(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Any comments on the Pigeon multi-function steriliser? I went down to the taka fair yesterday.. Pigeon is selling the rapid steam steriliser in a set (with milk bottles,separate warmer,etc) and the multi-function one that is 3-in-1 (steriliser, food warmer and milk warmer all built in). Thinking of getting the multi function one coz it is more compact...

Freesia : generally milkbottles neck come in 2 standard size. Wide neck and normal. Avent is wide-neck while most of the other brands are normal, including medela , pigeon , nuk etc. So you can fit most of the milk bottles even those glass bottles from the hospitals.

Unlike PISA, you need to get another adaptor that is suitable for singapore power supply. Freestyle come with power adaptor tat can be use in singapore, you just need those that change 2 pin to the 3 point adaptor.

Jgal: Thanks... just to clarify, you mean if i buy PISA, i need to get another adaptor suitable for Sgp power supple, whereas for Freestyle, i just to to buy those adaptor that can change 2 pin to 3 pin right?

Hi ladies!!

I am new to this thread...also in my second trimester and I think my EDD is also going to be in late feb next year.

Currently, I am staying in China but I will be back to Singapore during my 3rd trimester for delivery. Just to share with you ladies that it is really good to be in your homeland when you are pregnant as we are well acquainted with the medical facilities and systems back home.

I have a few questions on the urine/ blood tests that you have taken during first trimester.

1. Due to limited tests here, I only took the NT scan during 11 weeks plus which turns out to be in the normal range. Did you also take the blood test to test for downsyndrome at your 12 weeks?

2. I heard that there is another blood test that could be taken between 15-18 weeks to test for downsyndrome ( only this is available here in the city which I am staying). Have you heard of that and do you intend to take that?

3. Although I had a full blood count test taken during my 11 weeks plus, the hospitals here do not have the facility to test for thalassemia. Did you ladies test for that?

4. Does your doctor take urine tests for you at every visit? I only took a unrine test when I was 11weeks plus and there was high readings of white blood cells and bacteria, etc. The doctor said it is ok but I am still quite worried. I suspect that it could be UTI but I don't have any UTI symptoms. It could also be because I didn't wait for midstream urine to be taken and just took directly. Any advice here?

5. The detailed ultra sound scan that your doctor refers to during the 20 weeks check, is that the 3D ultrasound scan?

Paiseh to ask so many questions on my first posting here. When I read that there is baby fair in Singapore, I was thinking how i wish I am back home. There is also the search for a gynae back in Singapore for the last trimester checkups and delivery. Any recommendations?

Thanks all for reading my long post and hopefully, you ladies can help me. Thanks!!!

Hi Mummies

I'm new here... as I'm being advised by my gynae to go for c-section...therefore i'm xferring from Mar MTB to Feb MTB.

Any mummies experience MS in the 2nd trimester? cos i din have MS in my 1st trimester but i've heard that it ma start in the 2nd trimester...

Apple & Tam: Thanks! I hope all is well too. Hopefully my hubby is not a Thalassaemia carrier so it will lower the chances of having babies with Thalassaemia.

Anyway,i told my colleagues about my pregnancy recently by using sth else to start a conversation. For example,that day the stallholder got my order for banana milkshake wrongly and she gave me papaya milkshake. I didn't know if we can eat papaya so i asked my colleague(who's a food and nutrition teacher)if pregnant women can eat papaya. She immediately exclaimed,"You are pregnant? Congrats!"

Haha. Find a topic to begin with lor.

Ladies,

U mean it is still not obvious that you are pregnant? For me my tummy is v obvious that even acquaintances will also ask. Does that mean that I am putting too much? But from weight, I am not putting on alot, abt 2kg?

Jgal: Thanks!

JSbaby: Hi.. Don't quite have the answers to all ur questions.. but will try answering some here.. Maybe the other mummies can help..

1) When we do the NT scan, we usually do it together with a blood test.. The whole thing is also known as the OSCAR test here.. Then a risk for down syndrome will be calculated based on the NT scan and the blood test result.

2) Not too sure about this..

