(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Mummyliang> the adult cheese has high salt content so not good. Unless the type u eat is the non or less salt type like the laughing cow brand that is also mean for adult.

Big tks to all the mummies who advised me on bb swimming. Looks like I can b ready to bring my bb for one dip anytime now! :D

Hmm...I posted a question on tessellation playmat previously but there's no feedback. Seems no one is using that currently? And heard about it? :p

Any help for this? ^_^

Hi Leo baby,

Have just pm you the payment and contact details. Let me know if you have received it yah? Thanks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Pomme

it was a great playdate yesterday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] thanks for hosting

Next Playdate @ my place on 22 June 2011, also a wed, from 2pm to 5 pm

cya ladies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear Mummies

URGENT: Pls transfer the amt to me asap as just recv JWT call to make my payment within the next 48 hrs. Thanks for your attention.

Event: Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Date: 6 August 2011

Time : 430pm to 630pm

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: Pls transfer $40 to my POSB Saving acct 069-35389-4 (sori instead of $10 as wanting to minimise the trouble to collect twice) Pls note that this may not be the final cost as we have yet to source for cakes and food.

Pls email me your transfer reference when done, also email me your nick, real name, child name, child's gender, your email address and handphone number for future correspondence.

More mummies are still welcome to join pls add in your names below.

Pls add your names into this list below to reserve your slot for this party:-

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3)Mag

4) Jessica Ong

5) Elle Sie

6) hushlilbb (Paid)

7) Shinchan (Paid)

8) babymaine

9) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

10) Angela

11) babieeeG (Paid)

12) finnez (Paid)

13) ilyena

14) booboobear (Paid)

15) ccpet

16) Pomme (Paid)

17) Chewy

18) Kris Ho (Paid)

19) Sarah Lee-Wong

Diamantz

hope Aidan is better now..i will bring to PD

Clueless

poor u ! must try to drink water ok..think i fal sick easily if i goes without water

booboobear > yeah moved to melbourne permanently! haha yeah shops close around 5 pm .. bank close at 4~ but one thing is melbourne have a lot of cafe so u can get good and reasonable price coffee and cakes ... however i am so busy with crystin and work didn't even had a chance to have one piece of cake yet till now (1 mth already in melbourne) [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

mummyliang > do you blend your chinese normal porridge? give it a try and maybe ur bb would like it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oh one thing, for Yoppliat baby yogurt, they don't sell in melbourne due to it isn't popular (don't know why) as that was what the yoplait customer servcie respond when i emailed him. However we have antoher brand Vaalia here and it is so fast in selling. It comes in 6 pack AUD 3.9 and one pack is 75g per cup..

Leobaby> for bottled food it is pretty much the same from my perspective probraly diff brands. Probraly they have more individual packing for diapers though. They have disposable bib relatively cheap prices. For Free?? i dont think so. ok .. will give the Laughing Cow cheese a try and let you know what "cheese" we have in melbourne [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

Haven't met any mummies here, will there be another gathering soon? I'm an east mummy. Would love to meet some of you before the birthday bash..hee..

clueless

Hope you get a break soon so you'll get to enjoy Melbourne more. How nice would it be to take Crystin for a walk to the cafes for coffee and cake... Coffee in Aus is really good and cheaper than Sg!

Swimming -

Pomme, I haven't figured which public pool to bring Daniel to yet. Under hb's advise, i brought Daniel to babySpa at Nex today. The lady asked me to put him in the individual pool but i refused, i want the big pool with other babies in it for him. 'Cos i know him, if he's the only one, he'll make even more noise!

I think it was a good intro to water. He was afraid everytime i let his butt go. But when he saw people outside looking at him, he will try to be brave for a while... haha!

does anyone of you use this school for your kids? Any comments on them? thanks!

http://www.swimminglessons.com.sg/infantaquatics.htm

CHINESE LESSONS FOR our babies!

