(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

celia,

im actually planning to get a part time job too so e money i earn can use for baby's expenses.. discussed with mil n hubs, told them i can leave for work when mil comes hm frm work at 3.. both were against e idea at first n told me to stay hm till my boy's 18mths then put cc but aft much persuasion frm me, they gave in n allowed me to start work when my boy's 3mths old which is in 2mths time..

oh, anybody got lobang inform me too pls.. thks! =)

I took tea for breakfast for 3 days n my bb won't sleep at all. Sometimes drift off light sleep n then wake up. Also very irritable n keep crying n whining. I stopped all caffeine n now she back to normal, sleep 1-3 hours in between feeds. Last night she had 2 times 4 hourly feeds. So happy.

I single mother worse, need more $.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/kao_cry.gif]

if I work as perm, I need to have a nanny if I work as temp/part might not be enough to live on.

If save money on nanny I look after myself and mi n bb got to eat grass..

which area in spore grass more fat & green do inform me

mrsm,

if you want to do, should do it while they are still very young. some do it the day they are born too. i didn't think of it much earlier and now hubby refuse to let my boy go through it.

celia,

haha.. cos im planning to get it done soon.. but pity him also.. but heard that it's best to do it when they're still newborn cos heal faster.. e procedure takes less than 5mins and i think few days to 1wk heal alr..

mummies,

ive stopped bf aft 2wks, took e meds to stop supply.. few days ltr breasts got engorged again so went back to gp.. had to take med again.. milk stopped for few days then this morn breasts felt full again! so i pumped out n felt better aft that but then aft i had a shower at 12 just now, milk started leaking out!! y arent e meds workin??

mrsm

i'm definitely getting my boy circum. religious obligations plus i find it really hygenic. will be going to dr tahir and eunos clinic where i went for my #1.

dreamababy

i usually attend to bb when they cry. with #2 i let him be in the cot awake for a while by himself and only carry when he is about to wail, he 'eh eh', i just let him be there. learnt my lesson with #1 [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

their clock will kick in and they will start sleeping at night. it will take diff time for diff babies. my #2 sleeps at night but the thing is he hates to be awake. so in the day time when he's awake and alert he starts fussing after a while demanding to be put to sleep. haiz...

celia

pampers comfort quite ok leh even though its thin. i like it bcos of the cloth feel. maybe u should try putting tighter.

anyone interested to do focus group discussion next fri from 3-5pm, pm me for details. helping my friend to get participants.

discuss wat ? where $ falls ?

hehe ... I wil be interested to join if tats the topic. Just joking, dun mind.

Yasmin,

S size

- leak

- short at the back

- cause rashes at the side

Currently using M size ( pampers comfort ) I just use 1st pcs later see any overflow on the floor.

Wil go n get pampers active..

celia

actually, i believe that not all diapers suit all babies. so maybe pampers comfort is not for ur boy. lemme know how pampers active holds up. i can't use drypers on my kids. for #1, huggies was a no no until he was 1 yr. now he uses huggies dry comfort. for #2, he takes to huggies quite well. will try pampers comfort on him.

Seems mamy poko suits my #1 and #2. #1 boy stops at age 3 even for nite. Now #2 girl, use S size now. She is 4.7kgs.

My PD asked me to take off mitten during the hep B jab on full month. She said take mitten off after cutting off their long nails to prevent scratch the face. Early take off mitten will promote better motor skills she said, coz can train her to grab our fingers or train her to grab soft toys. See the below? ;) So, i just follow blindly as too busy to do research ler.

This pic is taken at 9pm le, can see how alert she is? Faintzzz....

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3980299.jpg]

hheee brandedfans..nice.. she can hold bunny.

I wil like to take off from my boy but 2 attempts he scratch his face den I put back again.

I did cut his nails but maybe got some sharp edges.

I jus ask my mum if can sew drawstrings mitten n booties. when big liao stil can adjust andfit well..

now those tat my boy wear very tight. difficult to put on

By the way, pic not very clear, she is grabbing the rabbit's ear. Can see 1 side of rabbit ear is gone in her palm.

Doing photo album of her, so got to take pics everyday when #1 in daycare or sleeps. Lucky #1 sleeps at 7pm or latest 8pm as he didn't nap during the day.