3) Test for thalassemia is not required for everybody I think... depending on whether ur gynae suspects that u or ur hubby has that.. they may ask u to go for the test..

4) Urine test depends on gynae.. Some will give a small test stick for u to pee on to test if there's high levels of protein and blood sugar during every visit to the gynae.. If u've concerns about UTI, maybe u can check with ur doctor.. They may ask u to do other tests to check..

5) The detailed ultra-sound scan need not be a 3D scan. The detailed scan is more for checking the different organs, structure of baby and gender of baby..

Yew yew: U r welcome.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] U drinking banana milk shake? There are ppl who said the long ang mo bananas are quite cooling, so can't eat too much..

Muffin: My tummy's still not too obvious esp if i wear loose tops, can't really tell.. Ydae i went to the Taka Baby fair, so many ladies with huge tummies around and I look like not pregnant. Felt quite weird to be going to the booths to ask questions.. hee..

Dear mummies, wow.. u all so 'on'.. u all found out so much information about breastfeeding pumps..me hasn't had the chance to step out of my house yet.. does anybody know when is the Taka baby fair ending ?? i hope by the time I recovered, don't have to use clutches on ambulation.. the baby fair is still on... mmm

Muffin : Me too.. I look very obvious that i am pregnant...don't worry.. u are not putting too much weight... I guess me have to worry coz I have put on 6 kg... eeks

Ezmeralda : Thanks.. me too have difficulty in trying to sleep at night.. prior to my pregnancy , i am used to sleeping face up.. now,i feel breathless & uncomfortable sleeping face up ...when i try to sleep turning to one side, i feel uncomfortable as well.. sigh.. Where did u get your pregnancy pillow from & does the pillow helps? can give me the website?

Tam L : Thanks.. i will avoid eating too much chilli.. mmm ...

Lovie : Are u feeling better from ur cough and sore throat... better drink more water & rest well.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Peng : ever since after the fall, i have pain on ambulation.. no chance to step out of the house.... hasn't had the chance to get a anti-slip mat.. my MIL gave me a pair of anti-slip slipper to wear in the toilet..

JSbaby : with regards to recommendation for gynea.. mine is Dr Lisa Chin from Gleneagles Hospital... I like her.. Most of my colleagues are her patients as well.. if u haven't find her gynea yet.. u can consider her..

Gyan Tan : Me too experienced MS in the second trimester.. but my MS is definitely better now compared to the first trimester..

Apple gal : u can announce the pregnancy news to friends.. i know alot of old people said before 3 months cannot say out..but i feel that it's up to u whether u wanna share or not... for me.. i share with my family, close friends and colleagues when i am 2 month pregnant.... Hav lots of rest & take care...

calystamelody: Oh actually i din experience MS at all... but was wondering if i might have it in the 2nd trimester.

Muffin: Me too...my tummy was already obvious when i am around 9 weeks... there are already ppl giving up seats for me in the MRT train. Now that i am 13 weeks, i think my tummy looks like 4 - 5 months??? It looks rather funny as i am actually skinny.

Hi mummies.. sorry to interrupt,

im from the July thread, i have a mums in mind sling to let go..(purple) bought at 40 plus from kiddy palace.. willing to let go at 35.. its been opened n washed but not used before.. if interested pls email me at

[email protected].

Peng: I also having breakfast now, milo and bread. Erm, feel giddy and slight headache. I feel the number of going puke reduce these few days... Can eat a bit more, at least my stomach now can keep some food..

Morning apple and peng, morning to all!

Today I'm back to work. Alot of stuffs to go through...sigh! Chat again with u ladies later if there's chance.

cheers for the day.

gd mrning, hows your weekend?? today seems blue... how wish i can celebrate "teachers Day" like my girl.. hehehe....

Morning and all.. I'm finally BACK relunctantly.. haha..

apple: glad to hear that u can take in more food now.. Jia you [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

apple: The trip is basically "eat - sleep - eat - sleep" haha.. coz there isn't much we can do with a baby around.. Never feel hungry when onboard [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

so ur bread is still inside?

Mambobb: At least you can enjoy and relax ma. Haha.

