(2010/10) October 2010 MTB

empress,

Haven't got chance to try out the Pupsik sling pouch. Seems small even though mine is correct size for me. Gotta explore lah. But I saw the instructions online like very useful, 3 different ways of carrying.

Xuan,

I just saw your post abt the white dot on nipple. I had that once too. If not wrong is called milk blister. No need to worry abt it since you can get rid of it. Mine also appear today, next day pump then gone. If painful then better call LC and check. Mine was painless..

Re: Yao lan

Yah, troublesome if need to travel! So far it's keeping me sane and letting her sleep longer so I won't complain. Not traveling anywhere since she's still so young. Wait till she's older then decide.

Starry: my milk blister not painful most of time except when after long pump I guess. it's still there n hopefully go away after few days. Thanks for yr assurance;)

btw did u get yr freestyle by BP..any reccomendation on contact. Have not buy fr such BP b4.

Yao lan: if I hv an option actually wld like to put my ger in it as bb can sleep longer but bbsitter will let her sleep on mattress so no choice to b confistent as wan bb to adjust

when I return work. I believe a well rested bb can helps in

their growth development.

jac

I think there's a formula to calculate. If 120ml bm should be alright as compared to fm cos fm harder to digest and cos of that my boy was vomiting lor.. Maybe u can ask ur pd? But if jadelyn is not showing any signs of overfeeding, maybe it's ok??

Re: sling

I also have one moms in mind sling and I duno how to use it!! I tried putting Aedan inside and he looked as though he's hunchback and gonna disappear inside the cloth.. Wahahaha.. Plus he's neck seems so "flimsy".. Have to experiment again to get it right

Re: Yao lan

Yah i also think I should not introduce smth that I might find it hard to wean off.. Esp if next time if bring him out then he wants Yao lan then jia lat!! But at the same time i agree with what u all say too... If baby can slp better in it.. Why not?? Sucha dilemma [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Aedan is able to sleep on mattress but also startles very easily and then will wake up.. Plus he always insist on people carrying and rocking him.. That's why my grandma kept asking me to get a Yao lan... Hmmmmmm

my hubby helps me out when he returns from work and i nap and MIL usually bathe Aedan and takes care of him before she goes to work.. So they know his pattern!

Last time my mIL like to disturb him when she comes back from work and talks very loudly.. I hinted not to do that cos baby wanna slp but she don't believe... But one fine day, she finally had a taste of Aedan's powers!! He can't stop crying no matter what and when she fed him, he will vomit... And since then.. She scared Liao.. Now she come home she will be very quiet etc... She say she scared he wake up and fuss!!! Wahahahahhaa super funny!!!

Hb also got fed up ytd while my boy fussed. I told him we just got to be patient lor! He said he so angry until he poke the boy's nose and he wailed even louder! Hahaha... But at least my hb won't push baby back to me... Every night aft work he will help me until midnight and he does night feeds on Fridays.

Jac

So I'm gonna look forward to that 100 days!!!!

That's like another 2-3 mths right? Hahahaha

Xuan, can try this seller: http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/4412532.html?1290006085. I didn't buy from her, but have seen her BP ard for quite a while already.

Shin,

wahahhaa!! Your mil really funny! She 'lose' to your boy. Ha!! Gd lah, now scared scared liao. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Actually jadelyn also can slp on mattress but like Aedan will need a lot of patting etc. Yao lan is nearly immediate knockout for her. Otherwise she will keep quiet and eyes open big big to 享受.

Xuan,

Forgot to tell u mine is US set also. Bought at SGD475. Very worth it in my opinion. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry:

I also thinking of getting the medela freestyle leh. Is it really good? I'm using the avert single electric n finds that it takes quite a while to pump both sides.

Hb say dun buy new one first cos I'm thinking of latching bb most of the time now that CL leaving. So no need use pump so often. N wasted cos I using the avert with the storage cups.

Just celebrated baby full mth. Well, quite a success since we decided to hv it at the hotel cafe. Bb was a bit cranky cos wanted to sleep but environment noisy.

Re: jab

Bringing bb for his jab later. Hopefully he'll be fine. Will hv to monitor him closely after that to see if gt fever anot. So far any bb gt fever after injection?

Xin,

my BB had fever after jab. So I minister para medi under PD advise.

Sling,

I also have e sling.. But till now don't know how to use! Lol. I always see mummies sling it with style, while I an struggling with the excess cloth.. Don't know how to adjust e excess.

Morning mommies & daddies!

What a night for me... my boy kip splitting milk (as usual) after feed. I know this should be normal thats why i din get too bothered. Hmm seems i need to bring him to the PD later! He seems uncomfy during the throw out. He's not merlion-ing but the amt of milk split quite a lot. 2 times somemore. He then went back to his sleep. Nearly 3hr, he cried for milk (his usual) but this round he seems not wanting to have milk. I feed hima lil & burped him. After which i let him lie down...He makes all sorts of sounds & stretches again & split phlegmy liquid out. Sighz... guess really need to see a PD to find out wat happened.

