(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Hi, Joycekevinchong

Would you be interested to take over my slot for bb bday bash on Aug 6? I am unable to attend as I am not in Singapore on tat day and I have made payment for it. Pls pm if interested cos I am unable to pm u. thanks

Hi ebelle..

May I know what tcm did u give yr gal? Mine in infant care since 4 mths old.. She has been visiting the doc since she turned 7 mths.. Now with viral fever, from her dad.. Every mth must report to PD n me has to tell boss on childcare or vacation leave every mth.. Sigh........n she is already a tiny baby at 7.5kg at 10mths... How to put on wt?!!! Tks

Ebelle,

Darius is at Baby Haven (under Pat's Sch House) at Halifax Road...I think they are quite good. So far no complaints, and surprising my boy can even sleep quite well in school. Just a bit of separation anxiety. Care to share what TCM..?

Pomme - glad that you found the place. I was just in Bangkok last week - on business though. So did not really get to shop. But I enjoyed the food! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Aries Mom and Chin,

I started my bb on Hou zao san, monkey gallstone powder fr Eu Yan Sang bec she was constantly down w runny nose and cough w phelgm, since Feb. She was put in 2 rounds of nebuliser and ate alot of med. PD said sensitive airways plus Infant Care so he cant do much. We were desparate and pur IC owner suggested TCM so we went to Eu Yan Sang cis was told their products r 'purer'. She went on 3 dose over 2 wks and she's finally off medicine! But we r still monitoring her and will be starting her on cordyceps to strengthen her immune system. We bgt the small

Box so it'll last her 8x for 2 mths. The monkey power q ex but bb small, won't need alot so q affordable. Will update again if cordyceps work;).

O Aries,

My PD suggested taking flu jab. I never goto that cos b4 giving bb TCM, bb hasnt been well enough to tk the jab so finally, i am brging her next wk.

Understand wat u mean, but cant deny that other than this, IC has alot of advantages. My bb loves to go IC;). I brgt my

Bb to the raffles city branch, the china supervisor seems v knowledgable.

Hi ebelle

tks for the info.. Which eu Yan Seng center u bring her too? I wanted to try cordyceps but think she might be too young for it..

I like IC cos she likes it there.. She loves the rails in the gym.. At hme, the dining table becomes the gym.. Crawls in And out of the table legs.. Also learns to play ball...eats n zz well cos she knows she is in school .. At hme she is a terror.. Does not eat m zz well.. Only plays and plays....

Hi mummys can I ask if anyone is feeding baby w eu ren sang brown rice? Does it need to be cooked first or can just mixed w hot water? What can we add to make it tasty? Also has anyone introduced flashcards to baby? Any response?

xiao pang,

Tried flash cards a few times just for the heck of it, but bb just wanna grab and EAT the cards. :-D

When my boy was 10 months, he was already a big Sesame Street fan (can sit and stare at TV with the same Sesame Street show replaying non stop). He can also focus on flash cards flashing in front of him. So while my boy was all eyes, the girl is total opposite. She's not interested in TV and is all hands and mouth. So I figured my boy is more visual while my girl is more tactile, and attempts to fix lego blocks but coordination still not very developed.

Any agents specialize in rental, can intro me?

Am thinking to rent out my flat...

Xiaopang,

You can start flashing cards to baby already, though there might not be huge response, but no doubt they are absorbing everything we do and say now. Try it!

Have a great evening!

Any mommy who is a FRIEND OF SSO?

I vaguely recalled a mommy here who went for Baby's Prom end last year but can't remember who. If you are reading this, PM me ok? Tq!

Aries,

I went to the Raffles City one. The supervisor, a china woman seems very knowledgable, more so that the locals.

Ya agree on the benefits of IC[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif].Which is ur bb attending?

OP, where do you get the sesame street videos?

When is baby prom? I'm interested to go..

xiaopang, the brown rice, need to cook. but very fast. u mix the powder with normal temperature water (not hot), den put it over the stove and stir. it will become stickier and sticker. it's quite nice by itself, but sometimes i add 1-2 oz milk as my boy does not want to take milk in the day.