Is anyone interested in Chinese lessons for our little ones? I just found out about Le Xuan's at City Square. It's one hr, $350 for 10 sessions, or $110 for three trial classes.

Apparently, we can get a group of 3 babies and start a class. Anyone interested can PM me? I'm interested in Saturday morning, time negotiable. Thanks!

Or if you have any other Chinese class lobangs, to expose bb to chinese, can share also please? or is one of you mommies really good at Chinese and don't live too far from town, I would really love to join u on Sat mornings for mandarin playgroup! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Many thanks...

Hi ccpet, oh no I've just confirmed lunch plans for tomorrow...but I'll def want to join the next one!

thanks all i brought him to PD. got medicine for runny nose, cough, fever and a nose drip. Aidan used to like to take medicine, but now grow smart liao... need to use different spoons and syringe to trick him into taking and even forcing it on him.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] just now he even rejected initially when i fed him papaya using same spoon...

ccpet > this age can go swimming pool liao. public pools get chlorinated on mon. so go on tue relatively safer.

cereal: i've tried earth's best, happy baby and bellamy. bellamy rice cereal for 6 mths above no taste one. i like to buy instant oatmeal cereal / multigrain as we can cook brown rice/ white rice. i just bought wakodo also, instant porridge.

I have a question, can baby take adult oatmeal? Just thinking what to give for morning breaks.

for mummies whose baby don't like to eat, maybe can try give oatmeal cos smell good? can also try using stock of carrot, pumpkin, onion, pork to cook porridge.

Diamantz

I tried baby oats (for adults) and my baby was fine. But when I tried rolled oats, she vomitted cos was too hard for her to digest I think. So I guess u can start with adults' oat, but the Baby Oats variety. They are smaller.

Mummyliang,

Glad you have you and nicole over. She is such a sweetie with "chocolate eyes". I hope i can have you mummies over soon. Hope to see you at Pinkyluv's gathering on 22nd.

For feeding, maybe you try adjusting the temp of the food? Some babies just like warm or hot food or prefer chunky food?

JO,

I saw the tessllation mat before on magazines and tot it is made up of smaller pieces. I will prefer the LG playmate as it is one whole piece and maintenance like cleaning is easier.

Ebelle and ccpet

See you ladies later.

Hi Mommies!

Enjoyed my last day of this stretch of leave with Pomme and Ebelle today. Thanks ladies... btw, forgot to tell you all that Daniel got so used to going out that he was upset when I closed the metal gate on my way out to lunch! Haha...

During my leave the last few days, i brought Daniel to two trial classes, one last week and one this week. Actually, i'm looking for chinese classes for him mainly... but meanwhie, share with you:

1. Growing Up Gifted - United Square - I'm very impressed with the program. But like i wrote last week, i think Daniel was a bit young.. Most kids there around 11mths+. Some activity need bb to walk around which Daniel can't yet, so I was sooo tired at the end of the class cos i was propping him up. Anyway, chinese was only 15min of the 1.5hr session...

2. Gymnademics (Sin ming) - Daniel loved this! It's based on Glenn Doman theory of learning. Flash words and pictures, and then gym time which was based on individual bb's abilities. Daniel just wanted more of it, even today! But the gym activities looked dangerous to the grandma (who went with me). While we had fun, I guess it's out for Daniel... Again, it's abt 15min chinese out of the 1hr20min session.

The trial classes were really fun. I really recommend them, u nv kn which your kid will enjoy (or maybe, you the mommy will enjoy it lots!)

