(2010/05) May 2010 mtb

Morning everyone!!

JThan, get your PD to check first and not to worry or feel depress or whatsoever. Your girl will still grow up strong and healthy, you just have to be careful. Take care!

Alina, most importantly just do what you think will make you and baby comfortable and happy! Don't care what others think, but must have safety check first la.

Sherry, yes, I think we appreciate things more, we also grumble and complain more, but if we were to take a step back and look at the situation sometimes it's actually not that bad.

Mrs N, I gave Thea steamed cut pear, she loves it but she tends to bite off a big piece and can't wait to swallow, she choked once and it actually scared the sh*t out of me. Is that the right way?

Lilstarz, very happy to see our babies eating right? Can't believe everything little thing about them can make us so happy.

Impulse, he could be choking? You know it's a natural reflex that if the food is blocking the airway we will make the gagging sound, I think he's still learning to swallow that's why. I don't think it's because of carrot.

Hi wanderleibe, I think will start my bb on Enfra. Y'day made a comparison between Enfra and Similac. Based on their nutrients, Enfra's DHA is much higher. Also Enfra is a little cheaper than Similac.

My milk ss is not very good to start with and when my #1 was hospitalised for 5 days, the ss dropped even further. So no motivation to continue too. That's y must start sourcing for FM now. She is turning 6 months in 2 weeks time.

Alina, my boy is almost 3 yo and he is also touching his penis too! I guess they have to go thru a phase. Hopefully will outgrow it soon!

Hi,

Edie, choking? hmm, what should i do now? Just continue giving but smaller bite? It's doesn't happen with avacodo, cereals or brown rice/porridge.

bbp, Enfa cheaper than Similac for stage 1, is it? Or it's stage 2 (6mth onwards)?

Hi morning mummies..just bk from holidays..

Chloemum: do tk good care ya..

wanderleibe: I already introduced fish to my boy when he 6mths..he likes it so much..now, he can eat a big bowl of porridge. Duno is good or not, so hv asked nanny to reduce to 1 meal instead of 2 meals per day.

Lucasmummy: I think we can save the cost on paperbag, just dump all the gifts inside the milk bag..

sue: will msg u my bank details once payment made out..thanks!

for those who need recipes, pls pm me..thanks!

Hi Impulse, its the stage 2. Now sure about stage 1. But just a small price difference only. Last time Enfra was more ex but Similac has been increasing the price. Now more ex!

Hi bbp, tks. baby now drinking enfra, most likely stick to it, moving to enfrapro later around 8mths or so. i always thot enfra more exp. but u are right about higher DHA.

No worries impulse. Just to check with you Enfrapro is for 6 months onwards rite? Don't mind me asking, any reason to start when yr bb is 8 months old?

Hi bbp, ya, enfapro for 6months on wards. actually i got too much stock for enfalac, planning to let my baby finished it before starting on enfapro. i calculate by the time he finished enfalac, he will be about 8mths old. Mead Johnson did shared with me that their milk powder overlap 6mths, so enfalac can feed till beyond 6months. anyway, it's stated on the tin can feed till 12months. =P

i see. I thot start at 8 months. If start at 8 months I in trouble. My BM cannot last so long. I plan to give her earlier some more. Mayve ablt 10 early.

Hi mummies...

Pinnky n Serene: Ok, we shall leave it in the milk bag... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Edie: I watched the video on YouTube, the mummies gave babies raw apples for BLW...

XMAS Party Meeting: Can we make it either on 24th Nov or 01 Dec? Evening from 6:30pm - targeted 9pm?

I thought of another way to do name tag, use cloth marker and write it on ribbons... and tie around on one side of the arms or do you all prefer around the head? haha.. Feasible? Good for baby also...

Mrs N: See you here when you are back in England. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Genice: She is older than your SIL. :s

Anybody wearing contact lens 1-day Acuvue Moist at -7.50 degree? I have 44pcs to let go. Done LASIK and thus contact lens not needed anymore. Selling at $40 for 44pcs. Price negotiable.

