(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Hi guys...

It's been too long.. Been super busy with my bb birthday bash.. Sooo glad it's over .. Happy birthday babies.. I've not registered for the SMH bash.. Issit too late?? Pls let me know.. I wish to attend..

I have quite a number of JWT trial classes 50%off vouchers ., given by my entertainer( bday clown)...so if u gals int let me know..

Hi Mummies,

Cake order placed! Polar 3kg cake @$97.74 (including delivery!)

Special thanks to Blurangel for the discounts and coordination!

cheers!

Agginess , I am interested in the discount voucher for the JWT gym , can I get from you during the Birthday Bash , thanks !

Hi Agginess, I wish to have the JWT voucher too for both my gals. Can u pm me cos u can't accept pm. Thanks.

Me wanna vomit blood.

Sponsor N only providing cereal n juice.So I've opened up to other providers for sponsorship.

Hopefully it's not too late.

I'll try to get other goodies for 2 other company. fingers crossed..

Michelle, no sponsorship frm N for our game prize too. I heard that their stocks are low, hence cant sponsor.

Been so tired lately that I've been sleeping when my gal slept at 9:30pm... sometimes only waking up in the middle of night to wash my face... keep bringing work home and not touching it, only to rush it the next day... sigh.

Lucasmummy, thanks, been added to SMH May FB group. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Michele,

Sorry that I have just manage to login today, I'm not able to make Cuppy Pudding for Birthday blast already as something happen in my family, I'm so sorry about that.

Hi Impulse,

Sorry, I can't attend for the birthday blast party, so pls withdraw me and my spouse attendance.

It's ok If not possible to refund the $, but if able to refund, pls let me know so I could give you my account number. Sorry for the inconvinience course. Thank you.

Coke it's ok , thanks , take care

Impulse41 , I am ok to refund Coke the money given the circumstances but this will be the last refund as I have already made payment for food and venue .

Coke , can you liaise with Impulse on your refund , thanks

Impluse: I have trf $18 to your account this morning. Pls check. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mommies!

Hope that you've enjoyed mother's day yesterday!

Some sponsors have expressed that we help fill up their business reply forms. I think our mommies can do that at the reception desk?

Also, they would like some pictures of our event,I thought of providing a few group pictures? Should be okay since they offered sponsorship? any thoughts?

Program for 1st Birthday Bash , 15 May 11-3pm

Venue : Yio Chu Kang Grassroots Club Playroom 2nd Floor (Go up the stairs and the Playroom is on the right hand side behind a pair of wooden doors

Hi all,

Hope you're looking forward to our 1st Birthday Bash on 15 May.

Pls see below the program, we have 2 contests with prizes - Most Co-Ordinated Family (voting) and Crawling Competition, so get ready !

11-11.30am Registration and collection of goodies

11.30 - 12.15 pm Self-Introduction and Voting for Most Co-ordinated Family

12.15 - 1pm Lunch

1 - 1.45pm Crawling Competition

1.45 - 2pm Lucky Draw (if we have any budget left)

2-3pm Free Play and Goodbye !

================================================

1. For Self-Intro, each family will introduce themselves in front of the rest, maybe tell others when your baby was born, what he/she likes and how you're co-ordinated for the Most Co-ordinated Family contest)

2.Rules for Crawling Competition

a) This will be done in groups of 5/6 and the winner of each group will go on to compete in the final.

b) Each mummy/daddy will be given one balloon to blow up before the contest starts. When the Emcee says go, the adult will run to the finish line with the balloon and the baby who crawls fastest to the finish line will win that round.

c) The adult is NOT allowed to stop/walk in the middle of the path to encourage the baby to crawl, adult MUST RUN to the finish line and baby must crawl to finish line to win.

d) In the final round, top 3 babies will get to win attractive prizes

==============================================

Hi Michelle & Phy,

confirmed order of the cake as follows:

Vendor: Polar Puffs & Cakes

Weight: 3kg

Choice of sponge and cream: chocolate sponge with fresh cream

Wording: Happy Birthday May 2010 Babies

Cost: $97.47 after 10% discount with delivery FOC

Kindly please take note that the payment mode upon delivery between 1-2pm is cash or cheque and payable to “Polar Puffs & Cakes Pte Ltd”

I have indicated that the contact person to be michelle.

