(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

delivery is good for hb to be around no matter how STRONG u are lor.

its more of a getting them involved kind of psychology as well as a need for them. Good to be whiney damsel in distress mah. even if its pretend.

cos wait he go find other DAMNED-SELFS to be hero to how ? keke!

hahaha! vic_ma, u very funny... ya.. i agree, i want HB to be around partly also bcoz i want him to be participative in the whole thingy... i alrdy suffer so much during preg, the least he can do is to be around.. let me bite his hand during labour pain also good! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] in fact even small small things like buying BB stuff, i also want him to stick around n give opinions.. though most of the times end up its me making the choices bcoz i more imgim one.. hahaha.. dunno y he around for what...

oh man I still undecided btw the freestyle and PISA..

My sil told me the PISA still hv existing warranty but muz decide by tonite.. shucks!

$200 diff in cost.. so dilemma!

zz

he was waiting outside lor. my gynae dont allow cos said got risks of him fainting what not wait save who if the operation has a complication how blah blah...

zz

i recall u said u are those kind got alot of milk one. then the freestyle is good already. (sa said both as strong but forum reviews say PISA still stronger)

but if u are like me - lesser milk kind -then i rather u take the pisa.

cos freestyle - style, light & suits you!

Ranting BB, i aslo noe hw u feel now. MY HB's also not in town but he'll be back 2ml finally. Yippee! Due to work commitments, he was supposed to go in Apr too, but i told him cannot touch Apr. Even tis trip i also din allow him to go one, but bobian. work is work. So he sadi go 3 days only, but these 3 days like eternity for mi. I very sticky n dependent on HB too..everything gotta settle myself now. But luckily his bosses understanding enuf to leave him out for Apr.

At least u have ur #1 to accompany u, time will pass v fast one. Tok to ur #2, tell her to wait for daddy to come home first!

vic ma, i will trf the payment to u later..wats the est 2nd payment like. Any idea? Cani trf full payment to u instead? Lazy to find ATM n q..hehehe

Vic

cost also impt now leh though I did consider PISA heavier too

More diff to carry to work?? Unsure.

I used my sil PISA at strength 4 only

Vic ma - thats why i am seriously considering cooking myself. Granny said da bao also not good. Must go recee some easily to cook and healthy dishes.. Granny also said i cannot eat coconut. so depressed, i only ate 1 so far.. She said must drink shi san tai bao.. anyone drank that?

Cellow - yep, 2nd to 4th mth will be me alone. Unless my mum wants come over everydae else most prob do a weekly grocery shopping then i cook myself loh. Its a challenge but i have to take it lah.. hope i can tahan thru.. and yep, reading up or easy to cook stuff. jia you jia you jia you~

Elmoo - Congrats! hows the experience being awake while C-sec? Scary mah?

HJ - Congrats! Aiyoh, your timeline like very well planned.. i can feel like i am you when i am reading thru your entry!

Re: Backache - today started feeling a tinging slightly painful sensation down my back. Hm.. bu hui bah...

Re: Checklist - like lynn's checklist.

1. More frequent Braxton-Hicks contractions -- check

2. Lingering back pain -- check (only felt it today)

3. Noticing the baby's weight has shifted downward (or the baby dropping into your pelvis) -- none (still kicking my ribcage)

4. Nesting urges - energy spurts or a restless feeling at any hour of the day -- none

5. Some increased cervical discharge -- check

6. Frequent and/or loose bowel movements -- periodic

7. Possible queasy or mild flu-like symptoms -- sore throat, flu and blocked nose these days..

Conclusion: think still safe for the time being..

sgsc

i just drink every other day or when i remember.

of course if u want u can use a fresh tea bag more often in a day to increase the supply as well.

zz my friend 3 kids & very good supply said her PIS original she dont even need max strength still medium only!

SP - haha..ur last line on conclusion part tickled mi...nw everyone's doing own body analysis.

Tink coconut better not drink too much coz too liang, wait bb come out early. Dunno hw true. Im only starting next mth prolly once a week to cleanse bb (not so much white mucous or blood n bb body not so heaty at birth)..

U r also on yr own aft confinement? coz i dun wanna stay on at MIL house aft tat. Rather go own home n do wat i wan. BUt im not like u, dunno hw to cook...so better dun anyhow try n find tingkat for everyone's benefit. hehehhe

SP

cook yourself is surely the best. my MIL COoks everyday. but she only does meat marketing once a week or so. She painstakenly washes the meat & veg nicely once she reaches home - freezes in COOK size portions.

once thawed her fish she steams dont really have fishy smell.

abit of planning la to the grocery & logistics of the Cooking. Sometimes we also make extra chicken stock & freeze in bean curd or the round take away containers size. Then when she wants to fry a noodle or what she will thaw 1 portion & it gives the noodles a nice taste to it too.

save time & energy - the magic pot (la gorumet brand will do) also helps we use it to COok Rice, Soups & sometimes even gravy meats.

