(2010/01) January 2010 mtb

spent too much at isetan fair today! but some buys were really good. :p

jessie>arwen is not mantou lah. oreadi got joy eyeing her for dil le. :p

I heard the opposite of what your mom said, ie. pregnant ladies cannot carry other babies or their babies will get jealous and fuss throughout the night. and it really happened to me when I carried my friend's baby. Ayden kicked a lot that night in my tummy.

Melody/SH>Ayden is the same! He'll sleep for 5-6 hours from about 9 before starting to go 3 or 4 hourly. wish I can push back the timing.

smalldreams>actually I hand express more than I pump these days. Find it easier to control wor. only need to sterilise a bottle for the milk. no need to fiddle with the pump and other stuff. :p

you know where to get the telon oil near our place?

think I'm 90% confirmed getting a sling. v tempted after seeing you carry Aifah around so easily.

melissa>maybe can join us at expo if its on a weekend?

I can only meet during the weekend cos start work by Fri le.

my mom said ayden was cranky today. refused to drink from the bottle. only when he cried till he was v hungry then he took the bottle. first time it happened. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif] hope he'll be ok when I start work.

melissa> ur routine realli gd leh... mine got abit of routine... but not an ideal one...

he slps for abt 5-6hrs @ nite from 11/1plus to 5/7plus... so it's quite gd... but in e morn to ev still feeding hrly... except frm abt 2-5pm which is his aftnn nap time... evenings sometimes can feed every half an hr... [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

last nite, we tried to gif him ebm n fm to load him bef slp time... n we realise tt everytime he onli drink 40ml then stop... 0.5-1hr ltr... drink anoth 40ml... we managed to feed him 160ml aft 4 times... we sort of conclude tt usu he tks 40ml frm my breasts... but not enough, so he drink every 0.5-1hr...

if cant reheat ebm means we nd to portion out properli bef feeding liaoz... but v tiring to feed 40ml @ one time... sighz...

aft tt he still cant slp until i latch him twice... mab tonite dun gif fm liaoz... still trying to figure him out so that can tk care of him in a sane manner...

eccokie> i onli first wk @ hm alr feel quite sian... wanted to tk no pay to b wif bb but realli dunno is i ca tk it...

i wan to go the expo fair too leh... but muz convince hb first... n nd to haf more practice wif my sling n pouch... tt day went out wif hb n used a pouch... but e bb got out of position when i tried to latch... quite difficult...

today my boy like pee every time i chg his diaper... dunno is it i let him slp on his tummy then he cant pee???

Wow, can see all mummies had fun yesterday, too bad that I'm not free to join for next gathering again [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/sad.gif]

So far any mummies has back to work yet?

Sweet

Sorry I missed your post. The baby room is rather big (can change diaper, feed baby food etc - I thought I saw a high chair) but the nursing room is small - like the size of a fitting room, with 1 chair & a small sofa for 3 pple. Rather squeezy esp if you're there on a weekend coz I'm sure there will be many nursing moms there too.

Hope that helps.

TYL, Sweet

I was not amazed that that lady hand expressed her milk. I was amazed at the fact she was expressing milk in public, massaging herself right infront of other strangers! She's a really seasoned mum I can see, and she's probably thinks there's nothing to be shy about...haha... but if it was me, I'd be really shy!

TYL

Think the nearest would be Joo Chiat complex / geylang serai lor, like what Melissa said.

CYang

A bottle of telon oil won't suffice! You need a couple of bottles. It smells really good - something like Ruyi but a bit milder i think.

Xin

Like what I suggested to AG, I think it's a sign that your boy doesn't like to pee in his diaper. As such, when you want to change his diaper, you can consider propping him over a potty or a sink and make the Ssss sound. You can save 1 pee in the diaper :p

Mindy

You're not alone. I cant fit into most L size. Singaporeans all too thin lah. Look at gak (super slim & pretty) & the other mums - all so lean! I'll be happy if I can fit into an XL these days. So sad.

ecookie

Ok, Sss yr boy and let me know! hahah..

