(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

hi mummies. if anyone happen to want 2nd hand

Limited Edition Manduca Baby Carrier -Skyline Blue, PM me ya.

Price nego, bot at SGD289

Pomme

will wait for ur sms then for address [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] looking forward to 8 june =) u can tap on my place if u need to

Regarding Birthday Bash on 13 August

pls do read ur emails [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] we are making personalised cupcakes with ur bbies' nmae

anyone staying in west going expo ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] saw fr kris' facebook got good lobang if buy huggies

if can help me buy , let me know or

dawned

hehe, i will kpo and answer on behalf of my in law..no issue :p

PS: Pomme: dawned is my uni mate..she will also be coming my place on 22nd june [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] nice lady

Ebelle,

I am ok with coming fri. Let me know the time ok.

CCK playdate on 8th June Wed.

It is on. Mummies who have indicated you are coming. I have pm you my address and directions. Please sms me ur HP number. Thanks.

As of now: Pinkyluv, Diamantz, Kristelle and Mummyliang, Dawned

JO

Thanks for your encouragement. I have made my decision to let my career suffer by rejecting the "goodwill" of my company. I realised that a good deal shouldn't make me so stressed up and fear of getting "marked". So i am rejecting the "good deal". Feel so relieved after this.. now the stress on how to bring my decision across so as not to invite more "bad will".

Pomme, ccpet,

Fri, 1130am at Keseiki, heeren. I'll mk reservations. I'l b brgg bb. Reservation under Elisabeth.

Any one else wana join us jus let me noe by thur noon.

Morning mummies,

This morning's weather was wonderful for sleeping in. But got to drag myself to work. Sad. I dragged myself up on sunday morning to go church too. Haven't got a chance to sleep in for a long time

Ebelle. Will be heading there from work. Most prob reach at 12pm. Not bringing gideon. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Dear CCpet yes its their 1st birthday party. Glad you joining us.

Dear Mummies

Updates and details on Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Date: 6 August 2011

Time : 430pm to 630pm

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: Pls transfer $40 to my POSB Saving acct 069-35389-4 (sori instead of $10 as wanting to minimise the trouble to collect twice)

Pls note that this may not be the final cost as we have yet to source for cakes and food.

Pls email me your transfer reference when done, also email me your nick, real name, child name, child's gender, your email address and handphone number for future correspondence.

More mummies are still welcome to join pls add in your names below.

Pls add your names into this list below to reserve your slot for this party:-

1)Leo baby

2)Yvonne

3)Mag

4)Pinkyluv

5) Jessica Ong

6) Elle Sie

7) hushlilbb

8) Shinchan

9) babymaine

10) Elizabeth Tan

11) Angela

12) babieeeG

13) finnez

14) ilyena

15) booboobear

16) ccpet

17) Pomme

18) Chewy

19) Kris Ho

hi mummies, tot to get some good advices here. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Has anyone heard of Tessellation Play Mat or is currently using it? Is it good to use compared to those LG Prime playmats?

There's currently a BP going on in this forum and i tot from the write up, it looks attractive and good for bb stimulation. :p

Feel free to share with me your views on this! Cos I will get either this or LG playmats.

Thanks!!

Hi mommies,

Any of baby here drinking Mamil gold? I have a $5 off voucher expiring end of this month to give away. Please pm me your address, I will mail it to you. Thanks.

Need to ask a stupid question: what is the diff among cereals from bellamy, good earth?, happy bellies? Organix, four seasons etc? Saw a spree.. Wanting to buy the powdered porridge n oats n finger bites but not sure what is the diff.. Tks

Aries Mum

I've always wanted to ask that question too. In the end I started with Healthy Times because it's readily available in supermarkets. Now trying Happy Bellies for a change.

Moms,

Whn we brg bb for a swim, we nid to let them wear swimming nappy rt? Then how do we fit then into their swim suit? Most dun come w the nappy.??? Do ur bbs wear tbe 'warm suit'?

hihi, sorry to disturb.. i have 2 tins of 400g Similac Stage 2 for sale at $12 each.. Expiry 26 Sep 2011.. Pls pm me if interested...

Ebelle

Just wear swimming nappy like their diaper. Most swimming suit don have . The "warm suit" is not cheap as those u saw less than $20 , can't keep warm n not uv protected.

Ebelle,,

Swim nappy is a must. Need to be considerate to other swimmers. Else bb poop and it gets into the pool, everyone's gonna curse/swear. You just need to wear the swim suit over the swim nappy, just like how you'd wear shorts over the regular diapers. If u hvnt bought the swimsuit, can consider buying one with attached swim nappy. I know gymboree's swimsuit has that.

