(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

ruru cat,

yah. i know some school has a lower ratio. as long as they are happy in school, that is more important to me.

ajfamily,

i don't send them to enrichment class at all. only start my boy who is 4 on violin in june and that is his only enrichment.

so they have been nua-ing, play and play at home. i don't really read to them as well but have a bedtime routine of reading, play puzzle or whatever before bedtime. they will flip the book and read themselves. read here mean talking to themselves, creating story from the pics, not reading the real text from the book.

Hi Janet,

How old is your boy now? PD advised for him to go for DMSA Scan? My boy got uti at 5mth and went thru dmsa at 11 mth. Result was good so no need to go thru the painful MICU. Phew! How's your boy now?

Dear mummies,

I'm currently 37 weeks preg, n my older boy has been behaving very funny these few weeks. He will toss and turn in bed and make some noises like having nitemares and wake up at 6.30am and very cranky and go in and out of the bedroom n kitchen. Then he'll open the drawers, put the straws in the milk bottle which has water and drink water from there. He'll also place all the pillows in a circle around him and say "close the door". My sensing is he does not have a sense of security n only want me to bath, feed, make him sleep. He don't want my maid and hb.

I'm not sure if he's very stressed out cos there have been many changes in his life since mar 2012. I put him in a CC in mar and he was there a few days and sick for 3 weeks, so I pull him out temp. Then the maid who looks after him since birth left end Mar and only me and hb take care of him without a maid for more than a mth. He was sick in Apr often, as we have no maid, thus hv to push him into the CC. If he has fever, I will then hv no choice but to take urgent leave to care for him. HB can't take leave due to work. Very tiring for me as was already 4mths preg n slept at 1am daily.It was indeed very sad to see him cried loudly and prolonged every day in CC.

My 2nd maid came in May and my boy couldnt get use to yet another change and was cranky again. As she was fresh from Indon and with poor eng and attitude, I changed maid in late Jul. My boy got to adjust to 3rd maid. So 1st 4 weeks of each maid change, I'm the one who has to care for him personally as he dun want maid and HB.

Some people told me boy cranky nowadays could be due to he knows baby coming. Do you have such experience to share? My mum felt he's traumatized and said ought to bring him to see psychiatrist.

AJFamily

http://tamarindphonics.blogspot.sg/

read with them. best investment is your time & books.

some prefer library some prefer to buy books.

1) you can save $ on classes which u have to run around & fetch & dont spend time with them physically

2) you can physically spend time with them

3) you are building foundation for Pri 1 (not funny now a days even my not KS friend - the one who shared with me this blog - started to read to her kids even from 18 months already)

4) you can do this at home 15 mine per kid individual time for the readers & then together as you please story books.

i try not to get too much dvds are its as good as watching tv - too much tv dampens child's brains/creativity. i give tv still once a while when i want them to not bother me at night & i need to work from home. - its bad but sometimes no choice then i do this.

movenpick,

it could be true that he is cranky due to the new baby and he senses it. adjustment he has to make to school to maid and new siblings might be too much for him. be with him and always assure and tell him that you all will still love him and be with him.

even after the newborn has arrive, do give him max attention. don't want him to feel that new baby is taking everything and everyone from him. get him involved and give him 100% attention. slowly divert and let go again after he settle down with all the changes. its not easy but can be done.

unless something terrible happen to make him to change, then maybe you want to consider outside help. you know your child better to access and decide what is best for him.

FYI, my boy do behave differently once i entered into 3rd trim previously. he woke up for milk at 3am daily which he had stop since 5 months. he only wants me and nobody where he used to stick to papa and don't want me. after mei mei is born, he refuse to let papa carry or touch mei mei. can only carry him. so poor hubby didn't get to carry baby during the whole confinement month whenever my boy is around. we 'listen' to my boy and give him all the attention till he is more open and accept mei mei. i also bought a toy to hospital with me for him. when he come and visit, i tell him the present is from baby.

