(2010/09) September 2010 MTB

Jess...

Went to the website... Look v chim to me. Catch no ball. There's price with COUPON... Wat is that?

Next time u 1 2 buy things... If gum, I tag along on ur purchase can mah?

Karen: Wats Christy week and wt? Mine bb drinks 120ml per feed, 5.35kg, 9wks old, Hubby says we underfeeding her. Said he read somewhere suppose to be 140ml.??

Sorii moms, I sk but what's Infantino??

Sab: If u get infant care, when r u putting bb in? Which area are u staying? Cos I am probably giving up one of the bookings that I made.

Carrier:

I oso wanna get a front carrier, can recommend a good brand?

Moms:

By the way r ur bbs drooling and nibbling away? My bb keeps gnawing on her mittens, and basically anything near her mouth, human arms, etc...she also constantly makes some nibbling noise if she cant get her mouth on anything. Is this normal? Do their gums itch at this age?? Can't be teething rt?

Ebelle,

I also have a Ergo carrier and a MIM sarong sling. Use sarong sling more now cos' can latch on when outside. So far I only use Ergo once when I went to pinkyluv's hse for the baby shoot. I think I will use it when my baby is older n bigger cos' of the weight.

phyphy: thanks for the update!

Carrier

guess i will stick to my 5yo ERGO carrier.. jus need to get the infant insert now cos cannot sling jayden already.. dak boleh tahan liao hehe

Karen,

My gal is also very fierce and loud when she is hungry.

After trying different ways and methods, this way works the best for my baby. I use 3hrs as base guide. I will standby her milk 20mins before 3hrs or when she moves a bit. Her pattern is 1st time she moves - a bit hungry. 2nd time she moves - must eat liao. I will pick her up in the dark with only night light then put the teats into her mouth, she will immediately drink then go back to sleep. If I m slow and by the 3rd time she moves, she will cry and very difficult to coax her to drink and back to sleep.

tiger_lily: do u use infant insert for the ergo? i am hesitating to buy or not..

jessica,

I got infant insert from Ergo which I m not using now cos' only used once to pinkyluv house. I prefer the sling cos' can latch on. I got it at $45 - you want to take over? I can send to your house. I also have the box.

ebelle/ tigerlily

infantino sale is at boon keng.

Me too got sling n carrier. Will use carrier when they are much older.

Gmarket

look very confusing to me also.lol

Mango/phyphy/tigerlily

agreed totally, v chim ..this is not the 1st time i visit the site but still no ball caught..think i tried to buy once and failed cos can't complete the transaction ..just reset my password

Jessica

same like Mango i would like to tag along :p

Tmr Toa Payoh Gathering

we meet at 3 pm at OLD TOWN, or shinchan got better venue there ? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

,shinchan,yvonne,Ebelle: finally brought my little ger to c pd, she said on top of colic, she might hv GERD, reflux disease, so give her medicine hopefully will get better..will monitor for a week to see..belle,is baby whisperer a book, where can I get that?want to give it a try also,desperate for methods to normalize my little ger's habits also..

Phyphy:I will try the 5s methods.. In fact,some of the s i tried alrdy... Bt will try the rest also.. Tks for all of u gals advice n concern..tks!

Phyphy,

phyphy; my sis's colleague is there and inform that Evenflo carrier selling at S$40.. i see the website original price S$139. quite worth it!

Thanks Jessica! I am bored of singing twinkle twinkle little star already... haha

JRGAL > i have quite smiliar case to yours. U have to wake ur bb up before she wake up to eat, then give smaller feeds but more frequent. Besides use Ru Yu Oil 3 times a day. but remember not to use a lot. I use 3 dots only on my palm. It helps if u do all these but then ur feeding would be like every 2 hours. 15 min to feed, burp and then hold her (30 degree) for 30 -45 mins to ensure the food goes down. u be quite tired after 2 days so be prepared if u want to follow this route of mine.

ccpet, i cant agree more....now my house oso luan like anything....so mani bb things...so if put 1 more freezer, eat up the space and if in future dun use liao, another white elephant in the house...so still considering...for rental like bo hua cos perhaps rental for a few months = can buy one...

jrgal, whn my gal gets cranky, i will hold her at my shoulder there, as in head above shoulder and her 2 arms over my shoulder..she will stop crying...maybe u wanna try that?

adelynn, wah, $40 for evenflo carrier is cheap lei...but todae cant go...scared by the time go down tml or sat, no more liao....any mummies gg can help mi buy pleaaseeee...

ebelle, mi! my bb is also chewing her mittens away til wet kind....if carry her such that her face is near my arm over over my shoulder, she will oso nibble...but got so young teething? mine is almost same age as ur bb...

