(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

HI mummies, i MIA quite long... very bz... my boy started CC in feb, from there sick till now... last week whole week high fever 39.5... went kk twice...

1st time tell me viral infection (expected last 5-7days)

2nd time(went on 5th day of fever) tell me bacterial infection and gave antibiotics....

and fever stopped on 7th day with roseola... so its viral infection... and i started antibiotics for nothing zzz dun know can stop ma...

POtty training: i am a failure... my boy barely speaks and till now havent train him yet, take potty out, he climb on it instead, so its a hazard instead...

Chips, i realised my boy will be very hungry after CC, he drank lots of milk and eat bread somemore....

same la dawn, viral fever, tis is wat the doc diagnose on my noy too.. I think its usual description from docs.

my son fever 38.9 for near 3 days, n I slp close to him n take away his virus, I can withstand better than him, sick on his behalf better than he suffer...

I got fever, running nose n cough.. can see the virus so strong. he is so much better now.. I can't help him much so possible to take over his virus I'm most glad to have it..

morning mummies

chips,

maybe what you can do is give him a feed when you see him. let him drink while on the way home. then he can have his dinner upon reaching home. then feed again before bedtime.

sometimes its not that he need the feed but a craving for milk. slowly cut down the amount (vol) and not the no of feed.

Hi Dawn,

My gal also ganna roseola a few weeks back. The whole week she was at home, I almost killed myself as she was super cranky, notti and goodness-know what else.

Yes, u can stop the antibiotics just like that, don't worry.

morn mummies!

Dawn...antibiotics can stop since it doesn't help the condition & once the fever tapers off, the rashes will slowly go off too ...just that yr boy is probably looking like a 小花猫 now...my boy got rosella right smack on his 1YO birthday & like U, we scrambled like siao cos fever was getting way too high for us & the crankiness went up a few notches higher than we anticipated =)

chips,

are you sure your child can aim properly to go into that potty? even the toilet bowl so big, yu ze can be aiming at anywhere and also depends on how fast is the flow of the urine loh.

i won't want to try this at all cos i don't want him to think that he can urine into a bottle. and take any bottle and start to pee in it.

up to yesterday, yu ze knows he can't urine anywhere except the toilet. no matter how urgent he will still insist on going to toilet to urine. he won't urine on the drain or grass patch.

i say yesterday cos he is really desperate liao. we went bishan park and he wants to urine but the mac only has 1 toilet and its occupied and the person take very long still didn't come out. no choice, hubby make him pee on the grass. he come back and tell me, yu ze sh sh on the flower (grass) cos uncle never open for the door for yu ze. yu ze sh sh coming on the 'ku zi', papa bring sh sh on the floor.

celynlee,

I didnt get to fetch my boy alwys gana hijack by my parents

no of feed cut since going to centre. vol nv increase stil as per normal only when he wan more will giv him more

hmm bra talk

how often do you keep a bra for?

how many do you have "active use"

when you repurchase?

Do you get yourself refitted often or you always pick up the same size wo refitting or trying on.

vic vic,

keep until spoil loh cause i lazy. repurchase once a year or when i m in a spending mode. refitted every time i buy. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

why u suddenly ask abt bra

vic ma,

i buy when i feel like it. also try when i buy. seldom buy base on size cos me very small. very hard to buy bra. wear till i think very nua liao, then i throw.

my favourite bra shop closed, i wear size like 65/70. very difficult to buy bra cos sometimes 70A cup is still big for me. sigh.... cup too big. i need to go for breast implant.

chips,

he started cc for a short period only, give him to get use to it. maybe you can tell your parents to bring a feed for him when they fetch him loh.

celyn

you just need to put on some weight lol!

cos just stop bfing need to refit

- alot of problems with bras. transition preg/bf/wt loss/ wt gain... / no size

that time before pop bot C then zan this time machiam cow become D & even i went online its E but the shops dont have E so they just ngar ngar say that i am D.

now i am back to C+ but i think its goingto become B in maybe 6 months time.

wondering to get smaller size C & use extensions now or bigger size is B now.

Triumph bra on sale 2 for $69.90 while non promotion 1 for $50-60 onwards (cos i need 90C at least)

its quite esteem bashing (but ai ya i still like ice cream better make a choice to slim down) - such big sized bras are usually if available mostly very matron looking in the past - but since #1 preggy days (90 was hard to find - now 95 also have liao)

i been telling myself slim down to 85 or smaller so that i can have access or prettier design choices.

but thankfully there is that BP seller babyland who sells 90-90 C-D for under $30/pc to tide me over this painful $$ ordeal.

(u should see my collection of extensions -diff sizes of hooks, colours, i even have a 4 hook one!)

i have stuff from long long ago till just pop purchase was the last time i bot.