I think there are many ups and downs when coming to CC. Agree with Celyn that we cannot be changing school every now and then unless something major happens (e.g the fire accident in one of the CC!!!)

J class used to have only about 10 kids and they have like 2.5 teachers (0.5 because the chinese teacher teaches K1 in the morning and help to look after the Pre-N2 in the afternoon) so it is like 1:3, very impressive ratio isn't it? I really love that period because I can tell that J get alot of attention from his teacher. Then in June, the class size increase to 16 but number of teachers remained, so it became 1:6.

Previously when ratio was good, J gets his morning milk everyday without fail but after the ratio increase, the teachers sometimes forget to give him his morning milk though she tells me he had some bfast from the school. I starts to get annoyed but well, I cannot expect too much also. I'm handling 1 child and I'm almost going crazy I cannot imagine that they have to manage so many toddlers.

Learning to close 1 eye is really an essential when coming to Childcare. Sigh.. If only I can be SAHM ;)

moevnpick

just try to spend more time with him - quality time. i know its hard cos u feel tired most of the time - but this will help.

i am against psychiatrist as this is a common thing with most kids. but you must know how to manage when he reacts negatively.

usually we will tell #1 of #2 how brave they are they going to be kor kor big already - its all praise on the elder child to build his confidence slowly to accept the #2.

be sure to still spend time with him so that he knows that he still has taht special place in your heart. kids will only feel confident this way.

talking positively to him - hope your mum or maid is not saying things like "mummy got mei mei dont want you liao" if i ever hear this from my MIL or maid i will correct them immediately. Thankfully my MIL doesnt but my maid - does talk SHIT some times - making the child cry more than necessary - i found out. (cos the child cry then she has to walk the child to school later & she can then go her friend's house & chat with her friend! - all their agendas)

so to summarise - this is common to behave this way - how you handle it will make a difference. if you give in & keep making milk at night - it will become a habit again. offer water instead perhaps? & for daddy to try to take over alternate during the nights if #1 wakes for milk.

after i popped my #2 - cos i think its crazy to bring babies out anyway & they dont know mah - i kept didi at home most of the time & bring #1 out only - she will get 100% attention from me & daddy most of the time.

then when i am home - i need to attend to didi & pump milk - she is ok & happy & spends time with daddy & my inlaws instead.

TOY FROM #1 or elder child WORKS so as long as its really something they like!

i bot 2 gifts 1st one i forgot what it was but cos didnt wrap & she wasnt really interested in it -it didnt make an impact.

2nd present was RED CROCS with DORA Jibits WAH she Loved it so much & we keep reminding her wah its from didi!

no matter how much we prepared her for #2 she still had her siao moments its normal - didnt even want to touch me in hosp the day after i delivered - angry i didnt come home the night before (i have not left my kids before - not even for holidays - everynight since their birth except for jie jie had 2 nights wo me)

super sticky as well since both breast fed.

Afternoon all,

Super Bo Eng, my son got hfmd n today fever starts, suddenly cough so badly.. all these come bk again..

maid came yesterday, she wood block lei. So I'm trying to do up a timetable for her. Anyone have one to share for easy modification..

I got one from my fren but not so suitable I got stuck don't know how to edit cos I need to insert a toddler needs eg bathing, packing of sch bag, lunch, dinner etc...

This maid don't know how to make milk n she is a mother of four at her current age of 30.. all breastfeeding nv buy formula milk.

wah, quiet quiet then suddenly exploded

ruru: i don't even know what is my girl teacher to student ratio... as long as she is happy, can already. agree with celyn that turnover in most CC very high. teachers come and go, i find, esp the locals! my girl local teachers also keep changing, its the china teachers that stay long long. so i just stick to one school, teachers change at least the place and classmates are the same. also convenience matters alot. if change already, end up go further and not much better, its super dui one.

