(2010/02) February 2010 mtb

Freesia,

think i understand how u feel.

Probably it's our pregnancy hormones...we get angry easily...especially w our hb. ;p

yest i also "pick" on him when he bgt a non-fat Meji Milk...told him that he shld buy normal one, cos bb needs fat.

Now think think...it's nice of him to buy for me. i just feel like "picking" on him...poor hb! ;p

Peng: That is after I finish my maternity leave. hehe. For confinement, hb is thinking of asking my mum to do it for me. My in-laws got to work. My mum is housewife. Then the next qn is, should I stay over at my parents' place or ask my mum to come over. Of course staying at my parents' place will be easier for my mum. I told hb, whatever we decide on, we still got to tell his parents first as a form of respect.

bak kut teh? Gosh never occur to me to ask anybody. A friend keep insisting in making own bak kut teh. Bought the instant herbs in packet but haven do yet..

Can eat?

Peng: i drink but nt plain water. Maybe i should drink more plain water. Here the water all must go n buy. Their tap water in Perth is really terrible. High chlorine content.Taste funny if u use to cook or drink.Think i shall go but later.

whoofy: I think bah kut teh is ok. The one at marsling, is it the one that have liquor added to the bah kut teh? I am not sure if we can take if there is liquor/ chinese wine added. Normal bah kut teh is ok la.

Bel: i think quite often pregnant mothers go back to their own mum plc for confinement right? My mum even want me to go back 2weeks b4 my expected due date.

Mummies,

I chk with my dr nurse abt ginseng, she says better not to drink. Ask her y, she mention it contains alot of steriods. I also dun understand wat she means.

Lovie, I dun really take much bu. My mum is no longer around and my MIL is super bochap. Now, I only make essence of black chicken for myself abt once a week. Oh and I just started eating black chicken eggs...thats abt it.

Bel...ic. Confinement at ur own hse more convenient for u n baby right? If not after confinement have to move all the bb stuff back to ur own place again.

Peng,

Dun worry abt being heaty anot, as long as u drink enough water will do! Is it normal to feel warm anot, for tat am not so sure but since u say tat ur body is always been like it, it shld be a cause for worry unless now is the other way round! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

how i wish my mum come to stay with me during confinement but she insist i go back to her plc cause she still has to werk n cook for dad..

A bit leceh got to bring baby stuff all to her plc..

ez: yes, it is very common. I heard from my colleague, his wife also went back to her mum's place for confinement. Just as a form of respect, got to inform my in-laws before I give birth.

Good morning ladies!

Didn't have a good sleep last nite! Almost going to catch a flu! Quickly drink ginger tea last nite...

Peng: Agree wif u, think its a big hassel 2 bring all baby stuff back when already hv a bb room at home. In fact for me i hv spare room too if my mum stays wif me..

my mum has her own business n very bz, my MIL is a hsewife, but i still wanna go back to my mum to tk care for me..hehehe

Scared n i think a bit weird leh MIL tk care during confinement. Any of u MIL taking care during confinement?

Peng: I am still more comfortable at my parents' place. There is my mum to take care of me and baby all the time. The moving part, hb will take care. Haha. Hb wants me to feel comfortable during confinement.

Anyway even after confinement, I will still leave a few diapers, clothes,etc at my parents' so that baby can use when we go over on weekends.

Hi hi!

Bel: My multi-vits is this brand called Prenaforte.. longish pink tablets.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Lovie: Wah, u drinking pig's heart?? I thought can't eat/drink pig's insides during pregnancy.. hee... I'm not too sure also, but if no probs, think a bit should be fine ba.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Hmm.. I don't exactly feel hot or cold now.. but read an article by some TCM doc.. said that 1st tri, mummies body can't take too much 'cooling' stuff, gotta keep the body warm.. but 2nd tri, can eat some 'cooling' food, so can eat a bit of bird's nest etc.. balance diet is fine.. but not too over.. But if u got cold feet/hands, then prob u're naturally more 'yin' (cold), so should take more warm stuff... can take a bit of korean ginseng to bu.. Actually a lot of women are more 'yin' in nature, so scared cold..

Freesia: Ur hubby very cute ah.. tot u only eat those 2 things.. actually nowadays, if i need any food/snacks, i'll 'dictate' to hubby exactly what i want.. in case he buy things i dun wanna eat then wasted.. Haha..

Ez: ur tummy feeling better? Maybe it's bloatedness cos of sthg u ate? If not well after a few hours, maybe should check with a doc?