I spent so much on the C nursing ones - now slowly throwing one by one away. so heart pain - didnt really fit but no choice had to wear on & off still..

I like to keep favourates old ones for home use! keke!!

i usually refit when i buy now a days. since my size changes all the time.

I like wacoal the service is really good they even help you see in the fitting room to properly fit u - given that diff cutting bras - you might use diff sizes too.

but Wacoal's so ex my size $61+ onwards/bra. I am going to wait till my weight stablises & get one (i like cos W has thicker side bands to keep my fats/flesh in - support)

but for the mean while i bot thick side strapped Triumph. (used to get chest pains from their bras & hb forbid me to get Triumph for a period of time)

bra - hahaa

my triumph have been with me for so long, design no longer available.

I bought new pcs and realise I stil like the old ones.. (luckily I KS bought extra old design previously to standby)

I dont like strap bra usually will get a cup that looks good without strap..

Chips

i cannnot wear strapless very well - no support - if i do when i need i have very thick aronud bands kind & if i can i wear a clear strap instead if the dress or blouse needs a strapless bra. (people like me cannot wear such things often too - spag tops or tube tops! - just too much Bak! lolz)

the Triumph & Wacoal people said around 2 yrs & once rubber loose - should replace le.

Few factors i read:

think if we hand wash it should last 3-4 yrs.

if you only have under 10 pcs rotating - you can buy few pcs 6 mths or so -something like that

If they are machine washed - then life span maybe within 2 yrs ?

quiality of the bra - good quality - might last 4 yrs while a pasir malam one might only last 6-12 months - for adequate support that is.

Vicma: I usually buy once a year or when I see some good deals. I like Marks & Spencer. They have good basic stuff and service is good too.

ming

M & S! whenever there is a sale - i used to work in the city & will pass M & S often - i am sure to pop in to check out the bras!

they are the only ones that have a better clear strap now - i dont see much good qualoity clear strap accessories around now a days in other stores.

i did buy a few pcs from there when i started work after #2's maternity leave.

they have very interesteing stuff - whileeveyone sells maximizers they have minimizers! :p

Love M & S bras - I think i need to make a point to go into the city once a while to visit M & S.

so stuck to heartland malls -thankfully there is Nex else i am like a country bumpkin!

vicma,

mine not big so strapless no problem wont drop..hheeee

I bought extension for bra during maternity, and only spend on 3 pcs of super comfy strap daily bra.

cannot remember the brand but its recommended for pregnant woman

ruru,

I have a baby shower on 24th also but it starts from 2-6pm so most prob can make it for hokey pokey. Btw.. how much to pay? $42 very ex leh!

Btw, mummies can you just stop antibiotic just like that? I'm educated that once you start, it is good to finish because if you don't finish (they have a cycle to follow), it might not work the next time. I mean this was what I learnt during my studies though and my PD said the same thing?

I was also told cannot stop by my#2 de group....

but 1 week before i went kk, i went to PD was given antibiotic too but my boy after took it will vomit out, after that i stop giving him antibiotic and when i went kk for fever, i told them, they nv say anything

Chips, ruru cat & Xiao lao hu: , i caught the cough and flu bug from him, and pass him back again and he pass me again...

his fever was around 5 days and now with 小花猫 face... and he is super super cranky..... i wanna escape also can't, coz juz 1 mth ago i fire my helper... she played catching with my #1 and he fall and hurt his nose and she wipe away the blood and nv tell us!!! now i have to juggle a 3 mth baby and a toddler with my ah ma... we are calling for help, always very relief when my hubby and mum came home at night, 救兵到了!

and i already took 1 week off last week.. I juz asked his director for CC, she say cannot go back until rashes disappear, which i estimate 5 days??? so any week stuck at home.... I am going CRAZY!! and he is like plaster, plastering on me.... super cranky too.... haizzz fainting!

dawn and orangey,

under special circumstances the antibiotics can stop de but must check with the PD 1st. i rem that time when todl was down with bact infection, the 1st antiobiotic was given b4 any blood test was given but he had a dose at the hospital itself.

When the results came out after the blood test, there is a change of antibiotics cause the 1st one will not kill the bact, so the A&E doc called his PD and was told to change immediately and stop the 1st one.

So i guess under such circumstances can stop but must double check with PD.

for normal viral fever, if it requires antibiotics, normally my PD will put eat for 4-5 days and stop (no need to finish whole course).

Hi Orangey,

No need pay $42, we decided to just all appear at 4pm at hokey pokey to play and gossip! C u there then.

Hi Dawn and mommies,

I said can stop antibiotics becos I thought ur darling just have roseola and antibiotics doesnt help the situation at all so no need to take in the 1st place. But if ur son has the flu and roseola, then please check w PD can or cannot stop hor.