AJFamily: so far we are not into enrichment classes tho thinking of yamaha music class just for some exposure to other teachers and other kids. plus the music la. but think of every weekend one class also super lazy... we just borrow books from the library to read at night before bedtime. those she like, i will borrow again and again. those she don't like i don't feel bad that buy already then don't like.

movenpick: hugs... just be prepared when baby comes it may get worse. we didn't punish at all, just a lot of TLC and attention, when didi came. whatever or whoever she want we just give in for the first few weeks. even now didi 7+ months, she will still decide who carry didi and who carry her. she copy queen. didi cry she also cry. didi lie down wear diaper she also must. she also squeeze into didi's super small bathtub to bathe. pulled off his mittens to wear. now, she's putting stuff in her mouth like him. didi flip and i clap, she also flip and ask me to clap.... just to give u an idea. first few weeks, she kept waking up to cry. first day came to hospital to see me and didi, she refused to look at me or touch me. but it can only get better, now we are quite used to stuff. all the best!

chips: hugs... well at least you can be home next few days to look after boy and supervise maid.

chips

doesnt mean mother of 3 or 5 will be good mother.

even diff families in SG also brought up different. you have to teach still - cannot skip this one - teach the way you like.

maddie

you know my didi hor mimic jie jie tease her when she cry. he make funny old lady crying sounds tease the jie jie ^ jie jie cry even more! lolz~!

i LOL ^& LOL & jie jie cried like SIAO!

morning Ladies!!

HJ & my other friend in Australia - i am am treated with an eye feast everyday with photos of their meals!

Thanks Maddie and Vic ma for your advise and consoling words.

My boy still doesn't like CC and wonder why mummy puts him there. We put him in CC in Mar as the maid needs to care for the newborn and can't cope with an active toddler at the same time. After sometime, he didn't cry when we send him to CC in the morning, however these past 3 days, he was crying when we send him in. According to the teacher, he will cry halfway during lessons these few days too. Just 2 days ago, his classmate scratched him on the forehead. Last mth, his classmate bit his hand on 2 consecutive days. My poor baby, get bullied in school.

Am guilty towards my boy cos he kenna UTI when just 5 mths old. Very traumatic as he was poked via IV drip, couldn't find the blood vessel, poked the other hand, couldn't find, poked the leg. Midnite, the IV drip dropped, poked the hand again. The nurse also forced a long tube thru his penis to his bladder to get urine sample as he can't pass urine upon request (stil young) and no appetite to drink water/milk. How loud and badly he cried. If not for my age, 36 yr old this year, would have delayed conceiving the 2nd baby and giving him more attention.

elo mummies!!!

chips...dun worry too much ..let yr maid learn to manage yr boy slowly bah & of course vice versa.

vic-ma..im also drooling over the aussie pics! ...Shld hv packed myself together with the luggage when they both checked in!!

he show her around conduct orientation to her.

when she scoop rice from the rice cooker, my son said 'enough' hahaa...

she 'good luck' hardworking woke up 4 am mop floor. but woodblock again hahaa...

Thanks Mummies...

So now... I shld not worry too much on the enrichment and concentrate more of my time spent with them. I will try to buck up on my reading and step into the library after so many years of not going there and nv once borrowed any book. I'm not into books!! ~.~"

Can you help me again? Advise on the books that I should look out for or start with?

Vic ma: What do your kids do at night when there's no tv? My boy will request for tv after his meals. and becoz I'm not back home yet, my mum will let him watch and it has becum a habit where I can't control. By the time I'm home, i will start preparing them for their bedtime aly. And I realise both my kids actually learn quite alot from the interactive cartoon programs. They will follow instructions and answer questions from there...

Movenpick: don't worry so much... kids will adapt very quickly and in no time you will be surprise that your #1 will be back to norm. it happened to me also. Cheers.

Hi mommies,

Thanks for all the feedback.i think the general consensus is for my gal to continue with the current cc. I just called the executive in charge of the cc to ask her when exactly will the school hires new teacher and was glad to hear that 2 new teachers will be reporting for work next Monday.