Xin,

Freestyle's fantastic!! Lifesaver when breasts are full to bursting. Up to you bah, if wanna latch most of the time then the remaining bm how? Or if want to go out catch a breather will have to express ebm also mah. Unless you are willing to bring baby along with you or stay home at all times. What jab will baby be given later? If hep B don't worry.. PD told me hep B jabs no fever one.

BBlin,

Is your boy having chesty cough, as you mentioned he spit up phlegmy liquid. Or cld it be just some saliva plus digestive fluid? Hope no problem.

Morning mummies n daddy!

Starry: if u let daddy take over better not be at hm. Coz either u vomit blood or u instinctively wana take over. At least that's wat I experienced. Hehe...

Shin: my bb also gets lost inside e sling. Did u try watching e instruction cd? I still can't figure out wat I'm doing wrong. Or isit becoz the baby shown in the cd is bigger?

My boi took revenge on me last night. I screwed up his schedule when I bought him out for a large part of yday. He slpt alot n nurse little when we were out. Last blight, he drank at 11pm, 1am, 3am, 5am, 6am n is nursing again now! I m zombified. Dead tired now. Must go steal slp later.

He juz split again after another feed. Starry, I check out on the thrown out liquid, it's like saliva fluid. He dun hv cough. Think phlegmy is his mucus? Aiyo super worrying him...

Mummies w 6-7 wk old bb, do ur babies salivate? Mine is now ard 6wks plus n he's started to drool I think. It doesn't look like mucus or phlegm. Normal or not? Thought usually they start drooling more to wen their teeth come out?

Shin

Your mil story is so funny. I am also feeding my baby 120ml of FM at night but in the day he takes 90ml of EMB + 20-30 ml of FM for each feed. So far he seems okay, no vomiting or spit up and he finishes the entire feed v fast within 20 minutes.

On yaolan - a stupid question - is this the vertical motion one or the rocking type? I just got a baby rocker chair from Fisher-Price but not using the rocker function yet. It's a real lifesaver as I can put baby down for 5 to 10 minutes and do other things (like go to toilet, drink water).

Starry: yeh you better go out when daddy takes over otherwise the heart will still be hanging on baby.

Morning all,

Me busy with #1 & #2 so didn't have time to read the post. As usual not enough sleep and bb also fussed a lot too.

Can I ask :

1) if there is excess bm, can we let elder sibling drink?

2) anyone experiencing "like many needles poking kind" of pain or sensation at breasts throughout the day even after pumped.

Thanks.

stella, Emma,

I will plan an outing then leave father and daughter! I agree that if I am at home I will vomit blood within 15 mins. And he will be very likely to push it all to me to handle. Haha!

Re: saliva

Baby's 5.5 weeks old now. Didn't see her salivate yet. Thought only when teething then will salivate? So young will already?

Zuen,

He's too tired 'cos you brought him out bah. Some more nursing at the breast, so comfy!! Sure sleep.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] After today shld be back to routine. Hang in there!

Bblin,

If mucous then may mean your baby's nose blocked and mucous back flowed down the throat then spit back up. Otherwise can't think of how come there's mucous. Best check with PD, but most likely nothing if he's not showing any signs of distress.

Emma,

It's the vertical up and down one. I have a rocker too, but not like fisher price type. It's the old fashion kind with blue netting. We let baby 'lounge' there in the living room. Also life saver when I need to go toilet. Hee!!

Tigger,

I have those needle pricking sensation also. Can come as a shock sometimes. Dunno how come like that. And always feel them ard upper parts of the breasts.

Stella,

Doesn't mean you pump 10mins get 100ml means baby also drinking 100ml when latch 10mins. Cld be more, cld be less..

Ian,

Hi!! Gd morning. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Woohoo! Today my darling has been cooperative [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] He's napping now so i have abit of time to come online to check out the post.

Xuan and Xin , saw that u wanted to purchase medela freestyle? I just bought mine 2 weeks ago when i saw a thread in the forum where the person has ready stock. Its US Set though....bought it at S$450. Full set with bottles and cooler bag etc.

When the set was delivered to me via courier , only then did i realise the lady operates a online store - http://www.prettymums.com/index.php?cPath=38_72

You can check it out....

all of u got wash bb mouth and tongue?

can share how u wash his mouth and tongue? my bb's tongue is coated with a thick layer on milk and smells bad. I suspsect is oral thrush coz there are some white dots/spots on the roof and around, but the TCM told me it's just milk and asked me to wash his mouth with salt water will do, doesn't give me any medication. I also find it very difficult to wash coz dare not go too deep.

