(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

Febie>[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] sad to hear that. Please take good care of yourself

Febie, sorry to hear tt.. Do take care.. You still have handsome Shayne with you and you can always try again next time...

Lin, it is very tiring in the initial mths... It still is (though not as bad), for me.. My 2 boys are 18mths apart.. and #1 is still not toilet trained, also cannot say proper phrases.. so lagi headache.. but time flies, day after day, month after month... my #2 is coming to 8mths soon... Personally, I feel tt I have not been talking/bonding a lot with #2 cos after work, come back home, bath #1, have dinner.. will be around 8.30pm... play with them a while, feed #2 and he will wanna sleep le.. so that is it loh.. #2 go to slumberland while I entertain #1 for a while more before he/we sleep at 9+, 10pm... then next day back to work and whole cycle repeats... I did tell myself to try and spend more time with #2.. but life is such that it is either you don't have time or you don't have energy or there is no chance (cos bb sleeps)... Haha.. but anyway, hang in there... once baby pass the first few mths, then it will be easier as the routine falls slowly into place...

febie> sorry to hear of your loss. please take care.

clarissa> a friend told me that it gets much better when they know how to play with each other.

hello mummies..

it has been super long time that i have post here.. but always a silent reader.. hehe n have been stalking you ladies on FB too.

Febie.. really sorry to hear that [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

have a good rest.

actually m also very worry.. m 9weeks pregnant now.. but always with cramps and with bad Morning sickness. Extreme nausea n vomit after most meal. 24hrs of sleepiness.. slight movement i feel that the whole world is spinning. Has spotting once too. Seeing gynae almost twice a week! damn costly n they only accept cash! how nice if they accept credit cards then i can imagine the amount the cc points i can collect.

M always on MC and only work one or two days a week. M in office now.. but feel extreme sleepy! i used to have 3-4 cups of coffee but i dont even feel like have one now. This time is so different from my first pregnancy!

I have also quit my job liao.. this will be my last week of work! that's the only thing that make me really Happy! woohoo!

Aiya... Forgot to post...

Yesterday I was at Tampines Watsons and saw a good deal... Friso 1 & 2 is $59.90 for 2 tins... Friso 3 is $49.90 for 2 tins... If u purchase 4 tins, u get 1 free GV movie ticket...

Hihi, mummies!! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Febie, take care *hugs*

You're young & still can try. Most important is have a good confinement and make your body stronger.

Mindy,

take care. nothing is more imp than health.

Geraldine,

Thanks for the friso promo. haha.. me jus stock up my stock from the pervious promotion buy2 free 1. the current deal is for 900g ones?

RedTay,

Previously, i also stocked stocks during the buy2 get 1 free promotion... but finishing already... left 1 1.8KG one... anyway, i still go ahead and bought 4 tins... cos it is the 900g ones and i dun think i will be free in the upcoming months... #2 will be coming out in early may... so just grab... heehee...

Mindy,

Stay positive n u must believe in yourself, beanie n gynae. My recent preg was v challenging. Bad MS in 1st trim, spotting from wk6-10, preterm labour from 28wks till delivery. I perservered n delivered didi at 36wks, which was a miracle n BB is healthy n doesn't need to be admitted to NICU. Jia you! [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hallo mommies *big waves*,

Oh boy ... it has been quite a while and I can't quite remember when was the last time I posted. have been silently reading, just not posting. Busy here and there. Some domestic issues to settle but now resolved. Very happy to see more mommies having the 2nd or 3rd ones. And time really flies.

It felt like yesterday when lsntyl announced her pregnancy and she's already delivered Alden. I read posts asking about how I am. Thanks for checking in. Still surviging in Shanghai, hahaha. Starting to enjoy spring weather here. Recently had family and friends over.

Quite a trying period coz' my mom who was here fell sick, caught a stomach flu bug from Nat (yes, Nat was down with stomach bug) and I had to take care of 2 at the same time with a traveling DH. It really has been more than 2 years that I took a really good break for myself and am still wondering when the day will come. I broke down quite a bit while taking care of mom and Nat. Other than that, life has been pretty much the same. Recently been waiting for news for Nat's preschool because she's gonna start school in August this year. The academic calendar here is a little earlier than Singapore.