Celia, my girl oso got scratches, but PD said it will heal and will not leave scars. So, i just check her nails everyday lo, but got some alternative days the I too lazy to check la, seems her nail grow very fast. Also notice their nail is very soft, so quite ok to leave her without mitten and booties now since 5th weeks. So, kept all mittens and booties, rather than messing around in her wardrobe.

She will also stare at color like black and red prints.

yasmin,

ive heard gd reviews abt dr tahir too but quite far lei.. im stayin in jurong.. i think there's a clinic in clementi which does circumcision too but nt sure gd or nt.. hmm play safe might just bring bb to dr tahir..

oh so can take off mittens aft 1mth? what abt booties??

Hi! My girl is now 3 weeks old and need some advice on increasing milk supply. Anyone here taking fenugreek? How many pills to take each day to see increase in milk supply? Any side effects? I read that it will lower blood sugar, is it true? Cos my blood sugar & pressure is abit on the low side.

Is it normal not having enough milk for bb at this stage? I need to supplement about 2-3 feeds with fm... Btw, bb is not latching well so I have been expressing milk for her since week 1.

Oh.. didn;t know can take out mittens and booties already.. I probably take out tomorrow as tomorrow than hubby in can help me cut baby nails.

Hi brandedfans, mine is a sleepy head. She's into predictable routine since 2 weeks old. Morning she's more alert. SHe's awake around 6 or 7am and i will let her suckle on my breast till about 8am. Her feeding for morning is around 8am. She will stay alert until next feeding at about 10:30am. Depending on the weather, she may or may not sleep. Today is a rainy day, and she's been sleeping since 11am... woke up for next feeding at 12:30pm and sleep again (i on aircon so she really sleeps). I have to wake her up for her next feeding at 3pm else usually she will cry. And she's back into sleeping. Than at 6pm her last feeding of the day and she can sleep till 12am midnight for the next feeding... I'm usually more busy in the morning but i can pretty rest in the afternoon...

Is it normal??? At night she's a very good girl, only wake up for 2 feeding, at either 12am or 2am (depending what time is her last feeding) and at 4am or 5am. So different from my son - I remember having to carry him, walk around and having a hard time getting him to sleep at night. Than my son always cry for nobody business. For my girl, she only cries when she needs milk. Otherwise, she will just make noise when she wants people attention.

good to know that can take out mitten and booties liao. will stop wearing for my girl liao. i know i took out for my son very early too. eheheh....

Hi mrsm,

Yes, please check w your doctor b4 giving the EBM to your darling bb.

Booties not so soon i think, as sometimes i take out my girl's booties, her feet become cold quite soon leh. Mittens i know is 1 mth, and I bought a bb sissors to cut as the nails are so soft, use naill clipper like cannot cut properly, leaving sharp edges.

Hi Celia,

U can go to this website - www.diaper.com.sg to register and they will give u 1 free Goon sample to try. Goon is quite good (except for fake wetness indicator strip that doesnt work) and got free delivery over $80 purchase.

I totally agree with you abt the shitting part, we mommies can dont eat and drink, but how to tahan not shitting? That is why I buy a carrier and then carry her around when needed at home.

Hi Dreamababy,

I read in a bb book that we should attend to our baby once he/she cries in the 1st 6 months as this is a transition period betwn the womb to the world and they need alot of comfort and assurance from us.

This is a logical arguement as if u use a carrier or a yaolan, u realize that the baby sleeps better as they loves to be cocooned and listen to our heartbeat, just like in the womb.

Hi 1sttimepapa,

Not sure how 'notti' ur bb is, but there are certain gadgets ur wife can uses to make her life easier, like 1.pacifier 2.Yaolan 3.bb carrier 4. Use a hands-free pump etc. Hope your bb is not colic like my gal, becos the excessive crying can really drives us crazy.

This colic thingy v strange one hor, automatic once the sun set, the 'music' starts. Buah tahan.

Hi Rantingbaby and Xiao Lao Hu,

Wah, 3 of us staying in the JP vicinity! Gosh, we wait for Wendy's (the new burger joint) to open in June, then we go and meet there? Hopefully my gal will be more stable by then.

