(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

my boy will snatch the bag n nowadays he like to wear short with pockets, he will keep sweets in it and carry around with him.

even sleep also hold the sweets in hand.

Mummies: Can you share your experiences with toilet training? Have you started and how? I wanted to start at 18 months (since E can verbalise quite well) but the PD said wait till 2. Now she is getting more stubborn and I am afraid it is going to get harder. Sigh.

Yesterday, just brought her to choose a potty cover and told her that she is a big girl now so must sit on potty. WIll start training properly soon but would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Ming, i'm a failure at that. Lolz... only managed to train korkor when he's 3... and now didi still cant really talk... so i'm not planning to start anytime soon...

during korkor's time... we got him to communicate everytime he needs to pee. Then i had to buy him underwear in characters that he like... (that time was thomas the train and barney...) so can trick him to wear them easier... it started with pee first and once he's able to tell us accurately when he needs to pee, then we move to poo... yes, he refuse to poo in the toilet bowl even if he can tell us when he wants to pee so we still had to bring pampers out... he will only want to poo in pampers. haiz... after a few months and with much encouragement... then he managed to pee and poo during daytime on his own... i didn't immediately start the night training.. we delayed another 6mths then start night training...

somehow... i think they themselves must be prepared before they can. For korkor... he seems to be able to gasp the reason why he had to pee and poo in toilet but it's just that he "dun want" or rather, is too used to doing it in his pampers. So alot of encouragements needed... like everytime he managed to pee/poo in the toilet, we'll praise him, sometimes i give him biscuits or sweets as a "reward"... as soon as he gets the idea that going to toilet is actually not a scary thing at all (lolz!) everything else is a breeze...

Dazz: Thanks for sharing. I read somewhere this parent let the child poo/pee in the diaper while sitting on top of the toilet bowl just to get use to the concept of sitting on the toilet. Think we will just have to trial and error. Key is to be consistent and persistent according to what I read.

ming

this is what my helper did: she trained todl when he is able to sit when young. everyday she let him sit at the toilet bowl and prompt him to poo regardless he poo or not.. but same day same time she will bring. most of the time he will poo on cue.

once routine sets in, the poo timing doesnt change much. so when he knows how to speak, he will tell helper that he wants to poo and helper will bring him to sit on toilet bowl. that is how he was trained. persistent and consistent is the key.

now we are training him to pee.

Hi Ming,

According to Gina Ford, there are a few steps our toddlers need to reach before we can start potty training proper.

1. She is physically ready - she is able to wake up from a nap with dry diaper, thus signaling that her don't know what muscles can hold back the pee/poo.

2. She is able to take out her shorts/underwear/diapers on her own.

3. She is able/willing to sit on the potty for average 5-10mins.

4. She is able to verbalise her wish/need to pee/poo.

I only managed to overcome my gal's aversion to sitting on the potty after a few months of effort and lots of bribery. Now I am training her to overcome her fear/unwillingness to pee/poo without her pampers.

My gal obviously want to poo liao but can hold back and keep wanting to wear back her diapers. I just encourage her and let her poo onto the floor and scoop the poo onto the potty then praise her.

ming

patience

level 1 training - pee

every 1-2 hrs ask her go pee in the potty.

soon she will ka chiao you outside also u must drop what u are doing to do this.

for this excercise training pants is good for home & pull up pants for outside.

just make it habit.

Level 2 training - poop

while Peeing - we ask them HMMMMMMM (make cake sai smell) once they poo there PRAISE & SMILE (admist the smells)

we also let them sit on it a while ask them to poo - depending on how you comunicate - a child that can verbalise - ok else its monkey language of pooping sounds & faces & pointing to the potty. - if they dont want to just stop & go put back pants.

(if we use training pants at home - might have poop accidents - i yet to resolve this)

Level 3 -NITE training. (maybe 4 yrs old onwards)

every 3 hrs wake & bring them to pee for approximately 2-3 weeks or more depending on the child. yes i set alarm clock for this.

after that - expect leaks - buy a waterproof bed sheet guard 1st before u start this exercise.

we just put motion sensor lights in the toilet for vicky. so that she will dare go pee on her own wo putting potty outisde the room or inside the room. the potty is a possible alternative too in the room if u have space & dont want them to go out of the room

how about 9am on a sunday then at ming's friends place? that is not so peak period?