The executive shared with me that it is extremely hard to find cc teachers nowadays. During the interview, the young inexperienced teachers will say yes to all the requirements expected of them then never turn up for work on the 1st day and don't pick up the call. She told me that although she hires 2 teachers, whether they turn up for work is 1 thing. After they turn up for work, whether can stay long is another thing. I am keeping my fingers crossed!!!

Hi Chips,

4am wakes up!!! She is very hardworking. Woodblock w positive work attitude can train.

Hope your son recovers fast!

Ruru,

Same thoughts. woodblock is better than act smart.

She got a 'happy face' so see liao still not so boiling in heart when she woodblock.

I done with my list of daily routine / checklist for her.

Hope she can read english

AJFamily

If TV is not something that MUST hv at night, my boy flips thru his books, plays with his trains etc ..Only when we watch Tv, he will sit dwn with us n watch for a while if it interests him.

Chips,

I agree with ruru...wood block with ++ attitude is good for trg ..way better than a street smart maid who always geh kiang.

afternoon all!

ILs are here. Mr C brought C1 and them to JB for grocery shopping, so i m home alone. working of course, but at least i m alone. the whole game plan is to have the ILs out of my hair as much as possible. look, i m grateful that they are here so that Mr C and I can spend 5 WHOLE DAYs w/o the boys in HK, but hey they do take up space - mental and physical in my small home. suddenly i feel i have little speace to move around my own home. i m very mean and very contradictory la.

movenpick,

hugs.... you will survive, and little boy will enjoy being a kor kor. dun worry abt the age gap, later they will grow up to be very close.

when i was pregnant w C2, C1 clung to me during third tri. no one else can touch him or bathe him or change him, only mama. how i passed through the phase w/o going mad - as much as possible, i reassured and hugged him then slowly during confinement, he got to be kor kor and help me bring diaper, bring lotion for didi. plus divert his attention.

... and my uncle's best tongue-in-cheek advice, all else fails, get him a pet [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] then he will be naturally distracted.

ajfamily,

what do you like to do? do it with your children.

if you dun like reading, dun force. just 5mins of reading will do. bring them to parks or playgrounds (i prefer outdoor playground) bcz i find that being in nature calms ME, and helps the boys expend their energy running around before sleep

chips, rurucat,

having experiencing both the act smart and woodblock maid, i def positively agree that woodblock maid is better.

changing cc

i try to take most things in my stride... hey i din even raise my voice when C1's hand was cut by glass in the learning corner (maybe ~ a year ago? my memory is like a sieve now), they used the ikea glass spice containers to teach a math concept. win already rite. i simply asked what happened, the teacher apologised for using glass material at the N1 level, and that's that. dun suka suka change... and ask abt teacher turnover and the tone at the top (observe the principal and the adminstrators... are they happy to be talking to you? are they profnal in their tone/conduct? etc etc) so this is groundwork. once you do your groundwork and things change, why then, by all means, change your decision. BUT rem to stick to one cc for a while.... give the CC and the child a chance to adapt to each other.

oh ya movenpick....

as for having babies later than 35 and stressing abt conginental (alamak, spelling error!!!) defects.... my take is if you feel ready and you are generally healthy, then go for it... no need to stress abt mommy's age.

enjoy your pregnancy. the 2 will get used to each other... eventually

i mean... i moan and gripe that my ears are suffering when the boys start arguing (my line in the sand is absolutely no loud voices in the car when mama is driving, o/wise i stop at the side of the road and read my magazines until they stop) but sometimes they are so sweet to each other. aww. sometimes!!!

orangey,

wahhahhha. no SAHM for me... within a week, either my boys or myself or Mr C will come to bodily harm at my hands :p

like i told my MIL, i dunno how to do anything around the house one de, that's not how i was raised, i only know how to earn money....

one time when she was nagging me abt learning to cook a special recipe that Mr C particularly likes wor.

movenpick,

don't have to be guilty. its not you to cause him to have uti. mine was at 2 months, then i think i need to be shot dead leh.

maddie,

yes, cc turnover rate is high. not easy to get qualify teachers.

chips

any blender will do, this is quite a good price if its convenient to pick up.

i use my grains grinder to make smoothies for the kids.

as long as separate no raw meat blended - can use for smoothie.