Please email [email protected] if interested. Thanks!

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/4757756.jpg]

Any mummies experiencing drop in milk intake after giving solid?

Krystal and Pinnky: How many hours later did you give milk to your bb after semi solid for lunch?

I have yet to start lunch. Intend to start next week and hoping to give the same number of milk feeds. Just thought lunch could make him too full and he may not be able to finish the milk.

Lucasmummy: cloth markers. i tried that before. i drew a t-shirt for a friend before. ermmm... the colors started running once soaked in water. haha... so i'm not sure if we wanna try that for babies since they have a thing for mouthing everything. otherwise, we will just let mummies decide where they want to tie the tags. let everyone get creative!

alternatively, we could just do tags for the parents and skip the bbs. haha... we could put on the tag the mummy's name and xxx mum. blue tags for boy's mummy, pink tags for ger's mummy.

meeting up: can't meet up earlier in the day? or u ladies not intending to visit the venue? i can't do 24th.

weaning: any other veggies other than pumpkin, carrot and sweet potato to try? i think Chloe going to turn orange soon. hahahahaha... i'm mixing whatever puree i make into her cereal.

My babysitter says not to feed too much fruit cos the prev bb she looked after, his mummy gave too much fruit until the bb got Asthma attack.

I'm trying not to give too much sweet food too, cos i scared Chloe develop sweet tooth, not sweet she don't want to eat. Maybe I try broccoli soon.

Chloemum:

I can do earlier in the day, I am just afraid of the other mummies who are working...

Shall we make it either on 1st or 2nd december if that's the case? Which day is more favorable? I am fine with either day. If earlier in the day, we can visit the venue and do some mental arrangement also. That will be good.

So funny when u mentioned chloe turning orange soon.. hehe.. hmmm.. I am also trying broccoli and carrot puree tomorrow. My mum told me too much fruits can cause phelgm. Can consider avocado for fruits, I just have that idea it's the least contribution to asthma as compared to others... :p

Hi mummies,

How much solid or cereal do you feed your babies?

is avocado totally green in the inside or with a slightly black in colour?

rumissing, avacado should be greenish towards the skin area and yellowish towards the seed area. Slightly black means have been cut for a while already. Like apple.

Hi lucasmummy, for my boy, not fix time. It really depends. Sometimes within 2 hrs, he will ask for milk. Like yesterday, I fed him 1 big bowl of porridge at 1pm and then only asked for milk at abt 6pm..maybe he was slept tat time.

meeting up: I only can confirm last min as depends on my hubby's work schedule. If he works late, then I need to pick up bb from nanny place.

edie -> blw, raw apples. cannot give steamed apples.

rumissing -> the one that i bght was totally green. but, not sure if thats the standard colour dho.

pinnky -> wat kind of fish did u intro? tot of introducing porridge to bb nxt mth.. heard cod fish is highly recommended but some fish is not good for babies e.g. catfish category? not sure... suddenly, feels like taking crash course on home ec lessons. learning names of fish and vegs.. lol.

chloemum -> peas and zucchini? looks horrible. but, zaidan loves them.

Avocado: The lighter green skin ones are unripe. If you happen to buy those, you must leave it outside at room temperature for 3-4 days. When it has ripen, it should be dark greenish brown and soft when your press.Cold Storage uncle told me one. ha..

Hi Alina, sorry I duno the fish name in english le..only know in hokkien :p haha..let me check with the fish monger this weekend n let u know ya..but tis fish is quite exp and very soft, nice to eat [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Lucasmummy, xiao cai is about 3-4 hours interval... Depending he took one whole bowl or half bowl... Look out for Bb waiting milk.. He will nei nei nei..

hi

i need some advise from those mommy who is feeding their bb FM.

