(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

dazz,

i have heard of such things before. can't remember the exact reason and also something like the elders don't celebrate birthday yearly so don't do for the kids as well. not good to the kids. i think its more for big celebration kind.

anyway, it doesn't matter to me as i don't do celebration for the kids at all except for full month and 1st birthday. anything after that will be cut cake party in cc only. i guess the next big celebration will be when they are 12 and 21 bah.

bbdust, oh, did i? Maybe because, didi's bday is coming again ba... haiz. MIL hinted to me not to celebrate for him lo... and this time, she mentioned korkor should not celebrate too. dahz...

dazz,

maybe you don't do a big celebration. just a mini one like buy a cake for him to sing song and cut cake will do loh.

but didi is in cc liao right? then buy a cake and bring to cc for him to celebrate with friends loh.

dazz

yes u did hehe... i remember u posted the sme question last year when its didi 1st birthday. ur MIL every year say same thing buay sian ah? hehe

ruru

dont know leh, i saw my friends sign up.

Hokey pokey: Ok, will ask my friend. The play gym is set up by my friend and 4 other mums who got to know each other on SMH forum. Their babies were all born in the same month. Just like us. Maybe we should go into business too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Ming,

Woah!!! That is amazing!!! SMH forum rocks!!! Thanks for asking.

The new weekly day off rule applies to work permits issued after 1st Jan 2013. To me this whole new ruling smacks of an excuse by the maid agency to raise price again (to cover the off-days). Haiz...

Ruru, BB Dust: Beta-testing refers to doing a dry-run of the premises to see what needs to be tweaked for the actual operations.

bbdust, oh! really ah... wow biangz... means i'm reminded about it on a yearly basis lo? dahz... think maybe like what celyn mentioned, will just celebrate in CC for didi ba...

ming

oic haha they got overwhelming response [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

dazz

yes loh... u are reminded on a yearly basis loh. thats why when u ask this question it "sounds" so familiar. heee

ruru

okie okie so my helper is not affected yet

vic vic~! you in? wanna ask.. do you still have the link to that lady where she sells all the goodie bags stuff?

ask u all ah, do u keep like 100 bucks of ur helpers' salary in case she ran away? ever since she join, my agency has put inside the contract that I keep 100 bucks of her salary, now she is damn unhappy about this issue and keeps demanding me to return her all her $$ and said that my mum's helper my mum never keep and also her friend employer never keep.

now i got headache liao cause if i give her, if she run away then i jialat also means $$ down the drain. my agent has warned me not to also give her advanced salary in the event she run away. i told her that its not me who keep it, its agent so she can go and take the $ from the agency. i very sian cause these few days she keep giving me black face and recently she also keep quarelling with my MIL... dont know when she will throw me the bomb she is going back.

Bbdust,

I cannot imagine how much it will cost to hire a maid next time. 1 maid agency boss predicts it could cost up to $900/mth for a maid next time!!!! Hmm... Maybe we should open a cc, sure good biz ...

I cannot wait until both my darlings grow abit older and I don't need to rely on maid anymore. Will still hire maid to do housework but don't have to be so upset when they chu pattern, just send them back agency and say good riddance! Hah!

bbdust, have to keep.. cannot give de. Wait really run away then jialad liaoz... if she's still not happy, get the agent to talk to her ba.. if not you try explaining to her the rational of us keeping the money... it's like an "insurance" ba... provided they can understand la.... =X

dazz she only do pre - orders now.

what i want to ask u is FB got this seller i saw yday selling sticker albums - many designs.

car, disney princess, spongebob, angry birds, etc think 8 diff kinds good equal; mix for girls & boys - not sure the actual size.

Min 20 pcs $1 each need to pay postage $2-3

then 60 pcs was like 80 cents & 100 pcs was 60 cents let me double check later & come back to u - AI MAI?

100 pcs share?

dazz

yah she even try to con me said her friends blah all never keep, i was thinking how can it be she thinks i stupid. anyway i called my mum and she said my maid told her maid that she dont want to work le cause she is unhappy.. and she cannot leave cause her $$ all with me. see her pattern. its time to find a new maid.

ming

i wont mind even if its not closed exclusively for us as its a sat unless we wanted 9-10am maybe its fairer to her but 4pm or other time slots might be very "red" times for her to get business.

a discount would suffice!

vic, sticker book? hhmmm... maybe not. didi duno how to appreciate sticker books yet. korkor's bday still far away... haha.

bbdust, wanna find faster find wor.. if not kena the new ruling then sianz...

mommies, ask u all ah... whenever you receive the goodie bags from other kids/parents, do you prefer food or play stuffs?

Oh man, E's teacher just called. They now have 12 cases of HFMD, in 3 days. Spreads really quickly. Definitely not letting E go to school.

Vicma: Have asked my friend to see if any arrangements can be made for us. Will update again

dazz,

i prefer play stuff. food, i throw away except for some biscuits. i know i waste others $$ but no choice cos i don't want them to eat those sweets or chocolate. even play stuff will all end up in dustbin too cos don't know what to do with them and they are not interested.

dazz

yes already called my agent to fnd le. standby.

dazz

i prefer child friendly food, play stuff wise hmm some give those very cheap play thingy like paper ball which broke once played then need to throw away. so rather have food haha ;).

‎[beauty tips]

3种DIY妊娠纹霜

----------------------

1.) 调匀两杯椰子油和一茶匙的玫瑰果油。放在密封容器内,保持干燥,每天按摩两次。

2.) 混合一杯咖啡渣和一茶匙橄榄油。按摩皮肤10分钟后,用湿毛巾敷上,15分钟后用温水洗净。

3.) 混合半杯橄榄油、¼杯芦荟凝胶、2汤匙维生素E凝胶和1汤匙维生素A凝胶。放在容器中,冷藏保存。每天按摩一次。

3 kinds of DIY stretch marks cream

------------------------------------------------

1) Mix thoroughly two cups of coconut oil and a teaspoon of Rosehip Oil. Placed in sealed containers keep dry and massage twice a day.

