(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

kdd

at 1 month, they hv 2nd dosage of hep b, weight and height monitoring. maybe ur pd feels that he can vacc ur boy at 2 mths.

Yasmin, so sorry for ur loss.. *hugs*

mummies, thks for e recommendatns.. Thot of trying nepia but scared buy big pack then nt suitable for bb.. Hmm..

Where can i get samples or small packs? I'll be cloth-diapering my boy soon during e day so need a gd diaper for night n when going out. But dun wana get so ex also la.. Hehe

kdd,

at 1 month is hep b jab for babies' mummies who are hep b carrier. if you are not, can skip this and have the first 6 in 1 jab at 2 months onwards.

weight of baby is taken whenever we go back for jaundice check. my girl last check at around 3 weeks+, her weight is 3.65kg from birth weight of 2.96kg.

kdd, my pd also told me to cme for 6 in 1 jab when bb's 2 mths old.. But im thinkin of bringing him to poly instead so all e way stick to poly for jabs n will only go to pd when bb's unwell.

Mummies who experienced bringing bb to both poly n pd, what do u think? Just bring bb to poly for jabs can? Will they check his growth progress properly? Saw that we hav to tick in bb's health bklet abt his developmt n all..

mrsm

i did that for #1 and would do that for #2 as well. as to whether they will chk properly, it depends on ur expectations la. they will chk height,weight, head cir and do the necessary vacc. u get priority and its by appt so waiting time is less. they will ask u questions and will answer yours to their best. of cos, if u have nagging questions abt ur bb development later, u can always chk with pd. ie. delay in gross motor, speech, etc.

mrsm,

for #1's time, i didn't know i can skip the hep b jab at 1 month so bought him to polyclinic. though got priority for baby, i waited 2 hours to have him jab and see doc. fyi, my appointment is supposed to be the very first person loh. so angry after that and refuse to go back to polyclinic. i brought him back to kk to see his pd for jab from then onwards. anyway, you can't just go straight for jab before any jab baby must be access by doc first. that's where they will do the development check.

celyn

1stappt always like that. jab, see doc, register, etc.

the 2nd appt onwards is faster cos there's no need to see doc.and got fixed appt.

yest i spent the whole morning at poly. register, see nurse, see doc, blood test, see doc again, vacc...haiz...it always take long to see the doc! the usual monitoring in poly is done by the PD nurses. only 1 or 2 doc visits.

my 2nd appt is fixed so better. but need to go back tomorrow for jaundice monitoring and i'm not looking forward to wait for doctor.

my girl had her last feed around 9.30am, sleep around 10am and till now haven't wake up leh. should i wake her up to feed or let her sleep?

yasmin,

no need to see doc before the subsequent jab? #1 always see pd before jab leh.

my first experience with polyclinic is register, see nurse first, then doc, then nurse again to jab, make payment, wait for 5-10mins, then go back.

so,wat i do is i ask watever questions i have. and if anything they can't answer and ask if i wan to see doc, i tell them never mind and then i bring to pd to check. for my #1 everything was normal and on track so no issues for me.

celyn

no need la. the nurse will always ask me, if bb is well. then take my word for it and jab lor. for me its cheap cos hubby is civil servant. free consultation!

kdd

same as maddie.. i use house weighing machine loh digital de..my weight minus off me carrying baby's weight +/- de lah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

but the accurate weight was done when i brought him for hep b 2nd jab lah at PD [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] after that its all agaration

yes I did tat too carry bb n w/o carrying. should be correct cos I went for 1st jab n tat time fever went Tmc to weigh too.

I go GP for jab, tis clinic cn make appt no nd to wait, won't get in contact wif other patients (virus). PD charges very ex in all everything come up to near 2k. I alrdy consult when I went to visit during my bb 2 wks old.

Long tim nv go out, I'm feeling so giddy wif the weather n crowd.

Anybody get bk to their before birth clothings? N for those unable, where u all buy ur clothes to work? Dun tel me wear maternity clothings lei .

celia,

can ask u u went GP right, do they assess ur baby's growth etc as well, take height blah blah?

i intend to bring him to GP for the 2nd mth jab cause might be able to claim from company but I scare they dont do assessment .. my PD in hosp is very very ex

me still wearing maternity clothes hahah

celia

i'm back to pre preg jeans and that's enuff for me cos i can't leave w/o my jeans [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

my maternity clothes are those that can wearafter birth kind so i'm wearing those as well la. time to hit the gym. need to finish up my amore membership.

Celyn, didn't expect him to pack his bag. Juz nid his helping hand to change #1 pyjamas to school uniform. I have packed the lunch box + water bottle + books + extra clothing in case he gets weight. He just turns a deaf ear like can't hear bb crying or I shout for help lo. Beh tahan!!!

Me too, wearing maternity clothes, as not yet dig out my old clothes, don't remember whr I put.

Yes I did tat too carry bb n w/o carrying.

My gal has rashes on her face and body....I used calendula cream and was ok last week. But today after applying the cream still there...Can I use calamine lotion?

celynlee/yasmin,

steady po pi pi lor.. Sexy now Hehee.

I hate those maternity clothings

Bbdust/brandedfans,

We got to work harder.