Very gan cheong because still on waitlist and everyday waiting for phone calls. A lot of people have asked me to seriously consider having a 2nd child. I am like jessie some time last year. Some days i feel like having, some days I don't. I mean, I do feel at this juncture, Nat is ready to be an older sister. But some days, the thought of having to go through the whole process of raising a baby just daunts me.

And then there's also the bit about age, that I don't have many years left to try coz' after 35, I won't try anymore. So ding dong ding dong, cannot make up my mind. DH, on the other hand, is not too keen about having a 2nd child these days. He feels that he's beginning to enjoy Nat as her level of comprehension is better. They're playing very well together and have 'conversations' together. Nat sometimes picks up the phone and demands to call her dad.

And then goes like 'wei' (mandarin for hallo) and then almost immediately says 'bye', leaving her dad damn exasperated. Hhahaha. One would think that her mandarin would be leaps and bounds now but nah ... still very much english and her mandarin has an ang mor twang. My helper always asks her which ang mor parents gave birth to you, always speak with such a twang. Hhahaha. But she picks words up very quickly from us, speaks in phrases, not quite in sentences yet.

Loves anything to do with numbers, alphabets, colors, puzzles. I recently got her a wooden kitchen set, built it up from scratch (planks of wood literally), what a sense of achievement for myself and what a joy to watch her play with it everyday. And although I mentioned earlier about how I dread going through the 1st year of raising baby etc, I miss her earlier days, would read archive posts here, look at her earlier videos and photos. They bring back such fond memories and how much she has grown and so have I as a mom! I can understand why 2nd time parents have been so relaxed, coz' we would come to realize that sometimes, it is ok to let go a little for them to grow. It has been such a great learning experience so far.

Nat has also gone in and out of terrible 2s phase. Her recent stint was to throw herself on the ground (home or public), throw everything on her hands to the ground just because she ain't happy. It was even worse when she was sick, hence me breaking down. Glad that bit is over FOR NOW. Wonder how have the other LOs been. While it's nice to hear about pregnancies and new babies, would really love to hear how the other LOs are progressing.

Mommies, please do share, k?

febie,

Just thought of dropping you a post to see how you are. Have you recovered and gone back to work? I recalled when I first had my m/c, i was feeling very sad about it. And as if not helping, my SIL announced her pregnancy prior to that and her pregnancy was very smooth. It just made me ask God time and time again, why it had to happen to me. It took me a couple months later before I conceived Nat.

I read somewhere in your posts that you preferred to have number 2 later. If that's the case, then maybe it really is God's will that things can wait. Hope you're staying positive amidst it all and not let this incident daunt you. I was rather affected by the m/c for a good while until after I gave birth to Nat. It added on to my paranoia during my pregnancy with Nat but I didn't really mention much here. Sometimes, such things do leave scars and hurt us more than we can imagine.

My pregnancy ended very early about 5 weeks, more like a chemical pregnancy. Although it was brief but whenever I think back about what happened, I still feel emotional about it. It's good that you have Shayne with you to keep you company. *hugs* Come back and join us in the forum soon ok!

Hello mummies !

Have been busy and not been to this thread for a long time...

Congrats to all mummies who have just gave birth to their no.2 or 3.

Anyone arranging play dates for our Jan 2010 babies ?

Are they attending playgroups already ?

lsntyl,

How is Ayden coping with didi? Do you still have mom or MIL there to help you? Since DH stays at home, should be good help too eh? Has Ayden started school already? I have been thinking a lot about sending Nat back to Singapore for primary school education. I somewhat don't have confidence that international schools here can let her pursue academics as well as back home.

Will take these few years here to observe her and see how she fares with school etc. You know, since young, Nat has never been aggressive, until now. If someone snatches something from her, she won't bother to fight for it. But these days, if it gets snatched and she feels helpless, she'll throw a tantrum fit. It's like a very uncontrollable feeling for her and also helpless. I have to keep reminding her that there will be people like that who take things from her.