Mango: which sedan r u comparing to? If $ is not an issue and u r comparing cars like Honda Civic 1.8 or 2.0 to fit n jazz or cos civic is much much better. But if u r comparing the old kind of 1.6 lancers, i suggest u get the new fit/ jazz but better to get 1.5l. The boot is v big though its hatchback plus fuel consumption is EXCELLENT. pls dont consider colt. I drove civic 1.8, d old design fit and colt turbo before. In terms of space, colt sucks and d interior is lose hands down to honda!

I still support honda though. Hehe. But i tot u r driving Lexus?

Ebelle: mine too! They like to play with saliva la.. Hehe.

Jrgal: hey, now at least u know ur ger is having gerd. So shes not tt fussy afterall.. Mayb she feels 辛苦 n babies can only cry to express their feelings.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] rem to burp her after every feed or split ur feeding to 2-3 times and burp in between. Also dont let her cry too long.. My pd told me Can bring bb for car rides, shopping etc to calm him down..

Anyone got any method to help clear baby throat? T2 have been trying to clear hid throat since 3pm. Need to go c doc?

Badfifi...that's so cool! Your baby can flip! Mine has been trying to sit up (when on the rocker) - but usually without much success.

I am planning on bringing my 2 boys to the Borders sale tomorrow - at Suntec. Anyone going?

Jessia - I checked out the Gmarket webby - but looks so confusing..

Sab - we are in a similar situation. Am sourcing for a nanny, and have placed my boy on a waiting list for an infant care - space available only next June. For CC, do u know if all CC's offer this service of nanny matchmaking?

Pinkyluv - I was feeling so guilty throwing the breast milk down the sink. So glad to be back and able to nurse baby - though now I am perpetually sleepy again!

Jrgal: my son is also like that. He keeps puking out milk despite our best attempts to burp him. At night while he is sleeping, his breathing is heavy n he makes alot of noises. If he starts his crying frenzy, very hard to stop. Only when my mom carries him is she able to pacify. I m going to c pd tomorrow.

Just now I put him on bed n managed to pat him to sleep. But I made the grave mistake of pulling out his pacifier. Then he woke up n started on his crying session again. Mom had to take over n coax him to sleep. I feel totally incompetent for being unable 2 soothe him.

baby flipping> i suddenly feel that maybe I used the wrong word and gave the wrong impression...when I said flip, I meant can turn from tummy-side down to lying face-up...

ebelle> I have beco carrier. You can go youtube beco and do some research on ergo n beco....,etc. I did mine and found beco to suit me better

Chin

No, it is just that one cc which phyphy got the contact for me. Only that cc offer such service. Is for north east area. Till now, the lady from cc still have not email me the listing, I will share with you once I receive it.

Yvonne,

Cos hb might b taking over my car... So eventually might be getting another car.

All the while quite interested in Jazz... Think it's kinda cute but worry abt the booth size. Is it enuff to put a stroller n car seat?

Recently Nissan came out with a new car called the juke... Wondering if it's any good?

hehe looks like some of you are a bit used to the website at gmarket. Okie when I free later I will do up a step by step manual for you babes.

Tiger, don't think u are referring to me right? I don't need the carrier leh.

Rae, motherhood comes with practice. Don't despair! Jia you! My first one, I also can't handle her well. She is a weekend kid and I was a weekend mom. When christophe was born, I had to learn. Now with Chesed, I am like so experienced liao. So don't worry, as baby gets older, you will be able to

manage.

Go to www.gmarket.com.sg and browse.

You may log in as a guest or create an account for shopping.

For example, I am buying hair accessories.

This is what is will show

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4729229.jpg]

Curently this website is having addition discount. So the base price is the DISCOUNTED PRICE of $0.88

There is a shipping charge of $3.00. You need to click on the surcharge and see what is says. For this website, it's 3.00 for every 5 items.

Some sellers provide free shipping.

The My Coupons tab is for you to use if you have accumalated some discount coupons. If you sign up for an account, a welcome discount coupon will be given and you can use it. There is also condition. For example, the coupon may come with a condition that you can only use it if the base price is $5.00

Scroll down the page to look for what you want.

Take note of the product code.

Then click on type (refer to pic below)

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4729230.jpg]

The cost of band 003 is the same as the base price which means $0.88

The cost of Band 002 has $3.40 in the bracket behind it. So the cost of the band 002 = $0.88 + $3.40 = $4.28

Once u selected what you want, just click on add to cart.

Then the rest is quite easy liao.