Me csect nv massage havnt 2 mths dare not exert stomach. U know wat Cnnt jog or use stepped cos inside will drop brisk walk still acceptable

celia,

yah csect cannot exercise so soon ah...

me bo chup liao ever since got bb, i become so auntie worse than market auntie.. everyday sweaty, smells like milk, messy hair and panda eyes ahha

mummies,

just done feeding bathing bb... now my turn to eat n bathe... just now i realised the diaper leaked n now i gotta change my bedsheets... guess its bcoz i put her on her side while BF her when i was lying down...

orangey,

where to get nepia diapers? i dont see that in ntuc...

celynlee, rurucat,

re hb helping...

mine lagi better... he will just slp thru... wont wake up even when bb yellign the whole place down...

rurucat,

is goon really good? i bought 1 pk from expo recently but i find that the so called line indicator is like machiam fake one leh... supposed to disappear when diaper is wet right? the line is always there even when the diaper is soaking wet... but the pampers one really work.. for pampers its change color n it really does..

does ur GOON diaper leak? i find that when i use GOON seems to leak more leh...

lucida,

i bought the ingelsina zippy for i think abt $640... ya teh price a bit exp for a stroller... abt same price range as peg pegro.. i bought it at either bb kingdom or bb hyperstore.. one of them... i think only either one carry this brand... they got 2 models of the zippy that time.. 2008 n 2009 one i think.. i bought the latest one bcoz i like the improvements.. the zippy is quite heavy though... think abt 8 or 10 kg... similar to peg pegro one...

bbdust,

she is just 1 month, 2 days old. no more jaundice liao. today is the first time, she sleep so long without waking up for milk. even jaundice time, she still drink every 3 hour leh.

OMG, i suspect i have clogged milk ducts under my right boobs, the portion where the funnels cup for pumping.. this is one area i often missed when massaging cos it is covered by the funnels.. how how? Should i try latching my baby the next feed via a different position? so far, i only use the cradle position..

Ruru cat - my baby is super awake too. Yesterday i almost sang the whole cd to her and even carried her to swaddle around.. all the dance steps used liao. She will doze off a little then when put down on mattress, tahan - i am AWAKE~ CL says cos she hungry.. kaoz, gng dry again.

Mrsm - i am using huggies and dryers (dryers given by fren). I think i prefer huggies, cheap and good and i like the valcrose sticker. Drypers sticker cannot make it.. super noisy and easily spoilt.

Re: Rashes - went to see doc. He said it could be hormonal (happened to his wife previously) or due to some of the tonic stuff i am eating. Prescribed a rash cream, hope it works soon.

Re: Hunger - Mummies, how are your appetite? Duno why, i am alweis hungry. Esp after pumping, i get veli hungry but i trying to restrict my intake cos i scare i overeat.. anyone here like me?

celyn

maybe u just wake her up bah so have a peace of mind?

siew ping,

its normal cause we burn up calories while breastfeeding.

eke my boy also super awake, cry, cuddle, put him down, sleep a while, cry again, cuddle, put him down..

bbdust,

nope... i just bathe/fed/change her... she just wants attn.. plus she is those kind cant go to slp on her own one... must carry her till she falls aslp then can put her down... somemore she is a light sleeper... when put her down must be very very slow n gentle n cannot let her know... sigh.. like that how? i no need to do anything liao... im now carryling her...

I oso c-sec. Even the #1 sometime accidentally touch my tummy, i can feel the pain.

The wound is not pain, is the one inside that pain. And will feel stretching feel lo.

How to jog. Sleep oredi no time, where got time to exercise. I don't want to stress myself some more la, I think better to recover quick quick so that can "Tong" for the current house chores. Expect man, i better train pig to climb tree, I think will be faster. May be hormon things playing in me again. Sigh... many disapointment and arguments after I gave birth. Man can didn't give up their fav tv programs, their comic and their pc games. Why we as woman has to give up everything including time with mum/sis.... Sigh!

ghb, bbdust, I even carry till my bb sleeps then when put down hor, my whole body must sort of pressing her together on the bed till "confuse" her that still being carried, and when see her sleeps soundly, then i dare to move away. Sometime this whole process got to start from scratch if I move up my body too soon. All these are the result of the fasting before her surgery the other day. So tough lo. Now use sling to sling her when doing my cooking / cleaning. But I never bring her near laptop coz worry got wave which is not good for her. Try to avoid esp their brain still developing.

brandedfans

me too sometimes carry until i tired then i just let him lie on my chest until he falls asleep then i flip him over, i realised that he sleeps pretty quickly when he hears my heartbeat.. like inside womb

siew ping,

cos we bf, so get hungry very easily one. must eat hoh, bf can't go hungry one.

bbdust,

i wake her up liao. now drinking. wonder is it cos i put her sleep on tummy so she sleep so soundly.

celyn

ah maybe leh they tend to sleep very soundly when they are on their tummy de.. got "an quan gan"

now its my turn le.. my boy woke up, cry sleep, now he sleeps and have past his feeding time haha later i will wake him up to feed

bbdust,

yah loh, make me feel like a first time mummy leh. she just finish her milk and seems to be sleepy again leh. should i let her sleep?

celyn,

keke our breastmilk got chemicals that will make bb sleepy de, just let her sleep bah [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Back