OP and mummies,

I don't know if you mean going to picnic at botanic garden with Orchestra performance. I chio you all mummies go but nobody want leh.

Just coincidentally I was looking at the performance schedule for botanic garden for this weekend. This Sat have performance so you mummies wanna go we can organise a mass bb picnic.

Thanks, Ebelle for sharing. I definitely have to check TCM out for Darius.

Anyway, I started my older boy (now almost 6 years ago) on cordycepts about 1 year ago. It works, cos he is hardly sick nowadays. We grind it into powder and put it into his soup.

Will check out the hou zou san again - I let Darius try it when he was 3 months old. He is sick today..running nose and cough. Yes, I was told that the EYS one is better as well.

Hi Ellesie

I have transferred $40 into your account last Sat to replace u for the Aug 6 JWT Baby Bday Bash. Have u received it?

Hi babyMaine, I have pm u my contact details. Here's the update to the list of attendees:

---------

Dear Mummies

URGENT: Pls transfer the amt to me asap. I had already made payment to JWT. Thanks for your attention.

Event: Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Date: 6 August 2011

Time : 430pm to 630pm

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: Pls transfer $40 to my POSB Saving acct 069-35389-4 (sori instead of $10 as wanting to minimise the trouble to collect twice) Pls note that this may not be the final cost as we have yet to source for cakes and food.

Pls email me your transfer reference when done, also email me your nick, real name, child name, child's gender, your email address and handphone number for future correspondence.

More mummies are welcome to join us.

Pls add your names into this list below:-

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3) Mag (Paid)

4) Jessica Ong (Paid)

5) Joycekevinchong (Paid) - replace Ellesie

6) hushlilbb (Paid)

7) Shinchan (Paid)

8) babymaine (Paid)

9) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

10) Angela (Paid)

11) babieeeG (Paid)

12) finnez (Paid)

13) ilyena (Paid)

14) booboobear (Paid)

15) ccpet (Paid)

16) Pomme (Paid)

17) Chewy

18) Kris Ho (Paid)

19) Sarah Lee-Wong

20) Pat (Paid)

21) Dawn (Paid)

22)

23)

24)

25)

Dear Mummies

If any one of you are still interested pls put in your name. :)

Event: Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Date: 6 August 2011

Time : 430pm to 630pm

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: Pls transfer $40 to my POSB Saving acct 069-35389-4 (Pls note that this may not be the final cost as we have yet to source for cakes and food. )

Pls email me your transfer reference when done, also email me your nick, real name, child name, child's gender, your email address and handphone number for future correspondence.

More mummies are welcome to join us.

Pls add your names into this list below:-

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3) Mag (Paid)

4) Jessica Ong (Paid)

5) Joycekevinchong (Paid) - replace Ellesie

6) hushlilbb (Paid)

7) Shinchan (Paid)

8) babymaine (Paid)

9) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

10) Angela (Paid)

11) babieeeG (Paid)

12) finnez (Paid)

13) ilyena (Paid)

14) booboobear (Paid)

15) ccpet (Paid)

16) Pomme (Paid)

17) Chewy (Paid)

18) Kris Ho (Paid)

19) Sarah Lee-Wong (Paid)

20) Pat (Paid)

21) Dawn (Paid)

diamantz,

I bought the vcds during my boy's time. But of cos, you can prolly download somewhere from the internet... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Babies Prom is a concert for very young kids (even babies) where it's ok to wail/make a lot of noise and nobody will stare at you.

Leobaby,

No, I don't mean the Botanic Gardens. But it's fun nonetheless... minus the heat. :)

Mommy who is a Friend of SSO

Pls PM meeeeee!!!! :-D

OP and mummies,

the bontanic garden picnis is from 530pm to 630pm if you all are interested. Heat is gone by then but may wanna be slightly early to get good seat.

Hi mummies, hope everyone is doing fine. It has been a long time tt I cme in as work is getting hectic.

Seen like mummies ar finding ways to build bb health. I hve something to recommend. 