ming: i also need pointers. todM can say she want to poo but usually chooses to do it in diaper. when she asks to pee in potty is a rare occasion. yet she now is very difficult with wearing diaper and wants to go diaperless. yet when we let her go diaperless, she pees on the floor. sigh.

ming8110,

i'm a lazy mummy. i leave toilet training to cc. started off when yu ze was 30 months old in cc. started off with pull up pants and cc teachers get him to pee together with those 'trained' kids. then slowly, we remove pull up pants and wear underwear. he still wear diaper to cc, change to underwear when he reach cc cos he takes school bus to cc. journey to cc is about 35-40 mins, don't want to pee on bus. wear diaper when he nap. next step is stop pull up and just underwear regardless of timing. all these while, he is still wearing diaper whenever he is at home.

i finally stop him from diaper on his 3rd birthday. he cry and whine for diaper but i simply refuse to give in. i told him if he don't want to wear underwear then he goes naked and i leave him naked till he comes and find me. since then, we are off diaper for day.

no rewards of any sort given and no potty. he goes straight to toilet bowl.

toilet train

wow I got something to share. that day when I accompanied my son in centre, there's a pair of China twins older than my son in n1 also first day in class, they look like shaolin kids, bald n stylor. since birth nv wear diapers.

I spoke with the mother n she said regularly bring them to pee.. ai yo a pair of twins and can go diaperless since birth.. save so much money

Morning All.

Hokey Pokey.

Have heard back from my friend. There is a package we can take for up to 15 kids. Comes with our own cordoned off party area, finger food, goody bag for each kid, balloon for each kid and unlimited play in the playground for 2 hours. Costs $700 usually but they will give us a 10% discount. Note that because of our small number, the playground will not be closed exclusively for us.

After the discount, it works out to $42 per child if we have 15 children coming (Ruru do we have 15 kids?)

This is the food menu:-

Choice of 8 items and 1 beverage from below Menu. Inclusive of 1 Main course.

Sandwiches

Egg Mayonnaise Finger Sandwich

Tuna Mousse Finger Sandwich

Sardine & Onion Finger Sandwich

Chicken Ham Finger Sandwich

Vegetable Finger Sandwich

Seastick with Mayonnaise Sandwich

Coleslaw with Sultanas

Vegetarian Potato Salad

Savoury Hot Snack

Fried Carrot Cake with Sweet Sauce

Golden Fried Vegetable Spring Roll with Sweet Sauce

Fish Nuggets with Tartar Dip

Chicken Nuggets with Tartar Dip

Golden Fried Potato Croquette with Tartar Dip

Breaded Scallop with Tartar Sauce

Golden Sotong Ball with Sweet Sauce

Supreme Sotong Ball with Tartar Dip

Shrimp & Chicken Ngoh Hiang with Sweet Sauce

Golden Fried Potato Curry Puff

Deep Fried Yam Samosa

Golden Fried Cocktail Samosa

Deep Fried Thai Fishcake

Deep Fried Ngoh Hiang Roll

Golden Fried Fish Ball with Cucumber

Sambal Fish Ball

Vietnamese Spring Roll with Thai Chilli Sauce

Teriyaki Mini Chicken Drumlet

Honey Baked Mini Chicken Drumlet

Deep Fried Chicken Mid-Wing

BBQ Mini Chicken Drumlet

Mini Cheese Sausage

Sweet Pastries

Chocolate Cake Slice

Pandan Cake Slice

Lemon Swiss Roll

Strawberry Swiss Roll

Mini Vanilla Cream Puff

Mini Chocolate Cream Puff

Mini Banana Muffin

Mini Blueberry Muffin

Malay Nonya Kueh

Mini Walnut Brownie

Traditional English Carrot Cake

Main Course (Choose 1)

Singapore Style Fried Bee Hoon

Signature Mee Goreng with Tomatoes

Hong Kong Fried Egg Noodle

Pan-Fried Carrot Cake with Egg

Vegetarian Fried Bee Hoon

Nonya Style Mee Siam Goreng

Dessert

Hot Red Bean Soup

Hot Green Bean Soup

Hot Bubur Pulut Hitam(Black Glutinous Rice Soup)

Chilled Sago Melaka

Chilled Almond Jelly with Peach and Pineapple

Watermelon & Honeydew Slice Platter

Drinks (choice of 1)

Pokka Green Tea

Pokka White Chrysanthemum Tea

Pokka Lemon Tea

Pokka Soya Milk

Mineral Water in Cup

Let me know what you mummies think [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Ming 20

Angry bird Big 3

Angry bird small 4

Angry bird cage 3

princess 6 3

Princess 4 3

princess 2 4

BBD 5

car side with wrapper x 1

3 angry bird 3

mickey mouse with hat x 1

Vicma 40

Ruru 10

Any combi will do.

