(2010/04) April 2010 mtb

maid holding out for increment

if you can, call their bluff. tell them they can always go out to look for new employer. 1sttimepapa and bbdust, you gotta psycho your maid now that your home environment with only one child to look after is very good already. go to new environment sekali their new boss got 3 or 4 children, plus housework to do!

charismama,

hang in there! the sickness will pass! shoo shoo all germs away.

rurucat,

when they are older... say like 2 years later... you can bring them along w you to nearby countries within SE Asia. my mum tells me, the days with children are long, but the years are short. so those years will pass by in a flash. endure now, enjoy later [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

(i dun hope for my boys to sponsor me on overseas trip, i only hope they are independent and dun come and ask me for money once they graduate from formal schooling)

Car seat in taxi with stroller

all i can say is WOW!

maddie,

ok this makes me look v selfish. but if i were in gbh's shoes, i wouldnt bother to teach the other toddler. why should i? chi li bu tao hao. i have my own children to teach already v siong, where to find the time and energy to teach other pple's children.

just keep todB's expensive toys away when the other todd comes around.

you know, i havent actually seen C2 stop himself yet... but maid tells me there was once he was heading towards the power point, stopped, said no no to himself using his whole palm (fine motor skills not that advanced, unable to use just one index finger)

C2's current obsessions

wiping surfaces with tissue/cloth, throwing things into/out of containers, dancing to elmo dvd music (and also trying to switch on my dvd/cd player). i vaguely rem C1 doing the same at this stage.

maid complaint

just received call fm aunt.... maid let C2 chew on the bottle covers, which is really quite yucks. aunt thinks this maid is too task oriented. scared she cannot finish her work. so anything that keeps C2 quiet, she will use. hmmm. when MIL comes tonight, must tell her to watch maid like hawk (i am sure she will anyway, without me telling her :p)

cellow: well, if this tod is going to be visiting daily and playing with my dg and her toys, then i may try to teach lor. good for my dg to see also that everyone gets same treatment. else how come i get smacked for this and the other kid gets away with it. of course if i got no time and just want a break then let mom go and handle la. =P

todM also is currently into putting things in and out of containers, open and close lid of tupperware, spread out cloth. this alone, when good mood can occupy her for 20 min. whee!

i also happy when my maid stay with MIL or when my mom comes to stay. got extra pair of watchful eyes. am sure yr MIL will have things to point out abt yr maid and house and hopefully, cellow will not get upset =D

wondermoms: yup saw a angmo mom singlehandedly bring 3 boys all less than 5 to playgym. one baby in stroller that she CARRIED up a flight of stairs with other two boys in tow!

cellow

she said she is going home to take a break then come back again so if she wants to come back, she will inform me. i think she knows she is indispensable in the family cos really if she dont take care of todl, my MIL cannot make it.

celyn

got me loh. thinking whether i shld buy 1-2 pc of long sleeve PJ for todl for aussie leh cos its winter there but I tink the hotel shld be quite toasty bah how leh. hmmm

Hi Maddie,

Yes, she worked 10mths for an Indian family with 4 sons. She said the Grandma is the type who nags and nags and breathes down her neck all the time. I guess she is used to this style of supervision? So now asking her to be independent, she cannot really do it? I am also not sure.

She is just very easy-going and will give the silly smile when u scold her, haiz... She is also quite young, 23 years old and single, so taking care of young child also zero experience. I am thinking of giving her another 5 weeks to try out, if cannot, really must change maid liao.

Maid's woes, really never ending. The smart and experienced ones want pay increase, more freedom etc etc... the fresh ones teach until we vomit....

bbdust,

no need bah. if hotel got heater, don't bother loh. my 2 babies wear sleevesless and shorts to sleep in japan leh. i on air con somemore loh, only sleep half way, hubby will switch to heater cos he super scare of cold. then i wake up due to heat, i will scold him. ahahah....

celyn

then on plane leh what they wear, sometimes plane like abit cold, i scared go up mountain cold cold at nite and the heater take long time to heat up LOL.

bbdust,

on plane, i just let them wear normal long sleeves. standby jacket, mitten, cap for them to wear when we touch down in japan. i never wrap them by bak zhang on the plane. i have pic in fb.

how big is he? if you want, i can lend you some. i have those you wear inside one too. all pack in storage now. all long sleeves are no use here.

celyn

oh okie he dont have long sleeve. must go buy liao. tks for the offer but i already got all the winter clothes from my SIL liao [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbdust,

no problem. cos i borrowed some long sleeves from friends too and bought a bit. so now even normal long sleeves are just sitting there waiting to be given away when they outgrow loh. my kids are always in sleeveless just like mummy. hahaha.....

bbdust,

really loh. when he was like 6 months old, i bought a sleeveless top with a eagle in front. then hubby and me were saying, he look like loan shark if he wear thick long gold chain with it loh. hahaha......

today only 2 of us very free, chat here.

bbdust,

she whole day never come in liao. i'm eating ice cream, yu xi just wake up, whining in cot. but i want to finish ice cream before i save her. hahaha....

just peep at her, she is still lying down, hugging bolster. stop whining liao. going to leave her there till she cry for 'help' then appear in front of her. hahahah....