My boy was down with bronchitis some mth back n it took him mre than 3 PD visits and coming to a mth of western medication to recover.

Since then, I started him on the following supplements intro by my friend:

NOCO (for respiratory system) 

http://www.eexcelasia.com/2007/en/Product/sv/noco.htm

Millennium Red (for immune system)

http://www.eexcelasia.com/2007/en/Product/sv/millennium2.htm

My boy was stronger in health. 

I was jus warded 2 weeks back due to a very serious viral fever tt attacked my respiratory system. X-ray reflected right lung infected.

Before beig warded, I was ill for 5 days and was still caring for my son during tt period of time. 

In short, my hubby got my virus but his body managed to fight it with the helps of antibiotics given by GP.

BUT, my boy (who slp on the other side of me in air con room at nite) was fine despite teething 4 upper teeth during tt week when I was warded.

Pls read the pdt writeup to find out mre. If u are interested can PM me to find out more info too.  

I hve been eat their other supplement pdts for years even during preg wif my boy.

And most of all, it is easy to prepare. Jus mix it into the milk! 

FYI - all the supplements pdt ar certified safe by Spore AVA before any selling. 

* sry for the super long entry.

Hi ebelle,

tks for sharing..my bb attending my first skool by ntuc, in Amk... I saw the high end childcare by ntuc, little skool at Amk hub.. Was thinking of switching her to that when she grows up but whoa,more ex and the air con in Amk Hub is running on full power! Cold....her infant care is also aircon..

Just now call them to check on gal's apetite..teacher said eating well compared to the rest.. Gal recovering from viral fever..after that I realise eating well means half bowl porridge.. Which means the rest of the bb might be falling sick or recovering...sian... Remember I saw a bb on antibiotics a wk ago..before bb fell sick... Sigh

I have used once Tolly Joy High Chair.

Can be converted to table & chair.

Retail at S$110.

Letting go at S$70.

condition: 9.99

Please PM for picture if you are keen.

thanks

hi mummies,

Talking abt baby health, I oso have something to share. I'm currently bringing Denise to Yu Guo Chinese Physician Acupuncture & Physiotherapy for massage. Apparently there are a lot of good reviews that baby massage can help to improve on baby's health and build up their immunity and this has been recommended to me by my friend. As I have only started to bring her on a regular basis since June, I cant really comment on the effectiveness yet. But my friend who has been bringing her kids (aged 2 and 1) on a weekly basis have seen good improvement to their health.

Hi Xiao Pang,

I tried the glenn doman flash cards for my boy, more as an activity for my caregivers to do for bb. These are just english words, chinese (neglected ah, i'm the only one in the family who can APPARENTLY read chinese), and math dots. Think he really likes the dots.

But i dunno what the effectiveness is. He just stares really hard if i ask him, "which word is 'boy'?" He pays attention though, so my family members call him a "thinker".

But I think my boy is more tactile. When he sees a book, he's figuring out how to turn the pages one by one. He'll turn it upside down, then right side up, then close the book and feel the spine.

I think being a running commentary works for my boy. Don't know if i'm imagining, but there were a couple of times when he sees a circle shape on a toy or book, he'll say "keh", like the 2nd syllable of cir-cle. And also "buh" when he sees bottle or ball.

For colorful image flashcards, I like Berlitz flashcards. The pictures are colorful and real (not cartoon type). But it's so attractive that my son ripped a few apart...

Btw ladies, just wanna thank God my maid came back from her home leave. I've heard too many horror stories of maids not returning, so just wanna share the good news! haha...

Was wondering any mummies took part in the KKH Healthy breastfed babies contest?

the results are out.. check your mail~ [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hello ladies!

how are you all?

I'm popping by to ask you ladies for help. Hehe. I'm entering my child (my elder boy) 1st time in a contest, Uniqlo's Uniqlooks.

Would appreciate your help if you could help vote for him by clicking the LIKE button.

This is the link http://uniqlooks.uniqlo.com/user/28925

Thank you thank you in advance for your support!