My bread still a bit inside.. Feel my giddy getting worse.. There is one smelly colleague over here... Cannot tahan.. Hiaz.

apple-- i also same..whole day gizzy n feel like want to faint. it happens almost evryday now...dont know what happen also. very miserable..

apple-- exactly..i went to taka bb fair on sat....i almost faint and after that i feel so sick whole day. now i scare to go anywhere d..better stay at home. ppl said 2nd trimester should feel better n more energenic..think i'm worst off in second trimester with this dizzy feeling.

Yvonne: Sometimes with appropitate rest, feel the giddy feeling will reduce. Just say, the no of going puke reduce, today went 2 times liao.. Hiaz.. Still feel nausea and giddy. I'm not so sure if it is because of the milo that triggered my puke. Last few days, i never drink milo, i dun puke as like this..

apple-> yes; is true...if i lie down whole day...then my dizziness will reduce.

mico...how many weeks r u now? my next appointment is next week...cant wait to know as well..

Christine--> u know yr bb gender d?

Yvonne: im 14 weeks this week. 2 weeks back went for Nt scan, they cant see yet. said at 12 weeks, boy/girl looks the same. haa

Yvonne: Yalor, i also keep lie down on my bed, feel easily tired too. My hb keep ask me why i keep lie on the bed some more. Haha.

Next week which day is your appointment?

apple--> my appoitment is thur nite but i think i will go on monday nite..i cant wait anymore..hehehehe

mico--> my last apoitment 14 weeks, dr adrian said cant see yet.....

yvonne: lol.. dr adrain says the baby looks very girl... haha... but i think the machine there cannot zoom in very clearly, hence i think he wil pending for my checkup at TMC which is on 18th Sept.

Hi hi!

calysta: The taka baby fair's til 13 sept.. Hope u recover in time to go and have a look.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Apple: If u feel faint and dizzy, gotta be very careful.. Think maybe u dun take milo? That time i took milo also don't feel well.. Then I took a bit of cereal or horlicks. I think horlicks better than milo.. Taste lighter and also nutritious.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Yvonne: Take care and rest more... I think we feel faint cos more blood flowing to our baby? So when standing up gotta be careful..

Hi hi,

Like to check if any of you ladies experience hunger pangs barely after meal? I'm so hating this hunger strike feeling (I can't eat but yet my tummy's growling). I thought it's only applicable during the 1st tri. How come the hunger monster is coming back to haunt me at week 15? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi Jmi....hahaha i dun think hungry pangs happen only in trim 1! foetus will be growing tremendously in trim 2, is normal ur body is asking u eat more :p

Hi PENG,

I was just enjoying the regular/normal eating routine and suddenly hunger monster struck yesterday. It's awful. I barely had dinner and 30mins later my tummy started growling!!!!

Afternoon Feb mummies!

Last sat,my hb & i went to the Taka baby fair.

Bought a package at $159 - incl. Pigeon rapid steam sterilizer,baby food warmer,5 milk bottles, a pacifier & a nylon brush. Got free gifts of Motherhood magazine,2breasts pads & wipes.

Also bgt a Pigeon manual breast pump at $59 & a box of 3 storage bottles.

Really good deals! ^_^

Think rest of the bb stuffs, i go buy ard 3rd tri at nearby neighbourhood mall. Cheaper & easy to carry back home. ;D

mico--> as per christine n serene experiece,,,i also think dr adrian wont be able to confirm the gender till our 5mth details scan.

Tam--> YA,hv to be careful n rest a lot lo.... is true that horlicks is better than milo. i also change to horlicks now

Apple: Oh no.. is it ur colleague again? The person whom u said the smell will trigger ur vomitting? Poor thing.. Maybe u wanna consider getting some light but nice smelling things to put at ur table to cover the smell?

Jmi: Hi, don't really have hunger pangs these days, but will sometimes feel like eating sthg again after an hour, after a meal..

Chrisstan: U bought the manual breast pump? Not getting electric one? I went to look on sat.. manual one much cheaper but i scared will pump until very tired..

hi christan--> is pigeon brand good? i hv not buy mine but saw it in taka fair.

btw, any of you know when is the next expo bb fair?

Back