(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

i feel tht just becos i eat fast doesnt mean i have to be like the maid all the time right?

i dread going out to eat with didi lor now a days.

Vic-ma. Just take it as a compliment that we ladies are much more efficient and skilful compared to the men. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] does didi behave differently without them around? Just a thought. They know whom they can bully.

vic ma

same I can pretend nv see nv hear... so he also cant get anything from mi...

wil beat my mum, maid if they dont giv him wat he wan

I'm also slowly becoming the evil "mummy". No wonder the boy prefers Godma now instead of me during Sunday lunch these days. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

At gardens by the bay. Waiting in line to apply for the annual pass.

Horrible queue for day tickets. Much shorter for annual pass but there's stil 6 in front!

Chlosper

its good to let go - you can rest & think of #2, if not - you will be so tired out & #1 will be so cranky too when u eventually do have #2 - you will be SO zonked out.

Ruru - queue is long when we arrived. At least 1 hour for day passes (around 11am). Was shorter when we walked past around 1pm. Annual pass is 68 for individual and 18x for family. Free for kids below 3.

Be prepared for bad weather. Always bring an umbrella along just in case. The place is extremely stroller/wheelchair friendly, so don't worry. Bring in the biggies! There's ample space to wheel them.

Although its sheltered from the carpark to conservatories, I feel that the shelter is useless during heavy downpour. Imagine those narrow and tall shelters covering overhead bridge. I was expecting carpark to be linked directly.

Ticketing can be a nightmare in the mornings. Perhaps it's still a novelty, the queues were long for day passes (probably

1 hour) given the length. We decided to buy annual passes instead since it was shorter.

If given a choice, I'll choose the cloud dome over the flower dome. There is a massive waterfall at the entrance which is quite dramatic. My boy woke up from his sleep the moment we entered. Although he felt back into slumberland soon after. Once inside, we took the lift to level 7 (entrance at level 3) and descended via the walkway. It was fun! Cool weather with sunlight pouring in. I felt as though I was in Europe or Australia. Take time to read the little nuggets of information and admire the works of art.

The flower dome is a little disappointing. Quite short walk, though there were flowers everywhere. Great for photos if you are an enthusiast. Not much for the kids to do. Haha.

OCBC skywalk. It's on its own with the super trees and not sheltered at all. It may be closed due to bad weather. It's a one way treetop walk from one super tree to another. The view up there is great and it's breezy too. Honestly I didn't feel the sun nor heat although it was noon. Maybe I was lucky with the clouds above. However, I feel it's no worth paying $5 for that (free with annual pass though). The walk in the cloud dome is similar, if not better.

Foodwise - most of the food is concentrated at the visitor centre, specially the part facing the OCBC skywalk. We tried verandah. Good local food although the coffee can be improved.

Overall it's a nice place to bring the kids. Lots of open space. If its hot or weather is bad, there's always the cool conservatories to go to. That said - lots of open space means prone to rain. Be prepared.

chlosper....weekday & the q are also 1 hour long to clear??? ...hehe...hot place to go now lah.

Cloud dome....need to pay mah???

Im v tempted to bring my boy to go look see but thinking of the crowds, i give up again wor.

If you go in the afternoon, the ticketing queue is shorter. The place is not crowded. Just that counter service is very inefficient. The domes and skywalk are not free, but the rest of the park is. It's the dome that is the main attraction though.

Or wait for a few more weeks and the crowds would die down or they'll improve the ticketing.

What is a p a?

Only 3 items are not free - flower dome, cloud dome and OCBC skywalk. The rest of the gardens are public and free. Unfortunately the main features are the domes aka conservatories. Otherwise I think I'll prefer botanic gardens.

However I heard its very beautiful at night (including the public areas). Will update again. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Re entry for the domes aka conservatories is allowed within the same day. Just get a stamp at the exit of each dome. Its good to take a break, have lunch and soak in some humidity and finally back to nice cool 24C.

Carpark's not crowded. I don't feel any crowds except at ticketing counter. They are probably inefficient or people have too many queries. I heard from a friend there's no queue before 10am. That's for weekday. Not sure about weekends. But I can imagine crowds when there's concerts, events, etc.

Do drive and park at the basement carpark.

Hi mommies,

Encouraged by ming's feedback on her successful toilet training, I decided to put my feet down and try the cold turkey method on my gal - I took her out of diapers once she wakes up in the morning and once she comes home from full-day cc. 1st few days of training was bad, many accidents and need LOTS of bribery (sweets/biscuits) to entice her to sit on the potty at regular intervals. But after a few days she finally got it.

Now my next question to mommies - when do I move on to her using the big toilet (put the small cover over it)?

Hi Celyn and mommies,

Ask u all hor, how long does it take for our darlings to control their bladder and bowel? Now my gal is in a 'when u have to go, u have to go' stage.

Hi Ming,

Thanks, 1st few days were very intense, never step out of the house in the evening and all family members helped. Phew!!!

didi will start full day CC next yr - i shall wait for the teachers to toilet train for me. & will tell maid now she can start to diaper off on & off - i will go find my training pants see if they are small enough for him to wear (jie jie's)

ruru cat,

it depends on individual kids. yu ze can lun lun till finally buay tahan then say. so must quickly run. for a start, maybe you can try to ask them every 30 mins or 1 hour, also depends on how much water they drink.

i manage to get him off afternoon nap diaper quite fast with some accident.

i get cc to toilet train him, once he is ok then i start at home. so he is diaper free in cc but with diaper at home. :p

vic ma,

yu xi is wearing training pants like normal shorts with diaper inside. hahaha.... keep forgetting to ask teacher if she is ready for toilet train.