Hi Vic Ma,

I am a triumph loyal fan since puberty. I only buy this brand so v easy. I buy maybe once/twice a year, must try as different cutting. Now me still bf-ing, so using nursing bra, but intend to give up soon once my darling hits 6mth.

rurucat~!! ^5 !!! We're both triumph loyal fans.. haha.. and i only buy them from Isetan's triumph corz can accumulate points. Only buy once a year, and that's before CNY... one go buy about 5 - 6 sets. haha. will refit everytime i buy... surprisingly, after #2, it "grew" instead of shrunk after bf-ing stop. lolz.. or maybe just that the particular design i chose is smaller in cutting. hahahaha....

Vic ma,

I like the triumph latest batch! The corset damn nice but so ex leh.. Papa says too expensive cause its like $170! With that price, can customize one at about $200 in Tw liao.. Need to get a decent corset cause my belly is protuding >.<

QUOTE me my email u can email her CC me say you use my"repeat" status get the discount.

Promotion for this BP

1. % off promotion ( for nursing wear, maternity wear)

For nursing wear and maternity wear (5-10% off)

For new customers, 5% off for any purchase for new arrival items and 10% off when u spend more than $60 on nursing wear .

For Return customers, 10% off for any purchase

* not applicable for discounted/ promotional items/ GSS deal

2. For other items ( including shaping bra/ corset/ Ladies wear/ firming pants/exercise wear/ swimwear / other items)($1 off*)

$1 off from second items onward

For returned customers , $1 off from first items onwards

* not applicable for promotion /discounted/ promotional items/ items cost less than $5

3. Free Courier Service

Free Courier Service * when your order is more than $160 ( pls leave me your hp # n preference of timing for delivery ( e.g wkday/ wkend. During working hr/ after work. Pls note that I will not able to offer free courier if some of your items are oos or your total amount is less than $160 after refunding e oos items. $ 6 will b charged *. Tks for your understanding)

*x1 trip. Max Volumetric Size is 80cm (length + height + width). ( if the volumetric max volume is more than 80 cm . I will absorb $6 and u have to top up the difference. To be advised the actual cost after receiving the goods. pls refer to Ta Q bin website for charges

[email protected] - seller's email.

my name to her is Esther

my email [email protected]

(i like the girdle section too lolzz cos i needs!!)

orangey... u go check out skyla... i duno where else got outlets but i bought mine from the outlet at raffles city. Next to robinsons. i like that tummy flattening wrap! not sure if it's call a corset corz only from below our breasts till below belly button... comfortable and yet flattens well. I wear it daily and it does help to "slim" abit of my tummy wor... u go try see if u like it. =)

to the person who apped me just now more information for you to forward to your friend

milk tea is a milder version but i still must point out the caution of feenugreek pills consumption. the milk tea has lesser % of feenugreek.

asthmatic mothers or fathers should take caution & use pump more method to increase milk instead of relying on feenugreek or milk tea or starting these too early. - because it has some complications with asthma & since the bb is small its best to avoid any possible risks.

side effects of feenugreek - is lao sai in both the mother & the bb. so be aware.

no feenugrek within 1st 2 months of bb birth cos milk supply not stable - increase with supplements will cause jam while tap yet to open - mastitis risk big big lor.

only those with better electric pumps should attempt feenugreek. MIlk tea still milder lessser risk.

for starters best aafter 2 months start with 1 tea bag a week & monitor - same tea bag can be resued 3-4 times - good to drink alot of water anyway since constipation is very apparent in bfing careers.

celyn, i duno what it's called leh... lolz.. it does look like a corset (eg: got pattern, lacy) but it does not cover our breasts so still need to wear bra...comes in black and beige color. I tried the one from triumph, still prefer this one corz more comfortable. The only thing to look out for is, the zip! lolz... i ever accidently zip myself...whahaha... lying down on the bed to wear is the trick that the person taught me. So much easier.. heehee!

Dazz,

I prefer those that comes with bra lah cause I've 1 that I bought during pregnancy days also without bra then the underbreast area very pain leh [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Grrrr... mummies on Similac/Gain/Isomil~ Abbott increase FM prices again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Isomil used to be $35 from Luvbabies now become $40!!! I think NTUC previously selling at $39 or $37 now $42!!!!

Orangey, those with bra i have from triumph... i find it not tight enough... Maybe because of the bra size so it's not fitting at the tummy area. This Skyla one i told u is ok leh... very comfortable. I wear it since morning till i go home after work leh... hahaha... u go to the shop look c look c la.. they allow you to try on so u see if u feel ok in it.

vicvic... ya... i have 2 from triumph.. one hook all the way up from the front. So easy, can put on myself, (with struggles though. lolz!) but the other one, hooks all the way at the back... that one must ask ah lao to help liaoz. hahaha...

Back