Kenwood will set you back at least $40-50 minimum. but its a more common brand. esp if it can do more than just smoothies - worth abit more too.

you can make ice cream pops with smoothies - dont add water, pear, apple no skin no core with strawberries or blueberries & a little yogurt, get one of those ice cream making plastic ware $10 i saw in baby or kids shops - non stop supply of ice cream at home kekek!

coffee

i like your

i only know how to make $$.

if only we can tell our mils, dont worry we dont know how to cook for our hb's their fav dish is fine.

we can please them otherwise. "and dont ask me what it is"

Hi Vic Ma and Cellow,

In my FIL's eyes, I am useless as I don't take good care of his son and let him fall ill. My health is worthless as he doesn't ask about me even when I was preggie. V upsetting but kinda used to it as long as we don't stay together.

Good morning all!

Ruru / cellow - let's just say that in the eyes of any parents, their own child's needs, health, etc supersedes any others. And nobody is ever good enough for them. So one ear in and one ear out. hopefully when it comes to our turns, we know what to do as a good in law.

morning mummies

yesterday, the kids had their first experience of black out. they are having fun playing in darkness with minimum lights from 4 small birthday candles. its past bedtime but they are not in bed due to no fan, too hot.

Celyn

That sounds fun! Glad that you've turned an unpleasant incident into something fun for the kids! Mantra to myself - look at things from another angle and seize the opportunity to learn, educate and have fun.

Movenpick: My #1 and #2 age gap only 18mths

Bought a toy to give kor kor from meimei... and he was happy with it...

that time he was still to young to understand what was the ball i was carrying, he was really treating it as a ball... and i will play with him with the "ball" he was so happy, but i will still tell him its meimei...

Give ur boy more attention, i think it iwll improve as too much things happen at 1 go and frequent sick thus he is not in a good mood and not yet adapted ...

when my #2 was born, my son will beat his sis once no one guarding... and he is super jealous, his sis cant use his items, we have to change all to pink for sis and blue for korkor ...

and i gave 1 to 1 attention to him, i can't carry meimei, he will be jealous, so i have to outsource my gal to my ah ma almost full time and that time my maid was helping (but she told me she dun know how to care for baby ! alamak)

and then i started to put my #1 into CC, was worried he wasn't able to adapt, but as he adapt quite well, as his favourite is PLAY... so it works well for him.

same as what a mummy had suggested before, we will bring only my son out and leave baby at home... so he will be enjoying time with daddy and mummy only...

and slowly, till now my gal is 8mths old, my son still beat my gal sometimes but not so often anymore and he will even sayang her when he is in a good mood...

I have a friend, also 18mths apart for 2 kids, she had a full time job which is hard to take off... she instruct the maid is she face a situation where both #1 and #2 need attention, give attention to #1 first, he is the piority .

Its seem a bit cruel... but she said that coz #2 still dun know how to be jealous, and by giving #1 attention first, #1 will have not have a feeling of being unwanted.

dawn,

yes. mine is 20 months apart. i had to pull him out of comfort zone with babysitter and put him in cc at 18 months. he is very close to babysitter. cut him off totally from babysitter while he adapt to cc life.

i change him to his toddler bed at 15 months and leave the cot empty in another room. cos i need to cot for #2 but at the same time, i don't want to wait till #2 is born. don't want to create the impression of #2 is taking all his things.

same thing, then 2 are around. give him the priority of attention and leave #2 crying if need be.

ruru

durrrr????????????

his son is an adult? you have to kids to worry about?

hopefully his son chips in else shame on him for poor upbringing?