It's either she fights for them back if they belong to her or she let them have it and move on to something else. Very tricky issue there and it has been bugging me for a while also. It should still be pretty cold in NYC now eh? Shanghai's turned warmer. In fact today's temps actually raised to 23!! It's such great news for us, been taking Nat outdoors due to the great weather.

Flowers have also started blooming but because Nat has slight pollen allergies (runny nose), I tend to keep her away from flowers. What a pity, eh? The flowers blooming in spring are the best bits of living in Shanghai for me. Brings about so much cheer to the city wherever we go. Hope to hear updates from you! Or are you updating on FB now? Hhehehe.

cocomama - How is your pregnancy coming along? Or given birth already? I remembered it was like march/april timeframe right??? How is YX these days? About BF-ing, jia you jia you ok! If I were to have a next one, I'd still consider BF-ing as long as I can and I'll also remind myself to drink more water!!!!

bigfoot,

You know, despite having Nat, I don't shop as much as I think I would. She naturally gets showered with a lot of clothings be it new or hand-me-downs. I sometimes have to tell my friends to slow down coz' wardrobe bursting. I do however, get very excited when we change seasons. I like to unravel her new clothes for the new season and then for the current ones to assess whether it can last her till next winter or to give them away. And then for the giving away stack, I will segregate them again, those that are more unisex can pass on to friends with boys, and the girly ones to friends with girls.

Hhahaa. And then those summer outgrown ones can bring back to Singapore to pass to my friends. Crazy as it sounds but it's so fun! Hhehehe.

lin - Nat is currently using crayons. The crayola ones. They're thick and easy to use. I also buy the Crayola colorwonder markers for her. I am anal about her messing up the walls and furniture. Quite a few times, I caught her drawing on sofas and tables with her crayons and made her wipe them. Thank goodness it's washable crayons!

Would love to join gathering if there is any [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Always can't match who is who in FB & Jan 2010 mummies, poor memories... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hi lamb,

So great to see your post! I am also at the cross-junction like you now. Sometimes think of having a #2, sometimes not esp on days when things get tough. Hubby is also happy with 1 now, though he previously wanted 2 but he is not keen to go back to those newborn days either. I only have 2 years to 35 and at the way things are going, I am also not sure. Anyway, I have given every single thing, clothes, toys... away, so if really have #2, everything have to be new again. Hahaha...

Bryan talks a lot to me, though I still spend time trying to figure out what he is actually saying cos sometimes the pronounciation is still not clear. He also understands a lot more Mandarin than I thought he would know. Well, cos his CC form teacher is a China-chinese. Bryan also loves rattling his numbers of 1-20 to us, but so far, he is not doing well beyond 20. For alphabets, he just refused except for the ABC song. His current fave song is Twinkle, twinkle little star cos he can sing the whole song. So he loves to take a step-stool, stand on it and pretend it is his stage and sing. I also just let Bryan meddled with paint last week. It was messy, but controllable as long as I am in his sight. So far, he knows he cannot mess up the other parts of the house cos daddy would probably tear him apart for that mischieve..

Bryan no longer have hand-me downs so everything is new. I am still a cheapo mummy for buying his clothes online most of the time but since he spends most of his time in CC, he really don't wear much home wear.

Yes, it's so fun getting to sort out clothes in seasons and all and esp when gals have so much more.

mindy>congrats. hope the pregnancy gets better in your second trimester

lamb>so nice to hear from you again! are you still in touch with jessie? hope arwen and her are good.

my moms are still here and my hubby is a great help. can't imagine how it'll be when the moms go back though. ayden alternates between being sweet to his didi (he'll run to his didi and give him kisses and call him didiiii) and being jealous of his brother. This tends to happen when he's tired and wants me to cuddle him but I need to feed his brother though.

the weather is becoming v nice now and its really warming up. flowers have started blooming and to our surprise, there are cherry blossom trees here. so pretty [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hihi, came here to snoop snoop n glad to see new posts here.

