(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Luckyone: Think Aquaducks suntec currently only have classes for Sat 2pm, or sun 9am, and thurs at some real strange afternoon time. That's what the coach told me. Need to check with them which classes are still available though.

i'm going for the sun 9am class.

I was previously waitlisted on a few other swim schools. This is the only one which had opening when i enquired early last week. So I am just going for it. Now waiting for them to confirm me into the class.

I figured if I just keep waiting, I'll never get the baby swimming. By then, it might just become too difficult. Or I'll just become too lazy. I will also take this chance to go swimming myself. Time to lose some weight and get back in shape.

Yeap true...wait and waited become lazy~~

Was thinking to bring my boy to Bukit Merah Safa club for swimming. Me and ah boy can swim and my hubby can enjoy his internet and coffe there haha

i am goign to call for trial and see if have slot.

i just called hb to tell him. he says he want to teach on his own... (but dunno must wait until when lor)

bluangel/luckyone - wanna do trial first?

I've been wanting to bring baby for swim for the longest time but parents in law disallowed saying she is too young. So, now only bring baby to baby pool down stair to "kick water." Definitely gonna let her swim on the day she turns one!

Chloemum, you mentioned the swimming class is just for playing with water and getting use to the environment, so how is having a coach different from us parents just holding on to baby in water? Did the coach use any props or special techniques? just curious as to what formal swimming classes do for baby this age.

btw, don't mind the sponsor having our contact details. Just last weekend, I walked past a bank having "lucky draw" outside. I was too polite to say no, so just dip my hand into the box lor... told got McDonald voucher wor (I don't even like McDonald!)but then asked me to fill in contact details. Then they gave me.... ta da da... $ONE McDonald voucher! There you go, I sold my contact details for $1 voucher. My hubby laughed at me. :p

Hello mummies!!

Hahaha-- I am labeled as the mummy whose baby won the baby crawling competition!! *VERY HONOURED*

Sam-mummy (Sheryl)-- Sorry, I cant take part in the bday bash bec it falls on the same day as my FIL's bday. We are planning to throw him a bday gathering. So cant help out.

I am extremely tired. Just celebrated Raihan's bday yesterday at Aloha chalet. Super worn out...

Raihan is walking 80% already. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] He only crawls if he wants to get somewhere really fast. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] *VERY HAPPY MUMMY*

Once he offically turns One I will start academic work with him, can suggest some home schooling website guides?

Luckyone, can give me ur bfast recipe links?THANK U!

BTW-- EAST mummies, wanna meet next week?

AR, totally understand how u feel cos Charlotte is doing the same too. Been practising to walk more steadily. Cheers...:)

Pringles: Of course u can do the teaching yourself. But provided you know how to do it correctly and safely. The coach will teach how to slowly lower the baby's head into the water lor. I don't think I will have the courage to do that myself lar. Sure scared like mad. There's also a lot of singing and toys.

I only went for 1st lesson. So need to see how it goes. I suspect it will just be repeating the actions week after week, and adding 1 or 2 new stuff.

Just like the Shichida classes, academic classes and other lessons, we can actually do it ourselves at home if we have time and know how to.

AR, Ya paiseh!Forgotten that you mentioned that you can't make it.

BB Raihan's the leader of the pack! Such a quick learner![IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i rmb some mummies here bought bb for shichida class. any feedback?

enrichment class, how mummies make the choices between, playgym, those brain training, music, or even swimming classes? very confuse by all these stuff. what is the actual benefit for sending bb to all these classes?

chloemum, saw your photos on fb, very nice. can see that chloe really enjoy the lesson.

Mush: I will do like 1 physical activity and 1 artistic activity. I think that is enough for now. I want bb to have as much fun as she can before i send her to school. haha... should be sending her to playgroup or childcare when she turns 18 months.

Physical activity I have picked swimming cos i think that's an essential skill to learn. As for the artisitc activity, haven't thought of any so far, but probably music lessons, which i will start later.

Very hard to let her go for multiple classes, cos we only have 2 days over the weekend, which we shuttle between Chloe's grandparents and great grandmother, meeting up with friends, relatives, doing housework, etc.

My take on the many lessons, base on the trial classes i went.

Playgym is like interaction time between bb and parent, which i do at the playground, at home, bringing bb out strolling etc, every other day. I let her climb up and down slides, my sofa, chairs and pretty much every other thing.