As for the warm suit that looks like a wetsuit, well, if u swim in the late afternoon abt 4pm, the pool wldve been sufficiently warmed up. Temperature shld be fine. If you swim at 8-9am, will be cold. The earliest I've brought my girl to swim is 10.30am.

Next, buy a bb sunblock. I use California baby bought from BP Thread for $28. Ask abt the expiry. Best if 2yr. Cos unless u bring bb to swim v regularly, or if you hv a bunch of kids, you won't be able to finish the tube and it wld hv expired!

Finish the tube.

morning mummies! any help on Tessellation Play Mat? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Anyone using it currently? Comparable with those LG Prime playmats or not ah? Cos I wanna place order soon.

Aries_mum >> Appreciate your posting of THAT queston! ;) There r just too many brands flooding the market n I'm confused too!

ebelle, phyphy, OP >> Tks for the info sharing on bb swimming. I'll take note of dat. Just riding on this topic to ask a ques, if u dun mind...I've been hesitating to bring my boy for a swim for fear of contamination when he swallows the pool water (I'm v sure he will drink some to cerain extent). Shd I b concerned? Cos my fren's boy @ 2yrs old did kenna bad tummy after swallowing some pool water. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Thanks!

hi mommies! i'm looking for a preowned Fisher Price Rainforest Jumperoo. If you've one to sell, pls do let me know by PM the price, condition and location. many thanks!

Good morning mummies

Swimming:

It is better to wear the swimming diaper due to hygenic purpose.

Thermal or wetsuit is good for baby as they keep baby body warmer, hence minimize baby from getting and feeling cold.

Hi mummies!

Ebelle, I put on the swim nappy first then the wet suit. I have a friend who let her boy wear just the swim nappy in the pool...

Jo, if you're worried then just let baby sit in the float and keep his head away from the water? My hubby dunked our girl underwater for a split second when she was 6 months old.. haha. He was determined to let her get used to the pool hehe...

Thx moms;),

Gap having 30% off. Their suits w uv protection but np nappy so i wonder how to fit nappy in.

Op, how have u bn, havnt seen u around much. Bz w wrk?

Dunp if u gals noe wat i mean but i alwaz feel guilty whn i out w/0 bb;(

phyphy,

Welcome you to my humble home. Have pm you my address and directions to my place. See you tomorrow. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ebelle,

I would let my bb wear swim nappy underneath the swimsuit though i haven't tried it yet.

ebelle,

Denise is wearing the swim nappy (washable kind) under her bao-ga-liao swimwear.. It is not thermal type but so far she seems alright with it. Anyway I usually let her swim while the pool is warmed by the sun.

And yes, I feel the same as u and I will also miss her tonnes if i dun bring her along with me, except for work. Ytd went shopping with her alone w/o hb. It is very tiring but then I know I will sure miss her alot if I dun bring her along. So I can only conclude - Shopping is never the same after u have a kid.. Bring oso cham, dun bring oso cham.. LOL

Hi mummies,

Sorry to disturb your thread.

I have some items to let go.

1. Desitin Creamy 4oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $8.50

2. Desitin Creamy 2oz (Blue packaging) (Expiry Jun 2012) - $5.50

3. California Baby Calendula Cream 4 oz (Expiry 2013) - $25

4. California Baby Calendula Cream 2 oz (Expiry 2013) - $15.50

Please PM me if you are interested.

Thanks!

Hi mommies,

Swimming! Yes that's one activity hb told me to do with DS while I'm on leave.. Where to buy the swim nappy?

Thanks!

Jumperoo

Sorry to disturb Mommies. I posted earlier about the FP rainforest jumperoo but realise my PM was off. have activated it. If anyone has a jumperoo to sell, pls do PM or email me at [email protected] Thanks!

hi,

swim nappy,

if you want the disposible type, huggies has it. If the washable type, try bum wear.

if you are looking for swim suit for baby girls, G mart having a discount at 9.90 for gap swim wash for baby, check it out.

cereal,

healthytme,bellmy is from australia

Happy bellies etc fr US

Earth Best fr UK

Is abt the same to me, i will buy which every is on offer.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thermal Suit

I hv one which I bought for my boy when he was a bb. 1st time mom so kia see lor, scared he get too cold. But only use few times cos we normally go to the pool when it's relatively warmed up. So i thought not quite necessary. I nvr use the thermal suit for the girl. I like to see her in bikini. So cute one lor. Must heap on the sun block tho.

Getting used to water

Like booboobear's HB, I also got my girl underwater. She gasped a bit, but was ok - no I-was-in-hell look [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] In any case, she has plenty of face-splashed-with-water opportunities cos i bathe her with the shower head or a cup with water down her head and she's cool about it! So if you want your bb to get used to water, no need to wait till you go to the pool. Plenty of opportunities during bath time! :D

Jo,

I thought chlorine will kill bacteria in the pool? My girl has been to the pool almost weekly for the past month or so. She licks at the pool water accumulated on her neck float. No problem leh.