Let me know if you have further problems =)

What I have purchased so far which are worth buying

Hair Accessories

My mom bought some from korea for me last year and the price on the web is cheaper than wat she paid for in Korea. Quality is good.

It's definitely cheaper that what HELEN is selling

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=401050975

Bag Hanger

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400933915

Urinal for Boys

Think this is really useful although I haven't recieve it yet. But you can browse and take a look. When it's heree, I will let you know if it's really useful!

http://goods.gmarket.com.sg/gmkt.inc/Goods/Goods.aspx?goodscode=400979183

Mango: oic. But now not a gd time to buy wor.. Its abit overpriced i felt.. Babyt used to drive d 1.3 fit.. If 1.3, rd tax is cheap n fuel is good. BabyT : u ever tried putting a pram n car seat? My guess is 没问题

Last night feeding zeynep halfway, felt a sudden pain at my lower back. Til nw still feel painful ESP bending, only when standin straight or lie flat I feel better. Juz nw when putting Bb down d coy, feel like my back nearly break.

Sab...

U mean for the new car? Haven't buy yet... Do no idea yet. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yvonne...

Dun think we will buy so soon cos hb still driving his co car. So now, I'm just doing some homework. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sab

My Sis is paying 400 odd for a 2 yrs old fit . She taking a 8yrs. Loan . Putting a small stroller and a car sit no problem if u don have the cover for the booth .

Looks like alot of pp using Ergo...

Thanks Leo_baby, will go check out. I brgt bb just now to try maclaren, looks pretty gd too.

jrgal: yes it is a book. Google on it, there are many sites that help to summarize what it is all about. There's also Contented Little baby by Gina Ford which can be q strict so Baby Whisperer seems esier, modify if u must for ur bb.

Yvoone: I oso craved for crabs and just ate last nite after abstaining for months.

BY the way moms...all the talk about sashimi...can eat while bfing? I tot can't eat so havent eaten since I suspected I was pregnant.

Thank you, Sab..do forward me the list when you have it..

I am not joining the Toa Payoh Old Town gathering tom..but go there often to eat (reminds me of food from my hometown in Malaysia.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. For those wanting to know where Old Town is located in TP, it is up the staircase of the block after KFC (near Bee Cheng Hiang). Look for the DVD store, there is a stair case..just go upstairs.

Jessica - thanks for the detailed guide.

Badfifi - that is called flipping..strong baby you have there. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ebelle - I am on full bf'g and have been eating sashimi almost every week since I finished confinement. Been deprived for so long. So far, baby is fine.

Another good book I just started reading: The Happiest Baby on the Block, by Harvey Karp.

jessica> thanks so much for the guide! i was still trying to figure out how the site works before this...

chin> thanks! i think pinkyluv's kyra is doing even better then, since pinkyluv mentioned she's rotating herself? (isaac can only go from front to back)

Mango - Honda fit can fit my Capella and still got place to put some shopping bags.... no problem... Haiz... I miss my 小红... The thing I love about fit/ jazz is the rear seats can lay flat like those mpv kind, then u can dump all ur barang... Haiz haiz haiz...... Fuel economy wise, it really depends how u drive... If ur the kind who loves fast pick up and will just floor the pedal then this car is not for u... Cos honestly I didn't see much fuel savings... Mine was 1.3L... Average full tank $60... Can last me abt a week if I'm in a good mood and drive properly... If not 5 days max and I must pump again... Good thing is I pump 95... Don't need such good fuel... Haiz... Haiz... Haiz... My 小红 very ke lian... I miss her...

starluster, her last feed is usually ard 1am then she will sleep 4hrs min, next feed will be after 5am. I think she wants me to cluster feed her.

ebelle, christy is 6wks and 4.37kg. From nestle nan 1 tin shows 2mth vol is 150ml.

tigerlily, I will based on her given instructions, if she is hungry then she cry then i will go and prepare milk. If she cry too fiercely then I have to give FM.

crabs! So long never eat already... today mummy cooked jim, yummy, although is not real crab but still belong to the crab family hor. hehehe... If we eat too much seafood in a day, can bb still drink BM? I worry too much seafood content in the BM then bb will allergy leh, am I worrying too much?

frozen BM,

will the frozen milk have a layer of cream after thaw or cool down? I saw mine have a layer of oily cream after I warm up with warm water. No matter how I shake it, it does not mix into the milk and is happily float on top and clot the outlet of teat when christy is drinking. First time I saw this creamy thing. Last few days I also warm up frozen milk but don't have such cream appearing.

Finally... I gotten my dream vaccum cleaner today, rainbow! So happy! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back