(2010/03) March 2010 mtb

Just a cake cutting in school for mikkel's bday. i very bad. with 3 kids, bday parties are really the last thing in my mind. oops!

Mirthy, yes God will bless you over there. US sprees, wow good idea. heh...

Monday got cda validation, april got EV. gosh! this year so interesting.

Sky, it'll be nice to have some playdates at indoor playground or beach or something. But everyone's so busy, like u mentioned...

joy and jules... haha US Spree ah... i dun think i hv the time or capacity, with a tod and babe, think my hands would be full. but if u gals need anything, i can help u buy if we happen to be out shopping at outlets but er... shipping how? i'm clueless abt shipping

re: biting

any of ur tods started biting pple? over the weekend, my SIL caught Isaac trying to bite her and domestic helper on 2 separate occasions, when he was reprimanded or not allowed to do something/ go out to the garden.

When he realised he cldn't bite the other person, he then bit his own finger.

Is this a phase? I had not seen such behaviour when i'm with him. and my first thought- he must've picked it up fr sch.

Hey hey... I'm back in Singapore! And still coughing away.

It seems the lil one's childcare went on the news for HFMD when we were not around. Actually we heard from ppl in the neighbourhood abt the cases and we're just really thankful that we happened to take a trip last week. She's back at school today. Keeping my fingers crossed that she'll be healthy.

Biting,

We'ved caught her biting her own fingers on several occasions. Still doing it when she thinks nobody's watching.

Mirthy,

No need to step out for shopping. Look out for free shipping on Internet purchases [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

But then again, nothing quite beats the fun of physical shopping.

Sign up for those Carter's, Old Navy etc e-newsletters. They often have discount coupons for their stores. That's how I saved 25% shopping at Premium Outlets last time.

Poohgal, thx for the handy tips! U stayed in SFO for a period of time? I was there for honeymoon.. Loved the huge American breakfasts [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but I think I'm so gonna miss prata, laksa, fried kway teow, Prawn noodles soup n of coz chicken rice!

Isaac started putting his fingers in his mouth when he saw his baby bro doing it.

But nw, he's bites onto his finger(s) in retaliation/ out of frustration. Just gotta educate n correct him I guess

Hfmd: there's just no way we can really shield our kids fr it rite? It's quite scary... Coz of the long incubation period. I rem my fren's daughters caught the virus coz they went for a swim with other children, n 1 of the other children was diagnosed with it soon after the swim.

Mirthy,

No lah... Hahaha... I just go there for holiday but I subscribe to those newsletters so that's how I noticed such discounts.

Stock up on PrimaDeli pre-packs. If you like bak kut teh M'sia-style, then stock up on the brand A1.

Hehehe... If you take pork innards, then I think they shd be quite cheap over there. When I stayed overseas, I used to cook pig stomach soup frequently cos the locals don't eat them.

Poohgal, hmmm thats a great idea! Hard work to clean the stomach proper tho. I gotta take a 2 mth crash course on cooking all the various Chinese dishes starting next wk ;)

Going to the land of Dim Sum tmr [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] have a great week everyone!

Hi mommies!! How is everyone?

In a blink of eye most of them have turn 2 years old!! Happy belated birthday to those who had their celebrations and Happy birthday to those who have yet to celebrate!

Hope everyone is good.. I am very busy with both plus tons of things at work..

Take Care!

Hi Mummies!

Just started my new job this week. Had to drop E off at cc earlier as such. It's the 3rd day and I'm so proud that she's been so understanding. Never cry when I drop her off [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

And I'm really lucky that the whole team is on course and they asked me to join them! Honeymoon week for now, but it'll be back to reality next week.

Hi mummies!

it;s been a long time since i logged on, how's everyone? seems quiet too...

babee: good for u! look like E is getting used to cc. =) all the best to your new job!

mirthy: hope u had a fab time at dim sum land! =) photos looking good!

Elise, thx for the bdae wishes.. U take care too!

Poohgal, enjoy ur honeymoon week [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Wf: Katelyn's looks like such a sweetie! Thx, it was an interesting trip, wif my parents n my mil. Hehe... Don't think we'll do that again anytime soon... Had to manage grp dynamics, plan itinery keeping in mind the boys' naptimes, n basically, take care of 5 dependents for 5 days.

Hi mommies!!!

I missed all of you! Hows everybody???

Finally Heidi's very settled in her cc and I've gotten used to the new routine of cooking for her dinner in the morning and then sending her to CC, picking her up and feeding her before my hub arrives to send us home. What a nightmare but we are all in routine now.

Shall we organise another outing soon? Now that our tods are so much more interactive and playful. Suggestions are:

1) http://www.petite-papillon.com/playhouse/

2) Outdoor picnic at Botanic garden

3) Picnic at Esplanade (good place for them to run around, if have free performance going on even better)

Let me know if you are interested! Or if small group then we can go for those indoor playground.

