(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

LucasMummy,

It's natural to be envious of mummies who can TBF their kids but everyone is different.. so must always remind ourselves not to compare too much.. same goes for the birth process as well.. The ultimate aim for every mommy is to give birth to their kiddos safely and have them grow up well and healthy.. As long as we try to do our best within the circumstances, we should be happy with the choices we made..

My girl hiccups after every feed.. I've checked with the PD the other day.. he said it's nothing to worry about.. so I left it as it is...

Bbf,

Haha.. yes.. I agree.. The challenge wll come when the confinement lady leaves.. By then, I'll prob be the one coming in here to rant and vent.. haha.. I try to rest as much as possible but I find it very difficult to nap (now that I am given a chance to)..

Lilstarz,

Bruises around the wound? Why? I'm due to remove my bandage tomorrow... So after this, there will be no dressing to protect the wound? And we still have to put the binder on? Wouldn't the binder irritate the wound?

Don't compare yourself with the confinement lady.. she's the pro at handling babies.. we are still new at this.. learning curve will tend to be a bit steep... Will you consider bottle feeding (EBM) at night? Then it should be faster than latching on, right? I'm thinking of doing that.. I will latch in the day as I prob have more energy then.. but at night, when you are sleepy and groggy, I find it a bit tough when the baby has a habit to latch for more than an hour.. Hmm, but I wouldn't know if it will work cos' I still have the confinement lady to take care of her now..

JThan,

Yeah last week took out stitches they told me 1 week later remove the bandage.. my gynae said will have bruises becos she gave some 'çosmetic injection' to prevent keloids.. yeah so no dressing. i just put the binder on..and no its not irritating the wound as long as its covered i think should be fine.. just make sure the edge of the binder or ur underwear band isn't right at the spot where the wound is..

i did the EBM last night but i pumped every 3 hourly (est 30 mins b4 baby wake up time)and CL fed her... CL grumbled to me this morning that at the 5am feed she took 1 hour to finish her milk from milk bottle!! Either my baby super sleepy or she really savours her food!!

I just think its going to be hard.. u feed baby EBM then still have to pump to prevent engorgement.. also take around an hour plus provided ur baby finishes the bottle fast not like mine! Baby still on TBM.. but seriously... FM starting to beckon...

Hi mommies, I'm from Jan 2010 MTB.

I have the following I wish to let go:

Via post or Self collection @ Tg Pgr MRT on weekday evenings.

Pigeon Disposable Breast Pads

Used 50%. Left 17 pieces only.

$2 - prefer via self collection

Nursing Bra size 40C (Nude(brown) and light beige) - $8.50 each including postage

Washed not worn. Bought wrong size. Ribbon in the centre has been removed.

For pictures, please visit http://www.flickr.com/photos/23825906@N03/sets/72157623457485138

Medela Purelan Brand New Unopened (without box)

$11 including postage

37g Expiry June 2012

- Will throw in another tube which is left 50%.

Brand New Unopened Avent Nipple Cream

$10 including postage

30g Expiry June 2011

From Little dreamers

Healing bottom spray $10 including postage

Brand new unopened 120ml bottle Expiry Sep 2011

I had to go for c-sect thus no use for it.

Dry confinement Powder (for hair) $7 including postage

3.4oz bottle Expiry Oct 2011

Used a few times. Tried using during confinement but end up washing my hair. :p

Lucky Baby

Stroller Cover for rain or shine - Brand New

Letting go @ $12

Do PM me if keen.

Any mummies feeding colic drop / gripe water for their infant?

I just realise the Woodwards gripe water's shelf life is only 14 days.

Do we really need to feed them everyday? Any other brands that have better shelf life to recommend?

HI Hon,

just read the posts. My mum suggests using Ru Yi oil to help get rid of wind in baby's stomach

put a few drops on ur palms, rub til warm and touch tenderly on bb's stomach.

About BF, my bb will latch b out 1 hr on both sides. But i still top up w formula maybe after bout 3 feeds just to ensure he is full. His two grandmas cant bear to see him cry..

