(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Celia: no problem. my gyne says MTB feeling nauseous is a good thing for the bb. I guess it is the first step of parental suffering [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

hi All!!!

i'm back.. have been slping the whole day.. *shake head*

lovie, kath: wat legs thingy are u talking abt leh? can share share with mi?

hmmm... i have been drinking honey leh.. somemore manuka one... i feel a little better after drinking leh.. oh, pregnant cannot drink ar?

then yvonne and serene, wat upcoming test do i ve? sigh.. i'm super scare of pain n needles de lor.. now need to do blood test and then the last stage of labour pain, i wonder will i make it thru sia...

tira - ahahah parental suffering... the nausousness is gone.. had prawn noodles for dinner.. it was lousy

i only gagged no puke....

i think i better have some snacks in the office,... when it hit me it was really bad

and my office toilet is not one of the best smelling places

Chris: when you are delivering, i think the pain is so bad u wud not be too worried abt needles. everyone tells me they feel no pain from the injection anyway.

celia: yah, eat slowly. i have a packet of EGO sour plums at my desk. they are the most sour things I can find. but take whatever that helps you. I also found this for MS. Maybe it will help you.

http://www.morningsicknesshelp.com/morning-sickness-cure.html

Whoofy: hehe I also have durians in the fridge. thinking of eating them since hbv is out playing squash :p

Christine - The leg thing is for indigestion. But not crossing ur legs and leaving it normally will help in digestion. Imagine, u're having MS and ur stomach is suffering from indigestion.. POWER!!!

Whoofy - Remember Moderation eh! I only allow myself to have one today as it's a "veggie" day! (Feels lik eating veggie the whole day! Wahahaahahahahahah

1 more thing, any mummies haven't start with their folic acid tablets?

bryest - Currently, im working as a temp for 5 mths. My temp would end in Nov and i would have at least 3 mths rest till i give birth in Feb 25th. U can consider working temp if u dun wan to work full time or can consider finding a part time job if u want to if u wish to share the burden of family! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] If u're still worry, go ahead and stay at home and nurse ur health!

Lovie

I started on my folic acid as soon as tested faint positive... actually wanted to start on folic while TTC...but was lazy... on and off take them.

lovie: i ve started mine when i see gynae in week 6, but stopped it as i was down with sore throat, then gp needs mi to stop all med including milk powder... just start back my folic acid recently.

lynn,

i'm in 8wks 2days now. just feeling nausea on and off. i also had chromosome abnormality for my last miscarriage. it's trisomy chromosome.

how many weeks are u at now?

morning all.. Bryest: my fren removed her cyst during her 1st trimester last time, her baby came out ok too. i thk not to worry ? ur gynae will tell u what to do

Hi

Pls update my latest EDD-19Feb2010. Dr Adrian said 6th week now. Last week my scan oso reflect 6th week, make me worry… lucky he say the BB is growing, no worries.. phew…

All mums suffering from MS

I actually read from some article not too long ago that babies with mums who have MS during pregnancies will have higher IQ. dunno how true.

oh dear, i worry for my kids, cos i dun really have much MS. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Constance

really? I don't think that's all true...the bbs nowadays are so smart because of breastfeeding (rich source of DHA and AA from moms, good for brain development)... my gf can really see a difference between her #1 and #2...#1 she didn't quite BF, whereas she successfully breastfeed her #2 and you can see the development between both are different.

But her #1 is also a bright child.

I cannot wait for 8th July to come!!! Will see gynae then...

Now I'm thinking if I should switch gynae and hospitals... I quite like MAH's environment...visited a gf there when she delivered and liked the place. But I think the overall cost add up might be similar or slightly more ex than KKH.

mamachan: where is MAH ?

constance: it is said bf baby has higher IQ. but not all true.. cos nurturing plays a big part too. my brother was bfed. i am not. but i went to U but my brother din. heee.. so all depends la. dun worry too much of all these . else u will have lots to worry.

mico

MAH is Mt Alvernia Hospital... but I'm ok with John Tee...just wondering if it'll be slightly cheaper or more ex to see a private gynae outside of KKH... John Tee came highly recommended to me when I had #1 by my hb's pre-u mates who used his services.

hehehe, I read your reviews of him over at his thread.

Mamachan: but you said that you were very happy with gyne and KKH for your first bb right? why the sudden urge to change?

morning mummies! Today start to feel alittle nauseous... oh no! I am just gg 6wks nia. Dunno is it going to be the start wor... scared!

tira

hahaha, I also like MAH's envrionment... but after finding out the costs and all... MAH might be slightly ex than KKH...

