(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

ann, stella,

Thanks for the kind words. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princess d,

When she is more mobile at least I can put her in play area and let her self entertain. Now I gotta change her scenery, change her toys etc. Phew... Drained. Actually I doubt she will stay within playpen or what. Think she will be running ard the house naked kind and everyone chasing after her. More madness!! Don't dare to think.

Re: choose apple orange

Jade chose before? Hee hee!! Speaking of choosing.. We ever let her chose the toy she wanna play with a few times before and that little fella couldn't decide! She got soooo excited her hands and legs were everywhere and little body wriggling, eyes kept going to left then right. Hope she won't grow up and be a fickle-minded girl. Tsk tsk...

We were out for dinner just now and I think she was overstimulated. She was obviously very very tired but doesn't want to sleep in the stroller! Kept eyeing our food, mimicking us chewing/eating.. Very chaotic! Kinda regretted bringing her out 'cos she didn't nap properly for ard 8hrs. So SUPER cranky and she was like overdosed on sugar or what lor! First time seeing her like this and it sort of freaked me out. I think no more dinners out with her for a while.. Scared scared. :p

Re: boys

I think it's true boys develop slower than girls. Seen this many many times with my 9 cousins. Mostly it's in terms of speech.

Princess D

People has been telling me boy usually slower in verbal skill but personally think not true perhaps may be a minority are slower, but i should say more on environment exposure, and things that can interest them to pick up learning. JG really does made a different..although he still cannot make up a sentence but i know he is trying...sometimes i will hear things like "no no mommy zicho tita da baba pish" behind the no no i couldnt figure out what he's babbling abt! hahaha..Anyway im looking forward that he can be like Jade talking non-stop counting 1-20 at one corner!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Marrisa, Trish

JG is not expensive. Princess d is right there's a fee height early this year. my HB also think expensive initially but when he can hear Alexus blah out so many words that shocked him especially the 2 words "HELICOPTER" and "NEWSPAPER"! plus counting 1-10, now HB is keeping his mouth shut and secretly feeling proud! hohoho [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I enrolled him in Bilinigual Playclub for 18mths -3yrs old

$615.25(with GST) per term of 10 weeks(once a week on weekends for 2hrs)

Total 4 terms its up to u whether or not to take up all the 4 terms. They do have trial classes.

There is another programme which is what princess d mentioned

Playclub 18mths -3yrs old 970++/term of 10 weeks (twice a week for 4hrs)

This is twice a week for 4hrs per session. English only no mandarin.

Trish, I went to the branch at Forum. I travel by MRT, Sure can handle la, One week once for 2hrs only. Just have to remember u r going there to have fun!!!

Starry

Great to hear your precious little beanie is doing well. Must take care ya.

Enrichment class

Tell your man that it is really worth to go. princess d has mentioned all already [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Indeed JG includes all like art and crafts, music, story telling and gross motor/fine skills. Everytime i ask Alexus do u wanna go school, he will says "Yes! School!"

It is true that he can relate things to us and easier for us to understand now, he can understood and accept when explain reasons.

Before that he didnt know how to eat on his own, he learns to eat with his peer in class, now at home he wants to eat on his own already! So starting young is good! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princess D

How true I was the one with tears while my #1 as happily playing in the classroom when he first started school haha

Can't stop lor so I tell him to raise his hand before he talk haha ESP in the car when my 'oldest son' also want to talk n my that 'oldest son' will get angry w my #1 can u imagine the old man fighting w a 5yr old?!?

Likely to send to gymboree cos within my budget esp when they have promo.

Re: boys development

Most of the boys are slower in speech n even motor skills too compared to girls. At least when I compare my boys with my fren's gal. But typically will catch up v fast when they start school.

Irish,

Think both snoopy n ur fb acct kana hacked, got this funny post abt getting free iPad!!

Dunno ler my #1 attends weekend play group and there are always people talking to him at home but he started talking when he was abt 2.5yr but once start is the v clear type. Maybe it's his character too cos he super ego one, only do things that he is confident of only n perfectionist - a typical Virgo!! Oh he same bday as you so u should know best haha

#2 speech is v much inspired by FOOD!! now his vocab includes - I want, more, 要, don't want haha he got same birthday as Jade haha so princess both love food!!

Trish,

I bought 2 different brands to try out. Have not received them yet. If Happy Heinies is good, I would love to buy from ya. Would you have enough boys designs left? Cos mine is a son lar.

Starry,

Happy for you leh... Make me wanna have a 2nd one also .. LOL~ ... But already discussed and agreed that it's too soon now, prolly later this year bah. hehe

Starry

no le...if ever ask her to choose ,i GUARANTEE she will chose orange cos is her fav fruit of all!!muahahhaahah...LOL

JAdelyn so cute...

your outing sounds tiring n sounds like she is overly tired n exhausted!trying to used up her batt...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Irish

I should guess so too..cos my cousins sons are actually pretty fast learner le,can talk a lil at 1.5yrs old.....2 was from Eton n 1 from Montesorri.