I freeze chicken stock also for my girl so that my maid can whip up a noodle for her with soup anytime.

once a while just take a break da bao is OK la.

sgsc

dont mind me saying - but its good to start to learn how to cook abit. once your baby is weaning the skill will come to good use.DIY is cheaper safer, more wholesome too.

same like breast feeding. the feeling of the ability to provide for our baby - precious.

vic ma, no talent in cooking lei..give mi n someone same sets of food n seasoning to cook, im sure i'll fail big time. dunno y..hahah

unless i dun hiam lor. but tink during ML wif bb, dun wanna stress myself cooking, shld steal some sleep as much as i can wif all the latchingn pumping, i sure bad mood oredi, much less cook.

But bb food shldbe fairly easy, jus grind or mash n put in fridge. tat one i noe! ;p

haha..u also stil in office. im leaving too liaoz...gotta tabao food home coz HB not ard...*sob sob*..

oh yah! need trf $$ too...nearly forgot tat! ;p

Eeeks, so many ants.. is it gng to rain?

SG_SC - i also duno how to cook well. Simple ones can lah, but imagine, later still must wash the utensils and crockery.. yep yep, must divide into cook size portions, best is can plan ahead. My mum & MIL working so no choice, have to depend on myself. =)

Vicma - thanks for the advice.. i can look thru some websites liao. The website below not bad.

http://www.noobcook.com/

Re: hubby overseas

I am very used to it cos it's the same since we started courtship as he was army officer and had to stay in camp most of the week. This is his 2nd job after leaving army, and it's been about 4yrs, so naturally more jobs come in and he has to fly more.

If I really need someone around during birth, when he is away, then maybe look for my mum lor. But according to his current schedule, he should be home about a week before 18 Apr.

I already have back-up plans so no worries there.

Re: cooking

home-cooked food is the best lar. Start with simple dishes first like fried rice, steamed egg, etc. During my last pregnancy, I got addicted to a kind of Thai porridge where they cook the porridge and added ingredients like minced meat, tomatoes and cabbages. I cooked that everyday.

I also never learn cooking from my mum. Usually if I like something I will just trial and error until I get the taste and texture correct. Now I collect recipes from mags like Simply Her.

Hi Mummies,

Been busy all day and only just managed to log in.

HJ and Elmoo: Congrats on the arrival of your babies.

Went to see doc today for my painful fingers and was diagnosed with carpal tunnel syndrome! Apparently it strikes quite a lot of pregnant women but the good thing is most women recover completely post pregnancy. Have been prescribed rest and given mc till my maternity leave starts.

What? MC for painful hands??? I should have told my gynae long ago!

Anyway congrats to all the new mommies.. the babies are coming fast now.. I am praying that my stays in there for a while longer..

cooking:

i will have to cook once CL left cos need to cook dinner for #1 too after he return from cc.

#2 delivery is faster?

i hope not leh. i still got 1 month to go, not prepare to deliver so soon. #1 was delivered 4 days before edd. will go on HL 1 week before edd.

zz,

you still can't decide on your pump?

KDD: Tell your doc abt your painful hands when you go for your next consultation. Don't just ignore the condition. My doc said in some women it gets so bad that they cannot hold onto items. I rushed to see the doc becos I was afraid I will not be able to carry my baby properly if the pain worsens. Take care!

siew ping : no need to bring any food,my dear.They wont let you eat anything anyway.I had a natural w/epi last year and they would only let me have controlled amounts of water / ice chips.

That's why they make sure you clear your bowels before you head to the delivery suite.Also, you will have a catether in you for your pee...

That's why most mummies will eat (usually macdonalds or something super yummy and sinful) before they head to the hospital.

=]

sp she more scared i dont want to sleep with her.

I know c sect cannot la like all surgeries. Cannot even drink maybe just sips to wet the lips only.

Maybe yr family member can bring something once u have popped.

Maybe those who did natural can share more. I understand sg hosp very ks they dont want u to shit and poop all over the hosp delivery suite. So i think is no food lor.

But aust can. My freind had chicken essence and chocolate bars to give her energy to push.

Food - No food then where got energy for us to push? Imagine labour >10 hrs kind, then hungry how? Must loon ah?

Ranting BB, haha..same here. I also always cut out those baking recipe, waiting for ML hope got time bake.

Siew Ping, yalor, coz dunno wat to eat n nothing to do at home, so jus stay office n chit-chat wif colleague...nua ard...

Hi all,

Anyone have any link that sell diapier bag organizer? Thinking of getting it. Previous link I got from our thread was the family mall one but no reply from her. Any other link?

sg_sc : either you'll be too numb from the epi or too preoccupied with the contractions to focus on your hunger. =]

i remember i sent hubby out to buy subways for me while i took my shower before heading to the hospital at night.hehehe.a friend of mine ordered mcdelivery while she got ready at 5am to go to the hospital.

Tiny bubu, i hope so, coz since i preggy i cant stand hunger liaoz, hungry means must eat immed, else body feels uncomfy. Dunno if u ever experience tat. whahahaha..like the last meal like tat! but seems like midnite labour, then wont have much choices liaoz.

