(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

i believe a trick to avoid packing too much when tarvelling is to do last minute packing. That way you will only pack the essential and obvious. If too much time in hands, our minds start to wander and think "may be need this...this will be good to have... this one doesn't take up too much space anyway, etc etc" I'm sure we will improvise whatever we forgot to bring. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Chloemum, thanks! guess no choice but to try, try , try :p. once again, thanks! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi mummies.....

Mrs Teo: thank you for hosting the gathering. Lucas had fun. He dozed off in the car shortly after. Haha! :D

so much on travelling with baby. No chance for me. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] but will keep al in mind. Enjoy Pringles!

Keeping baby in car seat: I used to just let him cry. Especially at times when I am driving with him only. My hubby would stuff pacifier but I am not very delighted with it. I rebated that I went tru all the yelling and crying, he couldn't just destroy my efforts by giving him pacifier. And, he did not now. Lucas also seemed to be better nowadays. He just yaks. Probably a little cranky when he gets tired but eventually fell asleep. Hurrrr..... Otherwise, Twinkle twinkle little stars works on him. :D

Hi morning,

wow, pringles_jem, i don't dare to do last min packing, if forget something important, will vomit blood overseas.

rumissing, i don't sterilise the bottle, what i did was bring a kettle and boil hot water and pour over them. actually, our babies now are stuffing everything into their mouth. One of my friends ask me, why u still need to sterilise, my son is stuffing his mouth with everything he can lay his hand on.

So i think now, easier, don't need to sterilise.

Impulse, rumissing: yeah. i also only sterilise when I have an option to do so. Else, pour hot water. If not, then just ignore. haha. I try to do the best that I can.

And, yah, i don't see the point of sterilising either. but hb seems to like to do it. so i just let him. haha.

1st Birthday Bash Update, 15 May 11am-3pm

So far we have 31 babies and 57 adults. Those who still want to sign up, pls click here

https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0AkBY-BoDK24adC1yOVdTNjExVXY0ZTV5ZEVYajFVc0E&hl=en&authkey=CJTWo8cB#gid=2

In terms of budget, it will now be $19 per adult and $9.50 per kid (other than babies).

Other than food and birthday cake, I've allocated $60 for balloons and $125 for prizes. Pls let me know if that's sufficient, esp the balloons part

Let's try to have 2 games and 3 prizes each . If you all don't want games then the $125 can be used to buy vouchers for lucky draw

In terms of games, we can have 1 crawling competition, who wants to volunteer to organise that ? Can someone pls think of 1 more game/ competition ? How about best dressed contest or baby soccer ?

I still need volunteers for the following pls

1. Treasurer

2. Event Program

3. Games Organizer

4. Buy Prizes

5. Get Balloons

6. Emcee

7. Playmats

Mrs Teo,

Sorry i didnt make it last sat. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but looking at the fb pictures it sure looks fun. ball pit! cool... ya anymore upcoming gatherings in the northeast? ;p i cant host at my pl as yet cos.. even though we shifted in Jan, there are still some stuff unpacked! gasp!!!

there is a 24hr provision shop at potong pasir (near the npp) selling milk powder cheaper then NTUC. they carry all brands.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i used to get diapers n milk powder there. surprisingly since moved to hg, can only get from NTUC! which is more ex...grrrrr... ok tats one thing gd abt pp. hah!

Hi Michelle, I can volunteer to take 1 playmat.

Hmm. as for the balloons, I suggest no need so much. keke.. Get a big pack. i think ard $10 will do. The rest of the $ can be use for other things.

Skmama

if u got drive can come hougang ave 5 327 econ mini mart the milk power is cheaper than NTUC

or at Ave 8 there another shop but i cannot remember the blk the name is call hong mao

Impulse , that sounds great , yeah you can be Treasurer .

Let's wait till end of the week to finalize attendance and budget then can start to collect $

Gladseow , I was thinking of getting helium balloons , that's why budget more . But I am ok withe normal balloons as well , but we will need a balloon pump to blow up the balloons right , cos if blow ourselves quite siong . How much does a normal ballon pump and a helium balloon pump cost ?

AR you mentioned before that can get helium balloon pump for $50 , get from where ?

mrs teo - appreciate your help..tks!

bb birthday parties - Sounds so exciting and fun. Wun be able to join this round as it falls within my gal's bday week. Might be bringing her for a short trip. Have fun mummies!

hi michelle,

okie, swop me then.

helium balloon is about 1.20 per pcs but need to collect from balloon company or add delivery charges. think it's okie to have normal balloon. normal hand pump is quite cheap, think $2 or less.