Took a mid noon nap with baby & when I got up, I had a slight headache. But managed to cook a late lunch. Now super full!

smalldreams>hee, ok. thanks. donno when will go there but will keep a lookout. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

i start work on 17 mar

I went to taka fair & end up bought the maclaren stroller. Think it is a good buy! i hope i can manage the stroller when i go out alone...

smalldreams...u are not the only one who wear XL...me nowadays also sian in buying clothes...vy diff to go in...

ya i din claim all my leave one shot...suppose to start work on 17/3 (12 wks maternity leave) but my coll request me to go back early cos she wants to take leave...haha they all counting down for me to go back to work...haha cos office vy quiet without this miss chatterbox ard...haha

Hello mummies,

I havent posted here in a looong time and have been a silent reader. But feeling rather bored today so decided to post something hahaha. I stay in the east too, so if the eastie mummies are organising a meet up i'd like to join too if you dont mind [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]. What time will you all be going to the Expo baby fair on Fri? May I tag along too? I live just down the road....Not sure if I will bring my babies along tho because I have twins and I havent ventured out with them yet!

smalldreams> will try tt next time... realli waste diaper lor... n haf to keep chg'g him n washing his dirty clothes...

i cant believe i'm doing all these thgs... never used to do any housework... :p...

abt e ebm, tink someone mentioned aft heating can keep for 2hrs... so if cant reheat means can feed e bb @ room temp? or must maintain it as heated...

tink ebm n direct latching each got its set of troubles... :p... i'm a super lazy person... still figuring out which is easier... :p...

whoa, u all so fast return to work...

tyl> i email u e contractor's contact liaoz...

gg to tk a short nap bef e marathon ev feeds begin... hb gg IT fair... dunno wad time coming bk...

AG

Did you get the quest at $199 like what the mummies say?

If yes, then yes it is a good deal! I bought my quest 2 yrs ago at $300+ I think. It's really a sleek and heavy duty stroller. WIthstood trips to Malaysia and even Japan! But it fell off from the boot and now my hubby say something broke....hmmm...

Megan

I think I must wear maternity clothes, then can....haizzz.....

well you must be a really nice person such that you're missed at work [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams,megan,I tink I oso XL nw ald......Dun even dare to go onto my scale....

AG, I oso got that one ytd hehhe, I was the one who is trying it, my hb said he all std one, he no need to learn...duh! Its a gd buy cos I saw ppl selling 2nd hand one same price...somemore it comes with raincover

tyl,megan, u all start so fast ah, I clear my leave all 1 shot.

xin,my boy likes to pee whenever we open his diaper, either to change or bathe him, ald shhh him sometimes n he still does it. always serve us tea! Heng we siam else dunno hw to carry him in clothes drenched in pee

Smalldreams,

Me too, can't fit into some XL size too, I felt i'm huge... **sob sob**

Report to work on 8th Mar, will taking 1 week off monthly to clear the balance of 6 weeks ML leave [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

smalldreams, I still wearing some of my maternity clothes cos they machiam babydoll dresses, n the pants can adjust!

oh yah babyfair at expo got wat ah?

Went isetan, grabbed nuk bottles, lunchbox n food jar....looked at my purchases n later ask myself, ermmmm when then can I use ah, means I must start bringing lunch to work? hahha! I jus buy in case, as usual.

Smalldream,

yup. I bought the $199 one. Jus scare that I can't carry e pram n baby when the situation rises. Other than that, shouldn't b a problem. Long term carrying the sling very strain on my shoulder & my barang barang so heavy!!

Firipy,

Ya ya. I oso ask e salesgirl to demo for me to see!! My hubby sd he no need to see as mainly I use!! Seems easy to fold!!

serangoon north mummies gathering...