HI5..hahah..this men ah.....lol

My HB too!Went round telling ppl what Jade can do and say and how to react making her like monkeys n clown each time we met his friends...wahhahaahh!!Then said is a good genes adopted form father...boooooo[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But he is indeed very proud otw we wouldn't have cont to playclub...

Anyway,English Playclub is 2 hours each session only..not 4hrs[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seabreeze

hahahhahahaahh!!!!!Raise hand b4 talk!and the old boy fight with the young one..lol!you damn funny la!! i told Hb about your cane story n just now i told him about your raise hand story!!wah piangs..both of us lol!!

I shall use this tmrw..cos each time when Jade talk non-stop!I can only raise my voice a lil and.. shhhhhhhhh..doesnt work cos she cont talking but softer....=.=''''

mummies... TELL ME ABOUT GUYS NOT WANTING TO SEND THEIR KIDS TOO EARLY TO ENRICHMENT CLASSES!!! UGHHHHH

my dear hubby said to me " I DONT BELIEVE in sending kids so early to enrichment classes. I want him to have some childhood memories to play and all and dont want to stress him. I SCARED you get influenced by other mummies and wanna sign him up this and that."

the thing is.. I HAVE never mentioned anything in the first place.. HAHAHAHAHHAHA... so now... I do see the advantages of playgroup like JG but not those art lesson or dancing lessons (or whatever enrichment lessons u call those)... but i tink i will NEBER be able to convince my man abt it. sighs

i must really go research on it.. sometimes so difficult to wanna convince our hubby to wanna do some things..

eg: aedan coughing so badly and i merely made a remark that if taking all these western medicine still dont help him ... maybe can bring him to see chinese physician..and he immediately rebutt and sort of scolded me. WAH LAU! he doesnt believe in chinese physician doesnt mean other people cannot believe in it right? made me so pissed off at that moment i just replied "i dont wanna talk to u now". then he shut up and said sorry.

whats with the men. its not as if we are stupid or what that we wanna do things to harm our kids or what right. we also want the best for our kids what. SORRY IAN i am not refering to u! =D

stella

Maybe can start Logan early and see how?I don' think it can affect so many male boys...cos Jade's classmates at that tiem all can talk ler....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

evening ladies~~

i would want to send my kid(s) for enrichment class as early as possible lar..

can aid in developing social skills by interacting with other kids as well..i think it helps alot~

damn it..i think i gonna nose bleed soon..for the very 1st time in my life..too heaty

Princess: the playgroups all require parent participation? Coz me n hb both working n mil doesn't speak or understand English. Thought of sending him to playgroup wen he reaches 1.5-2 yrs but has to b one that doesn't really need a parent present.

Shin

WHen i sign Jade up for JG ..it was only me n her!HB dunno!wahahhahha...only know when i give him the receipt!Then said i shouldnt have .....but well..its not a daily stuffs..they will still have time to have a "CHILHOOD MEMORIES" hahhaha......

actually,now not like last time i told hb....last time he play marbles and dug into dirty drain...now where got dirty drain n play marbles one???now all computer adn iPhone or watch Barney!....men are all the same!!

i told my HB this he kept quiet!

I told him if he can find a kid in a drain today...he must have fallen in and not catching tadpoles!!

calm down k....since he apologized...

dont take it too hard...

shin> perhaps in the past..during our time..as a infant/toddler..we dont pick things up as fast..

but these days..kids learn things way too fast lar!

Ian

Good!!!

Eh...are we you int he midst of................

your wife too HOT izit thats y nose bleed.....[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stella

Yes..each child must have one accompany adult.

I do come across maid and grandparents sitting in ...they speaks chinese n dun understand english..but the lesson hardly gets parents involved except for controlling the child while story telling,help to clean up n wash hands n so on..otw during lessons,they would want the child to participate as much as possible[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Stella,

Hope my comments that boys are generally slower dun send u ladies into some panic attack mode haha it's just base on my own experience n it could really just be a case that they catch up when they attend school on a daily basis instead of just once a week. But dun worry cos by 3yr old, no significant difference among them already!!

Shin

It's like that one cos my hubby was the same at first but aft he see the 'result' he is so proud lor n tell me #2 n #3 got to follow same 'routine' n he will tell his mum n sis off when they say i stress the kid.

Actually my mil n SIL kinda of eat their own words now cos they see how tough the homework are n competitive then they realize the impt of starting young. So whenever my mil ask my boy 听写拿几分? then I will tell her - you dun stress him ler haha

Anyway my recommendation is go for gym cos once they are good in motor skills, it gives the child more confident to start exploring the world around them.