Leo baby - the laughing cow/kiri cheese... are they all suitable for cooking such as pasta sauce etc?

clueless - You know I wish I could migrate to Melbourne loh. Is the pace of life more leisurely there? It's not that I hate Singapore... I mean I practically grew up here but it's just very competitive and stressful here I think.. and everything is so expensive @.@

pomme/clueless - Usually I just mash up the porridge a bit with some sweet tasting puree... I'll keep trying... today was terrible.. 1.5 tbsp of brown rice + 120 ml of chicken puree for 2 meals! I was practically begging her to open up her mouth.. =.=

ccpet - are the trial classes free? =D

Walker

just want to share that the ELC one is v stable, unlike the playskool one..

can convert into a rider when the child gets older

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5587350.jpg]

Diamantz

Oatmeal i gave Kyra the Nestle Gold Purple Packaging every morn [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] she loves it

Mummyliang, no usually $50 or less... But I think it's worth it for me, a working mom. First, I find out from these classes what Daniel likes in terms of learning activities (visual, tactile, audio). Second, I can find out whether it suits his bodyclock/schedule. Third, whether he got capacity to benefit from the wonderful programs... sometimes too noisy and too demanding on only one learning task, he may get tired ah.

And I dont need to spend on clothes or toys since got hand me downs. So this is my way of spending on him [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi, i am selling gifts from friends that do not fit my baby girl. mostly brand new baby girl clothes, shoes, towels, etc. including baby gap dress, camper baby shoes, oshkosh romper. also, some pre-loved & freebies. prices from $1 incl free normal postage. pls PM me if interested.

https://picasaweb.google.com/109321966445626054039/Bouncingbean?authkey=Gv1sRgCI-2ubakmqDuRQ#

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5588838.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5588839.jpg]

Hi JO... I m not sure wat a tessellation mat is, but I do have a LG mat n I find it very gd... It's very cushioning n yet soft, quite diff frm those ABC mat...

Thks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear Mummies

URGENT: Pls transfer the amt to me asap. I had already made payment to JWT. Thanks for your attention.

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: Pls transfer $40 to my POSB Saving acct 069-35389-4 (sori instead of $10 as wanting to minimise the trouble to collect twice) Pls note that this may not be the final cost as we have yet to source for cakes and food.

Pls email me your transfer reference when done, also email me your nick, real name, child name, child's gender, your email address and handphone number for future correspondence.

More mummies are welcome to join

Pls add your names into this list below:-

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3) Mag

4) Jessica Ong (Paid)

5) Elle Sie (Pending successful transfer)

6) hushlilbb (Paid)

7) Shinchan (Paid)

8) babymaine

9) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

10) Angela (Paid)

11) babieeeG (Paid)

12) finnez (Paid)

13) ilyena

14) booboobear (Paid)

15) ccpet (Paid)

16) Pomme (Paid)

17) Chewy

18) Kris Ho (Paid)

19) Sarah Lee-Wong

20)

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

Dear Mummies

URGENT: Pls transfer the amt to me asap. I had already made payment to JWT. Thanks for your attention.

More mummies are welcome to join us.

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3) Mag

4) Jessica Ong (Paid)

5) Elle Sie (Pending successful transfer)

6) hushlilbb (Paid)

7) Shinchan (Paid)

8) babymaine

9) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

10) Angela (Paid)

11) babieeeG (Paid)

12) finnez (Paid)

13) ilyena

14) booboobear (Paid)

15) ccpet (Paid)

16) Pomme (Paid)

17) Chewy

18) Kris Ho (Paid)

19) Sarah Lee-Wong

20) Pat

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

Dear Mummies

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3) Mag

4) Jessica Ong (Paid)

5) Elle Sie (Paid)

6) hushlilbb (Paid)

7) Shinchan (Paid)

8) babymaine (Paid)

9) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

10) Angela (Paid)

11) babieeeG (Paid)

12) finnez (Paid)

13) ilyena (Paid)

14) booboobear (Paid)

15) ccpet (Paid)

16) Pomme (Paid)

17) Chewy

18) Kris Ho (Paid)

19) Sarah Lee-Wong

20) Pat

21)

22)

23)

24)

25)

hello mummies,

Visit http://www.littlekidzcouture.com for babies/toddlers/kids apparels and accessories from US and Australia.