Brain training... well, i have heard enough raves about that though i myself can't understand it. Most of us grew up without such brain training and we all turn out fine. This is SG! Everyone is Kiasu! Now I am just praying that Chloe will inherit her daddy's brains, then I can save on all the classes, and tuition and all. wahahahaha...

Music lessons: for now, Chloe can listen to my singing or the tunes from her musical toys and dance to it. I think that's fine. I have an entire collection of classical music. But haven't tried playing them. Puts me to sleep. Ok lar, i think i will play it as bedtime music for Chloe starting sometime this week.

Lilstarz, I've agreed to Nestle's package of goodies. No need to provide ctt details.

There will be some forms to fill up for those mommies whom have not join their Baby club.

(I think most of us signed up with them already to get the 6months sample and goodies);p

Drypers declined, for samples, can go to their webstie to request for them[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

1st Birthday Bash, PLS PAY BY 22 APR

Hi all,

Pls transfer your payment for the 1st Birthday Bash to my account by 22nd April so that we have sufficient funds to pay for cake and venue.

My account number is POSB Saving 030-40226-0

Once again, it's $18 per adult and $9 per kid (other than babies)

Pls check spreadsheet for how much you need to pay and update with transfer details once you've paid.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBY-BoDK24adC1yOVdTNjExVXY0ZTV5ZEVYajFVc0E&hl=en&authkey=CJTWo8cB#gid=2

so far, 9 mummies has make payment. Thanks.

rumissing, nanabear911, gladseow, lilstarz29 and blurangel's payment noted and updated in the spreadsheet.

Sheryl, i just wrote in to Diapers.com.sg. See if they can provide us samples of pull up pants or other stuff.

U want to try BUMWEAR? See if they can provide stuff as well?

How about mamypoko?

I think we can try for Vitagen/Yakult too. haha...

Hi impulse, ya.. can email me in advance...

My baby maple got contispation, she cried as her shit being stuck at anus, she try to push but guess too hard and she cried.

I have given her pumpkin/sweet potatoes porridge, ask her drink more gulcose and yoghurt at times, still encounter this problems. Any mummies got any advise? Feel so sad to see her like this.

Sheryl: Diapers.com.sg got back. But they will only provide tape type diapers for events. u all still want? they will need to collect mother's name, ic, email, contact number and diaper size for them to justify the sample collections.

Sharon, u can buy the prune for Maple to try. I hv tried it few times for my boy and it works well. It taste good too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Is from Gerber, can get from all supermarkets.

Sharon, 'P' food for poo, peas, papaya, pears, plums, prunes. Give lots of water as well. previously when sophie had constipation, i vaseline on her anus when she try to poo, the oily-ness of the lotion do help.

pinnky/mush, i tried prune also (from heinz) not that effective, maybe she has constipation den i gave. I tried papaya before, but it don't work.

maple has a weird system. Like when she is young, she has this constipation already. So i tried all sort of foods, fruits. Once i give her papaya, she poo. But after a few try, papaya not working anymore. I am running out of ideas...Helps....

Sharon, if the constipation is so bad, maybe you can try the pump. Not a long term solution though...at least you get the poopoo out from her system. can get the pump from chinese medical hall.

Sometimes i will give my boy "dong gua" water or barley water to ease heatiness and prevent constipation.

Sharon, maybe u can try stopping all food known for constipation. like rice, potato and pasta.

whenever Sophie poo got hard, i will cook barley with pear. very nice and effective. the very next day her poo will soften.

another way is to get baby to poo everyday. this will require a bit of training. bring bb to toilet and do the poo poo sound when bb want to do big biz. after awhile, bb will know to poo when u bring her to toilet and do the poo poo sound.

Sharon, could it be the milk? u using formula?

My MIL was telling me that when she changed formula for Chloe's cousin from NAN HA to Similac, the poo became less regular (from 2/3 times a day to once), and now the baby has more occurences of eye goo.

Chloe has been on NAN HA since she start FM. No probs with poo. Averages 2 times of sticky poo a day. I don't give her extra servings of fruits of veg, in fact she eats a lot of bread and biscuits and puffs, on top of her porridge and milk.

mush, i am sending my boy to mygym for a start. Cholemum is right, playgym is about child-parent interaction and most activity can be done at home, but i wanted him to start with something, at least to let him have some social interactions, lessen his separation anxiety and also to exhaust his energy. Sent him to his 1st lesson and he seemed to like it. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Thereafter I might want to send him to some music / arts related kind of activity. Swimming is good but I think for a start I just let him play with in the pool before sending him for proper swimming lessons.