Re: going to school

Btw next yr this time, we got to register them for pre-nursery/N2 already heehee

princess

yah i know... i not angry already lah.... i am just ranting.. cos me and hb hardly get angry at each other for long... has always been like that for the past (going to be 7 yrs) that we have been tgt. lol... just that sometimes he gets very stubborn.

i scared i sign up first and then ask him to pay he gonna skin me alive!!! so i am actually trying to cc hunt now.. at the same time hopefully that the cc have such programmes to complement... although i have not decided if we are able to continue for me to stay as SAHM or i will definitely need to go back to work due to financial reasons.. if i needa work.. i will have to send him to a cc... if i gonna remain as SAHM then i will find such classes for him to join too...

currently i am reading and researching on kinderland, cherie hearts, cs montessori, my first skool and all.... all alien language to me! hahahaha... tough being a mother now...

ian

yes totally agree with u. kids nowadays like sponge... last time the kids still toot toot and nerd nerd... hahahahahaha

and drink more liang teh... so many people sick nowadays.. we needa be well in order to take care of the young one..

Princess d

Always need to think of ways to manage my boys. My hb takes the boys tooooooo seriously. You know lar when kids talk they tend to talk big - my boy will tell my hb that his fren got 100,000 beyblade n for that my boy kana a big thrashing fr my hb

I was way too busy trying to settle the cranky Missy that I just can't be bothered w him - esp now he is so hooked on this stupid card game on the iPhone!! He gets so damn mad when my boy just go close to him n watch him play, even make comment like - u sit next to me I always lose! Like some kid like that, can faint lor!!

Seabreeze

OMG..that's really a big baby you've got there...not only 2 you ve got 3 sons!!lol

must be chaotic at hoem when the BOYS MEET.......merry!!But it can be cute too la.

i like that talk big story and get trashing!!Why so poor thing .....lol[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sorry but i jsut can't laughing!!!

Shin

If there are plans to return to work, then good to look around for a good CC cos there are many factors beside the price n location. All playgroup in CC will have those music, art n craft, story time etc

We went around for a while also cos there are some really cheap ones - $300 per mth type but the whole place looks v run down n of cos the other extreme of v v exp CC that looks v impressive but we can't afford. So finding an ideal one takes time too. Never too early to do research for the kids!

Shin

he won't skin you alive when he sees result![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Im sure some cc provides all this if you chose a right one!

THey do have lots of activities to keep them occupied for the whole day session...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ian..

drink liang teh!Ang moh liang teh oso good![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Princess D

When good mood still ok but when I need him to entertain them while I do other stuff, gets irritated to keep hearing the kids get scolded for just being kids.

Generally my hb is ok but guess he needs to understand that kids are kids at the end of the day. Dunno when haha

seabreeze

Haaaahaaaa some men are naturally just not good with kids ..that's where the bz bee mommy gotta step in n Stops!!

Next we will b call the pai Lang cos we scold n punish them !

Nvr ending ...

Okay la peeps .. Turning in .. Gotta get up early! Nighty nite

seabreeze

Hahhahaha ur hb is so funny!!! Like a kid with ur kids... Lol...

Yah it's never too eRly and I'm shocked at how tough studying has become despite the fact that I was a teacher. I don't wish to stress aedan too but I still got to expose him in ways that will allow him to find coping with school easier next time! Actually I really pity them now... For having to strive so hard in this competitive world...

Princess

Yah I hope thT when the time comes and he sees results he will be proud instead of nagging at me!!! Hahaha

Starry,

Great to hear about the good news of ur lil beanie.

So poor thing to hear abt Jadelyn unable to fall asleep for 8 hrs, it happened to me once when I brought my bb to sembawang Aston, so scary.. He wanted to zzz but just couldn't fall asleep & feel so frustrated & just kept crying loud. Really want to hide my head as his crying is super loud that kind..when he cries, downstairs can also hear. ( we stayed on the 11th floor)

I m tucking in now, going to genting this morning with my boy, hopefully everything go smoothly.. Good night

oh yah I suddenly thought of this and I better post before I've no time tmr...

Re: cc

Mummies, can advise me what to look out for while cc hunting? Of cos other than being near my house and I'm able to afford, are there things I need to watch out for? I'm actually requesting to visit the centers itself to find out more abt how their activities are carried out. Are there questions that I will definitely need to ask the centres?? Pls advise me [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks in advance!!

hi mummies, Ian. Gd morning!! Wah.. Jadelyn was so tired out that she broke her sleeping record. 11 hours! Just fed her and she's nice and calm now. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shin,

Your hubby is a bit like mine, a bit of a 大男人.. He has his own mindsets abt things and will need some persuasion to see things my way.