But he still likes latching, taking me to be a human pacifier..

Sigh..

me too todday went to gynae there to remove stitches n was given a new dressing for the wound n need to go back n change the addressing again after 2 weeks time. Gynae prescribed me some supplements for the nerve n breast feeding hope it helps to booast some supply. Talk abt weight lost went to scale myself in the clinic n lost 9kg within 2 wks, but then i gained 15kg for this preg so hope to lose the other balance b4 end of the confinement. =P

Breast Milk: wondering is our breast is always supply on demand. Cos i immediately let my gal latch on immediately after pumping n seems like she is not satisfied n full so end supplement with formula. But then she poo alot so maybe is one of the reason y she hungry easily.

Congrats Edie. Love the name Thea. So sweeeet..

---

Haiz, still waiting for turn to pop. Baby 3kg oredi and still got 2 weeks to edd. -__- am so anxious and excited...

---

congrats to all mummies who have popped again!

Dear mummies

I bought too many sessions of abdomen candle wax massage at Gimen and wanted to let go some sessions. Good for those who just gave birth and wanted to remove wind in the womb. Please email me at [email protected] as i seldom go to smh.

Usual price is S$80 / session.

10 sessions = $400

20 sessions = $700

30 sessions = $1000

hon,

bb still not yet full month...so don't dare to advise what to do for your colicky bb,

may be u can ask your PD if gripe water or the ru yi oil can work?

bx - gratssssssss!!!! salute u to go w/o epi!

Lucasmummy, bb-bao, bbf - tks tks !!! now recovering fr the stitch...quite uncomfy now

Finally, my little precious...Baby Rei Heng~~

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3977460.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3977461.jpg]

Hi JThan,

Saw your post about bf. I delivered 3 weeks ago and the amount of milk is same as your, both sides add up only 10ml. How did you manage to increase to 60ml? I've taken goat rue and milk tea, still sama-sama. Same amount when I have my no 1...

Chubby Tiger...

i also notice that when i bf if that day i happen to have low supply or something (especially if i pump and then bf her due to her timing) she doesnt seem to get full easily... she may fall asleep... but every 30mins or 1 hr will wake up and demand a feed....then will be perpetually latched to me the whole day..but if lets say i use EBM and feed her 20ml after her being latched on she goes to sleep for her 2 - 3 hours.... my CL also tell me becos my girl poops a lot... (can be 2x during one feed and basically changing her diapers 5 - 6 times a day) so get hungry faster... according to them anyway...your breasts are always producing milk... cos even if u squeeze after a feed still got a few drops... its just how fast the breasts can produce the milk after being emptied...

bbf,I leave the binder on overnight,I take out the next morning,I actually book for 7 sessions but cannot tahan the bind,then I reduce to 5 sessions.

Jerbunny,my MIL say bb drink gripe water,later ll have phlegm,so I never feed my bb with tat.

congrats all mummies who have delivered!!

i just saw on fb that sue has just delivered too!! congrats!!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

rest well and share your story with us soon!

Alina... Thanks! Your baby will be coming soon, the excitement of waiting is actually quite fun.

It's our first night home, hubby and I were struggling w baby. Any little noise she made we'll wake up and see. Managed to latch her on but no milk yet just colostrum still hopefully milk will come in soon

Congrats to Sue. Your baby came in the nick of time. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs Heng congrats to you too on the birth of your lovely little girl.

Lucasmummy it's certainly no sin if you don't TBF or have a natural birth. It certainly doesn't make you a lesser mum. While it is great to have ideals sometimes our circumstance do not go hand in hand with our ideals and we have to be flexible enough to adapt. It is part of life. It is also very much a part of this thing we call motherhood. I would have loved to TBF my son, yet even if I could turn back the clock I wouldn't change any of my nightmarish bf experience with him 'cos that was our own unique story and my son wouldn't be my son if not for it. So whenever you feel envious of other mummies just think what a blessing your son is to you. He may not be a TBF baby but he is your special little person and nothing will ever change that. The more you concentrate on your baby, the easier it is to let go of your disappointment over not TBF and the more peaceful you will be. If you have a peaceful disposition somehow your supply would automatically go up. From my own experience that's what happened. So don't despair yah. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mrs N:

thanks. Actually i meant envy is a sin. But I like the part u mentioned to focus on the baby and easier to let go... I guess I am much fortunate n less tired than most mummies here.. I shan't be grumbling .

