(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Lilac, for food, i brought along baby food in pouch form. There are a few brands available in the market (ella's kitchen, plum, etc). I also noticed that NTUC has brought in a few other brands in pouch form lately. Just stand the pouch in a bowl of hot water and it's ready to be served. As i visited my brother overseas, I also made him stock up food for me to make porridge when i was there. :p

I also bought the disposable milk powder bags. It's very useful. You just need to scoop the desired milk powder quantity in the bags and bring it out with you. I use the milk powder bags to store cereal as well so that i can feed him cereal for breakfast when we are outside.

I didn't do anything special for his sleeping time... just brought along his pillow and bolster. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi freesia, where did u buy the disposable milk powder bags? i'm going on a trip this week.. and the powder bags seem like a convenient choice.

Mummies,

sorry to distub, any preloved bumbo seat with tray for sale?

prefer to pickup near sengkang.

pls PM me the condition, color, price.

Hello Mommies, anyone tried mushrooms for baby alr...?? I tried to add in mushrooms for Cherish porridge, then later that night she vomitted everything out... Mushrooms not digested... Hmmmm.... think I will stop mushrooms for now... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Happiness

Late Morning!

Tried mushroom on Kiefer before and he fall sick!

Dun know whether is it sth wrong wif it and hav stopped feeding him since then! ;(

Wanna ask ya.. Are u the one buying crayola for Cherish or that i rem wrongly..? Hahahah

Lovie : I did not buy her crayola. But I am intending to buy the Aqua Pens for her to doodle. Can be wash off. I saw a Taiwan program, have this pen that can only draw on paper, other surface, the ink would not come out.

But stupid me forget to take dwn the brand...[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] now searching on the net and see if i can find, if not i will most prob buy the Aqua Pens.

Will keep you posted ya?!

Oh ya, somemore food tried... Gerber came out with this freeze dried fruits. I bought a packet. Apple fruits bites. Supposingly is a healthy snacks. Cherish seems to love it [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but the thing is, my HB loves it too... so both of them sharing 1 pkt [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] need to go buy another packet liao... U go try too [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Happiness: I bought this snack too yesterday.. yet to let her try... think I will also love it...haha... and it is not cheap also ler...

Happiness

I tot u bought Crayola! Hehe..

Hope u'll get Aqua Pens!

Can then share wif me abt it's usefulness then.

I havent had the chance to go NTUC & buy Rafferty [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hope to go there this week.

Saw the ad abt the new Gerber Fruit snack..

Looks tempting.. Hehe..

Having lots trouble wif Kiefer nowadays! Am so fed up! He's so active but yet refuse to listen when told of dangers! Argh!!!

hi mummies..

gg to bring my gal to pd tmr.. if she's declared gd to take jab (coz she's hving running nose, slight cough n sounds got phlem), she'll b taking mmr... still undecided to give her mmr or mmrv... any views?

Lovie: what did kiefer do? Cherish is also driving me crazy. She is very difficult now too. N I realise she is teething, 5 teeth at the same time ... Out of the 5, 2 is the molar teeth... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Bbin: usually the pd will no give vaccination if bb is not well but u can chk with yr pd again. Cherish has alr gotten her mmr jab. I knw there are plenty of rumours abt mmr causing autism going around. But there are no med proof abt it. Only speculations. Dun be too worried [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

bbin : my pd suggest we do MMR and varicella vaccine seperate. i did not broach on the subj with the PD then because we have already discuss and decide to seperate the jab for Cherish. Reason is : MMR is a live vaccine and so is Varicella. MMR jab itself will cause low grade fever and rashes for some babies but fever and brusing of the jab area is more common. Combining both together may be a little too much for their little body since both are live vaccines. There are chances of them developing high fever. And we did not want to take the chance. But this is my personal opinion after i did my own "research". I may or may not be correct.

Cherish did develop fever 9 days after her MMR jab. But it only persist for 2 days. Thank God. It was between the range of 38-39 degrees celsius.

Jesline: I started my gal on stage 3 shortly after she turn 12 mths. It may be important to give milk when they wakes in the morning n b4 bedtime. But Cherish does take milk in the middle of the day too. What's the reason for only 2 feed?

Bbin: Just to share... Chloe developed high fever for almost a week + after her MMR jab but PD commented it was due to throat infection and not caused by the jab...

On a separate topic, is ZX going to the little skool house @ Alexandra? Can't remember which mummy mentioned b4 abt this...

Hi, I started stage 3 abt 13 mth. For now his intake will be

8am - 240 ml milk

11 am - porridge

1 to 3 - sleep

3 pm - 240 ml milk

5 pm - purée

7pm - porridge

9.30 - 240 ml

Freesia/Happiness: Chloe took MMR. We are not sure why she developed such a high fever, first time since she was born. The fever last for a week + in the range of 38-39.6

We were very worried so brought her to KK and doctor took blood test and x-ray on her and diagnosed that she got virus infection. Can't do anything but continue antibiotic, paracetamol, running nose and coughing medicine. After about 2 weeks then she is ok.