EZ...nvr consider engaging a CL since ur mum busy coping with biz? though is great to have own mum taking care of us, too bad my mum not around anymore.

Ez: For me I don't have spare room for my mum to stay. I am staying with my in-laws now. I don't want my mum to travel to and fro everyday. There is no direct bus. She got to take mrt, then change lrt. Plus she also need to cook dinner for my dad and bro everyday. If I stay over, it will be much easier for her.

whoofy: abt ba kut teh.. really not sure cos they do put chinese herbs inside.. that time my doc told me not to take chi herbs.. so maybe u wanna call up ur gynae to check to play safe?

Bel: Same here.... i probably will move back to my mum's home during the first month confinement. Can't imagine her cooking the confinement food in my super tiny kitchen (those staying in the new flats would know how tiny the kitchen is!).

I'm still thinking where to stay during the 2nd to 4th month maternity leave...

Peng: What does CL lady actually do? I only know after birth we engage somebody to massage? Thats a confinement lady rite? or CL lady do more then that? How much?

Tam: Still feel a bit. Now at this stage, its so hard to diffrenciate gas,blaoted,poo or something wrong.. I'll wait few more hrs..

Tam_L: Ya. Elders always tell me don't take too much cooling stuff.

Oh I heard that before giving birth, drink fresh coconut juice. Anyone hear this before?

Bel : I'm not sure if there's wine inside the bah kut teh.. it's at a very remote place of Marsiling.. near industrial area.. an old coffee shop.. another famouse stall will be nasi bryani from this coffee shop..

Ok.. i will check wif gynae to see if we can eat bah kut teh...

EZ...CL will do all the stuff like taking care bb, do the cooking n laundry for mother n baby. Some will also do simple cleaning like mopping the floor. They will clean up the kitchen after cooking. Charges will range btw $2800-$3000. I got mine for $2500.

Bel: heard it before. I think earlier in this thread all the mummies were talking abt it.. They were saying drink coconut at 7mth onwards or sumtin like dat..

Bel..yes i did drink fresh coconut juice for my #1 1 mth prior to my delivery, understand that it can 'cleanse' our body n bb come out will be very 'clean'

whoofy: I am not familiar with that area. Only been there 3-4 times. The one I went was shown on tv before. Located at a pretty ulu place. Remembered there is an indian muslim stall on the left. There is one ABC shop or something near the coffeeshop.

Bel.. yes.. during the last few wks before delivery.. we can drink fresh young coconut juice.. tis will improve the baby skin to be smoother when born.

Cos when baby is in our womb, they will urinate.. coconut juice will neutralise the acidic urine so bb skin will not be so red wif rashes..

whoofy,

wine shd be ok cos they will boil the alcohol away, its the herbs that u hv to be careful abt, think some add dang gui?

Ez: Ic.. u monitor ur condition and see if it improves... Take care..

Bel: Yup, heard of the coconut juice thingy.. Apparently good for skin.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] but only take in the last few weeks..

EZ..they will help to do marketing if u prefer them to do it. During my 1st confinment my CL actually ask me prefer normal food or confinement food. I ask for normal food, so i din eat any vinegar pork leg at all cos i dun really like it also :p If not they will usually prepare confinement food like sesame chicken, dishes with lots of ginger added etc

Whoofy : What’s their reaction when u told them abt u being preggie? Hehe.. Can eat bak kut teh wor! I had bak kut teh when i was 6/7 weeks oreggie as bb wants it!

Freesia : Wear a jacket like what I did. Hahahahahah.. U noe Hup Seng’s having promo right now? A packet on individual packing of biscuit tat used to cost $1.85 now cost $1.50. :p

Bel : So “xin ku”. Why not ask MIL to help then? U buy the “shang biao” oil, it’s better than axe and smells like “ru yi”. Snoopy intro me! Drink more water to curb heaty as we cant drink herbal tea now!

Chrisstan : Last time when we’re young, we also dun bother to “bu” lor not tat it happens to you alone nia but applicable to me as well lor!!!

Muffin : Shld get hb to cook for u! Since u’re preggie now.

Tam : I had a lot of cold drinks in 1st trimester lor. Wahahahahaahh

Lovie: Haha... moderate amount think it's fine ba.. not excessive.. anyway, i also had a bit of cold drinks.. can't resist.. also took frozen yoghurt.. but i can't take ice cream.. that time tried and puked it out.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] Got 'scar' liao..

Back