Punggol waterfront is pretty good too. I'm staying away from botanicals for a while. Neighbour's stay home toddler may have gotten HFMD from there.

seredipity, is it botanic garden itself or Jacob Bellas Children garden that your neighbour's tod got HFMD?

I am also thinking of the train playground new Tiong Bahru market....

TorayMe,

Thanks for sharing the link. Usually I go to Changi Beach cos sometimes we have to wait for hubby to finish work on weekends.

We went to Sengkang park on Saturday. What a quaint little place. There's a cafe there as well, so maybe that's an option for playdate too.

Okay... Time to send this laptop downstairs to install SAP. I'm supposed to teach SAP in the new semester. Stress stress... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hello mummies! Hope all are well and good with the kiddos!

Torayme, playgroup will be fun! But guess I can only join after I pop.....if there is any, hope I can join too! =)

BabyL, of course there will be more chances to come! When is your edd? So excited for you! Ur bb is so lucky! Hahaha Owen so cute wor..亲上加亲 with Elise.

TorayMe,

Now that you've mentioned it - it's really 亲上加亲.

I can do playdates on weekends before Sept. I'll be off to the land of no Google & FB then. Hopefully will still hv SMH forum.

Oh btw, has any Mummy tried the revamped Huggies Ultra Pants for their tots yet? We stocked up on the old pull-ups. Now wondering how the new Ultra Pants feel.

Mommies, free performance on Jacob Bellas Children's Garden this sunday.

http://www.sbg.org.sg/calendar/regisform.asp?ID=708

Event Selected : German Handbell Choir - Shining Bells ''Handglockenchor Huttenberg'' (Sun)

Date : 08/04/2012

Time : 1030am - 12pm

Venue : Jacob Ballas Children's Garden

Content : We host this specially for children in the Jacob Ballas Children's Garden.

The "Shining Bells" belong to the German Handbellchoir "Handglockenchor Hüttenberg", located in Hessen, near Frankfurt. The 13 ringers are 15 to 27 years old and the younger ringers have an experience of 5 years now. The group originates from a workshop at the secondary school: "Gesamtschule Schwingbach". The group varied over time and now the ringers are looking forward to their first concert tour abroad in this constellation from March 29 to April 14.

Last year they recorded their own CD that was launched in October. This CD and also those of former handbell groups will be sold during their concert tour.

Torayme, thanks! I am excited too! My EDD is 2 May but if Mon checkup n gynae wanna induce me then off i go pop pop pop! In so much pain lately with frequent BHCs.

BabeE n Toray, yeah! Matchmate Owen with my #2 liao! Lol!!!

BabeE, i bought 1 pack of the new green Huggies, is it new? Havent tried it though. Bought coz of promotion! Haha!

BabyL! Ur #2 will be 1-2 days earlier than my bday...Hahahaha....May is a great month! A lot of movie block busters! Everyone is waiting for The Avengers on May 4th!

Toray, wah! Will be close to ur bday if i really pop on Tue! Fingers crossed! Just hope a smooth delivery! Its been so long since i last catch a movie, hope can go par tor with hub, hahaha!

BabyL,

remember to rest more and drink chicken essence before you pop. Are you getting a confinement lady this round?

Toray, Yeah! Prepared chix essence in the bag liao! All set to go tomorrow but i chicken feet, scared now! I got a CL.... The one i booked backed out few wks back, saying got personal issue. Managed to get 1 from a May mummy who give up hers coz of her new hse... Not sure gd anot though... Fingers crossed!

Thanks CC! Just read ur post... Glad popping over and now another stage of taking care of newborn all over again! Hope i can handle 2, haha!

BabyL,

Have faith in yourself. You can do it! The little one looks so cute. And has so much hair too! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Sianz.... just read CNA yest that HFMD on the rise again.

I feel this virus is like a blue chip stock.... up and down...

Hi everyone, I am new here, my girl is coming 25 mths soon, just this Jan her routine is out, she is refusing to nap or sleep early in the night, some frens suggest putting her to a preschool to put her on a routine again. Anyone has good playground or childcare to recommend? I am in woodlands, thanks.

Hi, my 1st msg to post in this forum.

My gal coming to 27 mths..thinking of sending her to Chinese enrichment lessons and musical instrument course.

Any good recommendations from mummies?

Gee... the thread has been quiet for more than a month! How's everyone getting along?

Hi mummies,

Sorry for interruption.

Anyone kids attending Sunflower child care?

I have 2 sets of uniform and 2sets of pe attire to sell...

Pls pm me for more info.

All brand new.

Thank you.

Oopssss.... Bwahahahaha.... Felt bored grading assignments. Popped in here to take a look.

Moving him to 2 hour classes weekdays next year at apple tree. But till now he still refuses to attend classes unsupervised. Worried....

Back