Hi Michelle,

Sorry, I was out of town. Just replied your email[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi mummies,

I plan to have an outing with my cousins n their bb, may i know any playout place for parents & bb under 1 yr and near mrt place?

List of Helpers for 1st Birthday Bash

1. Receptionist - Gladseow, Sheryl,Pringles, pls meet at Playroom at 10.45am

2. Games Helpers - Loh , N&N

3. Balloons - LucasMummy

4. Playmats - LucasMummy, Gladseow, Lin

5. Photographers - ChloeMum hubby, Babygi hubby

6. Music - ChloeMum

Thanks for volunteering to help and see you all on the 15th .

Alina , yup you can join us as there are still spaces . Let me know how many adults and just pass the cash to me on the day itself , thanks .

Morning mummies....our May thread like very quiet leh..

Luckyone.. how was yr bb's 1yo celebration yterday?? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] hope he had fun!

Btw, wanna check if anyone know of any pampers promotions for L size going on now?

--- On Tue, 10/5/11, Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]>

Subject: Outings for the Underprivileged Children

To: "Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network)" <[email protected]>

Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 11:22

Dear all

We are still short of sponsors and volunteers for the outings arranged for the Underprivileged children, below is the updated numbers :

No. of Children Sponsor : 12

No. of Volunteers : 6

We hope to have about 45 children and 35 volunteers to come along for this Ice Cream Making Workshop, for those who can help, do get back to me by 15 May 2011 so we will have sufficient time to send out the flyers to the children.

In the event we are unable to get sufficient sponsors, we will cancel the outing and will refund those who have sponsored so you can use the funds to reach out to others instead.

Thank you

Regards

Charles Tan

Volunteer Resource Network

Email : [email protected]

URL : www.vrnetwork.org

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Thursday, 5 May, 2011 11:09 AM

Subject: June Holiday Programme for the Children

Dear all

We will be resuming our outings for the children from the low income family this June after taking a break last Dec. This coming June, we plan to bring the kids to downtown east for an Ice Cream Making Workshop and have Ice Cream Buffet there as well, below are the details :

Event : Ice Cream Making Workshop + Ice Cream Buffet

Date : 18 June 2011 (Saturday)

Time : 10am to 2pm (Tentative)

Venue : Downtown East

Meeting point : Daybreak Family Service Centre

Blk 855 Yishun Ring Road Training Wing

(5 mins walk from Khatib MRT Station )

Targeted number of Children : 45

Volunteers required : 25

The cost for each child is about $35.00 which will cover the cost of the event, including lunch and cookie packs for each child. We hope each of you can sponsor at least one child for the trip, we will also need some volunteers to join us for the trip to take care of the children and help them out during the ice cream making workshop when we are there.

For those who would like to sponsor, you can mail a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle”, indicate “VRN June” and mail it to :

Maple Lifestyle

195 Pearl’s Hill Terrace

#01-32

Singapore 168976

Please let us know the details of your cheque such as bank, cheque number and amount via email if you are sending by cheque.

For those who preferred to funds transfer, please do email me separately for the account number to transfer.

Do remember me to update me so I can consolidate the sponsored funds, we will stop accepting funds once we have enough as per our usual practice.

And for those who are keen to volunteer, do provide me with the following particulars :

1) Name

2) NRIC

3) Contact Number

4) Email address

The cost for each volunteer is $38.00, we will likely be getting McDonald Lunch for everyone, if you are a vegetarian, do inform us and we will pack lunch separately for you.

