(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

bel....we have to jia you liao.....

Jmi...dont feel sad.........u will get used to it soon....jared will be loved by all the teachers in the IFC....dont worry ... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jesline - no pacifier mark - I bought one that is lightweight - not bulky and the shape fits the mouth - NUK brand. Since the pacifier is used only when baby sleeps, it was easier to wean off. I remember when my gal was about a year plus - I simply told her that the pacifier had fallen off when we went out. She was able to grasp a few ideas then - she bought my story- the next few days - nightmare cos she refused to sleep but i gave her a bolster and had to coax her for some time before she slept. And VIOLA after 2-3 days she got used to the idea. Same for my son. Now my third one - gal I am planning to do the same.

Gyan & Apple:I'll be collecting the giraffes on this Sat at abt 12 - 12.30pm at SK MRT. Gyan, i think i can pop by your place to pass you the giraffe after that. Will u be at home? Apple, when do u want to collect from me?

Calla and Siva, I like to check with you also, does ur bb want to suck the pacifier at other times besides sleeping and napping? Cos my bb kept wanting to suck his thumb when he's bored or playing. Already tried to distract him but he will still unknowingly put his thumb into his mouth.

Gyan & Apple: One more thing, do you plan to submit your bb's photo with the giraffe for the Sophie contest? If yes, i need to pass your email address to Sueann... Let me know asap, thanks!

Siva, thanks for sharing. I have tried using NUK previously but my bb sucks really hard and after awhile, there's a red mark around the mouth. And he gets more active by sucking the pacifier and doesn't want to go to sleep.

Jmi: same for me, i keep wondering what is she thinking now..like is she thinking of me..will she forget me..and silly stuff. but when you head straight to see her again, the smile she gives just melts you away..haiz

Jesline, mine will also give a mark, but sometimes dun have.

btw: i saw tommiee tippie has a pacificer that is not nipple type, but for gums (u-shaped). wondering any mommies has try that?

Jesline,

my boy fuss only durig the long weekend and wants daddy to carry him when daddy is sick. He's fine from Monday. He'll latch on and fall asleep. I tried letting him suck his hands to sleep cos I refuse to give pacifier but he didn't want.

Howeve, he will cry very badly when my mum try to carry him to sleep. He cried till there are rashes on his face and no voice. My mum says it's cos he doesn't has anything to suckle. So I tried not to let him latch on and carry him to sleep when he cried very badly. After my mum pass to me, he fell asleep within 10mins in my arms. I just wanted to ensure he can sleep without suckling so that I can wean him off latching soon.

Jmi,

I'm also thinking whether I should put my boy in infant care. But he's very fussy when he wanna sleep. He'll cry till no voice and rashes. Just wonderig how will the teachers there handle him? Will they just leave him alone and cry?

Jared is such a good boy. He can fall asleep so fast himself. You should be happy that he can adapt so fast and you don't have to worry so much about him.

But we mummies are very contradicting. We want baby to adapt easily so that we don't have to worry about them. If they adapt too easily, we are worried how come they don't miss mummies and am fine with other people. We are constantly worried. Sigh

I've a tough night yesterday.. My gal was super cranky after jabs.. 2 jabs at one time, really xin tong la.. Was suppose hungry, but she did not want to drink milk..already 4 hr.. Keep crying nonstop.. Hiaz..Check her temperature is 36.9degc. My MIL keep insist want to give her the medicine.. But i told her not to take as she is not yet fever.. Hiaz.. I can feel she is warm but check temperature is ok not 37.5deg and above. This morning, check her temperature is 37.2degc.

Mini, yah whenever he smiles all my worries go away.

Bryest, if you really wanna put Estovan in the IFC, go and look around the place first. See if the kiddos are happy, see how the teachers handle the kids. We toured the IFC before deciding which one to put Jared in.

Actually the teachers there all know what to do, they may have little teething problem initially but it will all be fine. I was talking to both Jared's teachers, they shared how some kids take a long time to settle in, how some of them don't take the bottle etc but now they are all fine. The teachers all know each babies' behaviour, character and patterns. They definitely won't leave him alone and cry.