Congrats Mindy! On your pregnancy. Do rest well, sometimes cramping may be cos u exert yourself too much. Anyway, bear the discomforts for now, very soon baby will be born n it's time to plan for his or her 1st yr bd party. Still remember u threw an elaborate party for no. 1. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Febie, sorry to hear about your loss. It is never easy to lose a loved one. But if it is not meant to be, there is nothing we can do. I just lost my dad recently so I know how it feels.

YL, your mums are so supportive. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] i bumped into Jessie n family at Tampines swimming pool in Jan/feb. Think they came back for cny hols. I was surprised to see this 'Ang mo' looking little gal who looks familiar. Then I realized she is Arwen. Looked around n saw Jessie's hubby who also looked familiar. Only person I didn't really recognize was Jessie cos hairstyle looked a bit different. The whole family looks good n Arwen is super duper cute n very tall. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Hi Mummies,

I'm ok.. no worries...

I know that fate plays a huge part in this...

Just kind of sad that I lost it a few days after seeing it...

I'm glad that I have one tod to tide me over this period, if i'm w/o him, guess it will be more difficult...

will try for during end of the yr. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

thanks all for your concern.

Hi mommies..

Like to check if anyone is no longer using ur stroller & wish to give it away? Else anyone has an extra stroller padding?

Tot I can ask around b4 going abt to buy since it's for t2... So don't wish to buy a brand new one.

Re: Capella stroller padding

I tried searching at Mothercare & Kiddy Palace.. Both places do not sell the original padding. They only have the generic thin padding. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

Hey mummies

Any one of you experience SA again? Or rather your buds already understand that you have to leave for work every morning, and will wail out loud to display their displeasure and stop you from going off?

I am not sure if Bryan is at this stage, but for the past weeks (especially after recovering from being sick last week), he would time it such that every morning just as I am about to leave home, he will wake up instead of sleeping a little more and have daddy send him to CC later. I will usually wait for him in that case, and DH will drop me at the train station before sending him to CC. However, he will get really upset and throw a fuss and will insist that I don't go anywhere near the door. Really don't know what to do with him.

congrats mindy!

febie> so sorry to hear about your loss. take care.

lamb> so good to hear from you again. so much has happened during this short span of time. i would like to hear some updates on Nat also. in summary, YX has moved to his big boy bed and is adjusting well. in the span of this few months, he started playschool and has since stopped playschool because he kept contracting viruses back that his PD suggested that we stop him temporarily for him to completely recover and also to avoid spreading the viruses to his little sister.

big_foot> YX has been like that for some time. I;m not sure if it's SA again or because there is a new family member due (and arrived). he is extremely sticky to me. wants me to do everything for him. we try to reassure him in whichever way we can. other than that, i guess will just have to wait for the phase to pass.

fellow mummies> i have delivered via elective c-sect last week. i didnt get to attempt the VBAC that i wanted. long story there. but this time the recovery was much better. perhaps i already knew what to expect. YX's little sister, Yonghui, arrived on 9 Apr weighing a mere 2.5kg but nonetheless healthy. other than feeling a little insecure, YX has been an extremely loving kor-kor and was very obedient whilst i was in the hospital. daddy had no problem putting him to bed.

this is Yonghui at 9 days old.

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/6925625.jpg]

dolphin> have u delivered?

Congrates cocomama, she is such a sweet little gal.. I am kinda worried when its my turn, dunno how my boy will react when i am in hospital..

dolphin delivered too, saw her fb post..

congrates to mindy.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

cocomama>congrats! she's so sweet. so much hair

ET>I'm sure Oliver will be a good boy. Don't worry too much. But maybe talk to him more about his new sibling and tell him you need to go away for a few days.

tyl, how are you and the 2 boys doing? Didnt see much update in FB from you.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

Oliver knows he got a mei mei already, he will sayang and kiss my tummy, but dunno come out he will hit and beat the sister anot due to jealousy.. He cant tolerate me carrying other kids.. Also, havent settle the sleeping areas, cos he sleeps with me now, headache..

Febie, u take care k. Congrats cocomama!!!! N mindy! ET, u another lucky one got 1 b 1g... Haha! I m so tired after wk, no time come forum. Happy to hear updates, n "see" old friend online again. Lamb, how does Nat look like now? So long din see her, her hair must be very "pantene" ad looking

Hello Mummies!!