Mush: thks, i will cook barley with pear for her. Pear is "xue li"? you cook for how long?

Cholemum: GP has asked us to give her more gulcose, worst need to dilute the milk, do you think we shld?

I am so glad to hear mummies' advise. I feel so hard-pain to see her tears drop down when she trying very hard to poo out.

Hihi mummies... good afternoon. wow party preparations in full swing! i am on bubble tea craze, so sleepy everyday i need bubble tea to stay awake.

Maplemummy, poor Maple. My boy also had similar problems even though he did not have serious conspitation. He will sit on toilet bowl and "gek" until face turns red and tears stream. *sob* He doesn't like water so i had to give more veg + fruit. I started yogurt daily since last week and seems much easier on him now. PD also gave some soft gel insertion that is quite effective and (supposedly) painless. Hope Maple gets better soon.

Hope this helps.

Maplemummy: i dun think diluting milk is a good solution cos depriving bb of nutrients. i heard from a friend glucose will give phlegm.

i have also heard before too much fiber might give constipation cos it's very rough and bbs dun eat that much to poo out.

Does water work? When did bb's constipation start? Ever since on FM? Or after switching from stage 1 to stage 2 milk? If that's the case, then maybe try to change a different FM lar. Cos if it's something in the FM that is giving her problems, den diluting n fruits isn't really going to help in the long run.

I found this. (http://www.homemade-baby-food-recipes.com/baby-constipation.html#ixzz1JHjgXm3e)

Certain foods are more likely than others to trigger constipation. These include:

* rice cereal (see our article - Is Baby Rice the Best First Food For Baby?)

* unripe bananas

* cooked carrots

* applesauce

* cheese

* yogurt

* white bread

* pasta

* large amounts of potato

MapleMummy, i soak the barley overnight then blend so can cook faster, ard 15-20mins. Can either cube or blend the pear. Normally I blend cause its faster. Cook the barley first then add pear just before serve.

The pear I use is the one in brown skin, don't know what is it called.

I find dragonfruit very good for constipation as well.

Chloemum ok, have sent email to bumwear.

Mamypoko, cant find the ctt email.

Yakult, have sent to their pacific.net.sg email address, not sure if the right one;p

Vitagen, have sent to msia dairy industries

Huggies, sent but no response yet

(i've upadted the spreadsheet on sponsors)

Any mommies whom want the template letter for sponsorship can pm me.

hihis june, michelle, sheryl

thanks for organising this birthday bash ...

about payment, i just made payment to june's acct..

IB via posb, trans ref: 6668297717

Hi mummies,

I am from the June 2010 thread.

I am now doing my 3rd batch spree for Sophie & other brands, the products can be seen on www.sophie.sg. The discount is 20% off price listed on the site.

To order, please send me a PM directly (I will not be referring to the thread postings). I will close orders on 17 April at 3pm. On 18 April, I will contact all mummies to confirm the orders and ask for payment to be transferred before 19 April 11am. Stocks will be available for collection from 20 April onwards at Pinnacle@Duxton or Tanjong Pagar MRT.

Hi hi mummies

Thanks for organising the 1st Birthday Bash.

Hi Impulse41

I have transferred $36 to your POSB savings under trasnsaction ref no. 6669545907. Have also updated the spreadsheet.

Shichida

I brought my baby to the first lesson last thurday. Hmm.. I would say it's very different from any playgym cos throughout the whole of 1 hour, there involve flash cards, linked memory, language, songs in different languages (eg, Spanish, Malay, Japanese) some stuff that gives baby to practice on their motor skills etc.. Don't know if they are going to repeat the same on lesson 2 though. Let me go for "my" 2nd lesson and update mummies here again. keke... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morn mommies!

ah, tmr is my last day @ work! woohoo!

thought i would be a SAHM for sometime, but my ex-boss offered me a part-time job (morn) with very attractive remuneration. it's so flexible i can work from home on days where i do not have office meetings. Cool right? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Think it's good for long term when i put my boy in pre-nursery (18mths) in the mornings and i go work. then i can fetch him when i come home....hee :D then go play / swim and do fun stuff together!! with the extra cash, i can also afford to put him in better schools!

michelle, we can still have the swim date anytime - which days next week is good for you? i'm on 'break' next week! will start my new job the week after. let me know a few dates so i can cross-check my calender [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

* only silly thing is that my bb sleeps like 930-11am, 3-4+pm when it's perfect timing to swim!! grrrr....

Back