I think my womb went haywire liao. Before pregnancy, i used to have period once a mth. Now, going to 2 mths liao, still no sign of period!!!!!

jesline:

i m also using nuk brand. find that my gal can suck better using that than the avent. think they r at the stage when they want to suck their fingers and fists. Since they need to suckle at something, might as well suck the pacifier. More hygienic than fingers and also easier to wean off. My friends & SIL juz tell their kids that the pacifier is lost/they throw away the pacifier in front of the kids. After 2-3 days, the kids naturally forget abt the pacifier[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. i will be using the same mtd in time to come.i only restrict the pacifier to nap times. The rest of the time when they want to put fingers into the mouth, i just let her lick for a really short while & then take them out and tell her cannot suck fingers cuz very dirty & then distract her with other activities. so far so gd. The pacifier does leave a mark sometimes & but it will go away so doesnt bother me[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple: My PD actually advised me to give bb 1 dose of infant panadol when i reach home. Thereafter, no need to give if bb doesn't have fever. My bb had his 2nd jab yesterday, so far so good... he didn't fuss much after that 1 dose of infant panadol.

Yesterday, while waiting at the PD clinic, i listened to a mommy chatting with the clinic assistant. This mommy has a 6 year old daughter. She told the clinic assistant how her daughter started from suckling her hands, to suckling her fingernails. Even now, she still has the habit. And worst of all, at night, she will try to suckle her toes! *faint*

Apple,

normally wat I do is that I will give fever med before baby sleeps if she has a jab that day. She is grouchy not only from the virus but also pain where the needle jab. Can try to gently massage that area. Fever med also alleviate the pain.

Freesia: Who is your PD? Erm, i check with my hb, maybe i take from you on sunday? If not, this sat.. I let you know again..

Muffin: Last night my gal seem to be tired.. She sleep from 1am to 7.30am, then i fed her milk. I still did not fed her fever med yet.. Just take her temperature is 37.2deg.

Actually we need to monitor for how long? 24hr?

Minime :

Jolie is using tommee tippee pacifier.. din realise there's actually a difference leh.. ahhaa

so far she's ok wif it.. took quite awhile to let her learn how to suck the pacifier lor.. Until now she still abit not "stable". We only give her during nite time when she's gonna sleep. Halfway thru the nite it will drop out while she's asleep, so we will jus keep it liao.

whoofy: there are different stages i think. the tommie tippee one i feel like trying leh. like letting baby wear dentures like that. haha

For mummies who express milk, do you wash your pump parts every time after use with cleanser like pigeon and then sterilize it?

I read before that once baby starts putting hands to their mouth, which usually happens when around 3 months, they have built a better immune system, so don't need to be excessively clean.

I have just started to sterilize pump once in the morning, then after expressing just store the pump parts into airtight container like tupperware and put into fridge. Will use it again when it is time to pump again in 3 hours time. After 2-3x usage, will wash it again with pigeon cleanser and sterilize the pump.

Or anyone have other ways?

Mommies, I picked Jared up at 4pm just now. He survived IFC better than mommy! Even played with a new friend there while mommy has been crying on & off missing her little boy!

Lovie, on 1 hand I'm so happy Jared fit into the IFC without any problem, yet on another hand I so dread the separation lor. Sighh...

Lois - yes anyone started their LOs on anything else other than milk - cereals? Thinking of starting but not sure wat to try - anyone any ideas?

jmi

Heiz.. No choice lah!

I think if u have a 2nd one and tat it happens again, u wont feel tat bad anymore coz u went through before!

bbin

Hahahahah.. Coz am always wonder in awe tat it's such a big diff between SK and the present place where u're living right now!

Din know e inflatable tub has so many different sizes ya...Wonder which one is more suitable to get now?

Jmi, same here! My boy was smiling happily when I picked him up at abt 3pm just now...I tried very hard to hold back my tears when I left e IFC in e morning...Arghhh! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hope tml will be better!

Dreydrey, I think(hope) tomorrow will be better for me. Knowing that I will pick him up earlier this week is somewhat a consolation to me. I think the big test will be next Wednesday when I'm back in the office.

Jmi: it took me a week to stop crying after started work so dun be sad u will get used to it after a short period.