Didn't get back here for nearly a year!

Lost my password until recently retrieve it back!

How's everyone, read through briefly.

Sorry to hear the sad news Febie.

And congrats to all who had #2.

How's everyone else?

My maid has gone hm for good after her contract and Caleb finally started childcare.

Missing everyone here...keen for a gathering?

Love,

Steph

Hello all..

Hope all is well.

My nanny last min say don't wanna take care of Titus anymore.. Anyone has contacts for nanny near Eunos?

My maternity leave ends in June [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

CocoMama

Yay! U've delivered too! Congrats!

Btw I PM-Ed u.

Dear all

Currently we have sponsors for only 2 children for this outing and 1 volunteer for the trip.  We hope more of you could help to make this outing possible for the children, any small contributions will be very helpful.  We will also need volunteers to join us to help take care of the children for this trip as well.

Many of these low income family parents are lowly educated and they are unable to afford to bring their children out for such outings.  We hope to bring some joy to the children for a one day outing during the school holiday with all your help. 

These children may not have the luxury of their many classmates where parents take them on a flight to an overseas vacations during the school holiday, but at least we hope we can still afford to bring them out on a day trip for them to enjoy themselves.

Do refer to the email below if you are able to help to contribute or volunteer for this outing, we will need to confirm by 5 May 2012 so we will have sufficient time to send the consent form to the beneficiaries.

Thank you

Regards

Charles Tan

Volunteer Resource Network

[email protected]

www.vrngroup.org

Dear all

This June school holiday, we would like to bring the needy children from Reach Family Service Centre for an outing and will need all your support for this activity. Below are the details :

Event    : Hippo Tours + Mint Museum of Toys

Date      :  9 June 2012

Time      : 10am to 3pm (Tentative)

Meeting Point : Reach Family Service Centre

Blk 187 Bishan St 13 #01-475

Singapore 570187

Meeting Time : 9.15am

Number of Children : 55 Children

Number of Volunteers required : 30

Cost per pax : $45.00 (including lunch and transport)

For those who are able to help, we hope you can help to sponsor one child for this outing or any amount will also be greatly appreciated, no matter how small the amount is.  We will also require volunteers to come along to help to look after the children for this outing.

For those who are sponsoring, you may issue a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle LLP” and mail to :

50 Tagore Lane

Entrepreneur Business Centre

#03-10 (Suite : N)

Singapore 787494

Do indicate your name, contact number and “Reach FSC” behind the cheque.  If you require a Tax Exempt Receipt (TER), do provide us your Full Name (Per NRIC), NRIC number, Residential Address as well as the amount for each sponsor if there are more than one.  The TER will be process and send to you after the event date.

Do contact me separately if you would like to do a funds transfer instead of sending a cheque.

We hope we can get enough sponsors for this outing by 8 May 2012.

For those who would like to Volunteer, please provide the following particulars :

1)      Name

2)      Email Address

3)      Contact No.

Volunteers will need to pay for the cost of the programmes and they can issue a cheque payable to “Maple Lifestyle LLP” and mail to the abovementioned address.

For those who are new to our volunteer group, we usually do organise outings for the children from the low income family once or twice a year during the School holidays.  We appreciate all the support from the many individual sponsors in our group to make this outing possible and spending time to put a smile on the children for every outings over the last 8 years.

We hope we can get all your help to make this outing possible, more details will be given to you nearer to the date of the outing.

Thank you

Regards

Charles Tan

Volunteer Resource Network

[email protected]

www.vrngroup.org

P/S: Please contact the organiser directly if youare interested to partake in thisgood cause.

Hi mommies, jus wanna thank everyone who voted... Won consolation for the Baby Bump photo contest. My Baby Bump Contest results

Hubby & I decided to put Titus at IFC after all... Will be starting in June. Hope all works out well..

As for the Capella stroller padding, we eventually bought from the BB hyperstore warehouse directly... Cost $50 for a piece of cloth! *faints*

Hope everyone is doing well.. And take care cos the weather is rather erratic nowadays

Back