WAh lao.. my hub's friend's wife though I'm pregnant with #2!!! WAH LAO WAH LAO.. I wanna jump down from office building!

bbdust,

zap zap..... zzzz... zap zap.... zzzzzz.......

she is a sleeping beauty lah. no sleep super grouchy one. she whine right, i go carry her out, she still whine and super buay song. i put her back in the cot to let her sleep a bit more. she got 2 naps a day. 1 at around 9am for 1 hour. 2nd one at 12/1pm till about 3 or 4pm.

celyn

that is very good leh, my boy hates to sleep leh, at max he can only sleep 1 hour to 1 1/2 hrs but most of the times when i m not at home its only 10-15 mins of power nap and he can tahan for 5-6 hrs till nite time aiyohhhhhh

bbdust,

this girl hoh, if she wants to sleep, nothing can stop her. she can just pong and fall asleep at anyplace and anytime loh. later on at 730pm or so, she will be grouchy again and wants to sleep liao.

celyn

really an easy easy baby. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] that is what all parents wished for hee. aiyoh if only todl is like that then everything will be a breeze [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbdust,

i got a fair share of tough baby loh. gor gor is not so easy loh. gor gor wake up at the slightest sound when he was a baby. no need to nap also. must carry to sleep, sleep on mummy.

celyn

hee that is why they say if u kena one difficult, the nxt one could be easy. so far i asked around seems like the case haha. so i hope my #2 will be easy peasy. a milk monster and can sleep everywhere, anytime and can sleep on his own [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

ah yz like todl leh no need to nap de loh power napper and always crawl onto me to zz. can only put him back to bed when he is in deep sleep haha

she is teh baoing... papa now. cry once hubby put her down. hahahah.... now she is stuck to hubby liao. cannot sit down also.

bbdust,

yah, cannot tahan yu ze at all. but babysitter say he sleep a lot at her place loh. so we conclude cos he wants to play with us whenever we are around so don't want to sleep. but mummy want to rest loh so mummy start sleep training for him. :p

afternoon all

so tired, doing a translation.. ( '_' )"

yesterday my colleague heard 'someone' singing near my workdesk. tat means near her too la.. Eeeeeee

Ru Ru cat - noted. Cellow- right that's the risk she has to take. Moreover I've told her if she renew her contract, it will be thru me with no agency n will save her loan. Anyway, if she want to use this round to get unreasonable increment. I will say sorry. My mom kept on asking me to give her 450 as this this norm. She is now getting 350 as she was very new when working with us.

HJ/Celyn/bbdust,

Hmm I'm not that slim but neither do I look pregnant... errr maybe the bulging tummy but what I'm angry is........ I dont even know her well to think she starts MSN-ing my hub to ask how come I'm so fat and.. she's not SLIM either!

1sttimepapa,

I m giving mine 380 w one day off per month. Inc fm 350 when she first came. She has 4 years of SG experience some more. Inc too much makes them think we Must rely on them. Pls tell your mum no need to inc at one shot.

Celyn, bbdust,

Haha you 2 talking only ah...

Orangey,

Can you tell your hb that such untactful remarks are not welcome? Best persuade him to unfriend this person too

Maddie,

I'm not around to hear mil's comments. Hehe.

After London trip then say. Anyway my maid really needs watching. Quite sotong one de

cellow,

Hub's friend's wife who thought she very gam with my hub cause her hub used to be quite close with my hub but cannot stand her hub also lah. Everytime call my hub "di" WAH LAO... I have goosebumps everytime he goes DI.

orangey: IGNORE her!!

1sttimepapa: i'm also giving mine 380 when she has no off day, 360 with off day.

planning to follow cellow advice increase her pay by small amt, when near bb due date. tell her cos she has to work harder and do more work. (wanted to increase to preempt any demands but also don't want to encourage her, esp since her recent scolding). she has been with us almost one year. so far haven't start to talk abt renew contract yet. i presume we will still have to let them go back 2 weeks even if they want to continue with us?

orangey

once a man is married I feel its wrong to have a pet name for him - unless he is my younger brother or cousin - family is like -BO BIAN la.

& esp if she herself married liao -then rather GROSS lor. she dont care what pple think of her - she should spare a tot for her hb & your hb as well lor.

1st timepa

$450 OMG she got 10 yrs working experience? asking for the moon - people i know getting that rate have to work REALLY hard & standard must be very good then they get this rate.

hi mummies

hows everybody? ytd wanna login to see posts but cant access this thread... arrrghhhh...

this early morn went goat n bullfrog farm with fren n her kids... only one morning n we all shagged out by afternoon i slp till 7pm n todd B woke up at 8pm! we all came bk to my place to bath n have lunch n the kids played tog while my fren n i chit chat... what bliss!!!

morning mummies [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

orangey

i will ignore her loh.

1sttimepapa

my helper got 4 yrs of sg experience, given 380 plus one off day, i dont intend to give her 450 at one shot to make her stay. maybe dangle the carrot slowly.

Back