Lovie: me too wondering when period will come. Hv u go bk to yr gynae for first papsmear after gave birth? Me hv not think of ask him y period still hv not come even though stop bf

Bbin: yr mil far away fr yr place? How to tahan not able to c bb for few days? I will get very upset so now no matter how late I worked will still go see her eventhough sometime can see her sleeping only [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lois & Sivagami:

Thought international guidelines say to start weaning at 6mths so as to reduce allergies? Anyway, i intend to start my gal on Bellamy organic rice cereal when the time comes. The Heiz series is not bad too.

Jes T:

I wash my pump parts with cleanser after every pump but only sterilize once in the morning. Wash pump parts & bottles until got phobia already. Dunno how much longer i can 'dong'.

Lovie & Cloh:

I think it varies from people to people when the 1st period will come after delivery & after u have stop bfg. I have friends whose periods only return 6mths after they have stopped bfg. On the other hand, i also have friends whose periods return even when they are still bfg...

apple_gal:

Need to monitor for at least 48hrs[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Jes> do u mean when return work how to sterilize n wash the pump? If so.. I clean them wif the bottle cleanser den bring to office. B4 use den I pour hot water from pantry into pot wif the pump parts n bottle. Abt 2 mins later use it. After use I wash wif cleanser again. Repeat b4 each usage in office lor. Till go home I use sterilzer le den pump again when wanna use.

Hi Mummies,

After I start work its hard to log on. Back from work will be busy with Cherish...Cherish "found" her feet a few days back...hahah so now she keep bending herself like acrobat so she can hold her feet... if she is lucky she somemore can put a toe into her mouth...eeewww....

She has flu these few days n is very cranky... so I am super tired dealing with her...

Tiny Bites Scissors :

Mummies, I did not update for awhile. i am so sorry. I have place all your orders to my frd and have received an sms frm her that the scissors will arrive from the supplier maybe on 10 June.... once I have firm up info i will update again... For mummies who have yet to transfer payment to me, kindly do so. Thank you.

Jmi : I understand how u feel. Jared will be fine at IFC. Dun worry. To see him play with his mate should be a consolation for u. At least u knw he is in good hands [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] When Cherish just went to nanny i was also crying on and off for a few days... but seeing her adapting so well at nanny's plc n seeing nanny n family doting on her actually calms me dwn. Now every morning when i send her to nanny she will squeal with delight when she see her nanny... she dun squeal when she see me wor... so jealous....

Jes T : I dun sterilised the pump parts everytime i pump. I wash with baby bottle cleanser (Tollijoy) n water. Then at nite after last pump i soak in hot soapy water...

Minime : Cherish has tommee tippee pacifier too. But she dun like it lei... think bcos of the shape?! I'm not sure... but she prefers her avent pacifier...

Kath : I pump twice at work... usually can pump abt 150 to 160ml per pump... but recently LKK always show me black face when i go pump... so i pump not so regularly now... realise my supply now drop to like 120-130ml per pump...jiat lat... think i shld be stopping bf-ing soon...

Angel : ho seh bo??? how's life after going back to work???

Sp calalilly> wat do u feed uf LO? Could it be:

- frozen milk bb dun like?

- r u trying to set up routine like 3-4 hourly feeding wif bottles alone? But in b/w got latch on? Hence bb may ot yet b really truly hungry yet but juz half hungry only kind..

-teat flow?

-if feed ebm is it leave at room temp too long ? U got try the taste b4 feed or try tasting it halfway when feeding? Cos I notice got slight diff taste at times when she juz drink halfway she actually dun like le.. Got diff smell in ebm somehow..

Kath...! Yes pump milk in office beri tiring leh.. Work stress liao, den engorge feel pain.. Den go pump need wash n sterilze. Den go home b mummy oso tired.. Argh.. Is tat my working mummy life..??!?

I told my hubby yest if feed till she rch at most 5mth old I beri satisfied Liao lor.. Wat so call good feed for 6mths.. I dunno still can play catching game wif her demand lor.... Sigh......

More meetings n shit hitting me at work liao lor.....sian

Happi!! So tired lor .. Tink u can sense me from my post earlier to kath... Sigh..