Joelle, not into diaper bag organiser so cant help. But perhaps u try searching frm the bulk purchase thread or overseas spree...tink they do have such spree most times.

Experienced mommies, my mum jus called mi to tell mi she bought those white rice wine for mi to bathe during confinement. OMG!! Have any of u heard of this? Tot rice wine for cooking one? n she say no wine smell...jus mix into warm water n bathe.

Btw, if we use herbs kinda wash during confinement, need to use our norm shower foam n shampoo still? Then use the herb water to wash off or jus herb water to pour over our bodies can liao? Blur lei...

thanks ladies for the concern.

things btw my mum and me has worsened and i'm just sick and tired of everything. i'm resigned to the fact that everyone have their own house and family to take care of and i'll just mind mine and dun disturb others. usually the only daughter in the family has a lot of priviliges but guess it's not meant to be for me. not everyone has the best of all relationships and i'll count my blessings for my loving hubby and sons.

i can't wait to give birth. feel so tired, round and slow. so physically handicapped. can't wait to be up and about.i feel guilty for being like this for #2 but really can't help it. dunno how some hv 5 and 6 continuously.

juye

just saw her on mon. will be seeing her on 5 apr again. i'll be at 37 weeks and she said she'll be doing and internal examination.guess it's VE.

Celia Toh (shappie),

not sure ley, my strep b also clear... only know the result 2 days later.. but i don use feminine wipe la, coz my v very sensitive and i changed panty liner very often, like 3-5 daily...

btw, my bb is 3.3kg today at week 38.. asking about induce but dr said it is still fine, waiting for bb to make the call....

so wanna ask, when will gynae suggest for inducing ah?

Can't sleep since 1+am. Having bad indigestion problem - felt like the food i took around 7pm still lingering around my chest and throat area. But I have not been eating alot already and basically non oily type of food. Been like this for the past few nights. Than back aching also cum i think maybe is kinda of cramp or hungry feeling on my tummy - not sure if it's contraction tho'.. But yup hungry feeling but indigestion problem.

On step B, I have it in last pregnamncy. This time round gynae say he would just administer without testing - is this a normal procedure? I think i better ask him again tomorrow when i see him cos i tot every pregnancy might be different...

lucida : i just spent 30 mins lying awake in bed before i decided to get up.having bad back pains + menstrual like cramps.had tons of braxton hicks during the day but no bhc now.i'm 34 + weeks.what do you think i should do?

Hubby too will be flying off on Sunday morning, will be back only on next Thursday. Somemore gynae will also be flying off on Friday, coming back next Saturday. EDD on the 9 April. Is my 3rd little one. How? Everyone not around??? Hope this one will be as good as the first two who arrive on the EDD itself.

Stay happy [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Do visit this thread , nice disney baby gift set

http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/581296/3761622.html?1269375141

Vic ma : Pls help update if u can... Im having a gal, edd 12apr, gynae Dr Vincent Lee and will deliver at TMC...

Lucida : Im in my 37th weeks, also no strep B test done so far lei...

tiny bubu : As for red dates tea, according to my CL besides red dates and dried longans, add some dang shen and optional wolfberries...

ashleybb : thanks babe!will note that down.

the back pain and the cramps are so annoying.i cant go back to sleep.i'm going to wait it out till 5.30am.if pain doesnt subside,will take a quick shower and cab it down to tmc.will also need to wake up helper so she can keep an eye on c1 who is still sleeping in my room.

hi mummies, managed to come online again before baby comes in for feeding. wah it's been the most tiring night ever. my arms are aching from all my pushing as though i did 100 pull ups in the labour ward.

mabbe coconuts do work after all. i drank quite alot of coconuts but labour is still 7 hrs ... not 2 hrs. yeah real contractions are very different from bhc. and an epidural doesnt hurt at all compared to a contraction. hubby was with me and he looked as exhausted as me.

as for babies teeth, it's good to start cleaning their gums with a cloth since young. this gets them used to having something in their mouth. they will have their first teeth about 6 mths old. a finger brush will be more useful during that period of time. American pediatric dental association recommends to see a dentist before the baby 1st birthday to make sure all development are normal. usually i see kids about 18 mths old ... and mummies who are bottle feeding, please avoid leaving milk bottles over night for kids. this is a very bad habit because it creates early childhood decay. worse still, never put acidic drinks or sweet drinks and let them suckle for long. before u know it, all their teeth will decay and it will be a nightmare.

side note, i am quite grateful to the labour ward nurses in TMC. i think they are of much help during the whole process and had quite alot of nurses tending to u. the confinement food is ok ... lactaction consultant has visited me a couple of times already but latching is not easy. baby sometimes get agitated and use him gums to bite me instead. ouch! but nothing compared to labour pain again. it's a joy to see our bundle of joy.

mummie who haven given birth hang in there. hope u all have a smooth delivery too.

Back