Cloh: understand. Quite traumatic for us when they are sick. When Cherish got Roseolla during cny, her temp rose so fast we were caught off guard. She was fine with like 38degree... Half hr later 40 degrees. I was horrified so hv to send her to kkh. She was given rather immediate attention cause she was measured 42 degrees when we did the registration. It was really a horrible scare...

When they are sick, it's us mommies who are heartpain till can't sleep.

Happiness

Been bringing him kaikai nowadays and that it taken a toll on his feeding and nap time thus he's cranky.. ;( But heiz.. Cant be helped lah coz it's impossible to keep him grounded at hm..

Can i ask at wat age is appropriate for MMR / MMRV?

Happiness: oh dear..we mummy definitely freaking out seeing the LO's fever at 42 degree... and really heart pain seeing her being placed on the x-ray bed.. cried like mad[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

--- On Tue, 10/5/11, Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]> wrote:

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) <[email protected]>

Subject: Outings for the Underprivileged Children

To: "Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network)" <[email protected]>

Date: Tuesday, 10 May, 2011, 11:22

Dear all

We are still short of sponsors and volunteers for the outings arranged for the Underprivileged children, below is the updated numbers :

No. of Children Sponsor : 12

No. of Volunteers : 6

We hope to have about 45 children and 35 volunteers to come along for this Ice Cream Making Workshop, for those who can help, do get back to me by 15 May 2011 so we will have sufficient time to send out the flyers to the children.

In the event we are unable to get sufficient sponsors, we will cancel the outing and will refund those who have sponsored so you can use the funds to reach out to others instead.

Thank you

Regards

Charles Tan

Volunteer Resource Network

Email : [email protected]

URL : www.vrnetwork.org

From: Charles Tan (Volunteer Resource Network) [mailto:[email protected]]

Sent: Thursday, 5 May, 2011 11:09 AM

Subject: June Holiday Programme for the Children

Dear all

We will be resuming our outings for the children from the low income family this June after taking a break last Dec. This coming June, we plan to bring the kids to downtown east for an Ice Cream Making Workshop and have Ice Cream Buffet there as well, below are the details :

Event : Ice Cream Making Workshop + Ice Cream Buffet

Date : 18 June 2011 (Saturday)

Time : 10am to 2pm (Tentative)

Venue : Downtown East

Meeting point : Daybreak Family Service Centre

Blk 855 Yishun Ring Road Training Wing

(5 mins walk from Khatib MRT Station )

Targeted number of Children : 45

Volunteers required : 25

The cost for each child is about $35.00 which will cover the cost of the event, including lunch and cookie packs for each child. We hope each of you can sponsor at least one child for the trip, we will also need some volunteers to join us for the trip to take care of the children and help them out during the ice cream making workshop when we are there.

For those who would like to sponsor, you can mail a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle”, indicate “VRN June” and mail it to :

Maple Lifestyle

195 Pearl’s Hill Terrace

#01-32

Singapore 168976

Please let us know the details of your cheque such as bank, cheque number and amount via email if you are sending by cheque.

For those who preferred to funds transfer, please do email me separately for the account number to transfer.

Do remember me to update me so I can consolidate the sponsored funds, we will stop accepting funds once we have enough as per our usual practice.

And for those who are keen to volunteer, do provide me with the following particulars :

1) Name

2) NRIC

3) Contact Number

4) Email address

The cost for each volunteer is $38.00, we will likely be getting McDonald Lunch for everyone, if you are a vegetarian, do inform us and we will pack lunch separately for you.

We hope to be able to get your support to sponsor up to a max of 45 children from the low income family group for this trip.

Regards

Charles Tan

Volunteer Resource Network

Email : [email protected]

URL : www.vrnetwork.org

Hi,

Am posting for information as they are short of sponsors and volunteers for the event. Pls liaise with the organiser directly if you are interested in helping out..

Thanks a mil! =)

Cloh : Yes i totally freaked out... but i was lucky, cos thou when we went into the room the doc ran out and brought us in immediately cos of the high temp. But the doc was kind enough and tell us to sponge her ourselves.... for fear that if nurses do it she may cry and vomit all the medication out... and the doc and nurses on duty that day was really very gently... she was suppose to be inserted catheter to draw urine for urine test... but doc give me option, if we can wait just hv to stick a bag to her private part no need catheter.. of cos we wait la.... hahah but she did urine after 1/2 hr... and was sent to lab...when everything was ok... we were allow to go home after 4 hrs is observation ward.... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but YES, the high temp is really scary...

Whoofy : I also check with cherie Hearts before... the cirriculum outline seems not bad... but bcos I'm only looking at half-day and they only have full day CC, so I drop the idea.

Another one that I find not bad is Carpe Diem. But cos also not one near my plc i drop the idea too... But the outline is not bad.

Just my personal opinion ahor. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

The rest I'm not too familiar.

Whoofy, that's a really comprehensive list. Too bad I don't stay in the west , can't comment on the centres.

Why are you asking for 2013 entry? Any plans to start earlier , ie, from playgroup?

Freesia ...

We r still considering whether to place Jolie to toddler when she turns 18mths old. Cos I am still not comfy to let her stay in CC full day at such early age since her immune is not totally build up yet..