New arrivals from Bluebelle and Ruffle Butts. Cool clothes ranging from leg warmers, tops, bottoms, hats, beautiful wall stickers, height charts, organic clothes and socks etc..

Visit and LIKE on the top right corner of my website(you need to login first) please. If you would like to view the collection, please PM me. To join mailing list for new arrivals, upcoming events please PM me your email address, first name and last name.}

ALL SMH members enjoy 5% discount off total purchase. Happy Shopping@@

Dear Mummies

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3) Mag (Paid)

4) Jessica Ong (Paid)

5) Elle Sie (Paid)

6) hushlilbb (Paid)

7) Shinchan (Paid)

8) babymaine (Paid)

9) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

10) Angela (Paid)

11) babieeeG (Paid)

12) finnez (Paid)

13) ilyena (Paid)

14) booboobear (Paid)

15) ccpet (Paid)

16) Pomme (Paid)

17) Chewy

18) Kris Ho (Paid)

19) Sarah Lee-Wong

20) Pat (Paid)

21) Dawn (Paid)

22)

23)

24)

25)

Hi mommies,

Does your baby's poo have a tinge of dark green most of the time? DS' poo is like greyish green. He eats healthy times cereal almost daily, at most skip a day or two.. I saw web photos of solid foods poo, look so much more yellow/brown... Tx!

Leo: sorry I hv not trsf. Will try to do so trow.

Pomme: healthy times is whole grain leh. I just went to chk my boxes. Hmmm. Just it does not hv as much extras as happy baby. Btw can u pm me ur mobile? I have not gone to church cos boys got sick again two suns ago when we went inpouring rain. Sniff sniff!

Looks like I missed out many interesting events! Gatherings and topics..

Free trials:

Some of u so on! I have not gone for any w baby 2. Went for some last time. I love those gym ones or my kid did.

For the more academic types I hv yet to try. I think they will still roam about more than sit n listen. So perhaps no need to rush in yet. Just read and play w them more at home to give language exposure.

Courses like gd ones so ex!!! Tell u ah I am calculating cost for my fb's preschool education at some church kindy for pre nursery to k2. Already take up like half he baby bonus! Running up to like near 10k. If add in all those classes can really faint.

Anw now I am thinking of doing just the non acad types Luke music n dancing for him. I am a little concerned tt if I load him w too many acad enrichments he nay get burn out before pri school. Anyone concerned abt this?

Ccpet: Greyish? Hmm that is not normal but is he behaving as normal? No signs of strain etc? Cld be the other foods u adding? Brine him to doc if still concerned.

Oatmeal

Oh! Best NOT to get instant ones cos it has been the most processed n hence least nutritious.

What I read all rec steel cut oats. Cannot find anywhere here leh. So I bought sanitarium whole oats that needs to be cooked.

U can try this yummy oatmeal recipe out:

Oatmeal cooked- can blend a little but not neck

Add tiny bit of juice

Top w fresh fruit purée of ur choice

Pinch of cinnamon

QUINOA

Like to share this super food I hv been feeding. It is really nutritious- high in protein n other minerals. Like abt 22 f of protein per cup!

Anw u can cook it mixed in rice , porridge or by itself. Can be sweet or savoury.

I got only organics cereal in jar n thy this yummy one w quinoa in the oatmeal. So yum that even

My 2 yo who does not like oatmeal Slurped it up.

Oh! I get some baby food recipes off those jars too! He he.

BABY SUPPLEMENTS

What r u giving? So fes up of him catching bugs that I want to strengthen him up. Just tried cod liver oil. 1st time ok but today reject. plus my HUBBY complains he stinks after. N he does!

PUREEing

Oh I confess that I hv been lazy. Not doing this. Just mashing

Up in pigeon feeding bowl. But greedy boy eats up all. N I hv given him steamed fruit slices. Tho I get scared by his monster chomping!!! He hides chunks in his mouth ! He hid one chunk of pear for almost 30 mins before I realized!

ccept,

my son's stool also greenish..dark green those kind...i check with my PD..she said its not a concern if the bb is active and growing well..n mention my bb is big for his age..so not to worry..could be the food that bb eat..like greenish vege..