Hi Michelle,

How about using the $125 for prizes (may be add abit more) to rent some big party toys for the babies to play with? I saw some daily rental packages for birthday party.

http://www.toys4rent.sg/index.php?option=com_virtuemart&page=shop.browse&category_id=6&Itemid=1

Personally I've never attended any birthday party for babies or any events where many babies present at the same time, haha so not quite sure what it is going to be like. But I just wonder whether some of the games may be more fun for the adults than the babies? It is their birthday, so just want the babies to have as much fun as possible.

Pringles, was also thinking about renting toys, but scared the venue got no place for toys like bounce houses. Unless we just rent a ball pit and some slide thing which should take up less space.

Cos now we have ard 60 adults and 32 babies while the venue capacity is 80 pax .

LucasMummy, great thanks ! Who else has balloon pump and can bring along ?

Michelle: i remember in the photograph of the children's playroom @ the grassroot club, there's already slides and some other big play things. can confirm if these facilities are available to us since we booked the room? then we would not have to rent toys.

The room also seem to be decorated with wall decals/cartoon drawings already. Maybe we can just make do with the banner and a few balloons ard the banner. Save the money for the food and other stuff.

http://www.grassrootsclub.org.sg/meetnmingle.html#meeting12

ChloeMum , think some mummies who have used the venue before said that those slides are stuff are available for us to use , but may not be suitable for our babies , more suitable for older kids I think

Hi,

The children playroom already have the maze, ball area n slide. Our 1yr old can play if one adult follow lor n slide together. N inside ball pit. They also have the coin rides there. 50cents each ride. I think no need to rent toys cos wont have space and already having bumper playmat. Balloon if we pump ourselves, not helium type, then wont stay upright n "flow" in the air if u get what I meant. hee

Luckyone: How did u make the pumpkin riceball? hehe...

I came across a book that makes steam tofu and egg yolk ball. I am making that tmr, so thought of doing the pumpkin riceball to go with it.

Hi mummies.. Am moaning in pain...tummy aching.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

I want to suggest, what if each of us contribute 10 balloons fo the party?- then it would be like about 400 balloons or so right? Then can save the money on balloons. I wouldnt encourage helium once bec once fly up difficult to catch again.

And even if you rent toys, there is no place there. its pretty squeezy bec the indoor playground is in the middle.

In that case we better not rent toys and also no need helium balloons .

AR wah , 400 balloons a bit much . Since we not getting helium ones anymore , some of us can just sponsor the normal balloons . But would be good if we have more balloon pumps , if not each family just blow their own balloons haha

No problem. This is a "share share" web site mah.

Yeap, easy and smart method.

I used this method to cut my boy's sandwich roll in to small rolls for him to BLW. One pc of bread after roll, can cut in to 8 pcs!

so quiet here...

i feel so sleepy after lunch... Zzzzzz

luckyone, i've seen the video u posted... very smart way to cut sandwiches.

wha.... so much work.... i want to flip table and throw the pc on the floor liao.... and how come u guys still can get access to youtube in the office... sigh.. i need a change of environment aldy....

Hey mummies,

My boy is having constipation recently. Stool very hard. May I know what brand or type of prune juice that baby can drink? How much can my baby drink per day?

thanks!

Mommies, what did u feed ur baby for breakfast? My girl use to have cereal for bkf.. Now she simply refused!

What other food can I let her eat.. Prefer those easier to prepare one.. She's having porridge for lunch and dinner.

And also.. Is there anyway to cook porridge and leave it to self-cook or heated till evening time? Cos hb and I will be out for work from 8am-7pm.. Tried slow cooker, but porridge will overflow and get burnt..

But I wanna her to have dinner daily now. She only get to have porridge dinner if my hb rtn Hm early.

Jo,

Go buy a timer plug. It is a socket plug that u can time what time to switch on and switch off ur eletrical appliance. That way you can set for your slow cooker so won't burn. I got mine from one of the electrical shops at the Arcade at Raffles place. I think other electrical shops can find too.

Cholemum, Michelle,

Can help me register in baby's bash. Me and Ashleigh only. I can't seem to save the excel. Thanks.

Decided to go since many mummies also brave enough to bring bb (w/o hubby), I shall try.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Teo , done ! Have registered you and Ash for the birthday bash . No worries , Ash seems quite guai leh , should be easy to handle without your hubby

Back