Yest lagi best ah.. Pump halfway can kana jam.. Den engorge den pump total 3 times in ofilfice still jam till sibei pain my rite side.. Good thing came to office 8am leave office 5am sharp( flexo hr) den tk cab home!! ( jurong to amk cab can save 1hr time den mrt) latch her felt relief instantly! But poor gal gotta suck lil bit let go lil bit fighting wif my engorge breast n fast let down la... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

k la gonna zzz le.. C ur post tml le.. Nitezz n MmmmMuackzzzz!

Kath: I envy you le... I can only pump out 300 ml a day! So no choice but to supplement with FM.

Tried pumping at my office building's mummy room today... quite ok. Got baby's photos on the walls to induce let down. Only problem is there is only 1 sofa, so will really feel pressurised when another mummy comes into the room to wait for her turn. Luckily, the mummy that came in today is my friend... so she was very patient to wait for me for 30 mins to finish pumping my pathetic 110ml (did not pump for 8 hours) while we chit chat. She said she only needs 10 mins to pump 130ml! Think my milk ducts must be too tiny, that's why take so long!

Lois,

I intend to start my boy on semi-solid food when he's 5mths old. I check with my pd whether I can start with frisocream. He says can mix with bm and let baby take.

Any mummies here has feed their babies or no. 1 with frisocream from 4mths onwards? Any advice?

Hi mummies

Today's my 1st day back at work. Oh...miss my gal so much [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] She didn't sleep much today, only on and off for less than 30 mins. Maybe she's not used to not having me around for the whole day?

Getting ready to shift office today, so whole office is occupied by carton boxes. When I went into the storeroom to pump, the whole rm was stacked with carton boxes. I didn't get to pump in office.

By lunchtime, i felt engorged so I rushed home fr AMK to SK to latch my gal & then pump after that before rushing back to office. Next 3 days on training @ new office building. All rooms locked except the training rm. Siao le...how to pump??? Now cannot rush home liao as new office is at CCK.

Angel Lim:

Initially when she had her 1st episode of milk fussiness, i also thot it was cuz i fed her frozen EBM, then i switch to fresh EBM after feeding her 60ml of frozen EBM also no change. I dun usu leave EBM at rm temp to thaw, it's straight fr fridge to warmer. She usu has no problem finishing 150ml of EBM in 15 to 20mins but now, some feeds she can take a whole hr to finish! she will juz take half, then the other half she either struggles and fights with me to even take 30ml. So, after struggling with her for 30mins, i will put the remainder EBM back to the warmer, play with her for 5 to 10 mins before attempting to feed her again. Then yest, she decided to be gd and finish all her feeds with no problem.

I dun latch her anymore since she was 8 wks old. She was juz taking too long to feed via latching so i gave up. Since then, just pump and feed her EBM.

She has always been having a nice routine since 6 wks old (she fitted herself into the G Ford routine). Right now, she's bottle fed every 4 hourly. I have resigned to her milk fussiness...just let her be. As long as she's wetting her diapers regularly, active and meeting her minimum requirement of 100ml/kg/day, i wont bother too much. if not, i will die of frustration!

Anyway, i think she's most prob teething...she's showing all the pre-teething signs...milk fussiness, occ night wakenings, drooling, sucking fingers and slightly looser stools..

i think working and bfg mothers are extra "wei da". Also so busy and stressed at work + tired fr being mummy still need to pump at work! Well, just have to hang in there and try your best to bf as long as possible. It's ok to supplement or feed FM. Some days when i m stressed and ss can barely meet demand, i also supplement[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

angel.....me did the same as you during the office hours after expressing, wash & pour hot waters over the expressing parts then b4 use rinse with tap water & hot water .....

Christine....no need to envy me.....me just 50 to 100mls more than u only during the daytime......... I will try to pump again b4 i sleep or even b4 i latch my bb....

happiness....lucky..so far no one comments abt me goin to express my milk...at most i MIA for 20 to 25min (expressing & washing) 3times per day... :p Most of my colleagues are married with kids....even the males colleagues do understand.... heng heng....

we have to jia you for those who have to express the milk in office.....

bacookie....maybe u have to let yr boss know that u need a place to express.... if not then u have to do it in the toilet liao....that is the last choice.

Back