Tats why alternatively is to let her go playgroup which is jus 2hrs daily. Den maybe by 2013 when she's 3YO, she can go Nursery 1 and full day at CC..

Another woes is.. I'm now sourcing place for 2013 and alrdy on waiting list.. Seriously.. Dunno if it will be better if I ask for enrollment for toddler in 2012 ?! Haiz...

Whoofy: if you enrol her for toddler in 2012 then 2013 she will then transfer to nursery automatically in the same cc without having to worry abt whether got vacancy or not.

Hey Mummies,

Happy Vesak Day! Just to check..any mummies from FEB 2010 thread ttc or pregnant going to give birth in 2013?

I am still in state of disbelief..i just tested positive..i cant believe i may be having my #2 in Jan 2013.

So just trying to see if there are any mummies with similar fate as me??? Do you guys think its too fast to be having #2??

Good morning,

Sorry MIA for so long.

Anyone interested to emil chou concert? I have 4 $171 tickets to let go. My SIL bought for ILs to watch but they are going on a trip to China.

Date/Time: 28 May 8pm

Seat: Block PC-1 Row 15, Seat 1-4

Willing to let go at multiples of 2s. Registered postage recommended. Please PM me if interested. Thanks.

thanks happi for ur insight... i've decided to give my gal mmr instead of mmrv liao... appt made in jun..

btw forgot to update on the babydel cheese..

lovie & whoofy, thanks so much for helping me 'hunt'.. i finally spotted it in cold storage... but ended up buying another kind (but from same brand) coz promoter say the one i bought is easier to 'stomach' after i told her my gal doesn fancy cheese... in the end? she still doesn like... so i'm gg to give up getting cheese for her (since her mama oso doesn like)... will only stick to yoghurt for nw...

cant remember if i see someone asking me abt cc in here or fb... i originally was put on 'waiting list' in my first skool @ both queenstown n holland branch... but coz of the situation @ home, i hv registered her @ yishun... but i hven 'informed' my first skool n guess wat? till nw i still hven received any calls from them abt confirming a place yet... is the demand really so overwhelming? yishun one (just kids) immediately can confirm liao...

Hi whoofy

Hi-5!

I'm been bothering abt her presch for weeks! Wondering which sch in West side suit her. Thks for the table. Has u finalise on which sch?

Thinking of finding one that she can continue thruout till K2. Then Primary sch will be West Grove(if manage to get in =p) or somewhere in the west.

haha, what a kiasu mum i'm. Haven't find presch, already find pri sch. hehe

Happiness, thanks for replying my msg that is: "I started my gal on stage 3 shortly after she turn 12 mths. It may be important to give milk when they wakes in the morning n b4 bedtime. But Cherish does take milk in the middle of the day too. What's the reason for only 2 feed?"

I've been busy with my new job and totally didn't have a chance to come in here. I am still keeping to 3 feeds of milk, around 230ml, after intro step 3 at 13/14mths. I tot we have to convert to 2 feeds as recommended by the formula can.

Today, took leave to take sonny for MMR jab. Decided not to take the MMRV cos of the possibly of high fever developing is higher compared to MMR. A last minute decision at the clinic after going thro with the doc and also read a blog of a mummy who mentioned that her daughter have constant v high fever and couldn't sleep at nite after MMRV jab. Anyhow, the MMR jab is into his fats and sonny didn't really cry as it is not painful. So it's not too bad a decision even though he go to take seperate jabs for chicken pox.

Jesline : I think the recommended feeds on the milk tin is a guideline ba. Cherish drinks 2 bottles of 180ml daily (once in the morning and once before her bedtime). Then she will drink once or twice during the day, but lesser amount, maybe between 80ml to 120ml.

I also let my girl take the MMR choosing to opt out of the Varicella Jab till later. I was concern about the fact that MMR and Varicella are live vaccine and may cause some reactions. I did not want to take the chance of her developing high fever. Thus I let her take MMR. true enought she develop fever 1 week later. But thank God only low grade fever.

But i suppose it's personal choice. Hee I'm sure you did your read up and researches like me before you decides. Well, we mommies always knows what is best for our kiddo. So just go with what your heart tells you to [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Bubble :

sorry... din hav the time to come in to check on the posting these days..

Nope.. have not confirm any schools for Jolie yet cos non of them came back wif good news of having a vacancy !!

U not KS mom lah. Me & hubby have also discussed before which primary school shld we enrol Jolie liaoz lor !!!

Daddy is from Rulang Primary, so still considering whether wanna put her there or not.. but distance is abit far...

Otherwise there's always tis new primary school coming up in 2012, which is jus located in front of our house !!! Anyway, it's jus merely talks.. still have a few yrs to go before we start worrying which pri sch. By then, the standards of the schools may changed..

heeheee

hi happiness,

MMR will cause fever.....just like my JY.....the fever go up & down.....he dont have appitite to eat & refuse bottle FM.....just wan to latch....been latching him for a long time at night for a few days liao....till my left nipple got sore....shag man

Hi whoofy,

U really do your homework abt the CC.... but fyi....no matter how "strong" the kids are., they will still fall sick when they r new to the cc.... jsut the matter how sick are they only.

Back