Talking about toilet training, is it true that they must be toilet trained when entering nursery next year?

I think I'll have to ask my helper to start next month. We tried recently but he refused to remove his diaper. And when we finally did it, there were some accidents. Hahaha. Back to diapers the next day! Consolation was he told helper to remove diaper for pee pee that day! One off though. Sigh.

Chosper

next yr is PG2 - my CC insist PG2 diaper free - if u come with diaper -they will take it off to train the kid.

if its few hrs school - they might not help to train as just a few hours & most parents will expect lessons to be taught instead so i dont think they have have toilet training on the top of their list.

if its a half day school you might want to ask if they do toilet training.

toilet training sure have accidents - its consistency. starting then going back to diapers will confuse the child. but if he is not ready he is not ready - but only you can tell if he is or not

Vic ma - hmm. In that case I don't think the school will teach. It's only 3 hours. Will have to leave it to the helper. With me around, things are regressing instead of progressing. Hopefully things will go back to normal once I'm back at work. Sigh. As for whether he's ready, actually I feel he is. Except that I'm around, he's super needy and clingy. Everything from reading a book, "cooking", to fixing his trains - it's all

Mummy mummy mummy.

Hi Closper,

Yes, certain schools such as chiltern house requests your child to be toilet-trained when he/she starts N1 class.

Accidents r expected during the 1st 2-3 days of training. Buy lots of elastic band shorts so that it is faster/easier during the crucial point. I didnt use disposable training pants as my gal equates it to diaper and just happily pee in it.

importantly we must still encourage him to continue & praise when praise is needed & dont b overly hash when there are accidents - in the case of toilet training u might want to just clean up ignore & say next time i am sure u can do better.

well

i brought my 2.5 yr old overseas with diapers still - pull up pants for the day & nearly 1/3 of my luggage was her diapers.

even night training which is supposed to be more than 6 months of successful day diaper free then can start - will also have accidents.

speaking of which i made my hb buy me a branded eye cream for the nights i kept waking up to bring #1 to pee 1-2 times a night.

morning mummies

vic ma,

hahaha.... that's a good one. it will be me buying him a good eye cream cos he is the waking up in the night.

Chlosper: Got to be consistent when toilet training. Put C on the potty every half an hour to one hour until he gets the idea. And definitely go diaper less completely once you decide to start (except for sleeping time). We went through 3 potties before E deemed one to be acceptable. We had a "potty princess" book where everytime she goes successfully in the potty, she gets a sticker and with 10 stickers she gets to pick a small present (like a story book or something). Good luck!

Vic ma - just charge it to his card! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Celyn - agreed totally with vic ma! Although I think my hubby has this evil plot to make me fat with all the snacks he's bringing back. Luckily having a sore gum these days is keeping me "slim".

I just bot face shop de puff eye gel.

i went in immed they show me the S$58+ higher end night cream buay tahan - i dont want cream - at most i take lotion cos i will get milia seeds - shit i look so tired & aged to them??

so i said GEL cos i will get oil clots. this is my day eye cream - the depuff raspberry something roots one from face shop. dunno how its is.

i have a CD one for the night & just finished a beautician brand one for the day/night.

i want to look less tired !!!!!!!

going to start tea bags soon.

i was at watsons today & this staff was telling me not to recite my NRIC aloud if there is a queue for watsons card points purposes.

he said that there was a case someone memorised another person's NRIC number & used up all their points.

I suggested that perhaps Watsons should demand to see the NRIC before they allow withdrawal of points instead too.

Vic ma

Thanks for your advise.

First time in the forum and i have problem finding the thread that i have posted. Took me a long time to find this thread!!! Ya....i am not IT savvy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

My daughter is taking fish oil everyday now, will see for a while whether she will be stronger.

I was at Guardian today and they selling 2 big bottles of cetaphil body wash for $54, and free one small bottle!! Think promo will end by 16th Jul.....those interested pls head down to guardian early. My daughter uses cetaphil wash, find it very expensive, any other recommendation for cheaper and good one??

Hi mummies,

Sorry for interruption.

Anyone kids attending Sunflower child care?

I have 2 sets of uniform and 2sets of pe attire to sell...

Pls pm me for more info.

All brand new.

Thank you.

morning mummies

vic ma,

on sat, yu ze request to buy the ribena sweet. i say ok and bought a pack for both to share. guess what, they take out the sweet from their mouth within 2 seconds and return it to me and say don't want. so that pack of sweet is lying in the fridge now waiting for me to finish it.

i don't know how i can make them take any supplements.

piglet08,

powder form put in where? i ever try colostrum powder. don't know its coincident or what, he will fall sick whenever i add it into his milk. once i stop, he is fine.

Celyn,

I don't mix the colostrum powder with milk. I just mix some water then use syringe and feed YH. Even for DHA, I also give 2.5ml on alt days using syringe.

I give her NATURE's Farm Yummi Bears too.

Maybe u can try and play with them then trick them into taking the supplements?

Back