Adelynn: Did you take part? Got win? I wanted to enter but must pay so much! so didnt bother. hehe.

Shinchan: Can you share where your TCM contact is? Been wanting to take both my sons there to tiao body.

CCpet: where did you buy ur dots from? You are really hardworking!!! my flashcards from #1 time sitting in bookshelf now tho i have #2. kwa kwa...shame on me.

Sarahmay, ur boy is so suave! Is he Ezekiel?

I bought the dots from any stationary shop, thumbnail size, chose a bright red color and just stuck them on the thickest drawing block paper I could find. It could b that he likes the dots cos grandma, who flashes him the dots, is quite enthu.. She used to b a part time math tutor...

Any mummy who has bb gal can share what should be e correct procedures to clean bb's genitals with a towel. I tot it should be groin, vagina, then buttocks. But my mil said it should be vagina, groin then buttock n lecture my maid. But shouldn't it be cleanest to dirtiest area. Groin is most clean to me.

Hi mommies, really need your advice..

My son takes more than an hour to finish half an ikea bowl of purée! he just holds food in his mouth and doesnt swallow. I suspect it's bcos he's afraid of choking which happened before.

He doesn't seem to chew too, despite having 8 teeth. Any ideas? How do u train ur babies to eat? Funny how he may put toys into his mouth, but give him a slice of apple or teething biscuit to hold, he'll nv put into his mouth.. Thanks ah

Ccpet: thanks! No that is older one. My baby still cannot stand on his own. Pls like n support! Kam sia!

Stick yourself?!! How much time n money u spend sia?

My older boy took ages to eat and not v keen on food. But now second one is always hungry and eats and eats... So I suspect maybe it is cos now w second I hardly give purée and thawed purée so mb food is tastier somehow. At this stage think u can try chunkier stuff to let him have more texture? Finger food? I use puffs to trick my bb to open up so I can shove proper food into his mouth. Heee

ccpet how did you teach the dots? Is it like the words, just flash and say the words and go on to next one? But ,with dots, you say the number of dots? thanks.

Hi mummies,

Is it normal for auntie flo/da yi ma to be superduper heavy? I didnt remember it to be this heavy after my #1. I had to wake up in the middle of the nite to change even though already wearing those super long nite time use type. Its those chunky globs types (sorry so gross). My bottom half feels so heavy and lethargic. Wonder if i need to re-visit the gynae.

Luckily it didnt come on Sat when i was at the zoo coz i wasnt prepared for it at all. Met J'don, Khloe and Lucas there! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Seth had a wonderful time, so unlike the sis when we first brought her there. She was scared of almost all the animals. He happily fed the elephants, coz the older kids (brought my nephew & niece along) were all too 'scared' to feed, though they were the one that insisted on it in the first place.

ccpet/sarahmay,

Same for my gal, and almost all my friends who have 2 kids. #1 is always the fussy eater - eat very slow, very little, #2 is better.

Initially, Seth was like that too, didnt know what to do with the food in his hand. U can try to move Daniel's hand to his mouth while he is holding the food, he will get it soon.

this one also

Fits 9-12mths bb. Sleeve elastic band abit tight.

I got it from another mommy in the WTS Section for $15

Interested can PM me!

selling for $10

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5717185.jpg]

hi ebelle & sarahmay,

The TCM is Yu Guo Chinese Physician Acupuncture & Physiotherapy. They are located near Kembangan - 8B Jalan Masjid #01-04. If just massage, charges are ard $20+.. if 药包 is required, then will be ard $30+. Each massage is ard 15mins, i think.. din really keep track cos it will seem like years if the baby cant keep still.. LOL

Hi mummies,

Haven't logged in for some time. Glad to share that Gideon is well from his mycoplasma infection. Hurray.. Super draining when he was sick.

Just to share some tips for those first time mummies who don't know like suaku me. It took a lot of trials before we got professional advice on all this. I practically call my sis in law (she used to be a nurse) everyday and got her down to demo for me.