So not to worry as long as bb is healthy n growing well..

hi all [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

There will be a gathering @ my place @ Bukit Batok on Wed 22 June from 2pm to 5 pm pls PM me for address if u can make it[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Currently

1) Pomme

2) Rita

3) Kristelle

4) Jynsan

5) Kristelle

6) Dawn

7) Chewy

8)Phantus

There will also be a Birthday Bash on 13 August 2011 Sat at Harbourfront Gymboree at 6 pm

We have 20 mummies fr this thread right now and have spaces for only 5 more

Please PM me if u r keen and cannot make it for the one on 6 August..we will email you the details

The cost will be ard $45 in total inclusive of

1. Free Trial Class

2. Personalised Cupcakes with ur kid's name

3. a DVD each family ( pictures taken by professional photographer that we engaged )

Confirmed Ladies

1. Chrissy

2. Ebelle

3. Phyllis

4. Badfifi

5. Mango

6. Kristelle

7. Diamantz

8. Tigress Mum

9. Pinkyluv

10. Adelynn

11. aishite

12. Pommelow

13. Bb dreamz

14. Weiting

15.starluslter

16. Winnie

17. krishojw

18. Jeslyn

19. leila

20. skymom

funny..posted a lot but all din come out lor

anyway, for mummies who can take leave, there will be a gathering @ my place in bukit batok from 2pm to 5 pm on wed 22nd june ..PM me for address if u can make it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hello mummies,

I am from the April 2011 thread. I am an authorised retailer of organic babies, toddlers, kids products, supplements and organic skin care.

I have a full range for the following brands such as Organix, Annie's Homegrown, BabyNat, Kiju juices, HappyBaby puffs and melts, Funky Monkey, Surf Sweets, Horizon organic, Peter rabbit. Supplements like Sambucol, Animal Parade, Nordic Natural. Organic skin care includes Green People and Little Innoscents.

I have full range of the Traditional Medicinal (including organic milk tea and pregnancy tea)

Free delivery with min purchase.

If you need to increase flow and supply of BM, I have

Gaia Herbs Lactate Support Liquid Phyto-Caps, 60 caps.

Gaia Herbs Fenugreek Seed Liquid Phyto-Caps, 60 caps.

Traditional Medicinals Organic Mother's Milk Tea, 16 bags

Nature's Plus HerbalActives Fenugreek 350 mg (Vcaps), 60 caps.

Interested. PM me or email me at [email protected]

Hi mummies!

Any upcoming gatherings in the central? Haven't met any of you yet...

Pinkyluv,

Would love to join your gathering but your place is a bit too far for me, I'm in the east...

ccpet,

My girl's poop will have a greenish tinge only when she's had broccoli. And sometimes orangey when she's had carrot or papaya. Most of the time it's brownish.

Seeing Pinkyluv's Kyra's pic, it suddenly struck me how our babies have grown!

Here's my girl (she has grown too!) with her bro in a fun comic. Hv a good laugh!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5609771.jpg]

sarahmay > very informative ...

sanitarium is the brand? where can i get it? is it just labelled "whole oats" or does it come with some fruit flavouring?

what brand quinoa is good, and where to find?

oh yah, i just bought the only organics oats and rice (the only two which are not fruit based) and i like it! it's not as sweet as the other brands. just saw that its quinoa inside... very smart you. ;p

so cute... little squirrel, hide food in his mouth ;p

Hi diamantz,

Unfortunately, no time/inspiration for anything sexy. Just a casual bikini shot taken some weeks ago on a deck chair by the pool. She is definitely fitting into her bikini nicely. See the little xiong1 gou1?? Kekeke... :-D

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5609963.jpg]

Back