2) Mixing a cup of coffee grounds and a teaspoon of olive oil. Massage the skin with it about 10 minutes, put a wet towel on it and after 15 minutes wash with warm water.

3) Mixed half a cup of olive oil, ¼ cup aloe vera gel, 2 tablespoons of vitamin E gel and 1 tablespoon of vitamin A gel. Store on the container and refrigerated. Massage once a day.

Please refer above reference depend on your skin condition. Individual result will vary.See more

[Beauty tips]3 kinds of DIY pregnancy cream 1.) Mix thoroughly two cups of coconut oil and a teaspoon of rose hips oil.

Placed in a sealed container, keep dry and massage twice a day. 2.) blend a cup of coffee and a teaspoon of olive oil.

Massage the skin after 10 minutes with a damp towel and apply, after 15 minutes wash with warm water. 3.), mix half a cup of olive oil, ¼ Cup of Aloe Vera gel, 2 tablespoons 1 tablespoon vitamin a and vitamin e gel gel. Put it in a container, cold storage. Massage once a day. (Translated by Bing)

Sounds interesting for DIY spa too at home.

Lovefullstop FB seller

MOQ 20 $1 each normal postage $2.55

60 80cents each

100 60 cents each[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6768265.jpg]

Re: Birthday

They told me as long as nv blow candles its fine. Just sing happy birthday song will do? I'm thinking to just customized some cupcakes and bring to TodO's class for his CC. His bday is on Good Friday so we'll be having a mini party just for family and relatives who have young kids :D

Vicma - I am interested in the stickers. E loves stickers (especially the princessy ones with the little mermaid). Count me in for 10 princess and 10 Angry Birds please [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vic vic,

its purely stickers right? no colouring inside one hor? i want car and angry bird, if I just buy 1 of each is it okay? its for todl who love sticker books hehe.

ming i try to get for u 5 each of the 2 angry birds & 2 princesses styles

I note down.

Ming

Angry bird Big 5

Angry bird small 5

princess 6 3

Princess 4 3

princess 2 4

something like that

OMG like placing bets

orangey

dont think the selling has those i waiting for another seller to reply what she has.

Ming 20

Angry bird Big 5

Angry bird small 5

princess 6 3

Princess 4 3

princess 2 4

bbd (maybe i need to have minimum 5 pc order ba)

car side

car front

Angry bird Big

Angry bird small

vic vic,

if minimum 5 pcs order then drop mine bah cause i only want to let todl go stick stick nia haha [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

vic vic, i'll get 3 if u need to have at least 5 to join bbdust's order. i want angry bird and cars.. any design. u help decide which one best.. haha.

vic vic,

car side with wrapper x 1

angry bird with wrapper x 3

mickey mouse with hat x 1

gam sia lots [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Just skimmed through ST online and there is ALOT of debate going on about the mandatory day off for maids. I can see both sides of the story. I too worry that with more time off, our maids will pick up more undesirable influences. Perhaps the way to counter is to sign them up for classes on their days off. At least they are doing something productive which may help them when they return home. Will go research more. Everytime I bring this up with my hubby he will say "Can YOU imagine working 7 days a week for 2 whole years with no rest days?" I can't to be honest.

Hokey Pokey: Just heard from my friend - she thinks it may not be cost-effective for us to book the place exclusively since there aren't that many of us. She thinks they won't be that crowded then anyway since they would only have opened officially for a 1.5 weeks when we plan to go. They have a little rest area where they will sell drinks etc. She asked if we wanted food and I have asked her to quote. WIll update again.

ming

tks tks [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] let us know.

ruru

if its 24th March at 4pm then I am okie cause i need to leave for family dinner at abt 5 plus 6.

hello mummies!

dazz...i look v hard at each item & checked them off...dun wan ah boy to eat all those sweet & unhealthy stuff like chips etc.

loL...CHIPS! ...Bo lah..i meant potato chips , twisties!! ..hehe..my boy gets goody bags from his PG frens cos bday mah but all in the end he dun get to eat them cos too saltish.

sticker update

Lovefullstop FB seller

MOQ 20 $1 each normal postage $2.55

60 80cents each

100 60 cents each

Four princess –ming3

Mickey & Minnie

Angry bird w cage – ming3

Two Princess – ming 3

Six princess – ming 4

Car face front

Smurfs

One angry bird – min3

Car face side – bbd 1

Three Angry bird – ming4, bbd3

Mickey & Hat – bbd1

Ming 20

Angry bird Big 3

Angry bird small 4

Angry bird cage 3

princess 6 3

Princess 4 3

princess 2 4

BBD 5

car side with wrapper x 1

3 angry bird 3

mickey mouse with hat x 1

myself 40 pcs

total 65 pcs

Dazz - if u want 3 let me know cos i just feel its not worth it cos i have to post out to you separately & there will be a minimum maybe 50 cents postage charge liao.

I will try to get the exact order you want preferabily - but if the seller happens to send me the wrong ones with little discrepency we try to absorb ok?

vic vic, i'm just joining if needs to meet minimum of 5 for bbdust... if she oredi got 5 then i can cancel my order... don't really need it actually.. haha. thanks!

okok dazz! no problems!!

u alol know i use whatever left over from Iherb ship boxes & A4 office printing paper wrapper to send things out so i charge only for stamps.

chips...i dun let my boy see when i beo the items in the goody bag :p ..not in full view of my todE..if not he will kaypo one...On occassions when he kcks up a fuss, he gets his own biscults as a treat.

Back