busy with new job! Haha..

Groovy,

My bub now eats anything we eat. In fact, I have to force him to drink milk, else he doesn't want to. And he no longer wants to drink milk from the bottle. He wants it in a straw cup. Haiyoh. His favorite food is rice and noodle and chicken. If I ordered kway teow he will eat kway teow. He thinks he's a big boy already. Hahaha...

Congrats Groovy for the new addition! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happy New Year everyone!! Hope all our Oct mommies can have a GREAT year ahead!

Hi everyone! Will be returning from USA in Jan for holiday and looking to organize playdates with mums staying in sengkang area! My girl is coming to 15 mths and love to play with other babies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. If you are interested, pls pm me!

Tinggy,

My boy just took the MMR. He didn't cry during the jab and no fever after that. All is well. I also took a chance because he's actually only 90% recovered from flu. But I just had no time to reschedule.glad things turn out ok. hope it's like that for your kid.

Tinggy,

Isaac took his MMR combined with Chicken pox too. No fever but I tot he had some rashes. He has eczama base though.

Re: Walking

Isaac sudddenly started walking and is now making us walk with him everywhere bcos he is still unstable and insisted that we hold his hand while he walks.

MMR, my boy also took the MMR. today is the 6th day. He is a little cranky (may be due to teething too) but no fever. Got to monitor situation till 10th day as adviced by PD.

ZuEn, Great to konw Isaac is walking [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] so cute to see them walk

QQ, yup2 I'm with Dr. Don Wong now..

Consultation wise I prefer him compare to Dr. Ang. He doesn't mind to spend more time with patient. Maybe also because he doesn't have much patient. Ultrasound is done for quite a long time, can see baby movement etc.

But, I don't know about delivery wise though.. I can't find any review on him in forum [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

He delivers in Mt A and TMC and maybe Mt E..

His package is $660 starting from your first visit in week 6, inclusive of calcium and vitamin. But he specifies in which week you can go to him (week 6, 8, 12, 16, 20, 24, 28, 32, 34, 36, 37, 38, 39, 40). If you see him other than appointment time, you'll need to pay.

After delivery consultation is not inclusive on package.

His delivery rate I guess it's quite similar with Dr. Ang. Not very sure though..

He's not very generous in giving MC I guess. Only if you meet him during consultation and ask then he'll give. Otherwise it's a no no.. So far I never asked for MC yet.

The bad thing is of course the waiting room is shared with GP, so if someone cough etc you need to bear with it. But his toilets is very very clean and nice like hotel type.

Hey, any toddlers allergic to any food?

Isaac is to peanuts and probably almond and hazelnut. We rushed him to A&E yday.

zuen

i always tot they r supposed to stay away from nuts like peanuts etc... until a certain age ( in my mind is 2) cos chances of allergy to nuts is high for them.. so up till now.. NO nuts of any form is given to Aedan. Hope ur boy is ok [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

re: chiltern house

hi mummies.., any of u can gimme advice / feedback of any form abt chiltern house? is the CC good cos i heard it is quite good! thanks in advance [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shin,

I overlooked. The first time, I shared with him my peanut butter sandwich, which I forgot contains peanuts. Yday, it was choclate chip cookies. I went back to look at the ingredients and found that it contains hazelnut & almond. My bad.

zuen

hows ur boy now? hope he's ok.

nvm.. sometimes i think its very difficult for us to really keep track of everything so i also try my very best lor. do take care

Shin,

After all the hooha, medication and all, he is fine. In fact, he was back to his naughty self. It was us who had a bad fright.

Hi!!

I remember Josie one time also allergic to Healthy Times Barley Cereal.

She shown quite a big red patch, like if she's bitten by ants, and it's in her cheek, hands, legs and some part of her body.

I thought she kena bitten by ants, but then looks like she doesn't feel any itch. Then we realize it might either because of the Barley cereal or Heinz Chocolate biscuit that we give her that day. It's gone in the 2 days though, so we never bring her to doctor as she doesn't look like she feels any discomfort. That time is when she's around 9 mths..

After that we never tried to give her both items again. Most likely is the Barley cereal since nowadays sometimes we give her a small piece of chocolate and she's okay

hihi, I just popped in to see what's going on in this thread after sooooo many many months. Glad it's still 'alive'! :D Happy new year to everyone!

Zuen,

Sorry to hear abt issac. Was it a very serious case? Glad he's fine now!

Hello!!!

Zuen..

Glad isaac is better now. Must hv a scare of ur life!

Congrats on issaac walking. U must b very busy now.. Hehehehe

hi all

My boy has develop rashes and fever on the 9th day after he had MMR [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] .. luckily fever has now subsided. Rashes is still there but think its recovering. Doc said it will take 5 days

Are you all sending your tot to classes? I am keen but my hubby is not. He said too young and want to wait till he is 3 or at least 2 yr old.

Jac,

Rashes, vomit, slight wheezing (I think).