We hope to be able to get your support to sponsor up to a max of 45 children from the low income family group for this trip.

Regards

Charles Tan

Volunteer Resource Network

Email : [email protected]

URL : www.vrnetwork.org

Hi,

Am posting for information as they are short of sponsors and volunteers for the event. Pls liaise with the organiser directly if you are interested in helping out..

Thanks a mil! =)

Hi mummies,

thread is quiet. My bb maple has some heat rash (i suppose, as a small red dot spread around)on her tummy there, apply lotion already, still din really go away.. Need mummies advise on this, any mummies encounter this before?

My bb maple keep scratching her private area, each time i or the infant teacher change her diaper. I don't know it bcme her habit as she has a nappy rash last week or her private area is itchy that irriated her. Need help...

Hi mummies,

Maplemummy, my boy has similar rashes around his right wrist. We apply aloe vera cream around the area. Then we apply mopiko awhile later... the red ness is gone except for a little bumps which is also recovering.

You may want to apply some aloe vera cream around her pte area?

LucasMummy,

I bought a JJ lotion with aloe vera, it seem like not really effective. May i know what brand of aloe vera cream you are using?

Hi Mummies

Baby Nat has started walking 2 weeks ago , what kind / brand of walking shoes should I buy for him to walk when he's outside ? Should the shoe sole be hard or soft ?

Thanks and see you all this Sunday !

1st Birthday Bash 15 May Sun 11-3pm

Hi mummies

Just a reminder on the Birthday Bash this Sunday from 11-3pm

Venue : Yio Chu Kang Grassroots Club , The Playroom , Level 2 , it's on the right hand side behind a set of wooden doors

If any of you cannot find the place , can contact me at 90044800

See you and hope you're preparing for the Most Co-ordinated Family and the Crawling Competition

Coke, still waiting for u to contact me with your bank account no, so I can refund u. thanks!

A total of 30 mummies make payment.

total amt is $981.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBY-BoDK24adC1yOVdTNjExVXY0ZTV5ZEVYajFVc0E&hl=en&authkey=CJTWo8cB#gid=2

Michelle, I'm going to transfer $981 to you shortly.

Mummies who are still keen to participate in the Birthday Bash. Please join us and pay the cash to michelle directly on that day.

If you can't find Michelle, can always pass to me. I can hand it over to her.

Maplemummy

I tink california baby aloe vera cream is very effective. It's calendular cream also as gd. Try them! Otherwise ntuc pharmacy sells pure aloe vera gel too.

Michelle

Wah Nat is fast! Can try soft soles as prewalker shoes. They enable bb to feel thd ground better as they learn to walk. Pedipeds originals have a nice range. Once they master walking can upgrade to hard soles like pediped flex. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Enjoy them while they r learning to walk. I read that once they hv mastered the art of walking, they will want to exert their independence. And then comes the terrible twos stage..

Michelle: i bought pedipeds originals too. U can try "See Kai Run". "See Kai Run" was having promotion @ Mothercare last week when i went. 2nd pair @ 50% off.

I got the shoes from here. Think it's cheaper than outside. http://www.debabyshoppe.com

I think can get even cheaper from BP. But I didn't want to wait. Cos the shoes were for Chloe's birthday present.

Maplemummy: i'm also using California Baby Aloe Vera. Very good and effective for rashes.

You can get it at the website above where I got Chloe's shoes. They are selling the aloe vera cheaper than outside. If need urgently, I think some watsons sell, the online shop delivered within a week for my shoes.

Wow these baby shoes are soooo expensive! checked out Pedipeds and See Kai Run from the online shop recommended, shocked to find that they are so expensive even with promotions. Feels it is not worth the money given that they will probably outgrow the shoes by a few months or half a year??? Any slightly cheaper alternatives? How about Oshkosh?

pringles

i also like bubblegummers frm Bata and also colette... not as ex as pedipeds and see kai run... bubblegummers got nice n light shoes for young children...

Back