Celyn 20 mickey

Mickey & Minnie 10

Mickey w hat 10

Total 95

already reached MOQ please give me your orders quickily - i believe it should be all 60 cents already - if i cannot get free postage I might ask her to post out those 20 pcs one separately for me & i will work out the cost still accordinly fairly in some deemed ok fashion with the seller.

vicma,

i want 20 slots please. 10 cars stickers and 10 angry bird. the designs do not really matter.

toilet training

C2 stands up to pee. He wont sit down. So we only catch his pee before bath. poo ah, forget it, he will tell only after he finishes.

chips,

yes yes i encounter one PRC chinese mummy at C1's school too. her 18mo toddler was already toilet trained for pee and poo to tell. wah. but i think they are culturally trained to bring babies to the toilet every hour (or smthing liddat). if the parents dun do, the grandparents will do.

i still say.... diapers are cheaper than my patience. haha.

cellow

good 1... diaper cheaper than patience..hhaaa

there is another PRC grandma.. she said they wil have to look after grandchildren unlike spore ah gong ah ma so good life

hi mummies, please include me.

Date: 24/03 (Sat) 4pm onwards

1. rurucat

2. Vic Ma

3. HJ

4. ming8110

5. Chlosper

6. Dazz

7. Maddie

8. Woofy

9. GBH

10. Juye

11. Violetmel

ming's proposal sounds good to me. $42 for each kid. Parent free hor. so we can eat their food too? ;P

vic, can still order stickers? just saw your post today.

If base on violet's post above and taking into account that vic vic and i have 2 kids each, we have 13 kids already.. just 2 more to meet the minimum no. of kids...

Violet: Each child can be accompanied by one adult for free (but I will check to confirm that both parents can be allowed in - I don't really think it will be a problem but will check).

Dazz: I am happy to chip in more if we don't hit 15 kids. Or if you mummies don't mind, I will ask my cousin's kids to join us to make up the numbers. My cousin's boy was born in March 2010 - one month before our darlings. Let me know [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sticker update.

Seller says front diff but sticker inside same.

Meaning all angry birds same, all princess same, all

Car same Mickey same too ,

Please post revised orders if u wish else I just stick to the original order.

Smurfs oos.

Will kiv cellow and hj's orders w new information. Noted please state if any change.

ming: how about infant? must pay also? anyway, am ok but feel if we are kind of scraping for 15 kids then a bit risky esp if ppl last minute cannot come.

btw, am going sydney in june. weather forecast about 8-16 degrees. any idea what kind of clothes to wrap my two monkeys in?

Maddie: Babe in arms should be free but will check. We are off to Sydney end March too. How long will you be there? June is Winter in Australia - will be pretty cold. Key is to wear a few layers which you can add to or remove as the weather changes. Suggest you let the kids wear closed toe tights below their usual pants as well.

Maddie,

Yes. Layer them. A windbreaker or parka will be good, in case of wet weather. The winter in Sydney is usually quite mild. And I love weather hoovering in the teens.

Now I'm worried whether I have enough clothes for todd in SH. Haha. It's spring and only 2-7C! Oops. Oops.

Hi Ming,

Thanks so much for liaising with your friend regarding our hokey pokey outing on 24th March 4pm.

Hi mommies,

Let's do an update on the whole situation as of now:

No of mommies who can make it with toddlers:

13 (Incl Dazz and Vic Ma whom I assumed will be bringing #1 and #2 tog, if not, then just 11 toddlers).

I agree with Maddie that there will definitely be no-shows on the actual day, so each mommy may have to top up even more $ and we don't have exclusive use of the facilities. Is everyone ok with such an arrangement?

Some mommies have also indicate that they have dinner plans so may have to leave earlier (bbdust and Juye) and some mommies have also indicate that they might join in later (Cellow).

Let's take a vote on this matter:

Gathering with food

1. rurucat (only if everyone pays up 1st. I have personal experience that a gathering of 5 mommies can suddenly be cancelled due to last-min cancellation of 3 mommies. But don't really like this pay-up 1st policy as mommies who have indicated they may want to join in later in our gathering may feel paiseh or bo-hua then don't come?)