For feeding med, hold bb's jaw open by squeezing on both cheeks works wonders. The med just flow in past the throat without bb tasting much of it (syringe in to the side). BB wun even have time to buu out the med. Quickly give water and ur bb wun even start crying and it is over liao.

I also learn that for cough or flu, must give ventolin first to open up the airways. 15 minutes later than give cough syrup. Antibiotics should be last. As a first time mum, i gave all one after the other, so most times Gideon end up coughing up the med cos the ventolin hasn't taken effect and he was struggling with the remaining med.

Good to get voltaren suppository on standby from PD. You wun need to rush to kkh in the middle of the night if the fever rush past 39 degrees.

diarrhea, rashes and puking are natural ways that bb's deal with the toxins in their bodies, so don't fret too much if you see such conditions.

CCpet

What do you do with the maths dots? Can upload some pictures to show what you flash to daniel?

For feeding, maybe you try to demonstrate to daniel on swallowing on each mouth and biting on the finger food to get him started? We usually try to eat with Gideon to get his appetite going. He likes doing what the majority is doing.

Starluster

I am experiencing what you have for my menses too. I think should be quite normal cos i feel so before being pregnant. Though i have a feeling it is a sign of weakness in body constituent. There was a period of time (before preggie) where i was on chinese med to "tune back the body" and my menses wasn't so draining physically during that period of time. Seems like after birth body tune back to the original state liao.

SarahMay

Din see you last sunday. I finally go back to church after Gideon recovered. Lost ur hp number. Can msg me urs' again? Hope to see you coming sun.

Have voted for Elisha. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Shinchan

I want to bring gideon there to yu guo too. But it is so far away without a car. Sigh..

Sarahmay, voted Like too.. Wah your sons names are really powerful... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

I recall now. I bought the sticker dots (some common European office stationery brand) from ArtFriend at Ngee ann city. Also bought square drawing block there. The block had 50 pieces but I'm hardly flashing anything past 30. When u buy the dots, cut them up and put aside before u actually stick them on the paper. According to Glenn Doman, suppose to stick them in random order, so if u don't count them before u stick, u might get a headache when u see 20+ random dots on your paper...

My mom flashes them to Daniel when I'm at work so no picture yet... First day, just do 1-5 a few times, second day do 2-6, etc. If your child can take it, can show more than 5 cards. I stuck about 15 cards to begin with. Took less than 15min!

Thanks for your encouragement regarding feeding bb.. Hb was shocked when bb gal at a food court around our bb's age was eating 7 mouthfuls for every 1 mouthful that DS was taking, aiyoh..

Pomme glad to kn Gideon is well. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] when's your off days again? Will plan my leave around those days heh..

ccpet - what is "glenn doman flash cards".. do you mean you actually made them all yourself? even those for mandarin and english ones?

Mummies - i just want to ask... when do we actually need to register for playgroup? (actually i don't remember having gone to school at 18 months leh!) any idea where/what/how i should start looking for? are there like trial classes that we (?) can attend or what?

Hi mommies,

has anyone here brought your baby overseas before when they are about 10 months old?

Can you share with me how n what did you feed your baby?

Thanks in advance!

Hi mummyliang, Glenn Doman is a method. U can borrow books from the library about how it works, then modify according to what suits your timetable. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] they recommended making cards up to 100! But I just do until 30.. I boughtthe mandarin cards 2nd hand. English, just print myself initially but give up already.. :p Honestly we're not very disciplined in the language ones.

kidznmumz09> I bought my son oversea at abt 9 mths plus. I give him those bottled puree with cereal mixed together. He has been eating in this manner so no problem at all.

Kidznmumz09

hi, i brought my baby boy to europe for 2 weeks in May/June. we gave him bottled puree/cereal and i breastfed him throughout the trip. as weather went as low as 6deg at one point, we wrapped him up - many layers! Trip was manageable, we brought the pram along. Lucky me had my parents to help out, so not so bad.

Kidzmumz09> Do remember to bring the thermometer, cool patch and fever medicine. When my boy had fever in the nite we didn't sleep whole nite just sponge him whole nite and luckily manage to get a dr the next morning.

Back