I will be away in Dec for 1 week and during that time, my baby will need to drink FM. i want to know, how much water and how often he needs to drink..

thanks thanks

Lucasmummy: thanks for the info on Avocado. I was still thinking how to see a ripe avocado as I got 3 and now still there waiting for me to crack open :p

Hi mummies..I intend to rent a chalet at east coast..anyone can recommend? If possible, can fit for 20pax. Thanks!

Aloe, ur bb is 5mths now? Maybe u can try 6oz first (depends on wat fm ur bb taking) and if he no enough, then add in during next feed. For my boy, not fix yet, sometimes only 4oz or can up to 7oz..about 2-3hrs interval. sometimes 1.5hrs interval. So all bbs r different, really need to monitor.

Oh yea~ mummies I tried new porridge for xiao cai.. Instead of preparing soup base to cook the porridge.. I do it this wAy...

Use ikan bills to cook w water... To use as soup base for rice... Than add in beancurd n heng(1) cai... Chop up both beancurd n heng cai!!! Look not very nice.. But health n xiao cai like!!

thanks pinnky ..

my baby is 6mth+ already...

oh . 1 more question. so after he drinks FM, do i need to give him water?? as now he drinks EBM and i dun feed him water at all...

Lucasmummy, 24th sounds perfect for me. 1st and 2nd I'm not sure already cos still don't next month's schedule.

Maybe those who are not working meet earlier first to visit venue, those who are could meet for dinner cum 'Mummy on strike 2' chat session?

There's a drop in Thea's milk intake also.

Here's how her schedule is like now.

7am: 150mls

11am: 120 mls

12pm: Lunch(cereal + puree)

3pm: 150mls

4pm: Snacks(Fruits puree only/ biscuits)

5pm: Dinner ( Cereal + Puree)

6.10pm: 180 mls.

12mn: 120-150mls

Usually, her intake was 180mls then cut to 150mls, then lunch time became no appetite, so reduce somemore and the feed before bedtime usually was a whopping 250mls but now also reduce to 180mls only.

My PD wants me to start on porridge for dinner cos she said Thea only gained less than 400g in a month. But I thought of have to bring thermal pot out and everything sian man, so delaying the porridge, am trying BLW if can.

Lucasmummy/Alina: Thanks! I'll give her raw apples from now on.

Pinnky, East coast only have one chalet right? Instead of Downtown East had changed to GOldkist or something like that, should be able to feed 20, if you have govt svc friend I think Aloha Loyang is a better choice, very big and breezy.

Aloe, you can give him water in between feeds and after solids.

bbp: thanks for the link! Think I might try cauliflower first instead. or long beans. can't decide.

running out of non-orange vegg in the fridge. back to apple again for Chloe. hehe...

Just realised that Chloe might be allergic to the milk in Frisocrem. Took me so long to find out. Kept thinking that the reddish rashes on her neck were caused by heat, until the recent trip. After multiple days of testing, I sorta confirm that it could be the milk in frisocrem. So no more frisocrem for her. Until the Bellamy orders get delivered tomorrow, only nestle brown rice cereal for her. So far so good.

Back to the doc tmr! Hopefully everything is good. I so need to get out of the house. Need to go supermarket buy more vegs for Chloe! If still cannot go out, need to send hb to supermarket already. Poor hb, need to take care of Chloe while i'm down. Stopid pox! grrrrrrrrrrr....

Morning mummies..

Edie, thanks. Can I know whether aloha loyang near to the beach?

Aloe, just tat Edie said, u can give water in between feeds or after solid (must). Sometimes I will give after fm to rinse his mouth.

Hi Luckyone..glad to see u here..

my boy 7mths old yesterday [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]..time flies..

my poor boy fell down from bed this morning at 3am, cox his dad needs to work OT so I placed him beside me and blocked with pillow..but he stil can fall down wif the blockage..so heartpain, hope he is alrite..mummies, do I need to send him to pd for checking?