Gathering without food - Just appear at 4pm at hokey pokey and hope it is not too crowded and play and gossip with mommies and toddlers!

1. rurucat

morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i Ming,

Thanks so much for liaising with your friend regarding our hokey pokey outing on 24th March 4pm.

Hi mommies,

Let's do an update on the whole situation as of now:

No of mommies who can make it with toddlers:

13 (Incl Dazz and Vic Ma whom I assumed will be bringing #1 and #2 tog, if not, then just 11 toddlers).

I agree with Maddie that there will definitely be no-shows on the actual day, so each mommy may have to top up even more $ and we don't have exclusive use of the facilities. Is everyone ok with such an arrangement?

Some mommies have also indicate that they have dinner plans so may have to leave earlier (bbdust and Juye) and some mommies have also indicate that they might join in later (Cellow).

Let's take a vote on this matter:

Gathering with food

1. rurucat (only if everyone pays up 1st. I have personal experience that a gathering of 5 mommies can suddenly be cancelled due to last-min cancellation of 3 mommies. But don't really like this pay-up 1st policy as mommies who have indicated they may want to join in later in our gathering may feel paiseh or bo-hua then don't come?)

Gathering without food - Just appear at 4pm at hokey pokey and hope it is not too crowded and play and gossip with mommies and toddlers!

1. rurucat

2. bbdust (me got dinner arrangements so dont need food paiseh)

maddie

since its in june, maybe u want to go online and see if there are any clearane sales (carters, oshgosh, old navy).

When I brought todl to Brisbane, I do layering, one long sleeve PJs, clothes and layer him with jacket. Pants wise its all waterpoof long winter pants.

its $42/kid ar?

can divide kids & parents - enough for parents to eat too right?

cost bring 2 kids $84!!!!!!!!!!!!

i rather just join entry price for 1 hour for both kids lor. its very ex le. my hb wont come along either.

Sticker update

100pcs need to break into 3 parcels for posting $3.35 $10.05 more

while the lady told me speed post is $15 flat rate http://www.speedpost.com.sg/downloads/ratecard/SpeedPost%20Islandwide%20Courier.pdf

up to 10 kg.

I think i will be going for this option as its neater this way & now I have 120 pcs before XLH's order.

she told me left 100+ pcs not sure 120-150 or under 200 lets hope everyone's orders fit. I will try to take some extras in so that those who dont get their choice might also able to get different items if they wish to later.

so its about 70 cents each since with speed post from the seller & then postage out to all of you separate.

1. rurucat

3.Vicma

(we can pack our own snacks for the kids & ajorn to another place later for coffee or what ba)

if ming's friend sells coffee i am sure i wont mind buying just that.

Can i ask what is door entry price for the day say for 1-2 hrs (ming)

1. rurucat

3.Vicma

4. Chlosper

1. rurucat

3.Vicma

4. Chlosper

5. HJ

Celyn

your iherb is in I will wrap for u & email or pm u fb later confirm your addy.

$$ next week count now got headache .

vic ma,

ok. thanks. next mon and tues, i on leave. depend on your availability and location then we decide if i go on post can?

Sticker update

order closed - as seller only has 100+ she is confirming with me tonight if she has enough to meet our order.

i might buy in the whole lot & Give 1st come 1st serve order sequence thanks!

Hi Mummies,

Let's just all meet at Hokey Pokey, let the kids play and we can chat at the small drinks area. Agree that given the possibility of no-show etc, it may just be easier to have a more casual arrangement. I will let my friend know to expect between 10 to 15 of us that day so they can have an idea about crowd control? See you all on the 24th [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

morning all,

how does your child adapt to lesser milk or is there any change in them when they start school.

when he return from school he had dinner (rice)6.00pm and 180 ml after 1/2 hr, not enough n he want more, so give him another 60ml . this is around 7.30pm.when done I bring him to bed and 8.30pm he take his bottle and want neh neh I refuse to give but in the end surrender to him n make 180 ml for him..

so short interval he had 180+60+180 .. too much already and he already had dinner

if he nv go sch, no such problem

Had a horrible and tiring day. Flight was ok but little boy was cranky and hubby tired and hungry. My book orders had some hiccups and was delayed. Another sigh. Did some shopping to make up for it. Let's hope everything will be good today.

Back