Ebelle,

Ya lor, bz with work so hardly hv time to come in here. Most of the time, too tired when home.

Harlow Mommies... Clueless reporting in after 1 month out of action :p

Pomme > what happen? u quit ur job?

Aries > as for brands, my baby like Bellamy compare to Healthy times.. so i guess it is like adult prefer Macdonalds chips compare to KFC chips i guesss. As for which is better, I really don't know. I tend to choose Australia made as they are more strict with their quality control though.

Cheese - what type of cheese? cheddar cheese? just give like that or need to steam it a bit and blend it?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] always wanting to let my bb try cheese. or what other type of cheese ? please share

Life in melbourne: Getting better. weather is really cold..and it is not Peak of winter yet! ohh Baby Laundry detergent is not popular or common here... Bottle detergent is also not common here.. can't find any in supermarkets! Guess western ppl really treat babies like mini adults. Use normal laundry and dishwasher detergent for their babies.. lolz soo suaku me.. hunting up and down for detergent first 2 weeks of arrival.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Life is tough as working from home and taking care of crystin. As it is realyl 24 hours shift. Sometimes dont' even have time to drink water..[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] don't know can tahan how long... really tempted to quit my job or really send crystin to child care but the child care are so booked out. can't even get on waiting list!

Sianz.. i miss singapore!!!

Hi ccpet,

I bought from Isetan Katong, Mothercare sells the swim nappies too...

Hi clueless,

You've moved to Melbourne permanently? I love Melbourne! My hubby's from Sydney but I think the lifestyle in Melbourne is better. My only gripe is all the shops close too early. But Coles opens till midnight so hubby and I always went to the supermarket late at night for fun when we went back to Sydney for hols...lol...

seeking advice: Aidan's having his first runny nose... should I bring him to GP? HE sneezes time to time with a big glob of mucus dripping off, but otherwise acting as per normal

Thx mom,

Ccpet can get fr mothercare and even kiddy palace. I thk i wana get the disposable ones... Hope i can find.

In the end i got bb the thermal 1 cos grandma sponsored and said so and cos i scared she will get dark... Now left w float. I find it v leh chay to buy online...mayb jys not used to it.

Ebelle - what is ccpet? is that the thermal suit?

cluesless - high five! i know what you mean by not having time to drink water! i work from home and take care of bb also.. very tiring right!

Hahaha! Mummyliang, no ccpet got closer association with Chiapet... Do u remember those plant 'pet's? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

DiamantZ, since first runny nose, bring to PD and learn what treatment they give. Then next time can just go GP.. I've been going GP at first only to be met with GP's who don't give me confidence w babies.. Then when I go PD cos bb wasn't better, diagnosis and treatment can b quite different!

Clueless great to hear from u!

Hb asked me to bring bb to the plaza sing baby swimming place to try bb out in swimming... But that's like for really young bb right? Like a few mths old?

Ebelle,

I will feel guilty when i go out to enjoy myself so end up i seldom do that liao. I will go home earlier when i can to just spend time with my boy. Understand what you mean.

Shinchan

Yeh.. shopping is different now. Can't really buy anything with a baby in toll. End up i always buy Gideon's baby food or toys.

ccpet

Motherworks at GWC sells swim nappies too. Mothercare too. You can just order online from Mambo in the bulk purchase thread. Cheaper and can get it by mail too. they sell floats (those that bb can sit in or those rings under bb's arms kind) too.So where are you bringing Daniel for swimming?

Clueless

hi hi.. Happy to hear from you. HOpe you have settle down well. I have been using adult detergent and wash liquid for Gideon since his birth. If you are concerned, you can get organic based wash liquid for crystin's bottles and utensils, which is what i did.

My tots on bb cereal

I have tried bellamy's and healthy times. Do note that healthy times cereal is made from organic grain flour and not whole grains. You do not know about the processing plant that made the wholegrains into flour. I agree that Aussie is more strict with their checks on food products, so i trust Aussie brands more.

Diamantz

Recommend you bring Aidan to PD. Prolong respiratory infection may lead to bronchitis. Luckily Aidan knows how to sneeze the mucus out, so not much worry about the mucus build up in the respirator tract. Agree with ccpet, can learn about the treatment and then next time you can just go to GP.

Dear Mummies

URGENT: Pls transfer the amt to me asap as just recv JWT call to make my payment within the next 48 hrs. Thanks for your attention.