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3725116.jpg]

Yuki's LO doing the saturday night fever, Cy's Leticia & Sherry's Shernise

wif tytus sleepg soundly..

[IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3725129.jpg][IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/messages/2495852/3725130.jpg]

AG

I know how to open the quest but i dunno how to close it! So silly. And i've had it for 2 yrs liao.

Firipy, Jasmine, Megan

I've accepted the fact I'll never return to S size. That was when I was 17 yrs old. haha. I gave my sis some of my super old clothes and she was so shocked that I was once that thin!!

Firipy

Nehmind, that lunch jar, later you can use to store Ayden's porridge...

BBchic

EHhh so cute...whose place was this? All doing their own thang...hahaha...

smalldreams,

sherry's place...kekke....

sherry,

bb shernise v camera shy....realise she's playing wif the cushion in all my photos...wakakaaka

Tyl n Megan,

I'm gg bk to wk next wed, can feel gg to miss my LO alrdy!

Fatbabe,

Wooo, u super efficient leh,so fast post the pic alrdy. Hmmm.. how come little sexy Tytus not inside? [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif]

now on the way to meet hubby to go isetan sales. Still tinking shld get avent bttles or other brand.

fatbabe, hahahha! they all like all dancing, they seems to prefer to interact with adults, nt interested in babies yet ahhaha! Tytus seems biggest amongst all.so cute to see them all in a row!

Oh yah,my mum was saying my granny told her last time see baby legs got how many lines then will know next baby is boy or girl, anyone noes? dunno zhun or nt

smalldreams, u will laugh at hw many I have.....I got 12 aahhahah, but nt all I m using la, I only bought 3, the rest comes free with sterliser n breast pump. I dunno when to change oso lei

firipy>hee, I saw the lunch box but figured no need for it yet. got the porridge jar though.

the bb photo is so cute!

yuki>I know I'll miss my Ayden. went out shopping 2days in a row and oreadi miss him lots le.

The pix of the serangoon north mummies gathering is so lovely. Love the vertical pix with Tytus sleeping soundly - 4 bb, 4 expressions. Wonderful pix!

smalldreams & firipy > heard from my cousin that it will be good to change the bottles every 6 mths cos of all the constant heat sterilisation.

Re: expo outing

I am keen to join the Fri outing since it is not too far from my place, cos like chameleon, never try bringing LO out on my own before.

Do we have a lot of Jan mummies leaving in the east?

tyl, same lei, I feel super guilty one if I go without him, hee! gonna miss him tmr again cos need to go jb visit granny, she is hospitalised, fell down....luckily nothing serious.

the sr north babies are so cute... hope to be able to join e next meet up... i not realli sr north but sr... hee...

tink kids oso start to interact wif oth kids abt 1plus or 2? when older will be quite funny to see them sitting tog playing but not wif each oth...

abt clothes... i tried to put on a pair of shorts tt was slightly to big last time... now haf difficulty putting on... but i still she bu de throw away my clothes... wait 6mths see will slim down anot... :p...

gg to wake my bb up liaoz... these 2 days he can slp v well... once he slp... wake up then anoth story... :p...

Wow bbchic, u so fast in upload.. guess i no need resize & upload liao..

2 boys & 2 gals in a row by the eldest to youngest..

We should hav more gathering since we stay so near!!

Doc Chen said Leticia had a big bum when he was injecting her.. [IMG=http://www.singaporemotherhood.com/forumboard/clipart/happy.gif] Poor gal cried a few seconds but no tears one lor. Mummy heartpain, next time get daddy to oversee the jab. hahaha...

Me stayed in e east.. But my in laws sure bu fang xin i bring my gal out alone so i will join u mummies without my gal..

Hi mummies....

Back from the Isetan and Taka shopping again... Bought lots of stuff today!!! All for the children, except for the washable breast pads for myself, hehe!!!