ChloeMum, for 6 months old baby can eat alot of food liao. Share with you my boy's menu for the week. He started since 5 months old.

Mon - Porridge, White Fish with Veg Soup, Carrot & Spanich Apple

Tue - Porridge, Tofu with Veg Soup, Potato & Cabbage Banana

Wed - Porridge, White Fish with Veg Soup, Tomato & Onion Pear

Vegetables Soup (Cabbage, Onion, Carrot & Potato)

Thu - Porridge, Egg Yolk with Veg Soup, Pumpkin & Califlower Apple

Fri - Porridge, Dried Young Sardines (Japanese one) with Veg Soup, White Carrot & Resembling Spinach(菜心) Banana

Sat - Porridge, Sweet Potato & Brocolli

Sun - Porridge, Chinese Cabbage (白菜) & Sweet Corn Pear

Vegtables Soup (White Carrot, Chinese Cabbage, Sweet Corn) Apple

Oh! Poor boy! You observe see he vomited or cried more often, you will need to send him to see doctor.

Yeap finally free to log in.

Yeap my boy schedule:

(FM - mixed 0-6 months 1 half spoons & 6-12 1 spoon)

7am++ - 200ml

10am++ - 200ml

12pm++ - solid food

2pm++ - 200ml

5pm++ - 200ml

7pm++ - fruit

10pm++ - 200ml (If he's awake)

2am++ or 3am++ or 4am++ - 200ml

Thu - Porridge, Egg Yolk with Veg Soup, Pumpkin & Califlower Apple

Fri - Porridge, Dried Young Sardines (Japanese one) with Veg Soup, White Carrot & Resembling Spinach(菜心) Banana

Sat - Porridge, Dried Young Sardines (Japanese one) with Veg Soup, Sweet Potato & Brocolli

Sun - Porridge, Egg Yolk with Veg Soup, Chinese Cabbage (白菜) & Sweet Corn Pear

Vegtables Soup (White Carrot, Chinese Cabbage, Sweet Corn) Apple

Luckyone, u r very good mum and hardworking..u really put on lot of effort (can see from the menu)..can i introduce onion to my boy? How many meal of porridge u feed per day? I only introduced my boy broccoli so far, the rest of vege like spinach, chinese cabbage, not dare to try out.

Thanks for ur advice..will observe and will bring him to see doc if needed.

Pinnky, I cooked and freeze it twice a week.

Yeap onion ok. So far, my boy was fine with these food (^^;) and he never waste my effort, finished all the food.

Spinach & chinese cabbage is good for baby, you may want to try now?

Yeap quite "siong" when cooking solid food cause 5 to 6 months, you will need to mash all the vegetables.

Pinnky, but hor, vegetables like broccoli, spinach hor, it's tastless so you can mixed with "sweet veg" like carrot, pumpkin or sweet potato.

ok..probably will try out the spinach tis weekend. Yes, I did mix with carrot & other stuffs..thanks ya [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

oh..the white cabbage is it the long type?

Wow luckyone... you very on leh... my boi only eat rice cereal now... n pumpkin puree twice a week...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

the spinach is just those veg we buy fr supermarket.. n steam n grind it?

thanks for the advise on when to feed him water ...

after reading through some of the past posting, i feel so bad as i have not really start solid for my boy..

he only eat 2 spoon of cereal for the pass week... and i am working full time... have to ask my MIL when he can start eating porridge.

maggie mee, yeap I got it from supermarket.

true, 1st I tried each vegetable for about 3 days (pumpkin, carrot, potato, sweet potato, cabbage, white carrot) then not problem, I mixed with others.

So far "touch wood" he ok with all the foods but only 1st time when I feed him dried young sardines (local one) accordingly to the teacher from IFC, he doesn't like it. So I bought the Japanese one now.

Luckyone, is not 雪鱼。Is called "ngaw he" in hokkien..Bbp mentioned is thread fin fish. Sea bass is exp too..but nice fish..hehe..

Back