What i really cannot stand with the men is they dont SEE that if they fall sick they cannot CHIP in caring for the kids.

not to make it sound like a chore - but maybe we women make it sound like a chore - if we are maybe we must change the "presentation" & nag less & make it appear more fun to have family time together? - lets explore to get daddy to voluntarily roped in.

I have a friend whose hb doesnt care.

weekends are his PERSONAL time. he wants nothing much to do with his son. my friend to me sounds like a single parent.

married & wants his person space weekly -HELLO!!!

what is going on? should not marry then!

coffee,

By the time, I'm hm it will be like 8pm and my mum dun approve of playground after sunset. They will be like running around the hse, playing and they will not allow us to switch off the tv. If we do that either 1 will start the big hoo-ha of crying!! So my mum usually give in to them so that they will not cry too much before bedtime.

My #1 and #2 age gap only 12months apart. #2 was an accident (Opps...)

Looking after them is not easy. Not like what my elders always say... Gd that they are not so far apart becoz they will be growing up together so easier to teach. I don't agree to that at all.

When #2 arrive, #1 cannot even walk yet. Though only 1yr, he seems to know of meimei and will always stick to meimei like superglue. He seems to know how to gain our attention.

Now 3yr and 2yr... Asking them to share, NO is what I get from them. Whenever comes to buying thing for them, we always have to get it in pairs and have to be the same pattern otherwise they will start fighting and snatching...

At times, it's a joy to see them comforting, patting each other when the other cries but that will happen less than 5mins. and the next moment they start their wars again.

I'm lucky that my mum is there for me otherwise I think I will go crazy and start throwing tantrums like them!!

vic ma,

Actually I'm very much like your friend. My hb couldn't care much too... (initially)

Everyday home after 12mn and Sunday sleep his way thru the day... Usually is only me and my maid to bring them out. And the best thing is we can't use his car. His car is even more precious than his kids.

I can't blame him becoz I chose him and he was already like that for the past 10yrs we were together. Well... I always carry a hope that he will change after our #1 arrive... and continuing hoping when #2 came...

And it finally came true abt 2months back. He suddenly told me "The kids are growing up. I need to spend more time with them aly" He starts to come home early after work before their bedtime, Saturday no more happy hrs untill the wee hrs and Sunday get up early...

Our visit back to IL place have become more frequent. From like 3-4mths once, to once a month and now a weekly affair.

So now I'm hoping all this will last!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ajfamily,

previously, i always have to nag and nag for my 2 to share whatever. then i give up and started telling them, whatever it is if they are not sharing, that belongs to mummy. no amount of crying will help in getting it back. after many round of testing me, now they know and started sharing when i say share.

ajfamily,

heng ah... got your mom! mothers are the best-est! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] and hooray for your HB's awakening [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

get home only at 8pm seems to be the norm.... in fact earlier than the norm!!

once i had C1 however, i networked internally into a job with global resptys that allowed me to work from home. it is not luck, it is planning, and proving my worth to my employer for the 4 years that i was with them beforehand. any job they throw me when i was childless, i do. but that needs to stop when my children are young. moral of my story is choose your boss/employer and work like mad once kids are born to negotiate family-frenly work practices.

my ex boss was English, based in UK. my curr boss is Turkish based in Istanbul. they dun care what hours i work as long as i finish the job. flexi work is still full time work. when i hv a work deadline, once i wake up at 630am, my laptop is on, switch off for the morning breakfast and ferrying Mr C and kids around, come back to work till 5pm (latest 6pm), log off until 830pm to bring them to playground / eat dinner / read / watch TV [this one, i do consciously on days i hv no energy or am sick] when Mr C and maid takes over the bedtime routine, and continue until 9-10pm. i need another 2h to wind down so i sleep around 11-12midnight.

when i do not have work deadlines, things are more relaxed naturally.

this is one example of the disciplined life of a FTWM who wants both a home and a career.

it is akin to training for marathons, but sad to say, "i m a mother of young children" and "i run marathons" do not carry the same cachet within the work environment....

chlosper,

i dunno, i think i will be a terrible MIL! more like i know i did it darling weakling DIL, so why can't you..... :p

ah well, we will see. maybe push both of them to be priests. wahhahhaha. at least dun have to deal w DIL nonsense.