Scare the hell out of us. The drive from Vivo city to SGH felt so long.

Ann,

Haha, he just kept making us walk with him. I tot it was more tiring when he was crawling cos we have to constantly carry him.

I am not active posting in FB but I see so many updates on Js and N. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Looks like Isaac is the only suan one with serious allergic. I was wondering how to manage. Must read all food labels before we can feed him? Hmmm...

Metta,

Isaac just started My Little Gym. It is a good avenue for him to exhaust some energy. He just started last week and enjoyed himself.

Hi Zuen,

glad to know that Issac is well. Really must have been scary for you.

Well, think really got to take note of the ingredients used before feeding him i guess.

Actually I would agree with you that it is less tiring now that our kids can walk. Less carrying around. And so cute to see them walk. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen

I feel more tired after N is walking now. Got to keep closer eye n he keep messing up with stuffs!! Lol. He is into hiding things now.

How bout eggs? Can he take egg?

Lets hope the allergy will go away some day when he is bigget. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Metta

Those classes r good if u hv the resources to do it. Also keep u sane meeting other mummies. Hehehehe..

However, no, i dont plan to send N to any classes yet. Maybe when he is abt 3 we will consider. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hope the rashes gone soon.

Xin,

How is ur no 2 coming along?

Ann,

He is ok with eggs and milk. I am gg to bring him for prick test soon. My other guess is seafood.

Happy new year to all mummies,

I'm a silent reader of nov mummy. I'm thinking of lettingmy son go for enrichment class when he turned 18 mth. Can any mummies advise n share where is recommended and good? I never been to any trial so far. Anyonebeen to billionairekids at Nex as it is near to my place? Izzit good?

Zuen,

Thanks for your concern. No 2 is getting on fine. Feeling tired easily nowadays though. Kind of worried though on how to manage 2 kids but will try to work things out. Hubby say to get a maid to help out, but i'm not too keen on the idea. Dont like to have a stranger in the house.

BTW, can i check with mummies how many naps are ur kiddos taking now? Do they sleep long nowadays? Kayden doesnt seem to like to nap now n sometimes whole day only sleep once and about 11/2 hours tats all. Teachers at the infantcare tried to get him to sleep but he refuses.

hi all

real hard to take care of boy as he growing 4 teeth at one go [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

ZuEn, Chubby

Thanks. as at today, only left the very dark spots yet to clear. So glad.

Xin2,

My son is always having 1 nap a day but recently very hard to make him sleep. He more keen to play or continue with whatever activity he feel like doing. Think they are at the stage of "xin hua hua" = think of play/outing and nothing else.

Chubby, my hubby cited resources as part of the reason. Secondly he very protective of his son - as boy got wheezing when he was 2 mth old. Guess I have to bring up the topic on enrichment classes when boy is abt 3 yrs old again. hee

ZuEn, Glad Issac is fine now. From what I know some kids will outgrow their allergy and type of food may change as they grow. My ex-co son is suddenly allergy to Gluten at about 12 yrs old. So I think nothing beats reading labels for now or try to give less processed food.

Walking - my son still refuse to walk outside house. So I'm still carrying him if he does not want to sit in stroller. A 10kg+ tot - no wonder I keep losing weight. now almost skeleton left.

Starry - 2 kids and you still post on FB. Kudos to you.

Zuen, good to hear that Isaac is okay now, must have been real scary. Nuts allergy is apparently very common, i'm holding off on nuts until maybe 18 months before i let Ethan sample a little to test test.

metta, hugs! Look on the bright side if 4 teeth come out at one go the "pain" is over quickly and not prolonged.

Xin, ethan still takes two naps a day, total nap time around 2 hours. but I think he's in the transition stage of dropping his morning nap and going towards one nap. However at naptime he will still roll and play with his soft toy in his cot until he's ready to sleep, sometimes even up to one hour(!!).

Groovy, that's cool, chocolate for Josie? Will try that for E soon. He had a bit of ice cream last week, and loved it.

walking - E likes to walk but is unstable and insists that we hold both his hands (hold one hand cannot, he will squat down and refuse to move).

Metta,

i just signed up for Julia gabriel trial class, i wanted to have a mandarin enrichment since E only understands Chinese and not english. But not sure if I'll sign for the full term. It's quite pricey and I think it will be very tiring to ferry E to and fro two times a week and class participation sure to be siong too. I'm a lazy mummy....

Hello LAdies

Wow!I came in to do last in shopping for CNY.

HAppy New YEar!![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Groovy,

I think the min 1 day off day/month is mandatory by MOM!and anything extra is up to the employer...

If im not wrong,when you hire your maid,the additional $20 added to her actual monthly salary is to replaced her off days....Eg if her pay is $380 ,it could be $360+$20=$380!)

All my maids are like dat ever since MOM introduced the rules...this is not "legal" but its due to mutual understanding between the maid and employer upon signing the contract![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Zuen

GLad that Isaac is good...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Okay,back to my spring cleaning and last min Shoppings....ciao!!If i don't come in here.....