Ian,

Why nosebleed?? Too HS but no action lately? Hee hee! Go drink some liang teh?

Claudia,

No fun having an overtired and cranky child. Super stressed.

Shin

You can get them to provide to a activity time table so that u know what they do in school. Typically they will provide you with a menu to tell u what they eat as well. Following are the things that I will check:

1. Teacher to student ratio - for infant it's usually 1:2 or 1:3 for playgroup it's abt 1:5 anything more than 1:8 is too high for me.

2. How they bath the student? 1:1 or they send in the whole class to bath at the same time etc. This is v impt cos if it's the whole class together, there is a higher chance of them catching a cold. Also got Aunty to change clothes for them etc

3. If they are not able to self feed, will teacher help to ensure that they finish the food?

4. Check on any major outbreak of contagious disease in the ctr such as chicken pox, dengue fever n hand foot mouth.

So far these are the stuff I check. Also ask them the cost of additional enrichment classes like I pay extra $90 for my #1 to go speech n drama

Seabreeze: no worries, before wen I was pregnant i already expected my boy to develop slower than girls. True enough, certain things he learns very fast but others he is slower than many of the baby girls here. One thing he learnt very fast was how to make all of us run circles ard him haha. I've always intended to send him to playgroup coz I think he needs more social interactiontroth other kids and I hope he wil speak

more English coz my in laws speak only mandarin n Cantonese n mil is main caregiver, but wasn't planning to send til ard 2 yrs.

I think my girl now recognizes faces and have decided to 'reject' certain ones. My fil carried her and the moment she saw him, starts crying very badly. Yesterday she was fine when my church friends carry her.

Good morning. So tired and i dunno y i woke up with 2 v painful twins. Maybe she slept thru And din ask for Milk. I feel a bit misérable. How huh?

I wan To do things, Check forum but this hebe most of thé Time forbid me To do so. Xian.

Hi princess d, i quite int in the topic u mentioned on enrichment classes. i intended bring Nichel to those enrichment classes where involves parents participation.. sounds fun wor ! im jus a little confused, but u mentioned JG and playnest ,are both referring the same?

Can i know where's the place or exact name fr the class, thanks

any mommies ,can anyone tell me isz ok if i cut half the avocado and put the remaining in fridge, can i still provide the baby the remains tommorrow ? I mean will it be no good, and muz i warm it up before providing her as is cold .. so sorry as these silly stuff ..

Jac, thanks, now I feel better liao aft latching and a little massage fr Hb.

mummies thanks for reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Seabreeze

Thanks!!! Really very useful to me! I've jotted down the points N it will definitely aid me when I cc hunt. Lol

Lilbluey, feeling stress abt my job cos I am stuck, can't go back to my job and need to give one month notice and need to pay back bonus too. Just headache thinking abt this.

Ok starry thanks on the info on the cream. Can share with me how does the packaging look like?

Thanks bibilbran. Think I will take a look at Watson.

Morning everyone,

Re: Enrichment classes

I tried sending #1 for trial classes last time. She din seem to like them too much so I stopped. However, she has no problems adapting to pre-nursery this year (age 2+).

Apple:

Are you in SG le? You want California Baby ah. My hub sells too if you want. Although he states free reg above $50 and free courier above $100, if above $50 and heavy, he usually courier le. Its way cheaper compared to Watsons. E.g. Calendula 2oz, BP is $18.50 whilst Watsons is $29.90. You can go to his BP thread and order if you want. But coz we are going holiday tomorrow, if you want fast, pay by today I get him to send out for you tomorrow before we leave.

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/5195033.html?1299862407

I want ICE CREAM!

apple,

go google and u will find a pic of it easily enough. If u wanna buy online which is a lot cheaper, can google milagro trading. The seller is very fast and quick in delivering.

Ian,

Gd morning!

Re: childcare

I'm going to register Jadelyn for childcare probably this week. My mum helped made enquiries and there is one which is not too bad very near her place. $500 a mth after $300 government subsidy. Is this price the norm??

starry, the childcare I'm asking is also $480 per month after subsidy... It has no aircon. huhu..

I haven't gone for a tour yet. Maybe this week I'll call to make arrangement.

Morning All,

Just managed to scan thru all the posts over the wkend! keke...

News is about the monstrous disaster at Japan, my heart goes out to all the folks there.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

cherry, thanks for your reply [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] ok,noted on the age requirement.

bblibran,

i'm kiasu, registering her early. :p she will only go when she turns 18 months next year. scared no placing mah.. haha!!

groovy,

no aircon also good right?? does josie always stay in aircon room?

Good morning mummies and Ian

Hi starry

Yes, that is the average cost after govt subsidy. Of course there are more expensive ones like those private childcares and montessori.

Starry and Groovy,

Which childcare are u aiming to put your kid in?

Back