Event: Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Estimated cost per child : $40 (depending on total head count, food and stuffs to be order for that day)

Deposit: Pls transfer $40 to my POSB Saving acct 069-35389-4 (sori instead of $10 as wanting to minimise the trouble to collect twice) Pls note that this may not be the final cost as we have yet to source for cakes and food.

Pls email me your transfer reference when done, also email me your nick, real name, child name, child's gender, your email address and handphone number for future correspondence.

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3)Mag

4)Pinkyluv

5) Jessica Ong

6) Elle Sie

7) hushlilbb (Paid)

8) Shinchan (Paid)

9) babymaine

10) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

11) Angela

12) babieeeG

13) finnez (Paid)

14) ilyena

15) booboobear

16) ccpet

17) Pomme

18) Chewy

19) Kris Ho

20) Sarah Lee-Wong

Tks all mummies who have answered my question on the bb food cereals.. My preference is still for Bellamy as it is from Australia which has a stricter QC (I believe!) than the rest.

Swimming> Wearing of thermal type is more of afraid the they will catch a cold when out of water and before you get them a towel. The last time i bought my boy for swim, water is warm but strong wind came just when we out of water and my boy was trembling.

Drinking swimming pool water> my boy took a huge mouth of water because me carelessly did so when putting him on forward swim and he was perfectly fine.

Running nose> Diamantz better to see the dr as the mucus can dry up and block bb nose thus causing them difficulty to breath. If they start using there mouth to breath, there will also get a lot of wind in the stomach.

Cluess> my friend told me that in the australia supermarket, you can get all kind of bb food, diaper and wipes for free as in you don't need to pack those out for them as would be readily avail is it true?

Cheese> I give my boy Kiri (brand) cheese which is similar to the laughing cow (brand) cheese but with less salt i think as Kiri tasted more blend. Clueless see if you can get that in australia.

Travelling with bb> My advise to mummies who has intend to bring bb for travel is to pack thermometer, parecetomol and the cool patch for head with you. If they have fever at least you had these to help. My recent trip to taiwan, BB had fever on first nite and me and hubby rotate to stayed up all nite to sponge him. Luckily it kept his temperature down.

Dear Mummies

URGENT: Pls transfer the amt to me asap as just recv JWT call to make my payment within the next 48 hrs. Thanks for your attention.

Event: Babies Birthday Bash II at JWT Kids Gym

Deposit: Pls transfer $40 to my POSB Saving acct 069-35389-4 (sori instead of $10 as wanting to minimise the trouble to collect twice) Pls note that this may not be the final cost as we have yet to source for cakes and food.

1)Leo baby (Paid)

2)Yvonne (Paid)

3)Mag

4)Pinkyluv

5) Jessica Ong

6) Elle Sie

7) hushlilbb (Paid)

8) Shinchan (Paid)

9) babymaine

10) Elizabeth Tan (Paid)

11) Angela

12) babieeeG

13) finnez (Paid)

14) ilyena

15) booboobear (Paid)

16) ccpet

17) Pomme (Paid)

18) Chewy

19) Kris Ho

20) Sarah Lee-Wong

hi,

i am looking to sell some of my gals prewalker shoes. some preloved and some brandnew.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573382.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573383.jpg]

Preloved mothercare (bought in stores) white prewalker shoes size 2. up to 9mths, 11cm insole

Retail:$25. Selling $14. Wore 1-2x only. bought for occasion wear. (in excellent condition)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573384.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573385.jpg]

Preloved mothercare(bought in stores) pink prewalker shoes size 3. up to 12mths, 12cm insole

Retail:$25. Selling $14. Wore 1-2x only. bought for occasion wear. (in excellent condition)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573386.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573387.jpg]

Brandnew Carters prewalker size 9-12mths. Bought from SMH BP. but size too small. 12cm insole.

Bought at $9. selling at $6

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573388.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/5573389.jpg]

Brandnew mothercare prewalker red minnie mouse shoes. size 4. up to 18mths. 13cm insole

bought from SMH BP at $9. Selling at $6.

pls PM me if interested. giving FOC postage with every $10 purchase. thanks

Pomme - Thank you for hosting us today! I wish I could have stayed a little longer.. I was reading the past postings, I didn't know it was till 4pm! Haaahahhaha... Anw, thank you once again! Also, I have fed Nicole lots of bb cereal, especially Healthy Times! She eats so little that she can't even finish 1tbsp of normal Chinese porridge...

Ccpet - Sorry, I didn't know it was a nick. I'm pretty new to the forum and I've hardly seen your postings.

Kristelle, Yvonne - Thanks for sharing on the pasta.

Regarding cheese, I have been giving Nicole normal adult just off the shelf (can't even remember the brand) pasteurized cheese in some of the puree I make for her leh! Is it okay?

Back