GONG XI FA CHAI in advance![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

emma, JB is very ex. my hubby will faint if he heard the fees ha ha ha.. but they are good. I brought my niece to their trial class before. MY son not suitable for JB as he does not like loud singing sessions. Consensus reached with hubby - we will start next year if there is suitable enrichment classes [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

CNY - siong, hardly can any spring cleaning. Guess I will just live with it :p

Gong Xi Fa Chai to all in advance too

princess_d, yup2.. I also need to pay $20 to replace her day off. Oh, that day off salary is to replace that one! I didn't know about that. I thought it's to replace the whole day off on weekends.

My old maid is gone already. Now I get a new maid and got a feeling of how a NORMAL maid should behave. hahaha..

But unfortunately Josie is still not used to this new maid yet even after 1 week. Huhu.. Need some times to adjust. Last time when I went back Jakarta she also doesn't want to be taken care by my moms maids. Even though one of them are taking care of me and my sis when we were babies. huhu.. So it's not the maid fault.. Any tips?

Hi mummies!

Haven't come in in such a long long time and glad to see all your updates! Been so busy with 2 bubs!

Zuen: so glad to know Isaac is ok!

Tinggy,

It's my first time changing maid actually. Last time I bear with the old one since she's good in taking care of baby and feeling quite pitiful to her if I return her to agent when she hasn't finished her debt..

In the end she's the one asking to quit, just get about 2.5 or 3.5 mths salary, I can't remember. She said she missed her kids.

In actual fact, I think she quit becoz she spoiled lots of things in my house and never said anything to me!! Remember one time she drop the radio we give her from the window, she actually spoiled the replacement. Sigh.. Then my Tornado mop, my blender, also damaged. It's just she can still use them, that's why she never confess. I also didn't check becoz I trust her as I can still see her using them.

That's why if maid too smart also got problem.. She uses her brain on how to trick us to use those spoiled items.. Like my Tornado Mop, she uses tissue to "stuff the spoiled part and temporarily fix it"..

Feels quite lucky last time maid is gone already. Otherwise it'll be pretty scary. I ask her to be honest as my #1 priority but she's a true liar..

The new maid is totally new in Singapore and I feel she's more of a normal maid.. The bad thing is: if she clean the house it's not as clean as the previous one and she took longer time in doing anything. But so far she looks like she's quite OK and passed my mom's judgement as well.

Bad thing is 2 weeks passed and my Josie still hasn't gotten used to her (stranger anxiety).. If I'm around or hubby around she won't want to be taken care by the maid. But if no choice (one time I let my new maid take her up from her cot when she wake up in the morning and feed her milk while I hide in my room and closed the door, she's quite okay). Smart toddler. huhu..

Hi Mommies,

Sorry to intrude on your thread..

I'm a May'10 mommy.. I've recently did a private spree for Earth's Best Toothpaste and have some spares to go at $6.80 (excluding postage).

Kindly email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jess

Good day Mommies,

Sorry to intrude..

I've recently did a private spree for Sambucol Black Elderberry for Kids (UK Version) and have some spares to go at $16.50 (excluding postage).

Kindly email me at [email protected] if you are interested.

Thanks,

Jess

Hi mummies,

Anyone here had babies with reflux??? My gal has reflux now. After almost every feed hv to keep her upright if not she will spit up milk. Sometimes that still doesn't work. Burping also brings up milk and she has hiccups everyday and alot of gas in her tummy. I find her so poor thing coz I dunno how to help her. Anyone hv any suggestions?

Hi Stella,

My boy used to regurgitate his milk. He slowly outgrew it when he was 7 month's old.

My mum said I was like that too and in fact a lot worse so I wasn't really worried when my boy had the same problem except that it would get messy and smelly. We had to stock lots of bibs then to avoid the staining of his clothes. I also bring along scented wipes for us to clean up if he regurgitates milk on us when we are out as it can get quite smelly. :p

We only burp the baby then and never keep him upright for long cos we did try and hours after the feed, he will still regurgitate so we didn't bother after a while except keep our fingers cross that he will grow out of it ASAP.

Old folks say babies that regurgitates milk are good. They grow well. I'm not sure how true is that.

Hey Stella,

Congrats on your girl [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] My girl was a reflux baby such that we put her on Enfalac AR (anti-regurgitation) and she outgrew it around past 8 months or so too..similar to Lilac's boy..

We did the following and it helped to a large degree:

1. Propped up the mattress to about some 15-20 degrees.

2. Burp her once in between feed. Say if the feed is 120ml, burp her after the first 60ml.

3. Hold her upright for about 30mins after every milk feed.

4. Feed her ridwind twice a day.

5. Apply Ru yi oil after bath and at night on the tum tum and at the bottom of the feet.]

6. Ensure the teat is antiwind type.

Hang in there Stella, while it can be quite trying, they will eventually grow out of it.

Back