Isetan private sale seems to be more attractive than the Taka one leh...E.g Nuk has 30% discount, combi 25%, etc. Pigeon ones are all the same only 20% nia. Also, the Tiger Food Jar is a very good buy at $39.90..

Sherry, Bluey> We bought the Tiger Food Jar for you liao. Your loots are with Linda but will let you know my bank account to transfer the $$$, k?

fatbabe, sherry, CY, Yuki> All of your babies are so cute....

Me going back to work on 29 Mar....

BabyCare Festival @ Expo

19th, Fri

1) fatbabe

2) Jessie

3) smalldreams

4) AG

5) luvbabe11

20th, Sat

1) fatbabe

2)

3)

21st, Sun

1) luvbabe11

2)

3)

May i know the isetan sales til when ah ?

I just got my perfomance bonus ... haiz is so unfair ... cos because i am preggy last year, no matter how well i perform, my bonus will be affected compared to those poor preformance ... so sad right ....not even half a month bonus .. haiz ...

Dec & Jan i got to pay back my allowance cos i not wkg, end up my jan pay is so so so pathetic ... pay credit card bills & some bills, no more left ... feb only got basic pay ... haiz ... sad sad

dolphine, isetan pte sales is only today, think sales until this sun, i din check when the sales end.

ya luvbabe, isetan sales bttr than taka.

jessie> heh yah lor sounds silly right, but no choice if not i no guts to bring her out myself.

tyl> hmm maybe will just say hi-hi like that if go on weekend cos DH sure go with me but we may go on fri to beat the crowd provided he thinks it's worth going.

xin> i see. then it's ur bb's drinking pattern. mine if i latch also quite jia lat esp when she sleepy, that's the thing about routine. she may be more sleepy than hungry when u wake her. if demand then sure drink. but once i switch to ebm, then no problem cos i can see how much she's drinking and make sure she finish before i stop feeding. if i latch, i can't tell. but pumping so much more troublesome.

luvbabe> sure, you let me have your acct number and the amt to be transferred.. think u gave me before when we had carl's junior hahaha.. sms me yeah

Joy> It was very fun today too!!!! Hehe, maybe I should plan to go out every day next week too.... Lucas finally ended his poo strike and within a few hours, poo twice some more....

When I came home with the stuff that I bought, I then realised that everything is for the children. My DH asked how come he don't have anything!!! Haha!

Sherry> No prob, will sms you again.

CY> It can contain 0.7L of porridge or soup.

Melody> Agree, agree...Feel like eating Carl's Jr too... Another outing to makan Carl's Jr nxt week?

luvbabe>wah, what did you get? got the combi chopsticks you wanted to get yest at taka?

piangz, I also haven't eaten carl's jr in a long time. give me craving...

xin,

serangoon take 315 can reach all of our place...next time join us le...joy's MIL oso stay SGN...so she can come if she not shoppiing...hiakz...

firipy,

tytus is the oldest amg them ma...hiakz...sherry's shernise about the same size as tytus loo...and she's a dirnker as well!! hahahha...

smalldreams,

i buy bottles cos my kiddos' used v long liao...usually change when scratchy...recently bought total of 9 new big nuk wide neck bottles cos #1 & #2 like the big bottles i bought for tytus...so cannot be unfair..help them change lor....hehe...

sherry,

i also wan carl's jnr!! miss the soft, tender beef burger!!

luvbabe,

yah lor...realise once become mummy..everything for the kids....i do buy for hubby oso la...juz dat its 80% for kids...20% for hubby & me...and the amount spend on them...is not sumthing we willing to spend on ourselves...

Cy,

Dr chen told my kids...your mummy is a chicken...every jab i will turn my head away...maid will carry....hahha...but he's nice hor..i bet he say letiicia's tall & chubby...

On my way to meet my hb for movie! So deprived...... Fatbabe ya, abt to say shernise oso abt same, tink. Yuki gal small thats y. U all made me so wanna eat Carl jr

Back