Sue: congrats!!!

helo!

i really find it difficult to catch up on thsi thread sial!!

baby_t : got the pull the thread feeling lor.. not very pain la.. hahahahaa

AR : ya lor.. wat happen to luckyone ??

edie , mrs N - tks alot !!

lucasmummy - ya dun pressurise urself too much. i'm going thru the 1st n most difficult stage now too. yday n today tried latching my bb and no milk. Dun feel any diff to my boobs too. Then my bb only has 15mins patient..if she dun get to suck anything she will start screaming at the top of her voice n cried til her face turns red. Ended up i get the nurse to carry on to feed FM. Hopefully my milk will kick in soon ^^

Thanks BBF, Sue, AR, Blurangel and BB Hon for concern. My boy is real naughty, keep giving false alarms lei. Has all the symtoms liao.....Dilation increasing, heavy discharge, on and off pain every 5 to 10 mins interval, sometimes 15 mins interval, sometimes no more, then sometimes come back again. Gynae say the pain must be at 5 mins interval and last for at least 2 hours, then can consider really ready for labour. So confused and tiring as when deliver my #1, I only dliated 2cm with no pain, my ex-gynae already ask me to admit.

all mummies...

usually how long does it takes to recover fr pus? I feel so uncomfortable fr the stitches n pus now...cannot seems to lie or sit properly >.<

Congrats Mrs Heng and Sue!!!

Dr Wong comment that your BB very corporative lei.....good gal.

My boy boy headache lei, very naughty, keep giving me false alarms :p But as long as he is still very active and healthy, I'm alright with it. Most important is BB's well being.

Sue, wow 17 hours of labour without pain relief. But once see BB, all the pain is worth it, right? She looks very sweet and have very good complexion : )

ktsc - this morn juz asked dr wong abt u. She oso told me it was a false alarm. Guess ur bb too comfy in u...take gd care of urself n hope to hear gd news fr u soon!

grats Sue~!~!~!!

ktsc - tks tks !! haha..she quite cooperative but beri impatient gal. Maximum she only allow me to latch her 15mins. Aft dat she will show me her power by her loud cryin n screaming. I agree as long as ur bb is healthy, its worth the waiting. Hope he can pop soon so u doesnt need to go thru the interval contractions anymore.

BX - i realised u r under dr wong too!! Mayb our BBs are lying beside each other now..lol

good morning mummies,

Mrs Heng n Sue, congrats again! finally the day has arrived.

bbf, thanks for sharing. i was looking at the steriliser n pump n thinking how it works! need to read the manual. a bit the clueless abt this.

KTSC, i agree, as long as bb is healthy n still kicking inside.. i guess we shall just monitor n play the waiting game. for you i think also quite soon le, since got the signs already.[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

today is my last day of work. will start ML from next monday onwards. tired from waiting la. lol

Ya Chillimum, almost all the signs. Gynae say D day should be soon. Next Mon after HL, would start my ML liao since got signs.

Hi Snowbelle,

I basically take a lot of fluids, be it the red date drink or soup or even water.. afterall, breastmilk is liquid..

I usually take a warm drink about half an hour before pumping.. even during the pumping, I'll have a glass of warm drink at hand.. Also, before pumping, I'll massage my breasts (hopefully, the milk will flow faster).. and I keep to the 3 hr interval pumping religiously.. (be it whether if I bf the kiddo in between).. of course, this is only applicable in the day when I have more energy.. At night, I just wake up every 3 hours to pump (cos' I've got a confinement lady to look after the kiddo).. and most importantly, don't stress yourself about the quantity.. I just keep telling myself as long as the kiddo gets some breastmilk is better than nothing.. My confinment lady has been supplementing FM.. For a while, I feel that FM is the staple and my breastmilk is the supplement! Oh, when I pump, I only pump 5 mins on each breast (2 sets).. only when I see milk still flowing easily after the 2nd set, I will start a 3rd set of 5 mins.. when I'm pumping one side, I will massage the other side (in the hope to ease the milk flow)..