Gd afternoon ladies.

Starry: thanks for BP thread link;)

Cyn: thanks. You paid 450 incl delivery?

Amyone know when bb unlatch, does it mean she has enough or milk flow slow hence stop sucking? finished pump at 11.45 n my ger woke up crying n latch her on. Then less than 10mins she unlatch.

Also how u gal count the 3hrs pumping fr start pump time or ending pump time? I noticed cannot 'catch' the letdown. Jus now finish pump while storing milk then feel milk leaking! quickly try to pump again but wasted some. Can time letdown or it our body natural reaction?

all of u got wash bb mouth and tongue?

can share how u wash his mouth and tongue? my bb's tongue is coated with a thick layer on milk and smells bad. I suspsect is oral thrush coz there are some white dots/spots on the roof and around, but the TCM told me it's just milk and asked me to wash his mouth with salt water will do, doesn't give me any medication. I also find it very difficult to wash coz dare not go too deep.

Empress: yes my cl does it twice during shower n evening wipe. If don clean white stain build up n affect bb appetite. Cl advised can use overnite Chinese tea to clean oso can wipe off. Hv not tried though.

Anyone still drinking longan drink after confinement ends?

And mummies preparing own lunch what are some easy n simple dish you make? Hardly cook n hv limited recipe..plan to steam fish egg tofu.

xuan, $450 excludes delivery. I actually ask her to courier the pump to me via Taqbin where its same day delivery if they pick up the items before 4pm. Courier charge is reasonable at $6-$8...

Empress, i clean baby's tongue using a cotton wool, what i do isi wet the cotton wool using boiled plain water and i wrap the cotton wool around my finger and put it inside baby's mouth to clean the tongue. When i clean it, the baby will react and look like he is going to vomit but this is normal.

Hi mummies I'm using the pupsik sling n

it's been great! Bb loves to sleep in it. As soon as she is in it n you walk ard a bit she is asleep!! I hv the sarong sling too n still can't figure out how to use it.

I've got the rocker too. Bought a bright start model instead of the fisher price one. Bb hates it!! She'll scream like crazy if you put her in it n it was suppose to be my lifesaver!! So exp somemore... Wondering how can I get bb to 'like' it??

Starry & Stella

So I'm not the only one experiencing needles pricking sensation at breasts. But my case is v often, like electrocuted!

I think this is a common problem but I'm just wondering how the diff mummies r coping with this. My bb seems to hv problems falling into deep sleep unless in a sling. She falls asleep then startles n then wakes up crying like crazy! This can happen 15 mins to 1 hr apart. N I think as a result of it, she can't sleep well and is cranky. It happens more at night than during the day. Any advice on how I can get her to sleep better?

freestyle's selling point is being hands-free, and more portable..whereas PIS/PISA is like carrying a dinosaur ard..w/o any handsfree.

destitonia, sorry i won't be able to advise on the difference much.

The reason why i bought the freestyle was because it can be hands free and its rechargeble which makes it very convenient. However some mummies have feedback that freestyle's sunction is not so strong as compared to PIS.... but personally i find that the freestyle has been very useful and i have no issue with it though at times i find it very difficullt to set up the hands free kit...

Zuen, sorry told u wrongly yesterday, the baby's head should be at the ring side when u put him in the sling [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Starry: thanKs for the reply, I hope bb is getting more rather than less coz he always falls asleep aft 10-15 min n can't be woken up.

Empress: I use NUK oral wipes. Wrap ard my finger, open his mouth with the other hand then wipe his tongue n gums. He doesn't like it n he looks like he's gonna vomit but he doesn't. Sometimes he bites down hard too though then difficult to wipe.

Tigger: ya it's a very sharp pain! I get it quite often too. Initially I thought I'm over taxing my breasts with the pumping n latching but now I suspect it's the inconsistent schedule for pumping...

Suwaiwai: I hv the same prob with my boy. I think it might be overstimulation or overtiredness so wen he goes into deep slp it's too fast n it jolts him awake. Plus he hasn't learnt how to fall asleep without help. Usually someone carries or pats him to slp so wen he wakes up he can't go back to slp. Now trying to let him fall asleep himself wen he's tired n told my mil to do the same. Jus give him his paci if he needs it n I sit with him with my hand on his chest or back till he slp. I will wait abt 10-15 min before I move away in case he wake up n dun see me there. I realize he sleeps abit better wen he falls asleep himself.

Can try placing ur bb on her tummy or side for naps so she feels more secure, or swaddle her.

Cyn,

How soon you start slinging ur baby? I tried recently with his head @ ring side n he looks really uncomfortable. Wonder if he is still too young.