My gal has rashes (red color bumps) on her cheeks. Thought was heat rash. But sleep aircon never go away. Today saw some scabs forming over them. Anyone knows what these are or also have the same symptoms? Not sure if because of the food I eat. Any medication to apply? Dun dare to remove the scabs in case cause scarring.

bb dust which is why i not surprised w pple change diaper peed kind no wipe. I also like that sometimes. I only wipe with wet cotton wool and cream when i changing into disposable diaper. Cos that one less breathable. Cloth one i close 2 eyes.

Lazy hor?

i am still living in a daze that i hv a newborn. i sometime surprise myself. oh there is a pretty cute baby ob my bed!

like some senile person haha!

Now you know my pain! kekeke

I am such a complaining mother ah? When NB sleeps a lot, I worried, hope she wakes up to stare or smile at me. Now very alert, I also worried and complain, hope they sleep more then can give me some break. Wah... is it the hormon things? Faintzzzz!

ruru

my hb & 8 decided to spoil #1. Let her latch for comfort. Carry when she cries.

#2 hor i am like bad receptionist. Let the tel ring awhile then i answer the call.

I think its fatigue ba. Too tired out.

vic

bo leh its not cloth diaper, its the disposable de, she just change and put new one.. dont put diaper cream nor wipe.. everytime got to remind her must clean must clean.. then tis morning mega poo she dont know how to handle, everything all dirty, clothes, bed ai ~ keep telling me got experience hor bring up kids leh

she never use disposable before still dare to tell me i put wrong side *faints*

she starting to get possessive over him liao dont let me carry hor the whole day damn

vic ma,

you power loh. i also power leh. after cl left, i change pee diaper never clean or apply nappy cream one leh. just change only. hahaha....

bbdust,

i also never clean one leh. only wipe with baby wipes when poo. pee, i just change only. :p

celia,

yes, i buy insurance for baby liao. paper work done before she is born. once born, submit birth cert to agent and start to process liao.

celyn,

cannot leh, i rather she clean him up properly than just change wor.. that time he kena diaper rash so jialat, i rather be on the safe side than to let history repeat itself

celynlee,

wat kind of insurance u bought?

Mummies,

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3882331.html?1272676842

I saw this salt lamp not sure if its helpful

Salt lamps emit negative ions that will help reduce Dust, Bacteria, Pet Odor, Insomnia, Odor, Allergies, Sinus, Depression, Migraines, Anxiety, Fatigue, Colds, ADHD, Asthma.

> Eliminates insects and disintegrates tobacco smoke

> Improve immune system

> Suppresses bacteria & eliminates bad odour

> Minimizes asthma attack

> Relieve stress

> Purifies air

> Improves memory & vitality

> Reduce Insomnia

> Prevent radiation that emits from your electrical appliances

celia,

not very sure leh cos i just tell my agent to repeat what my #1 have. #2 have the same thing. if i don't remember wrongly, got coverage for all hospitalisation, pink of health, hfmd, accident plan bah.

bbdust,

i see. #1 only got nappy rash when he was in kk for the first week. came back with very bad rash. after that ok liao. i don't like to apply nappy cream for them too cos don't want them to depend on it too much. no rash, no cream

bb dust meag poo and she karang kabok? Omg! If i were a granny i how also will pul on a brave front to settle the poop de.

I very proud la. Dont want pple say i so ku niang.

vic,

yah she karang kabok..dont know what to do just shout so messy so messy...in the end she didnt put changing mat underneath, dont knw to pull up clothes to clean so his bed, clothes everything very dirty liao ..ended up she said "quick put water put water, bathe him bathe him" cause cannot handle liao

and she brag saying what's so difficult abt bringing up children?

BB dust,

wats the differnce between barrier cream, diaper cream, nappy cream ?

I apply the Pureen nappy cream if I see red red on the sides of my boy's leg.

This Pureen is leftover when I in TMC hhheee quite useful.

I used it on myself also, wear too much disposable panties and pads causing me itchy and scratch until got 'juice' but after apply once, it heals

"diaper cream is desitin, drapolene is already kena rash liao then got to use to cure it"

BB dust,

wat is desitin, drapolene ?

celia,

its the brand of the diaper cream that is used to cure nappy rash..can buy off the shelf in pharmacies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbdust,

i see. i only buy desitin. me lazy mummy. any steps that can do without i will skip. don't want to be too 'clean' about things.

celyn

dont put desitin when they dont have rash, cause they will get immune to it...that is what i learnt in mrs wong class [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back