I'll probably have to rethink about my pumping 'strategy' when my confinement lady leaves.. but that's 3 weeks later.. I'll poonder about it later.. haha

Just keep trying and not to give yourself too much stress over it.. I think our bodies are tuned to such a way that when the brain thinks that the breasts are empty.. it will send signal for more milk production to refill..

Now, I'm kinda stagnant at 60ml.. and my kiddo is feeding at 75ml.. but I'm still not gving up.. You keep trying and don't despair, ok?

Hi hi, may I ask if any of u experience cramps? My csection was on sun n these couple if days I'm having really bad cramps. How long wil it last?? Ouchy..

JThan, i was reading Mrs Wong Boh Boi's book the other day cos i was quite upset that there's no milk supply or very little, and i saw that it's not advisable to keep changing sides after a short feeding period. (That's what i was doing cos bb didn't want to latch so i switch left right left right). Cos the "type" of milk is different at each stage of the feeding. There's like fore milk and hind milk, each with different nutritional value. So if keep changing sides, or pump for short period, then the milk might be fore milk only, and this won't keep the bb full. The fat part of the milk is in the hind milk.

After reading that, I stopped switching sides, even if bb refuse to open her mouth, just need to be super patient and wait, and make sure bb at least suckle for 10 mins on each side before i switch. Now she can suckle like 20 mins each side.

Mommies,

Did you get into labour or contractions soon after losing your mucus plug??

Mine just came off...Now I am scared and home alone.... omg. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi BB Bao, did your gynae did any VE for u recently?. My mucus plug drop when my gynae did the VE. The texture and colour is how?

KTSC,

Yes, the gynae did a VE last week and this week too.

Two days ago, she stripped the membrane and I was dilated 3cm.

Caused quite a bit of brown discharge after that.

Just now, this gooey strip of thingy came out. It's a bit whitish, stained with some brownish blood?

Actually I'm quite relieved too, I hope it's this weekend... I'm scared now 'cos I'm home alone.

I was doing some squatting earlier, hoping to make something happen, haha..

You are still waiting too hur? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

jaundice :

help! any babies free of it?

how come u all taking wat raspberries tea before popping ar? help in wat way??

am trying grapes today for jaundice

bb-bao,my mucus plug is sticky n red,then sunday drop,monday my waterbag burst liao.It might be these few days le.juz monitor ur contraction,or if there is red spotting then u can call up ur gynae le.

BB Bao same here. Gynae did VE check on Mon and another one yesterday. Then last nite mucus plug drop. It's a bit whitish, stained with blood. Cos I got on and off pain. So gynae see me last nite. Dilation at 3.5 liao. But because the pain was not very 5 mins interval, I shall monitor and wait for these few days. Wait for waterbag burst and more intense contraction pain. Anytime for us now : )

hi nanabear,

my baby admitted hospital the day after discharged and we also rent the phototherapy machine for jaundice home for 3D2N to do the home treatment.

his level from 12.5 to 18.2

after stayed in hospital for 1.5 days drop to 11.2

3 days later, the level go up to 15.5 and 16.8 again.

now the level back to 9.2 (after the home treatment for 3D2N).

I am worry his jaundice level again... is grapes juice really help ?? what kind of grape juice u giving yr baby ???

Got 1 que. What brand of FM did u all give BB when supplement with EBM? I gave NAN for #1 recommeded by paediatrician. This time round I have not decide on which brand.

aloe : i dunno i trying nw.. ask the maid go buy grapes now..

hwvmuch bu rent the machine home? medisave claimable?

KTSC ya green grape juice..

Back