BBlin> That's what happens to Josie too sometimes. I scared this morning she get hiccup only 15 minutes after her last feed, since I don't want to ignore her (last time I ignore then I got hiccup almost whole day), so I try to latch her. She VOMIT A LOT, milk + yoghurt type of milk when I try to latch her. So scary.. Haven't brought her to PD yet since every week I always check she still gaining weight. huhu..

Let me know what the PD says and what's the medication given to your baby.

My mom told me last time I also very easily vomit after every feeding. I actually until now very easily to show sign of wanting to vomit when I'm panicked or stressed out.. but of course no food out from my mouth because my muscle is strong enough to keep the food down.. I read baby muscle is not that strong.

Mummies owning Medela pump> I heard from my friend, her Medela PIS tubing, the milk can go inside the tubing and it shows fungus growing..

Is it the condensation that some of you said?

Is it happening to Ameda pump as well?

Second time mummy> Are you still using the same electric pump as your first child if example age gap is 3-4 years old? I also plan to invest in better pump, but need to know also if I most likely will be able to use it too for my next child. Therefore more value for money. hehhe..

groovy, the tubing can actually be bought from aquariums~ so far..my wife using PISA hasnt encountered such problem yet~

afternn mummies & daddies.

Mummies on EBM, can i ask how long does your bb takes to finish the milk frm bottle? my girl sometimes can finish her 120ml in 15mins, smetimes takes 45minc to finish .. is this normal?

Zuen, i started slinging him since he is only 2 weeks plus old....but i dun put his head right at the ring side. I put him slightly lower so he can lie down. Do u have the instruction manual where they show u how to sling? I am putting him in the cradle style. Let me know if u dun have it, i can scan and email it across to you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Groovy, the only time i experience condensation was when i wash the entire tubing and put it inside the steriliser and did'nt air dry it... did'nt experience milk going inside the tubing though....

Suwaiwai: My son behaves like your baby too, when he sleeps and i put him on the cot or bed, he will wake up and cry. So now what i do is i put him on my chest and let him sleep or put him lying tummy down on the bed to sleep. He will cry but i will pat pat him to sleep and tell him stories or sing him lullabies. You can try playing some white noise as well. I have been trying playing white noise music today and it works well, he's been very cooperative today! So here i am , having some time to login to chat in the forum!

Cyn,

Dun have wor. Sling is a hand me down n cannot rem how I used to sling dd. I pm you my email can? Thank you.

Cherry,

Tcm = traditional Chinese medicine.

Dd = dear daughter (I think)

I finally got bb to crash for her afternoon nap!! Tried to cuddle her to sleep bur same thing, she kept waking up after falling aslept. Finally I gave her put her in sling walked to kitchen to wash something and sat down she was fast aslept till now.

Stella, will try yr method of getting her to fall asleep by herself. I gv her the pacifier but somehow she always spits it out then cries for it. Dunno why she dunno how to keep it in her mouth.

Cyn, she def sleeps better on her tummy but sometimes when I position her (like when I'm rocking her to sleep) then wanna put her on the bed, she'll wake up. It's like as if she is a light sleeper.

empress,

I use cheese cloth dipped in cool boiled water to wipe tongue, gums, roof of her mouth and insides of cheeks 2x a day - morning and evening. Sometimes she will struggle a bit and sort of 'bite' my finger. Haha! But this daily cleaning helps prevent oral thrush and and buildup of milk.

Cyn,

Glad that today was a smooth one for u! Well done Eldrick!! Saw your FB post that you also drinking coffee. I'm trying to cut since still bfing partially. How do u time your coffee break? Sometimes a bit scared that if I bf or express after drinking the caffeine will still be present then she cannot sleep! Wahahha! So far ok lah. Dunno whether is it caffeine level too low to affect her or what. Oh yah, can u email me the instruction manual for the MIM sling? It was passed down to me so doesnt have any manual. My email: [email protected]. Thanks in advance!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Xuan,

Not drinking Longan drink le. Super sick of it. :p

Tigger,

The feeling really like kena electrocuted! Or stabbed. -_-!! Comes once in awhile and lasts for a couple of mins only. Used to it already. The sensation also comes when I pump also.

Groovy,

That's why MUST ensure the hole which the tubing is plugged into is really dry. I always squeeze kitchen paper into the small hole to absorb all the moisture before I plug in the tubing. Fungus can be really dangerous. Pls tell ur friend to get new tubing.

Teoong,

My girl always finishes within 20mins. If super hungry, less than 15mins. 45mins a bit too long. Maybe flow too slow or she's very drowsy suck very slowly?

hi stella,

my boy just turn 7 wks...since a wk ago started salivating a lot. I also tot it will only happen when they are older.

Now i know i not the only one.

Jacq, you might be right, cos i'm using NUK wide neck bottle, prob the teats is still too small for her. Plus she will always drink till doze off lor.. tht's why took so long to finish her milk.

Back