I'm still happy with my current gynae...no issues... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Mamachan: then no point. I changed my gyne because i thot she was over charging me leh. Anyway, the delivery and stay will only take a few days. Save the $$ for the bb!

mamachan:u still have time to thk.. hee. he is not bad la. if convenient then stick to him. i change cos far from my home.

yeah i last time tot i can go without epidural but his comment made me "go for it" sob.. maybe this round i will try to go w/o epidural.. heee

any MTBs taking Chickekn essense everyday?

I started drinking everyday since last week...to help 'fight fatigue'...i find it helps me a little.

tira: i always think if give birth naturally can be a real mother.. haaa.. stupid right ? but like last time my whole delivery process.. no pain at all. dun feel like im giving birth.. since yougn seein tv they will scream and scream then the baby pop out mah.. more dramatic right ? heee.. anyway, i cant promise now too. cos later i cannot tahan then take epidural again..

mico

actually hor...I was also stubborn didn't want epidural...the mid-wife talked to me nicely and asked if I wanted epi to be administered...somemore they gonna change shifts at 6.30am too, so if I want she can arrange for the anaesthesist to come in and administer, furthermore..my dilation was stuck at 2cm (after more than 12 hours since I turned up at the hospital)...I was glad that they talked me into taking the epi...coz I dilated very fast after that...coz muscles all relaxed...i went to 7-8cm then that's where they decide to emergency C-sect me coz per strong contraction, my #1's heartbeat went down...despite administering a jab to bring the heartbeat up...

I like that Dr John Tee was swift and fast.

I think I will likely opt for C-sect under epidural to avoid all the drama... I had enough drama for #1...LOL even though he's very encouraging for me to try VBAC

Morning ladies.. *phew* just finished the catching up..

Constance: ya.. no pt worrying this.. I tried to bf my #1 and it was unsuccessful.. Bcoz everywhere and article said BF is good for bb.. this and that. AND I DIE DIE wanted to BF my girl.. and ended up I had depression. So its not that good for us too. So just take it as it is.

If bb can latch well, suck well.. then good.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] if not, not to worry.. nw all the FM has all the DHA.. triple A.. etc.. heehee.. u hv more time to rest too.. haha.. take it as a blessing in disgust [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

mico: If its already dilated, I don't think they would want to give u epidural leh..

Before I had epi, I had the painkiller jab on my thighs first.. when it was subsided, they gave me the laughing gas. While they administer the epi on me.. I had to use the laughing gas too.. haha.. so in the end, I have used all the pain killer..

mambob: i took epidural when i was 2cm dilated. my mum gave birth to three child all w/o pain killer . she can , i think i should can too.. heee.

laugging gas no use one.. my frend said still pain and made her feel nausea. dunno also.. anyway, if u decided to take painkiller, just take epidural the best

My temp r still going up & down, like shares.. haha..

Feeling better this wk compared to last.. I hv no MS but feeling very uncomfortable last weeks though nvr puke…

Hope things will go better day by day.. no craving as well… my meals are quite normal like standard 3 meals a day except morning before 11am, sometimes will feel hungry-then juz grab a bread to eat will do.. but when come to night time, my digest system take very long to digest.. my dinner can be bloated for 1 hr even though I oni eat a bowl of noodle..

Pants, jeans tend to be tighter too.. got to buy new clothes tml liao.. =D

Anyone experience these too?

mambobb,

Ya....better.....it was ok yesterday..

thksssss

I drink too much water just now while taking Folic acid & fish oil...very full now. Dont feel like working.

celia

gagging/feelings of wanting to puke is very normal eh... I get it too very frequently... I often wished might as well puke all out... feels better.

jaspire,

Is it???? my colleague helped me to buy 1 box...so i started to eat lor.... I also cant remember when did i started to take that for my #1.

Nevermind la, tomolo i am going to see gynae... i will ask him.....

kath

eh...fish oil can start to take from 4th month onwards...no need to eat so early... my gynae started me on fish oil when I was 4 months with #1

Good morning!

Tira bon,

Water retention is a serious matter during pregnancy. After birth, you may not loose all the water though!

thanks mamachan .....

can I check ..my duphaston is finishing this saturday ,... can this be bought over the counter? or do i have to go back kkh to get?

Back