Hi Vic Ma,

EXACTLY!!!! I have to look after the 2 children and my health also suffered, no words of concern from him nevermind but hello... Ask me why his son slimmed down so much and kept coughing.

Once I got so mad, I told him his son is like that because he is a good husband and good father who shares the workload with me. He diam for awhile, then continues to ask stupid questions. Oh well... Nowsadays I just treat his words as ear-side wind.

RURU

haha.

loads of ear wax to clear lolz!

sometimes kids cry FIL will ask what happened.

i am like - you are also present when the kid cry - your guess is as good as mine! i just ignore him! (kids play sometimes fight sure got cry one mah!)

sometimes i find FILs dont know how to communicate with their DILs so what we hear will usuall be gobbledegook!

cannot understand one. sometimes i find old people talk cos they need to -sometimes intentions come out weird. & most of the time - what they say sounds so bad u wonder - maybe their mouth itchy. dont say will die or what lor.

good to be deaf.

sometimes i feel so tired at home.

i feel like i need a break & want to run away.

replenish grocery, toothpaste, teats for the milk bottles, water bottle old must change new one.

i liked it better when i just had to remmeber to buy cotton formyself for toner purposes& makeup & skincare only for myself. My special toilet paper once a while for the stressed arse - nice grocery when i like,

now everything is budget & think a few times before i can act.

does #1 have her snacks? does #2 have enough nap? wake up in the middle of the night check the kids when they are not well. COver them with blankets before we sleep - make sure th AC is not too cold or directed at them.

wake earlier for them so that i have feed them.

but despite the loss of the carefree days - I am still a happy mommy.

one "mamee mamee" one hug, one impish smile from the kids. i am at peace again

On topic of mil and fil .. I really need a break from them and am so glad I'm in Sydney now and taking a break... I am really considering full day cc for todS next year ..

Hb sis just gave birth ... TodS fell v sick 4 days before the trip so I took him off sch and told them to keep him at home. They brought hi, to the mall to help hb sis buy diapers?!! And went shopping for like 2 hours.. I must reiterate that hb sis stays with her IL and have her hubby ard too .. Yet need my IL to buy diaper for her? So I wasn't happy and told them again to pls stay home cos I only had 4 days to "heal" my boy ..

So on national day holiday .. I had to bring my boy out to get my gps maps.. My maid told my in laws "go orchard" .. They didn't even ask me and told us not to take them for granted .. I was like so so angry seriously .. Cos they didn't even know I went the day before to try get the maps but they refused to give me cos it's under my hubby name ... And if they really don't want us to bring him out they can come over to help? But they never did ... And still say we take them for granted?

I'm v upset cos I was actually unwell (same sickness as todS) yet I as a ftwm had to run al the errands and get lectured ... Till today I haven't spoken to them ... Cos I'm too upset to reconcile things ...I tot we were nice enuff to take a 10 days holiday so they can go "help" their daughter but they still expected me to give in beyond the health of my son .. Who had 2 high fevers in a span of 2 weeks ..

Sigh .. I also wish I can have a break and run away ...

Sorry for ranting!! N thanks for listening!!

HJ,

Hugs!

Dun understand why the maid went to orchard by herself n your ILs allow, but nvm... Enjoy the holiday! Dun care abt the ILs... Most impt is hb must b on your side.

Rurucat,

Lol on clearing ear wax! I think FILs dun really know what to say to DILs, so they just say the first thing on their minds... Which is normally about their son or grandchild.

Vic... Ya lor, the only reason for tahan this v disciplined life is the joy in our children.

Cellow - I think Hj meant that the inlaw were unhappy at being told by the helper that mother and child went "shopping".

Hj - sayang sayang. It's always tough staying with in laws. Thank goodness for this forum to rant.

Back